1. The house _______ we live in is very big .
2. The boy ______ is wearing the black jacket is very clever .
3. This is the present _____ he gave me for my birthday .
4. The man _______ talked to you just now is an engineer .
5. He talked about the teachers and schools _______ he had visited .
6. There is nothing in the world _______ can frighten him .
7. She wears a gold ring, _______ is very uncommon in our class .
8. We visited a factory _______ makes toys for children .
9. Is this the place _______ your father once lived ?
10. I’ll never forget the days _______ I joined the League .
11. The boys________ are playing football are from Class One .
12. Those ______ want to go to the museum must be at the school gate at 7 tomorrow .
13. Mr Liu is the person ________ you talked about on the bus .
14. The professor ________ you are waiting for has come .
15. Football is a game _______is liked by most boys .
16. He likes to read books ________ are written by foreign writers .
17. This is the pen _______ he bought yesterday .
18. We’ll go to hear the famous singer _______ we have often talked .
19. Where is the man _________ I saw this morning ?
20. The season_________ comes after spring is summer .
21. I visited a scientist ________ name is known all over the country .
22. He has a friend ______ father is a doctor .
23. I once lived in the house _____ roof has fallen in .
24. I still remember the day _____ I first came to this school .
25. The time _______ we got together finally arrived .
26. Shanghai is the city ______ I was born .
27. The house ______ I lived ten years ago has been pulled down .
28. Please tell me the reason ______ you missed the plane .
29. The reason ____ he was punished is unknown to us .
30. All the people ______are present burst into tears .
31. There are about seven million people taking part in the election, most of _______ are well educated .
32. He succeeded in the competition, _____ made his parents very happy .
33. The school ______ he once studied is very famous .
34. Tomorrow I’ll bring here the magazine _______ you asked .
35. This is the boy ________ I played tennis with yesterday .
1. -- Who is the man _______ was talking to our English teacher ? -- Oh ! It’s Mr Baker , our maths teacher .
A. he B. that C. whom D. which
2. I hate the people ________ don’t help others when they are in trouble .
A. who B. which C. they D. where
3. The foreigner _________ visited our school is from Canada .
A. which B. when C. who D. whom
4. George Mallory was an English school teacher _______ loved climbing .
A. who B. whom C. he D. which
5. This is the place _____ I have ever visited .
A. there B. when C. where D. which
6. Nobody knows the reason ______ she didn’t come to the meeting .
A. that B. which C. why D. when
7. The moon is a world ______ there is no life .
A. that B. which C. where D. why
8. He has forgotten the day _______ he arrived .
A. when B. where C. that D. which
9. He still remembers the days ______ he spent with your family .
A. when B. where C. that D. on whic
10. Mr. White , ______ car had been stolen , came to the policeman .
A. who B. that C. whose D. which
11. He got to the village _______ his family once lived before liberation .
A. that B. which C. when D. where
12. This is the house _______ I want to buy .
A. in which B. that C. whose D. where
13. This is the house _______ our beloved Premier Zhou once lived and worked .
A. which B. that C. when D. where
14. He didn’t tell me the place _______ he was born .
A. that B. which C. when D. where
15. He lived in a small village , ______ was a long way from the railway station .
A. that B. which C. where D. when
16. I work in a business ________ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance .
A. how B. which C. where D. that
17. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others , ____ , of course, made the others envy him .
A. who B. that C. what D. which
18. American women usually identify their best friend as someone ________ they can talk frequently .
A. who B. as C. about which D. with whom
19. The film brought the hours back to me ________ I was taken good care of in that far-away village.
A. until B. that C. when D. where
20. The famous scientist grew up________ he was born and in 1930 he came to Shanghai .
A. when B. whenever C. where D. wherever
21. A story goes ________ Elizabeth I of England liked nothing more than being surrounded by clever and qualified noblemen at court . A. when B. where C. what D. that
22. The Parkers bought a new house but ________ will need a lot of work before they can move in .
A. they B. it C. one D. which
23. Is this factory ______ you worked at ?
A. the one B. which C. that D. where
24. Is this the factory _______ you worked ?
A. where B. which C. that D. the one
25. -- Does the teacher know everybody _______ planted the trees ? --Yes, he does .
A. which B. whose C. where D. who
26. The letter _______ I received from him yesterday is very important .
A. who B. where C. what D. that
27. He is not ____ a fool ____ .
A. such , as he is looked B. such , as he looks C. as , as he is looked D. so , as he looks
28. I hate people _______ talk much but do little .
A. whose B. whom C. which D. who
29. Do you know a boy ______ sister is a nurse in a hospital ?
A. who B. that C. whom D. whose
30. Is there a shop near here ______ we can buy vegetables and fruits ?
A. which B. when C. who D. where
31. The house ____ we live is not big .
A. in that B. which C. in which D. that
32. He talked about the lectures and schools ____ he had visited .
A. that B. which C. who D. whom
33. The scientist the teacher is talking ____ is leaving for Beijing .
A. to him B. whom C. to D. to that
34. I , who ____ your teacher , will teach Marxism as a truth to you .
A. is B. are C. were D. am
35. ____ they could do was to work hard .
A. All B. All what C. All which D. That
36. Do you know the reason ____ he didn’t come ?
A. that B. which C. for D. why
37. The room ____ windows face south is his .
A. that B. which C. whose D. who’s
38. The park , ____ we visited yesterday , is very nice .
A. where B. which C. that D. when
39. The park , ____ we met with him , is very nice .
A. where B. which C. that D. when 40. The first time ____ I saw her was in 1989 .
A. when B. which C. that D. as 41. Pay attention to all ____ I do .
A. which B. in which C. what D. that 42. I’ve read all the books ____ you gave me .
A. which B. them C. what D. that 43. Is there anything ____ I can do for you ?
A. what B. which C. that 44. The woman ____ child had fallen ill was a doctor .
A. who B. her C. whose 45. The pen ____ I’m using ____ is hers .
A. which , it B. that , it C. it , / 46. I have the same trouble ____ you have .
A. that B. which C. as 47. It’s the very book ____ I want to find .
A. which B. that C. it 48. He is the only one of the boys who ____ English for four years .
A. has learnt B. have learnt C. learn 49. This is one of the books ____ worth reading .
A. that is B. which are C. it was 50. This is the best film ____ been shown this year .
A. which has B. which have C. that has 51. This is the largest clock in the world, the minute have ____ is six minutes long .
A. where B. of which C. that 52. Can you tell me the reason ____ you didn’t come for yesterday ?
A. why B. how C. which 53. Do you still remember the day ____ we spent together last month ?
A. that B. in which C. when 54. Oct. 1, 1949 was the day ____ the New China was founded .
A. that B. in which C. when 55. Is it in that factory ____ “Red Flag” cars are produced ?
A. in which B. where C. which 56. ____ we all know, he is a good man .
A. Which B. Who C. That 57. I’ve never seen such a lazy boy ____ you are .
A. which B. who C. that 4
D. it D. / D. / , / D. what D. so D. learning D. they are been D. that have D. of that D. what D. where D. where D. that D. As D. as
58. There were many great leaders in the history ____ Abraham Lincoln was the greatest one .
A. in which B. in whom C. of which D. of whom
59. I bought a new dictionary, ____ is very beautiful .
A. whose the cover B. of which cover C. the cover of which D. which cover
60. They have planted many trees , one third of ____ are pine trees .
A. them B. whose C. which D. that
61. That is my office , ____ face the south .
A. it’s windows B. the windows C. the windows of it D. the windows of which
62. He’s given us a lot of information , ____ is valuable .
A. little of it B. Little of which C. a little D. much of them
63. He has two sons, ____ is a collage student .
A. who B. both of whom C. neither of whom D. neither
64. There are forty-five students in our class , ____ is only fifteen .
A. the youngest of whom B. the oldest of them C. one of them D. the tallest
65. He has published two books , ____ I’ve completely forgotten .
A. their names B. the names of which C. the names of them D. what names of which
66. He has several friends , the most devoted ____ is Henry .
A. friend B. one of them C. of them D. of whom
67. Five men stole into the gate , ____ was lame in the right leg .
A. the second B. the third of whom C. one of them D. among them
68. This is the very school ____ I wanted to visit .
A. where B. that C. which D. in which
69. Is the school ____ you are going to work ?
A. where B. that C. which D. there
70. Is this ____ you want ?
A. which B. the one C. that D. the one what
71. Shanghai , ____ I have visited twice , has a large population .
A. where B. which C. what D. that
72. My youngest sister , ____ is forty years old , has got a life professorship in a university .
A. which B. whom C. who D. that
73. The students didn’t like the way ____ she was dressed .
A. / B. which C. what D. how
74. The buses, ____ were already full , were surrounded by on angry crowd .
A. most of that B. which most C. most of which D. that most
75. I am determined to learn my subjects in the way ____ you have done .
A. in which B. by what C. what D. where
76. He used to do things in a way ____ did no harm to anybody .
A. / B. what C. in which D. that
77. I’ll do ____ to help you .
A. all I can B. all what I can C. all those I manage D. all which I can
78. All ____ want to buy the book, put down your names here .
A. who B. these that C. those who D. ones
79. This is the third time ____ you’re late for school .
A. in which B. that C. which D. on which
80. He arrived yesterday, ____ was just what we expected .
A. what B. who C. that D. which
81. Einstein taught at Princeton , ____ there was a famous research institute .
A. that B. where C. which D. because of
82. That is the reason ____ he came to see you .
A. when B. that C. which D. for which
83. She is one of the few persons ____ Spanish in our school .
A. who knows B. who know C. which speak D. that speaks
84. He is the only one of the teachers ____ Spanish in our school .
A. who teaches B. who teach C. which teaches D. that teach
85. You are the only one ____ advice he might listen to .
A. who B. that C. whose D. whatever
86. Here is so big a stone ____ no man can lift .
A. as B. which C. who D. that
87. Some of the roads were flooded , ____ made our journey more difficult .
A. which B. it C. what D. that
88. Who ____ has common sense will do such a thing ?
A. which B. who C. whom D. that
89. Is this the museum ____ some German friends visited last Wednesday ?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
90. Is this museum ____ you visited the other day ?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
91. -- How do you like the book ? -- It’s quite different from _____ I read last month .
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what
92. He is a man of great experience , ____ much can be learned .
A. who B. that C. from which D. from whom
93. Antarctic ____ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round .
A. which B. where C. that D. about which
94. Each time ____ they met , they would talk long hours together .
A. which B. during C. when D. /
95. May the fourth is the day ____ we Chinese people will never forget .
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which