Unit 2 How often do you exercise? Period 2 Section B 1a-2e
1. New words：junk，milk，coffee，chip，cola，chocolate，drink，
2. Key phrases：junk food，junk milk，how many hours，how much milk，be good for，
be bad for，be healthy，half an hour
3. Key sentences: My mother says it's good for my health.
How many hours do you sleep every night?
一、 导入（启发探究） 操练下列句子
What do you usually do on weekends? I always exercise.
What do they do on weekends? They often help with housework.
What does she do on weekends? She sometimes goes shopping.
How often do you go to the movies? I go to the movies maybe once a month.
How often does he watch TV? He hardly ever watches TV.
Do you go shopping? No, I never go shopping.
垃圾食品 _________ 牛奶______ 咖啡_____ _
睡眠_______ 蔬菜________ 水果
A: How often do you drink milk ,Liu Fang ? B: I drink milk every day.
A: Do you like it? B: No. But my mother wants me to drink it, she says it’s good for my health. ? She says it's good for my health.
be good for/at/with/to
1. Sports are good _________ health.
2. He is smart and he is good _________ maths.
3. We need a teacher who can be good _________ the kids.
4. Zhou Yang is _________ skating. She won a gold medal at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
A good at B weak in C tired of D angry with
（三）1c 1d 听力训练
A: How often do you exercise? B: I exercise every day.
A: How often does Bill exercise? B: He hardly ever exercises.
? How many hours do you sleep every night? how many/much
1. _________apples are there on the table? Five.
2. ________ milk do you want? Two glasses.
3. _________ is the camera? It’s $100.
4. _________ people visit the 2010 Shanghai World expo every day? About 300,000.
In free time
be surprised at\to \that
It is good\nice\healthy\interesting to
spend time with
（一）want to do sth. 想要做某事want sb. to do sth. 想要某人干某事
Do you want to go to the movies with me？你想和我一起去看电影吗？
I want you to help me with my math.我想要你帮我学数学。
ask sb. to do sth. 叫某人做某事tell sb. to do sth. 告诉某人去做某事
help sb. (to) do sth. 帮助某人做某事
1）__________do you drink coffee? -----Twice a day.
A. How many B. How long C. How soon D. How often
2) My teacher wants me _________ hard.
A. study B. studying C. to study D. studies
3) Eating fruit and vegetables _____________ our health.
A. is good to B. is good C. is good for D. is well for
4) Miss Liu is very ________, because she exercises every day.
A. health B. healthy C. unhealthy D. unhealth
5) Thank you for _______ me with my English.
A. help B. to help C. helping
6) _______ milk do you drink?
A. How many B. How much C.How often D. How soon
（二）maybe / may be
①.The baby is crying, she is hungry. = The baby is crying, she _________ hungry.
②.The woman a teacher . = ______ the woman is a teacher.
maybe 是副词，意为“大概， 可能，或许”，一般用于句首。
（三）a few / few / a little / little
①. People can live to 100, but people can live to 150.
②. There is time left; I don’t catch the first bus.
③. Could you give me milk?
①. The ground is too to dig ②. I can understand them.
③. It’s raining ,the people can go outside.
常用短语：in surprise 惊讶地；to one's surprise 让某人惊讶的是
2. surprise还可以做及物动词，意思是“使...惊讶”。常用短语：surprise sb
1）surprised 形容词，意思是“感到惊讶的”。常用结构：be surprised at sth 对某事感到惊
讶be surprised to do sth 做某事而感到惊讶be surprised + that从句 因...而惊讶
在这个结构中,by是介词,意为“以??方式”、“以??方法或手段”,by 之后常接v-ing 动名词。这种结构在句子“用作方式状语,所表示的方法、手段、途径比较抽象,译成汉语时常为“通过,借助, 用,由”等。如:
We learn English “y reading aloud. 我们通过大声朗读学习英语。
You can turn on the recorder by pressing the button.
She learned English well by listening to the radio. 她借助听收音机学英语学得很好。
[链接] “by +名词”结构
1. 用 “by+交通工具的名词”, 如:by train乘火车/by plane 乘“机等。
2. 用 “by+交通路线的名词”,如: by air乘飞机/by sea从海路等。“
3. 用 “by+通讯工具的名词”,如:by e-mail通过电子邮件等。
注“:这些名词一律用单数形式,其前也通常不加限定词。但要注意的是:by bus=in a bus.
1. Don’t read in bed. It’s bad ___ your eyes.
A. for B. of C. with
2. I try to eat junk food once a week _____ I love it very much.
A. although B. through C. but
3. Jenny _____ lifestyle.
A. has a healthy B. have a healthy C. has a health
4. If you want to be healthier, you must eat ____ junk food, I think.
A. more B. less C. fewer
5. I try ____ vegetables eleven times a week.
A. eat B. eating C. to eat
6. Eating more vegetables helps you to keep ________ good health.
A. for B. in C. to
7. Is Katrina's life the same ____ （和……’同）yours?
A. as B. to C. with
We all need to exercise. Doctors say it is good for us. It makes your heart and body strong. It also gives you more energy. And you will feel better about yourself. lt's best to exercise twice ’ week. Twenty minutes each time is enough.
There are many ways to exercise. You can walk,run,play sports,or swim. Many people go to special places to exercise.They are ca1led "fitness centers." These p“aces have a lot ”f equipment. Some People buy equipment for their homes. But it is very expensive.
Exercising can be fun. Friends can exercise together at a fitness center. Or they can play sports together. How do you exercise ?
( ) 1. What is the main idea?
A. Exercise equipment is expensive.
B. Playing sports is a good way to exercise.
C. Every person shou1d exercise.
( ) 2. We should exercise ________.
A. every day B. 2O minutes a week C. twice a week
( ) 3. At fitness centers,________.
A. you can buy expensive equipment
B. people can do many kinds of exercising
C. it is very expensive
( ) 4. Which of these kinds of exercising is not in the article?
A. Dancing. B. Swimming. C. Sports.
( ) 5. Which of these sentences about exercising is true?
A. Exercising is expensive. B. Exercise is good for your heart.
C. Only doctors exercise.