Unit 3 表数量的词组
1、修饰可数名词：many /many a(an) /a great/good many(of) /a great/good/large number of/dozens of/scores of /quite a few等。many a 的意思相当于many , 但many a 后边接可数名词单数，如
______________student has such a question.许多同学有这样的疑问。
______________ students have passed the exam.许多学生都通过了考试。
______________ days ago, I met him in the park.几天前我在公园里遇到了他。
2、修饰不可数名词： a great/good deal of /large/great amounts of /a large /great amount of /a large sum of /a large amount o/ much /a little
We can get ______________ information from internet.我们可以从互联网上获得大量信息。
3、既可修饰可数名词,也可修饰不可数名词：a lot of (lots of ); plenty of; a large quantity of 等。 _______________ the water is polluted.许多水都被污染了。
_______________the rivers are polluted.许多河都被污染了。
二、few、little；a few、a little的用法：
1、few 和a few 都修饰可数名词。few意为“几乎没有”，表示否定；a few表示“有些、几个”，表示肯定；quite a few=many（修饰可数名词）表示“许多”。如：
I have eaten ____________ apples today.
He has ___________ friends.他几乎没有什么朋友。
2、little和a little都修饰不可数名词。little意为“几乎没有几个”，表示否定；a little表示“有些”。如：
I have _____________ money.我几乎身无分文。
I have _____________ work to do.我有一些工作要做
quite a little=much（修饰不可数名词）表示“许多。
三、a number of 与the number of的区别：
a number of 相当于some，a few； a great/large number of相当于many，quite a few；the number of指的是“…的数量”。如：
_______________ the students in our school is 5，000. 我们学校学生的数量是5000人。 ______________ students have passed the exam.许多学生都通过了考试。
1.a good/great deal of+不可数 v单三
a large/small sum of money v单三
large/small sums of money v单三
a large/small amount of 不可数 v单三
large/small amounts of 不可数 v单三
2.a number of 名词复数 v复数
numbers of 名词复数 v复数
the number of 名词复数 v单三
a good/great many +名词复数 v单三
a good/great many of +the/these/those/one's+名词复数 v单三
3.a variety of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v单三
a supply of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v单三
a quantity of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v单三
a mass of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v单三
a measure of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v单三
measures of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v复数
masses of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v复数
supplies of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v复数
quantities of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v复数
varieties of 名词复数 /不可数名词 v复数
plenty of 名词复数 v复数
plenty of 不可数名词 v单三
如：He is a good student! 他是一个好学生（形容词表示程度的）
He listens to the teacher carefully!他认真的听老师上课！（副词表程度的）
1. Why is there _______ traffic on the streets in February than in May?
A. less B. fewer C. few D. little
2. On account of the typhoon ______ shipment will arrive this week.
A. neither B. all C. both D. these
3. They paid ____ money for the machine than I expected.
A. little B. less C. much D. fewer
4. There are trees on ____ side of the street.
A. such a B. both C. some D. each
5. Have you got ____ copies to go round?
A. the other B. enough C. a little D. much
6. I saw ____ cars outside the building.
A. a little B. any C. lots of D. neither
7. There’s ____ water in the bottle.
A. few B. a number of C. plenty of D. any
8. I’d like ____ paper.
A. a few B. several C. a bit of D. these
9. There are ____ mistakes in the paper.
A. the B. a little C. much D. a few
10. Do they have ____ air-conditioners for cooling the rooms in summer?
A. many a B. enough C. a great deal of D. a bit of
11. Don’t worry about the seats. There are ____ chairs in the room.
A. Plenty of B. any C. both D. most
12. There is ____ iron in this mine than in that one.
A. much B. a great deal of C. less D. a lot of
13. ____ work has to be done before the plant goes into operation.
A. Much B. Double C. A number of D. Neither
14. He wrote ____ essays on Victorian novels in his class.
A. the next B. the most C. the other D. the more
15. The model worker had ____ thought of his own interests.
A. the last B. less C. the least D. another
16. There must be ____ empty talk but more hard work.
A. fewer B. no C. the least D. less
17. He has published ____ short stories in English.
A. a great amount of B. a number of C. another D. many a
18. We had ____ rainfalls last summer.
A. too much B. little C. a little D. only several
19. ____ care would have prevented the accident.
A. Much B. Little C. A little D. A few
20. The students spent ____ their time working in the fields.
A. both B. most C. more D. half