从每小题A、B、C、D四个选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳答案。 1. –Did you do well in ______ English test?-- Yes, I got _____ ―A‖. A. the, an B. an, the C. a, / D. the, a 2. I like music that I can dance _______. A. with B. to C. along D. on
3. There are many tall buildings on ______ sides of the street. A. each B. every C. both D. either
4. ―Help ______ to some fish,‖ Mrs Smith said to the children. A. you B. yourself C. yourselves D. yours
5. We _________ here two hours ago. We ______ here for two hours. A. have arrived, have been B. have come, have been C. came, have come D. arrived, have been 6. Look at the girl ______ name is Lucy. A. who B. whose C. which D. whom
7. Beijing is one of the _______ in the world today.
A. busiest city B. busiest cities C. busy city D. busy cities 8. Is the traffic ______ in your city ? A. big B. small C. heavy D. hard
9. For your next vacation, why not ______ Canada? A. consider to visit B. considering visit C.consider visiting D. to consider visiting
10. I love places ______ the people are really friendly. A. where B. how C. when D. what
11. You’d better get up __________ possible ______ you can catch the early bus.A. as soon as, so that B. as early as, so that C. as soon as, in order D. as early as, in order
12. Hello! I’m glad to see you here. When ______ you _____ ? A. did, arrive B. will arrive C. have, arrived D. are arriving 13. They each ______ an English-Chinese dictionary. A. have B. has C. to have D. having 14. Our food will ________.
A. run out B. run out of C. be run out D. be running out of
15.My coming late made my teacher ______.
A. angrily B. unhappy C. exciting D. unhappily 16. _______ ill, I can’t go to school today. A. Because of B. As C. Being D. With
17. ________ of the workers in this factory is about fifty. A. A number B. The number C. Many D. A lot
18. Our neighbor’s car alarm is always ______ in the middle of the night. A. going off B. going out C. going away D. going down 19. Put it down, Tony, You mustn’t read _______ letter.
A. anyone’s else’s B. anyone’s else C. anyone else D. anyone else’s 20. Please give me a piece of paper _______.
A. to write B. to write on C. to write with D. to write down 21. –May I _____ your dictionary for a moment ?--Sure. A. borrow B. lend C. get D. keep
22. – Would your younger brother like to go for a picnic with us this Sunday ? --If I don’t go, _______.
A. so does he B. so will he C. neither will he D. neither does he 23. I like living in the house ______ is big and bright. A. that B. who C. how D. where
24. When the father came home, the naughty boy pretended _______ his homework. A. to do B. to be doing C. doing D. being done
25. _____ your parents are not at home. What should you do ? A. Try B. Be supposed C. Suppose D. Think 26. What have you ______ the waste paper? A. dealt with B. done with C. dealt D. done
27. When I moved to the city two years ago, the government ______ several modern buildings here.
A. built B. will build C. had built D. has built
28. He had ______ homework to do that he had no time to play with us last night. A. such much B. so many C. such many D. so much 29. Don’t get too _____ to the dog, Rosie. A. close B. closed C. closing D. closely
30. It took them about ten days to go _______ the big desert (沙漠). A. through B. across C. cross D. crossing 31. — Please turn off the light.
— OK, Mom. I won’t leave the room ______ the light _____. A. when; on B. with; on C. with; off D. when; off
32. — What do you think of Beijing?
— Wonderful. It ________ changed a lot in the last few years. A. have B. has C. is D. was
33. — What was your brother like when he was young?
— He _______ be quiet, but now he’s very outgoing. A. was used to B. used to C. used by D. was used for 34. Tom, your hair is too long. Would you please get your hair _______. A. be cut B. to cut C. cut D. cutting 35. －I think students should be allowed _______ homework with friends. －I disagree. They talk instead of ________ homework. A. do, doing B. to do, to do C. to do, doing D. doing, to do 二，完形填空（共10小题，每题1分，计10分）
In the world today, allof the people need recreation (消遣). We ___36___ work all the time if we are going to keep healthy and enjoy life.
Everyone has his own way of ____37____. Perhaps one of the most popular forms ____38___ to take part in sports. There are team sports, such as basketball and football. There are ____39___ individual(各人的) sports, such as swimming and running. Skating and mountain climbing are the most popular forms of recreation for people who ___40___ to be outdoor.
Not everyone who enjoys ____41___ likes to take part in them. Many people like ____42___ them on TV or listening them on the radio. So many people like some forms of ____43____recreation, such as watching TV, singing and dance.
It doesn’t matter ___44____ we like indoor recreation or take part in outdoor sports. It is important for everyone to ___45___ from time to time, and enjoy some forms of recreation.
36. A. can B. can’t C. must D. wouldn’t
37. A. retiring B. living C. sighting D. relaxing 38. A. is B. are C. was D.were 39. A. too B. also C. even D. ever 40. A. hate B. dislike C. like D. follow
41. A. culture B. practice C. sports D. programs 42. A. looking at B. seeing C. watching D. checking 43. A. online B. worldwide C. outdoor D. indoor 44. A. that B. whether C. when D. although 45. A. relax B. work C. study D. dream
During the Second World War, Winston Churchill was the British Prime Minister. One day he had to go to the British Broadcasting Corporation (the BBC) to make an important speech to the nation.
An hour before the time of this speech, he stopped a taxi in the street and asked the driver to take him to the BBC, but the taxi driver, who did not recognize him, said he could not take him anywhere just then, because he wanted to go back to his home at the other end of London to hear Churchill make a speech on the radio. Churchill was so pleased when he heard this . Churchill answered that he gave the man a pound, which was worth quite a lot in those days.
―All right, get in,‖ said the driver happily, opening the door of the taxi. ―I’ll take you, and to hell with (让……见鬼去) Churchilland his speech!‖
46. During the Second World War, Winston Churchill was the _______. A. British Prime Minister B. American Prime Minister C. Chinese Prime Minister D. French Prime Minister
47. An hour before the time of this speech, he stopped a ______ in the srteet and asked the ____ driver to take him to the _______.
A. bus, VOA B. taxi, BBC C. taxi, VOA D. bus BBC
48. The taxi driver wanted to go back to his home _____ of London to hear Churchill make a speech _______.
A. at the other end, on the radio B. in the other end, in the radio C. on the other end, to the radio D. at the other end, in the radio 49. What do you think of the driver?
A. He cared for Churchill more than for his speech
B. He cared for Churchill’s speech more than for Churchill himself. C. He cared for Churchill and his speech more than for money. D. He cared for money most.
50. Can you imagine Churchill’s expreeion after he heard the driver’s last word ? A. happy B. Dumbfounded (目瞪口呆的) C. surprised D. worried
Walking in the street, Richard didn’t know where to go. His hometown was about 400 miles away. He used to have little food. So he came to this city. But nobody would use a man who could neither read nor write. It began to snow and soon the ground turned
white. He felt a little warm when he was passing a restaurant. He stood at the gate, but a policeman saw him and made him leave.
The young man was hungry and cold . He was afraid of dying in such bad weather.He went in a supermarket. It was quite warm in it .He knew he would soon be driven out. He thought for a while and had an idea. He looked around. The salesgirl was busy serving(为……服务) a rich man. He put on a coat quickly and hurried off. Bad luck ! Anther salesgirl found it .Of course, he was caught and sent to a police station. He understood the prison(监狱) was waiting for him.
―Were you thinking of anything while you were stealing the coat, young man?‖asked an officer.
―Yes ,sir ‖answered Richard ,―I would have a warm coat unless (除非) I was caught; In case (万一) I would able to live in a warm room!‖ 51. Richard came to the city to .
A.look for some food B.find a job C.find a warm place D.steal a coat 52. The policeman didn’t let Richard .
A.go into the restaurant B.beg something in the restaurant C.stand at the gate of the restaurant D.watch the people in the restaurant 53. Richard stole a coat . A.when the salesgirl was serving the rich man. B.after the salesgirl left the supermarket C.as soon as he went in the supermarket. D.when he was leaving the supermarket.
54. The phrase―a warm room‖Richard wanted to live in means . A.restaurant B.hospital C.school D.prison 55. Which of the following is TRUE? A.Richard was afraid to be caught. B.Richard was glad to be a thief.
C.Richard preferred staying in the city to living in his hometown. D.Richard preferred being in prison to dying in the cold weather.
An old lady in a plane had a blanket（毯子）over her head and she did not want to take it off . The air hostess spoke to her, but the old lady said, ―I have never been in a plane before , and I am frightened. I am going to keep this blanket over my head until we are back on the ground again !‖
Then the captain came. He said, ―Madam, I am the captain of this plane. The weather is fine, there are no clouds in the sky, and everything is going very well. ‖But she continued to hide.
So the captain turned and started to go back. Then the old lady looked out from under the blanket with one eye and said, ―I am sorry, young man, but I don’t like planes and I am never going to fly again. But I’ll say one thing, ‖She continued kindly, ―You and your wife keep your plane very clean!‖ 56. An old lady had _________ .
A. glasses B. a blanket over her head C. a coat D. a basket 57. A. She didn’t want to ________ .
A. take it off B. turn it off C. get on D. talk about it 58. _________ spoke to her .
A. The air hostess B. The man next to her C. her husband D. one of her friends
59. The old lady had never been _________ before .
A. abroad B. home C. in a plane D. in hospital
60. The woman didn’t like planes and she was never going ________ . A. to fly again B. to travel C. to go abroad D. to go home
Of London’s estimated（估计）75,000 homeless people, a high percentage（百分率）are between the ages of seventeen and twenty-five. Every year in Britain, over 5,000 young people leave home. Most of these young people are over sixteen but some are even younger. Most of them are escaping（逃走、逃脱）from an unhappy home life but a few of them just want the bright lights of a big city and a chance to earn（赚、挣）some money.
When their money runs out, some start begging or busking（街头卖艺）to earn money. They start living on the streets and sleeping in doorways or in squats（蹲踞）. Many of them return home after a few months but the rest stay. Some say they prefer the freedom（自由）of the streets to life at home.
61.Most young people are when they leave home.
A. more than fourteen B. over fifteen C. over sixteen D. seventeen 62.Every year in England, more than young people leave home. A. 50 B. 500 C. 5000 D. 50000 63.They leave home because . A. they don’t have a happy home life B. they want the bright light in the cities C. they want to make much money D. all the above three answers 64.After a few months many of the young people . A. start begging B. live on the streets C. sleep in doorways D. have to return home
65. The rest of these young people don’t go home because they like better than life at home.
A. the freedom B. the city C. the lights D. the money
A.根据首字母提示写单词完成下面的句子。（5分） 66. The dog’s d_______ made its owner sad for a long time. 67. You can’t drive without a driver’s l________.
68. —Which do you p_________, tea or coffee?
—Oh, a cup of tea, please.
69. Jessica first c__________writing to him, but then decided to see him.
70. In India, people often train elephants to help to c____ heavy wood. B. 根据汉语提示填写单词完成下面的句子。（5分）
71. Chinese began to celebrate(庆祝) Chinese New Year in _______(古代的) China.
72. It will be a _________ (令人愉快的) day for me if I see a sunset. 73. He told us a very ___________ (生动的) story about his life in America.
74. You cannot _________ (想象) how knowledgeable the person is.
75. I can’t stand the ____________ (广告) that suddenly appear when the TV plays are on.
volunteer. Are you ready to be an online volunteer? 根据短文内容完成下列各题。 76. What is a volunteer?
_________________________________________ 77. How can an online volunteer work?
_________________________________________ 78. 将(A)句译成汉语。
_________________________________________ 79. (B)处 rather than 可以换成：
_________________________________________ 80. (C)处a variety of汉语意思是：
learn English 82_____, you have to practice all the time. Listening to the 83_____, watching television, and attending movies are good 84_____ to improve your listening skill. You can develop your speaking skill by85_____ to native speakers of English whenever possible and by speaking aloud to 86_____ when you are alone. Reading and writing also require a lot of 87_____. You can improve your reading skills by reading English language 88____ and magazines. Writing to 89_____ in English and keeping a diary are good ways to practice writing.
Hope you have a good time 90_____ your stay here for the course, thank you.
你原来身体状况不好，经常感冒，经过一段时间的锻炼，你感到身体好了，学习效率也明显提高了。此时校报英语角正在征集―Sports and Health‖的文章，你想就此机会写一写你参加体育活动后的感受。
提示词语：the Physical Trainning Centre体育健身中心， join in, energetic 精力充沛
A volunteer is someone who performs or offers to perform a service out of his own free will(自愿), often without payment. The year 2001 was the International Year of the Volunteer. 2005 was the UK Year of the Volunteer.
Some volunteer for clinical trials(临床试验) or other medical research. (A) Some may even donate their bodies to scientific research after their death. An online volunteer is a person who spends time and effort with an organization through an online connection, (B) rather than in person. A great number of people from around the world are online volunteers. Online volunteers can provide help in many fields. The practice of offering online help goes by other names.
There are many opportunities for people to donate their services using the internet. Online volunteers can do (C) a variety of tasks. Young or old, anyone can spend his spare time online offering some help as an online