Module 8 Unit 1 I always like birthday parties
By Huang Fang from Dama Middle School I. The analysis of the teaching material
? Students’ level: Grade 7
? Lesson type: Listening and speaking
? Teaching method: Interactive and communicative approach
1. Students will be able to use the adverbs of frequency (always,
often, usually, sometimes, never) freely.
2. Students will be able to understand the description of birthday
3. Students will get to ask about others’ birthday
-Level 1: card, party, present, would, always, great, cake, never,
cut, give, sing, happy
-Level 2: special, secret
--What do you always/ usually/ often/ ... do on your birthday?
-- I always/ usually/ often... on my birthday.
--Would you like to...? -- Yes, I’d/ We’d love to.
Students may have problems in using the adverbs of frequency.
Students may have problems in understanding the description of birthday celebration.
Ⅵ. Learning methods & strategies
Collaborative learning ; Task-based learning
Ⅶ. Teaching aids: Tape recorder; multi-media
Ⅷ. The teaching procedures
Enjoy a video
Step 2: Presentation
1. Introduce something about birthday and teach some words:
usually, often, never, always, sometimes, etc.
2. Ask some students about their birthday.
3. Help students to work in pairs to share their birthday with each 1
1. Listen to the conversation and answer questions
2. Listen again and match
1. The students will be able to read after the tape and try to imitate
the pronunciation and intonation.
2. Then the whole class read together.
Step 5: Pair work
The students will be able to talk about what do they do on their
Step 6: Homework
Level A: Listen to the tape and read the dialogue three times. Act
it out with your classmates.
Level B: Write down a short passage about your birthday.