( )1. —John isn’t happy today. Let’s go and ____.
A. cheer up him B. cheer him up C. to cheer up D. cheer up
( )2. What ____ sad news! We can’t get the movie tickets.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
( )3. When spring comes, the weather ____warm and trees ____ green.
A. goes ; turn B. gets ; turn C. turns ; get D. turns; go
( )4. The monitor let Ann ____ a speech in front of the class. But she refused ____ that.
A. to give ; to do B. give ; to doing
C. giving ; doing D. give; to do
( )5. On my way ____ home, I lost a ticket ____ Titanic.
A. to; to B. to; of C. /; of D. /; to
( )6. —Mom, my classmates invited me ____ a field trip. May I go with them? —OK.
A. go on B. to go on C. go in D. to go in
( )7. Please be quick, or we will have no time ____ have lunch.
A. to B. in C. on D. /
( )8. Li Lei isn’t ____ Liu Ming.
A. tall as B. as taller as C. as tall as D. as the taller as
( )9. The old man lives ____ but he doesn’t feel ____.
A. lonely; alone B. alone; alone
C. alone; lonely D. lonely; lonely
( )10. —I’m going to Hangzhou for a holiday this weekend.
—____ you are there, can you buy me some green tea?
A. Because B. If C. While D. After
( )11. —____ is it from here?
— It’s about ten minutes’ walk.
A. How long B. How soon C. How far D. How often
( )12. It is not right ____ in public places.
A. smokes B. smoking C. smoked D. to smoke
( )13. —Peter, when will you finish your work?
—Don’t worry. I’ll ____ to finish it on time.
A. try our best B. do his best C. do our best D. try my best
( )14. She will call you if she ____.
A. goes to B. go back C. come back D. comes back
( )15. Remember not to have ____ drink.
A. too many B. too much C. many too D. much too
Traffic rules help to keep order on the road. They also help to keep people .
The pedestrian(行人) has as many rules to as the driver of a car. You should walk on the sidewalk(人行道) or at the side of the road. Always look before you walk across the street.
If you like riding a bike, don’t ride in the middle of the road or run red traffic lights. When you ride a bike with a friend, don’t look around or talk.
If you drive a car, you should at the traffic lights. You must always a seat belt(安全带). Without belts the driver and the passengers may be badly hurt in a sudden accident.
You may not need to take a bus, but if you have to travel in one. Get on or get off a bus only when it comes to a . When it is full, don’t try to get inside you may fall off.
Traffic rules are also called Road Safety rules. The maxim(格言) for all road users is “Thinking about others”.
( )16. A. healthy B. safe C. happy D. careful
( )17. A. follow B. make C. break D. pass
( )18. A. happy B. happily C. careful D. carefully
( )19. A. through B. across C. along D. around
( )20. A. speed up B. go ahead C. get off D. slow down
( )21. A. take B. wear C. carry D. bring
( )22. A. half B. none C. both D. all
( )23. A. look around B. take care C. take a seat D. look back
( )24. A. sign B. stop C. corner D. crossing
( )25. A. and B. so C. or D. but
Some Advice on Travel
1. Forget fashion(时尚)! Always wear your most comfortable clothes when going on long journeys(旅行).
2. Traveling on trains and buses can be boring, so take a good book to read.
3. If you’re going somewhere cold, remember to put on your warm clothes!
4. If you are going somewhere sunny, remember to bring your sun-block(防晒霜) and sunglasses. 6. Be careful with your things whenever you go to a busy place, like a train station. There are many thieves there!
7. Most countries have lower prices for students, so if you are a student, take your student card with you.
8. Always leave room in your bag and buy presents on the way home.
9. Bus tours often stop at expensive shops along the way, save your money by buying presents at local shops.
10. If you travel abroad(国外), remember to take your passport. Whatever you do, don’t lose it!
( )26. If you go to Hainan Island for a trip in summer, you should take ____ with you.
A. warm clothes and sports shoes B. sunglasses and sun-block
C. fashionable(时尚的) clothes and a big bag D. some fruit and drinks
( )27. According to the passage, ____ is a good way to keep away from boredom(单调) while you’re on a train or a bus.
A. taking a camera B. reading a good book
C. listening to music D. sleeping for some time
( )28. You must always ____ while you are at busy places because there are often thieves there.
A. put your things away B. look after your things well
C. give your things away D. get your things ready
( )29. If a student wants to buy some presents at lower prices while traveling, he should show ____ to the shop assistant.
A. prices B. his things C. his passport D. his student card
( )30. The underlined word “capture” in this passage means ____.
A. 拍摄 B. 感受 C. 抓住 D. 控制
Mr. Hunt came from a poor family. He had three brothers and two sisters. His father worked hard but wasn’t paid much. And his mother did all the housework at home. They were both able but they couldn’t get enough money for their family.
Mr. Hunt was in school for only three years and he had to stop to help his parents though he was good at his lessons. When he was sixteen, he came to the city and began to work in a small factory. He learned from an old worker and became a skilled worker. The old worker liked him and married his daughter to him. The young man did not have his own house and had to live with his parents-in-law. His mother-in-law always thought he was poor and often chattered. So the young man tried to save everything and hoped to have his own house.
It was one fine Sunday. The old woman wanted to have a picnic on the top of the hill. She told Mr. Hunt to drive her car. But sometimes she told him to turn left and sometimes to turn right. The young man had to listen to her. At a crossing the lights were red but she made him turn left. The policeman stopped them and told the young man to give his license to him.
“If I did wrong, sir,” said Mr. Hunt, “It was my mother-in-law’s fault(过错). She was driving the car though she sat behind me!”
( )31. The Hunts were poor because ____.
A. they were lazy B. they were too weak to work
C. they couldn’t make enough money D. they weren’t able enough
( )32. Mr. Hunt left the school because ____.
A. he didn’t like studying B. his family was poor
C. he wasn’t clever D. he hoped to stay at home
( )33. ____, so the old man married his daughter to him.
A. Mr. Hunt became a skilled worker
B. Mr. Hunt was friendly to him
C. Mr. Hunt was paid much in the factory
D. Mr. Hunt worked for six years there
( )34. The old woman was ____ to Mr. Hunt.
A. good B. bad C. friendly D. useless
( )35. Which of the following is wrong?
A. The old woman herself drove the car that day.
B. It was the old woman’s fault.
C. Mr. Hunt hated his mother-in-law.
D. The old woman told Mr. Hunt to run the red lights.
Travel is to us in at least three ways.
First, We can see many places with our own eyes. We can visit some famous cities and scenic spots(风景区).
Second, we will meet people with different interests and see strange and different things when we travel. We can get ideas of the conditions and customs of other people, taste different foods and local flavours(风味) if we like. In this way, we can understand how differently other people live.
Third, travel will _______ help us to get knowledge of geography and history and other knowledge, _______ help us keep healthy and make us broad-minded(心胸开阔). more popular than ever in China.
A. by traveling we can see different people.
B. by traveling we can make friends.
C. by traveling we can enjoy the beautiful scenery of different places.
D. by traveling we can enjoy delicious food.
40. Which is the best title of this passage? ______
A. Traveling B. Places of Interest
C. Advantages of Traveling D. Disadvantages of Traveling
A. Plan Your Time B. Do Today’s Work Today
C. Set Goals(制定目标) D. Keep Healthy
E. Keep Hopeful F. Be Positive(积极乐观的) About School Life
41. ______ 42. ______ 43. ______ 44. ______ 45. ______
wood near a river, his axe(斧) ___46___ into the river. Alan had only one axe and did
not know how to ___47___. He felt so ___48___ and began to cry.
An old man ___49___ him crying and walked to him. “ What’s the matter,
young man?” he asked.
“ Help me,” said Alan. “ My axe is in the water. I can’t ___50__ _ it.”
“ You’ll have your axe,” said the old man. “ I’ll help you.” Then he jumped into
the ___51___ and soon he brought up a gold axe.
“ Is this ___52___ axe?” he asked.
“No，”said Alan, “ that is not my axe.”
Then the old man brought up a silver(银的) axe. Alan again said that it was not
his axe. The ___53___ time the old man brought up the woodcutter’s axe.
Alan was very happy. “ This is my axe.”
The old man was ___54___ with the woodcutter’s honesty(诚实). He ___55___
all of the three axes to him.
46. ______ 47. ______ 48. ______ 49. ______ 50. ______
51. ______ 52. ______ 53. ______ 54. ______ 55. ______
A: Good afternoon! May I help you, sir?
B: Yes. Is there a table near the window?
A: Yes. Come here and sit down, please. Here’s the menu. (Two minutes later)
B: Sure. I’d like roast chicken and two hot dogs.
A: 57. _______________________________
B: A bottle of bear, please.
A: 58. _______________________________
B: No, that’s all. But be quick, please.
A: OK! Please wait a moment.
B:(About half an hour later)Mm, how delicious!I’m full.59. ____________ A: Let me see. It’s ￥45.00.
B: 60. ________________________________
A: Here is your change. Thank you for your coming. Bye!
What do you usually have for each meal? How do you eat to be healthy? 每顿饭你通常吃什么？如何吃才能健康呢？
一、 单项选择 (15小题，每小题1分，共15分)
1．＿＿＿＿ 2. ＿＿＿＿ 3. ＿＿＿＿ 4. ＿＿＿＿ 5. ＿＿＿＿
6. ＿＿＿＿ 7. ＿＿＿＿ 8. ＿＿＿＿ 9. ＿＿＿＿ 10. ＿＿＿＿
11. ＿＿＿＿ 12. ＿＿＿＿ 13. ＿＿＿＿ 14. ＿＿＿＿ 15. ＿＿＿＿
二、 完形填空（10小题，每小题1 分，共10分）
16. ＿＿＿＿ 17. ＿＿＿＿ 18. ＿＿＿＿ 19. ＿＿＿＿ 20. ＿＿＿＿
21. ＿＿＿＿ 22. ＿＿＿＿ 23. ＿＿＿＿ 24. ＿＿＿＿ 25. ＿＿＿＿
三、 阅读理解 (20小题，每小题2分，共40分)
(A)26. ＿＿＿＿ 27. ＿＿＿＿ 28. ＿＿＿＿ 29. ＿＿＿＿ 30. ＿＿＿＿
(B)31. ＿＿＿＿ 32. ＿＿＿＿ 33. ＿＿＿＿ 34. ＿＿＿＿ 35. ＿＿＿＿
(C)36. ＿＿＿＿ 37. ＿＿ 38. ＿＿＿＿ ＿＿＿＿ 39. ＿＿＿＿ 40. ＿＿
(D)41. ＿＿＿＿ 42. ＿＿＿＿ 43. ＿＿＿＿ 44. ＿＿＿＿ 45. ＿＿＿＿
46. ＿＿＿＿ 47. ＿＿＿＿ 48. ＿＿＿＿ 49. ＿＿＿＿ 50. ＿＿＿＿
51. ＿＿＿＿ 52. ＿＿＿＿ 53. ＿＿＿＿ 54. ＿＿＿＿ 55. ＿＿＿＿
一、1. B cheer ... up使??振作起来。代词宾格him放中间。故选B。
2. D 考查感叹句构成。What+(a/an)+adj. +n. ! How+adj. /adv. !此句中news是不可数名 词, 不能用a修饰。故选D。
3. B 4. D
5. D 本句考查句式on my way to+名词，但后接副词时必须把to去掉，变成on my way+ 副词。Home在此句中为副词。而后句属固定短语a ticket to Titanic。故选D。
6. B 考查固定短语invite sb. to do sth.和go on a field trip。故选B。
7. A 考查短语have no time to do sth.。故选A。
8. C 考查短语as ... as。中间用形容词或副词原级，而A、B、D都不符合。故选C。
9. C 考查alone和lonely的用法。alone指独自，单独，但不一定孤独；而lonely指内 心的孤独，可作定语或表语。故选C。
10. C because 引导原因状语从句，意为“因为??”；if引导条件状语从句，意为“如 果??”；while引导时间状语从句，意为“在??期间”；after也是引导时间状 语从句，意为“在??之后”。这里表示连续的动作或状态。故选C。
12. D 考查句式It+is+adj. +to do sth. 故选D。
14. D 考查if引导的条件状语从句。主句用一般将来时，从句用一般现在时。故选D。
二、16. B 交通规则既有助于维护交通秩序，也有助于保护行人的安全。keep sb. safe 使某 人安全。故选B。
17. A follow the rules意为“遵守规则”，此处follow为后置定语修饰rules。而make 意为“制定”；break意为“违反”；pass意为“通过”。故选A。
18. D 此处look不是连系动词，而是实义动词，必须用副词来修饰。句意是“在你穿 过街道之前总要仔细地看看”。故选D。
19. A through表示“从??内部穿过”的意思；across则表示“从??表面上横过、穿 过”的意思；along意为“沿着；顺着”；around意为“在??周围”。这里表示 “闯红灯”应用run through。故选A。
20. D speed up 加速；go ahead一直往前；get off下车；slow down减速。句意是“如 果你开车，在红绿灯处应当减速”。故选D。
21. B 此处应用wear, 表示“系上”的意思，而其他三个词都有“携带”之意。故选B。
22. C 由句意可知，没有安全带，司机和乘客在突发事故中都可能会受伤。故选C。
23. B 句意是“坐公交车时，也应当小心”。take care为“小心、当心”的意思。 故选B。
24. B 由句意可知，只有当公共汽车停在车站时，才能上、下车。故选B。
25. C 由句意可知，当车满时，不要往车上挤，否则可能会摔下来。故选C。
三、26. B 根据第4条建议可知，如果你打算去一些阳光充足的地方，要用到太阳镜和防晒 霜，而海南岛正是这种气候。故选B。
27. B 根据第2条建议可知，乘火车和汽车旅行很单调，因此要带一本好书去读。故选 B。
28. B 根据第6条建议可知，因为在像火车站这样的一些繁华的地方有很多小偷，因此 要照看好你的东西。故选B。
29. D 根据第7条建议可知，许多国家都有对学生优惠的商品，因此你要随身带上学生 证，这样可以节约钱。故选D。
30. A 根据第5条建议可知，总要随身带上相机去拍摄那些特别时刻。故选A。
31. C 由第一段最后一句 ... they couldn’t get enough money for their family. 可知。
32. B 由第一段话及Mr. Hunt was in school for only three years and he had to stop to help his parents though he was good at his lessons.可知。
33. A 由第二段第三句He learned from an old worker and became a skilled worker. 可知。
34. B 由第二段倒数第二句His mother-in-law always thought he was poor and often chattered. 可知。
35. A 由第三段第三句She told Mr. Hunt to drive her car. 可知。
(C) 36. good 37. C 38. not only; but also 39. 优点，优势 40. C
(D) 41. D 42. B 43.C 44.E 45.A
四、46. fell 47. swim 48. sad 49.heard 50.find
51.river 52.your 53.third 54.happy 55.gave
五、56、May I take your order?
57. What would you like to drink?/ Which drink do you want?/ What about the drink?
58. Anything else?
59. May I have the bill?
60. Here you are.