1. e______ introduced from another country
2. f______ business company
3. s______ outer form or appearance
4. d______ the main business center of a city
5. p______ put something into a suitcase
6. f______ attractive or charming
1. Parents should buy some e______ programs for children to study.
2. Do you know C______? He’s an important Chinese thinker.
3. Tom often s______ the Internet on weekends.
4. I like going hiking. I can always e______ new places.
5. The diamond ring is really f______.
6. How p______ it is in the countryside!
7. My brother told me a t______ story of ghosts.
8. Besides zoos, children should also visit some b______ gardens to see some plants in their spare time.
9. This underground doesn’t go d______.
10. How many official languages are spoken in S______?
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, what would be your ______?
2. I want to learn a new language while I’m on vacation. Do you have information about this kind of ______ vacation in Spain or Mexico?
3. I really have flowers, and I collect them from all over the world. I’d like to visit places with beautiful ______.
4. I’m tired and stressed out. I want a ______ vacation on a quiet beach.
5. I like to study the past when I’m on vacation. I’m going to visit some ______ sites in China this year.
6. Our friends took an unusual vacation last year. They spent a week on a ______ by staying on a boat in the ocean.
1. I’m sorry ______ (say) that there’s nothing ______ (eat).
2. This afternoon the biggest football match of this year ______ (be) on TV.
3. They told us that Mr. Wu ______ (see) the film before.
4. It is ten years since I ______ (leave) my hometown.
5. You need something ______ (drink), don’t you?
6. Either he or I ______ (be) right.
7. No ______ (smoke) in the hospital, please.
8. He would take out his money and ______ (pay) for the bill.
9. It’s time for rest; let’s stop ______ (have) our lesson.
10. What color do you decide ______ (buy)?
1. I’d like to trek ______ the jungle.
A. through B. across C. over D. on
2. —Why do the people decide ______ these days? —Because there’s not much to do.
A. visit B. to visit C. not
visiting D. not to visit
3. He felt doubtful about ______ the city.
A. to get around B. get around C. getting around D. whether go or not
4. The Travel Agency offered him a hotel ______ 30 dollars every day.
A. / B. for C.
to D. with
5. My parents want to go ______ on vacation.
A. somewhere peaceful B. dangerous somewhere
C. somewhere boring D. fascinating somewhere
6. They ______ all over the country. So they plan ______ some other country.
A. have traveled, visit B. traveled, to visit
C. traveled, visiting D. have traveled, to travel
7. The play will ______ the cities next week.
A. tourist B. touristy C.
tourism D. tour
8. Scientists are now working ______ humanoids. Because they can help people a lot.
A. on B. against C.
into D. to
9. Some robots are ______ to do the same things ______ people.
A. enough smart, as B. enough smart, with
C. smart enough, as D. smart enough, for
10. ______ would you like to live in?
A. where B. which city C.
which D. when
1. You’re supposed to pay the bill by Friday. You’re ______ ______ pay the bill ______ ______ ______ Friday.
2. She decided that she won’t go alone.
She decided ______ ______ go alone.
3. Surfing the internet can provide us with the latest news.
Surfing the internet can ______ the latest news ______ us.
4. It took some students too much time to play computer games.
Some students ______ too much time ______ ______ computer games.
5. People don’t feel like doing simple jobs over and over again.
People ______ ______ ______ ______ do simple jobs over and over again.
I hope my dream __________________.
There are lots of ____________ around my
He was so busy that he hasn’t come to Tianjin ______.
This company will ______ our company ______ free drinks.
The lady is on an __________________.
I am __________________ a new job.
__________________ can we do but waiting?
I want to find a part – time job in
We ____________ abroad, but we didn’t go because of SARS.
__________________ on the island.
Everyone needs friends. We all like to 1______ someone close. 2______ is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh and do things with. 3______,
sometimes we need to be alone. We don’t always want people 4______. But we would feel lonely if we 5______ had a friend.
No two people are 6______. Friends 7______ don’t get on well. That doesn’t mean 8______ they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will make up and become 9______ again. Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very 10______. We miss them very much, but we can 11______ them and write to them. It could be that we could even see them again. And we can 12______ new friends. It is surprising to find out 13______ we like new people when we get to know them.
There’s more good news for people who have
friends. They live longer than people who don’t. Why? It could be that they are 14______. Being happy helps you stay well. Or it could be just knowing that someone cares. If someone cares about you, you take 15______ care of yourself.
1. A. look B. watch C. feel D. see
2. A. It B. Me C. There D. Someone
3. A. Hardly B. Nearly C.
Suddenly D. Certainly
4. A. alone B. away C. all
over D. around
5. A. ever B. never C.
just D. really
6. A. friendly B. kind C. just the same D. quite different
7. A. always B. sometimes C.
often D. usually
8. A. that B. whether C.
how D. why
9. A. friendly B. good C.
pleased D. friends
10. A. angry B. sad C.
happy D. alone
11. A. call B. ask C.
tell D. talk with
12. A. look for B. find C.
make D. know
13. A. how often B. how long C. how many D. how much
14. A. happier B. stranger C.
kinder D. richer
15. A. less B. better C.
little D. no
There are few families in the United States that do not have either a radio or television set. Both of them have become a necessary part of our daily life, keeping us filled with the news of the day, teaching us in many fields of interest, and
making us happy with singing, dancing and acting. Marconl, the Italian inventor, who gave us the radio, probably didn’t know how much his great invention would have done for the world in the years to come. Radio had, perhaps done as much
as any other communication tool. Things of the world can be reported to people everywhere a few seconds after they happen. Travelers in out- of – the – way places, ships at sea even
astronauts round the earth are able to keep in touch with each other by radio.
Television is another important invention. It lets us see as well as hear the actor. Since its appearance, TV has done a great deal in the daily life of people everywhere. Many programs are now televised in color.
Perhaps the most modern invention is “Telstar”, a “star” moving round the earth. It makes it possible for the people all over the world to be closer than ever before. Now a family in Chicago can watch on TV a motor – car race in Italy, a table tennis competition in Beijing or a
volleyball match in Japan as these events are actually happening!
1. The passage tells us that ______ in the U.S.A. have no radio or television set.
A. a large number of homes B. all the families
C. a small number of families D. quite a few homes
2. Why does the passage say radio and TV have become a necessary part of our daily life?
A. Because they have touched nearly everything in our life.
B. Because men would not live happily without them.
C. Because they are the only ways to spread information.
D. Because no communication means no life.
3. What is the use of a “Telstar” according to the passage?
A. To receive and store information only.
B. To move around the earth just like the moon.
C. To give light onto the earth at night.
D. To help broadcast radio or TV information to the world.
4. Who do you think the writer of the passage is?
A. An Italian. B. A Japanese. C. An American. D.
A Chinese reporter.
5. When the writer introduces Marconl in the second paragraph, he means ______.
A. he was just an Italian inventor
B. his invention has done much for the world
C. he had reported much to people all over the world
D. he helped people travel a lot around the world 基础知识巩固练习参考答案
一、1. exotic 2. firm 3. shape 4. downtown 5. pack
二、1. educational 2. Confucius 3. surfs 4.
explore 5. fascinating 6. peaceful 7. thrilling
8. botanical 9. downtown 10. Singapore
三、1. dream vacation 2. educational 3. botanical gardens 4. relaxing 5. historical 6. whale watch
四、1. to say; to eat 2. will be 3. had seen 4. left 5. to drink 6. am 7. smoking 8. pay 9. having
10. to buy
五、1—5 ADCBA 6—10 DAACB
六、1. expected to, not later than 2. not to 3. provide, for 4. spent, on playing 5. would like not to
七、1. can come true some day
2. vacation spots
3. all year round
4. provide; with
5. exchange program
6. considering changing
7. What else
8. a travel agency
9. planned on traveling
10. There is not much to do
八、1—5 DADDB 6—10 CBADB 11—15 ACDAB 九、1—5 CADCB