1. Sit down
2. on duty
3. in English
4. have a seat
5. at home
6. look like
7. look at
8. have a look
9. come on
10. at work
11. at school
12. put on
13. look after
14. get up
15. go shopping
1. help sb. do sth.
2. What about…?
3. Let?s do sth.
4. It?s time to do sth.
5. It?s time for …
6. What?s…? It is…/ It?s…
7. Where is…? It?s….
8. How old are you? I?m….
9. What class are you in? I?m in….
10. Welcome to….
11. What?s …plus…? It?s….
12. I think…
13. Who?s this? This is….
14. What can you see？ I can see….
15. There is (are) ….
16. What color is it (are they)? It?s (They?re)…
17. Whose …is this? It?s….
18. What time is it? It?s….
1. Good morning, Miss/Mr….
2. Hello! Hi!
3. Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you, too.
4. How are you? I?m fine, thank you/thanks. And you?
5. See you. See you later.
6. Thank you! You?re welcome.
7. Goodbye! Bye!
8. What?s your name? My name is ….
9. Here you are. This way, please.
10. Who?s on duty today?
11. Let?s do.
12. Let me see.
5. There be句型的用法。
There is a bird in the tree. 树上有只鸟。
There is a picture on the wall. 墙上有张图。
You look in this box and I?ll look in that one over there.你看看这个盒子，我去看那边的那个盒子。
I want this car, not that car. 我想要这辆小汽车，不是那一辆。
Take these books to his room, please. 请把这些书拿到他房间去。 This is mine; that?s yours. 这个是我的，那个是你的。
These are apples; those are oranges. 这些是苹果，那些是橘子。
This is Mary speaking. Who?s that? 我是玛丽。你是谁？
3. There be/ have
There be "有"，其确切含意为"某处或某时存在某人或某物。"其结构是：There be + 某人或某物 + 表示地点或时间的状语。There be 后面的名词实际上是主语，be 动词的形式要和主语在数上保持一致，be动词后面的名词是单数或不可数名词时用is，名词是复数时用are。例如：
(1) There is a big bottle of coke on the table. 桌上有一大瓶子可乐。
(2) There is a doll in the box. 那个盒子里有个娃娃。
(3) There are many apples on the tree. 那树上有许多苹果。
总之，There be结构强调的是一种客观存在的"有"。have表示"拥有，占有，具有"，即：某人有某物(sb. have / has sth.)。主语一般是名词或代词，与主语是所属关系。例如：
(4) I have two brothers and one sister.我有两个兄弟，一个姐姐。
(5) That house has four rooms.那所房子有四个房间。
4. look/ see/ watch
Look! The children are playing computer games. 瞧！孩子们在玩电脑游戏。 Look! What?s that over there? 看！那边那个是什么？
单独使用是不及物动词，如强调看某人/物，其后接介词at，才能带宾语，如： He?s looking at me。他正在看着我。
What can you see in the picture? 你能在图上看到什么？
Look at the blackboard. What did you see on it?看黑板！你看到了什么？
Yesterday we watched a football match on TV.昨天我们从电视上看了一场足球比赛。
4. put on/ / in
put on意为“穿上，戴上”。主要指“穿上”这一动作, 后面接表示服装、鞋帽的名词。 in 是介词，表示“穿着”强调状态。在句中可以做定语、标语和状语。如： It?s cold outside, put on your coat. 外面冷，穿上你的外衣。
He puts on his hat and goes out. 他戴上帽子，走了出去。
The woman in a white blouse is John?s mother.穿白色衬衣的那个妇女是John的妈妈。
5. house/ home/family
house ：“房子”，指居住的建筑物; Home: “家”，指一个人同家人共同经常居住的地方; Family: “家庭“，“家庭成员”。例如：
Please come to my house this afternoon. 今天下午请到我家来。
He is not at home. 他不在家。
My family all get up early. 我们全家都起得很早。
6. fine, nice, good, well
(1) fine指物时表示的是质量上的"精细"，形容人时表示的是"身体健康"，也 可以用来指"天气晴朗"。例如：
Your parents are very fine. 你父母身体很健康。
That's a fine machine. 那是一台很好的机器。
It's a fine day for a walk today. 今天是散步的好时候。
Lucy looks nice. 露西看上去很漂亮。
These coats are very nice. 那些裙子很好看。
Nice to meet you. 见到你很高兴。
It's very nice of you. 你真好。
Her son is a good student. 她儿子是一个好学生。
The red car is very good. 那辆红色小汽车很好。
I'm very well, thanks. 我身体很好，谢谢。
My friends sing well. 我的朋友们歌唱得好。
5. There be句型的用法。
Mary, please show ________ your picture.
A. my B. mine C. I D. me
_________ orange on the desk is for you, Mike.
A. A B.An C. / D. The
---What _______ the number of the girls in your class?
A. is B. am C. are D. be
There _______ a football match on TV this evening.
A. will have B. is going to be C. has D. is going to have
【解析】答案：B。该题考查的是There be…句型和动词have用法区别。There be句型本身就表示“在某个地方存在某个人或物”，不能和动词have混在一起用。
1. ---What color is the bike?
---It?s _______ orange.
A. an B. a C. / D. the
2. That isn?t her bag. It?s ________.
A. my B. I C. mine D. me
3. ---Oh, your kite is very nice.
A. That?s right B. No, it?s not nice C. Yes, it is D. Thank you
4. The woman is sixty, but she _______ young.
A. is B. sees C. looks D. watches
5. It?s time ________ lunch. Let?s go home.
A. to B. in C. for D. on
6. ---________ is your coat?
---The black one.
A. What B. Where C. Which D. How
7. ---________ is the toy?
---It?s on the bed.
A. Who B. Where C. What D. Whose
8. The shoes are too old. Put ________ over there.
A. it B. they C. their D. them
9. Excuse me. Can you _______ my watch, please?
A. look B. look like C. look after D. look at
10. Look _______ the blackboard and listen _______ the teacher.
A. / / B. at; to C. after; / D. on; after
11. ---Whose dress is this?
A. Lucy B. Lucy?s C. Jim D. Jim?s
12. The girl ______ the purple coat is his sister.
A. at B. in C.
on D. with
13. There is a bird ______ the tree.
A. in B. on C. to D. of
14. There are many ________ in our school.
A. woman teachers B. woman teacher
C. women teacher D. women teachers
15. ---Is there a ball under the desk?
A. Yes, it is B. Yes, there?s
C. No, there isn?t D. No, there is
16. There _______ some books and a pencil on the desk.
A. am B. is C. are D. be
17. ---Let me help you.
A. You?re welcome B. Thanks very much
C. Don?t worry D. Yes, thanks
18. ______ old man is ______ English teacher.
A. The; an B. An; an C. The; the D. A; a
19. ---What _____ five plus six?
A. am B. is C. are D. /
20. ---What ______ you see in the picture?
---I can see some flowers.
A. must B. can C. are D. do
This is a picture of Kat?s ____1____. What can we ____2_____ in the picture? Look ____3____ it, please. The man ____4____ the black coat is Kate?s father, Mr. Green. The ____5____ in the red sweater is Mrs. Green. They ____6____ young. The baby is Kate. The little boy is Kate?s ____7_____, Jim. ___8____ the man behind Mrs. Green? Oh, he?s ____9___ brother, Mr. Read. He ____10____ young, too.
1. A. families B. family C. parents D. brothers
2. A. look B. do C. see D.put
3. A. at B. after C. for D. up
4. A. on B. of C. in D. to
5. A. man B. girl C. women D. woman
6. A. are B. is C. look like D. looking
7. A. sister B. brother C. father D. aunt
8. A. What?s B. Where?s C. Who?s D. How is
9. A. his B. her C. our D. their
10. A. looks B. am C. look D. very
1. How are you? A. I am in Row 6.
2. Can you spell it, please? B. Fine, thank you.
3. How do you do? C. Yes, b-o-o-k, book.
4. What row are you in? D. It is ten.
5. What?s two plus eight? E. Nice to meet you, too.
6. Nice to meet you. F. I am 14.
7. How old are you? G. Wang Ping is.
8. Who?s not here? H. It?s here.
9. Where is the bag? I. It?s a book.
10. What is this in English? J. How do you do?
Jim: Excuse me, Ann. Whose black dog is this? Is it yours?
Ann: Let me have a look.________1_______. I think it?s Sam?s. My dog is brown.
Jim: Sam, look at the dog behind the tree.________2__________?
Sam: Sorry, it isn?t mine. My dog is black and white. I think it looks like Mary?s. Jim: _____________3______________?
Sam: She?s my friend. Look! She?s over there. Let?s go and ask her. Jim: _______________4_______________.
Sam: Hi, Mary! Is that dog yours?
Sam: It?s a lovely dog! Don?t lose it!
Mary: Yes, thank you.
A. Who?s Mary
B. OK, let?s go
C. Oh, no it?s not mine
D. Oh, yes. It?s mine
E. Is it yours
1. ________ (He) pen is in ______ (I) pencil-box.
2. ________ (You) shoes ________ (be) under the bed.
3. ________ (Who) new ruler is this?
4. ---Are these trousers _______ (you)?
---No, they aren?t ________ (we)
5. It?s time ________ (go) and play games.
6. This is my pen. Please give it to ________ (I).
7. I have two ________ (baby).
8. Look! That is a ________ (China) car.
9. It is __________ (my teacher) sweater.
10. Now her ________ ( parent) are in America.
Bob was born in a big and rich family. His father is a university professor. He teaches American history. His mother is a very capable woman. She is the manager of a big company. She earns a lot of money, of course. Bob has two sisters and a brother. His elder sister, Jenny, is fourteen. She studies in a middle school. His younger sister, Ann, is ten. She studies in a private primary school.
She has a very good memory. She is clever. His younger brother, Dick, is only six. He has just started going to school. Bob gets on well with his family. He is on good terms not only with his parents, but also with his sisters and brother. (have a friendly relationship with sb.) He is, in a word, an apple in their eyes.
1. Bob was born in a small and rich family.
2. He has two brothers and a sister.
3. There are five people in his family.
4. Dick is only six. He studies in a private primary school.
5. “He is an apple in their eyes” means “They love him very much”.
Look at the clothes line in the twins' bedroom. There are some clothes on it. You can see a green blouse and a yellow skirt. The trousers on the clothes line are black. They are not new but clean. Are they Lily's clothes? No. I know they are Lucy's. Lily's clothes are on a clothes tree near the window. Her trousers are
brown, her blouse is white and her skirt is blue. There is a new hat on the clothes tree, but it's not Lily's, it's Lucy's. There is an old hat on Lucy's bed in the room, it's Lily's. There are no clothes on the other bed, the bed is Lily's.
1. What can you see in the bedroom? I can see __________.
A. a clothes line B. a tree C. a bed
2. What colour are Lucy's trousers? They are ________.
A. green B. black C. brown
3. Where is Lucy's hat? It's on _________.
A. the clothes tree B. the clothes line C. lily's bed
4. How many beds are there in the room? ________.
A. only one B. three C. two
5. Are there any things on Lily's bed? ________.
A. Yes, there is a hat on it
B. No, there is not anything on it
C. Sorry, I don't know
It's a fine Sunday morning. Ann and her mother are in a big bus. There are many people in it. Some of them come from America, and some come from England and Canada. They are all their friends. They are going to the Great Wall.
There are two Chinese in the bus. One is woman. She is driving the bus. The other is a young man. He speaks good English. He is now talking about the Great Wall. The other people are all listening to him. They like the Great Wall. They want to see it very much.
1. Ann and mother are going to the Great Wall __________.
A. by bike B. by car C. by plane D. by bus
2. There are __________.
A. only one Chinese in the bus B. only two Chinese in the bus
C. only two Chinese on the bike D. only one Chinese in the car
3. The driver is __________.
A. a man B. a woman C. a Canadian D. an American
4. The people __________.
A. are singing B. are talking C. are listening D. are looking at the wall
5. They __________.
A. can see the Great Wall B. can speak English very well.
C. want to talk with the man very much D. want to see the Great Wall very much
1. a bottle of
2. a little
3. a lot (of)
4. all day
5. be from
6. be over
7. come back
8. come from
9. do one?s homework
10. do the shopping
11. get down
12. get home
13. get to
14. get up
15. go shopping
16. have a drink of
17. have a look
18. have breakfast
19. have lunch
20. have supper
21. listen to
22. not…at all
24. take off
25. throw it like that
26. would like
27. in the middle of the day
28. in the morning / afternoon/ evening
29. on a farm
30. in a factory
1. Let sb. do sth.
2. Could sb. do sth.?
3. would like sth.
4. would like to do sth.
5. What about something to eat?
6. How do you spell …?
7. May I borrow…?
1. —Thanks very much!
2. Put it/them away.
3. What's wrong?
4. I think so.
I don't think so.
5. I want to take some books to the classroom.
6. Give me a bottle of orange juice, please.
Please give it / them back tomorrow. OK.
9. What's your favourite sport?
10. Don't worry.
11.I?m (not) good at basketball.
12. Do you want a go?
13. That's right./ That?s all right./ All right.
14. Do you have a dictionary / any dictionaries?
Yes, I do. / No, I don?t.
15. We / They have some CDs.
We / They don?t have any CDs.
16. ---What day is it today / tomorrow?
17. ---May I borrow your colour pens, please?
---Certainly. Here you are.
18. ---Where are you from?
19. What's your telephone number in New York?
20. ---Do you like hot dogs?
---Yes, I do. ( A little. / A lot. / Very much.)
---No, I don't. ( I don't like them at all.)
21. ---What does your mother like?
---She likes dumplings and vegetables very much.
22. ---When do you go to school every day?
---I go to school at 7:00 every day.
23. ---What time does he go to bed in the evening?
---He goes to bed at 10:00.
1. That's right./ That?s all right./ All right.
"I think we must help the old man.""我想我们应该帮助这位老人。"
"That's right."或 "You're right.""说得对"。
That?s all right.意为“不用谢”、“没关系”，用来回答对方的致谢或道歉。例如：
"Many thanks." "That's all right."
"Sorry. It's broken." "That's all right."
"Please tell me about it." "请把此事告诉我。"
Is your mother all right?你妈身体好吗
Can you make a paper boat for me? 你能为我做个纸船吗？
He?s doing his homework now.他正在做他的作业。
“I want to go there by bus” , he said . 他说，“我要坐汽车到那里去。”
Please say it in English .请用英语说。
speak : “说话”，着重开口发声，不着重所说的内容，一般用作不及物动词 (即后面不能直接接宾语 ) 。如：
Can you speak about him? 你能不能说说他的情况？
I don?t like to speak like this. 我不喜欢这样说话。
She speaks English well.她英语说得好。
talk : 与 speak 意义相近，也着重说话的动作，而不着重所说的话，因此，一般也只用作不及物动词，不过，talk 暗示话是对某人说的，有较强的对话意味，着重指连续地和别人谈话。如：
I would like to talk to him about it . 我想跟他谈那件事。
Old women like to talk with children.老年妇女喜欢和孩子们交谈。
tell : “告诉”，除较少情况外，一般后面总接双宾语。如：
He?s telling me a story.他在给我讲故事。
tell a lie 撒谎
tell sb. to do sth. /tell sb. not to do sth.
Miss Zhao often tells us to study hard.
4. do cooking/ do the cooking
do cooking 作“做饭”解，属泛指。do the cooking 特指某一顿饭或某一家人的饭。cooking为动名词，不能用作复数，但前面可用 some, much修饰。从do some cooking可引出许多类似的短语：
do some washing 洗些衣服
do some shopping 买些东西
do some reading 读书
do some writing 写些东西
do some fishing 钓鱼
go shopping 去买东西
go fishing 去钓鱼
go boating 去划船
go swimming 去游泳
5. like doing sth./ like to do sth.
like doing sth. 与like to do sth. 意思相同，但用法有区别。前者强调一般性的爱好或者表示动作的习惯性和经常性；后来表示一次性和偶然性的动作。例如：
He likes playing football, but he doesn?t like to play football with Li Ming.
6. other/ others/ the other/ another
Have you any other questions?你还有其他问题吗?
In the room some people are American, the others are French.在屋子里一些人是
the other表另一个（二者之中）one…，the other…
One of my two brothers studies English, the other studies Chinese.
There is room for another few books on the shelf.书架上还可以放点书。
7. in the tree/ on the tree
in the tree 与 on the tree.译成中文均为"在树上"但英语中有区别。in the tree表示某人、某事（不属于树本身生长出的别的东西）落在树上，表示树的枝、叶、花、果等长在树上时，要使用on the tree.如：
There are some apples on the tree. 那棵树上有些苹果。
There is a bi
rd in the tree. 那棵树上有只鸟。
8. some/ any
(1)some和 any既可修饰可数名词，也可修饰不可数名词。但有以下两点需要 注意。
There is some water in the glass.
Is there any water in the glass?
There isn't any water in the glass.
Would you like some tea?
9. tall/ high
a tall woman 一个高个子妇女
a tall horse 一个高大的马
He is high up in the tree. 他高高地爬在树上。
The plane is so high in the sky. 飞机在空中这么高。
10. can/ could
(1) can表示体力和脑力方面的能力，或根据客观条件能做某种动作的"能力 "。例如：
Can you ride a bike？ 你会骑自行车吗？
What can I do for you？ 要帮忙吗？
Can you make a cake？你会做蛋糕吗？
(2) can用在否定句和疑问句中时有时表示说话人的"怀疑""猜测"或不肯定。例如： Where can he be？他会在什么地方呢？
Can the news be true？这个消息会是真的吗？
It surely can't be six o'clock already？不可能已经六点钟了吧？
You can't be hungry so soon，Tom，you've just had lunch.汤姆，你不可能饿得这么快，你刚吃过午饭。
What can he mean？他会是什么意思？
You can come in any time.你随时都可以来。
--- Can I use your pen？我能用你的钢笔吗？
--- Of course，you can.当然可以。
You can have my seat，I'm going now.我要走了，你坐我的座位吧。
could 是 can的过去式，表示过去有过的能力和可能性（在否定和疑问句中）。例如：
The doctor said he could help him.（能力）医生说他能帮助他。
Lily could swim when she was four years old.（能力）
At that time we thought the story could be true.（可能性）
Could I speak to John，please？我能和约翰说话吗？
Could you wait half an hour？请你等半个小时好吗？
Could you please ring again at six？六点钟请你再打电话好吗？
只有现在式can和过去式could两种形式。能表示一般现在和一般过去两种时态，有时也能表示将来。所有其他时态（包括将来时）须用be able to加动词不定式来表示。例如：
They have not been able to come to Beijing.
11. look for/ find
look for 意为“寻找”，而find意为“找到，发现”，前者强调“找”这一动作，并不注重“找”的结果，而后者则强调“找”的结果。例如：
She can?t find her ruler. 她找不到她的尺子啦。
Tom is looking for his watch，but he can?t find it.汤姆正在寻找他的手表，但没能找到。
12. be sleeping/ be asleep
be sleeping 表示动作，意思是“正在睡觉”；be asleep 表示状态，意思是“睡着了”。如：
---What are the children doing in the room? 孩子们在房间里做什么？
---They are sleeping.他们正在睡觉。
The children are asleep now.现在孩子们睡着了。
13. often/ usually/sometimes
We usually play basketball after school.我们通常放学后打篮球。
Sometimes I go to bed early.有时，我睡觉很早。
He often reads English in the morning.他经常在早晨读英语。
14. How much/ How many
how much常用来询问某一商品的价格，常见句式是How much is / are…? How much is the skirt? 这条裙子多少钱？
How much are the bananas? 这些香蕉多少钱？
how much后加不可数名词，表示数量，意为“多少“，how many后加可数名词的复数形式。
How much meat do you want? 你要多少肉呀？
How many students are there in your class? 你们班有多少人？
15. be good for/ be good to/ be good at
be good for 表示"对……有好处"，而be bad for表示"对……有害"；be good to表示"对……友好"，而be bad to表示"对……不好"；be good at表示"擅长，在……方面做得好"，而be bad at表示"在……方面做得不好"。
Doing eye exercises is good for your eyes.做眼保健操对你的眼睛有好处。 Eating too much is bad for you health.吃的太多对你的身体有害。
Miss Li is good to all of us.李老师对我们所有的人都很友好。
The boss is bad to his workers.这个老板对他的工人不好。
Li Lei is good at drawing, but I'm bad at it.李雷擅长画画，但是我不擅长。
16. each/ every
each 和every都有"每一个"的意思，但含义和用法不相同。each从个体着眼，every从整体着眼。each 可用于两者或两者以上，every只用于三者或三者以上。 We each have a new book.
There are trees on each side of the street.
He gets up early every morning.
Each of them has his own duty.
They each want to do something different.
I do my homework in the evening.
I'm doing my homework now.
现在进行时常与now, these days, at the moment 或Look, listen等词连用；而一般现在时常与often, always, sometimes, usually, every day, in the morning, on Mondays等连用。
We often clean the classroom after school.
Look! They are cleaning the classroom .
---Hurry up! We?re all waiting for you.
---I ________ for an important phone call. Go without me.
A. wait B. was waiting C. am waiting D. waited
Could you help ____ with _______ English, please?
A. I, my B. me, me C. me, my D. my, I
Dr. White can _______ French very well.
A. speak B. talk C. say D. tell
English is spoken by ______ people.
A. a lot B. much many C. a large number of D. a great deal of
【解析】答案：C。只有a large number of 能用来修饰复数可数名词people。
1. There is some ______ on the plate.
A. cakes B. meat C. potato D. pears
2. Uncle Wang wants ______ the machine like a bike.
A. ride B. riding C. rides D. to ride
3. Tom usually goes to bed ________ ten o'clock in the evening.
A. at B. in C. on D. of
4. ______ picture books in class, please.
A. Not read B. No read C. Not reading D. Don't read
5. The box is too heavy. Let ________ help you to carry it.
A. we B. us C. ours D. our
6. Hurry up, ______ we'll be late for the meeting.
A. and B. but C. then D. or
7. People usually ______ "hello" to each other when they make a phone call.
A. say B. speak C. tell D. talk
8. Look! She ________ a kite for her son.
A. makes B. is making C. make D. making
9. These shoes are yours. Please ________.
A. put on them B. put on it C. put them on D. put it on
10. She often gets ______ very late.
A. home B. at home C. to home D. in home
11. I think the shop is closed ________ this time of day.
A. in B. on C. at D. for
12. I want ______ of meat, please.
A. half kilo B. a half kilo C. half a kilo D. a kilo half
13. --- Is this black ruler ________?
--- No. It's ________.
A. yours, his B. your, his C. yours, him D. you, he
14. ________ book on the desk is a useful（重要的）one.
A. A B. An C. The D. /
15. Grandma is ill. We have to take her to the ________.
A. farm B.
post office C. hotel D. hospital
16. Liu Mei often helps her mother ________ housework.
A. does B. do C.doing D. to doing
17. We watch evening news on ________ at 7:00 in the evening.
A. CCTV B. CAAC C. WTO D. MTV
18. There ________ a box of apples on the desk.
A. are B. is C. has D. have
19. Would you like ________ with me?
A. go B. to go C. going D. goes
20. Sometimes his brother ________ TV after supper.
A. watch B. sees C. watches D. is watching
1. Kate's glass is empty. She wants a f______ one.
2. I think my father can help you m______ your broken bike.
3. I have two pencils. One is short, the other is l______.
4. Please open the w______. It's getting hot here.
5. Something is w______ with my bike. May I borrow yours?
1. There are some ________ there, talking loudly. (woman)
2. This blouse isn't hers. It's ________. (my)
3. The people on the farm are very ________. (friend)
4. Do you know ________? (he)
5. Tom's uncle can drive cars. He is a good ________. (drive)
work, close, look, have, teacher, pen, eat, China, play, climb
1. This is our ________ desk. Ours are over there.
2. Bill has three ________. One is new and the other two are old.
3. His uncle ________ very young but he is over forty.
4. Let's ________ basketball after class.
5. Look! The cats are ________ up the trees.
6. The shop isn't open. It's ________.
7. My brother ________ some new picture books.
8. In our classroom there is a large map of ________.
9. Mum, please give me something to ________. I'm very hungry.
10. Does Mr Green like ________ in this Chinese school?
A. Please give it back soon.
B. It's over there
C. Certainly. When do you want it?
D. Thank you very much.
E. Black and red, and it's not very new.
A: Excuse me, Lin Tao!
A: My bike is broken. Can I borrow yours?
A: This afternoon.
B: OK. Here's the key.
A: ____2__. But where is it?
A: What colour is it?
A: I see. I think I can find it.
A: All right. See you!
These days men and women , young and old are ___1_____ the same kind of ___2____, and a lot of ___3_____ have long hair（头发）. We often can't ___4_____whether they are boys or girls, men or women.
___5_____ old man often goes to walk in the park. He is sitting on a chair now.
A young person is ___6_____ ___7_____ him.
"Oh, goodness!" the old man says to the other one. "Do you ___8_____ that person with long hair? Is it a boy or a girl?"
"A boy," says the other one. "He is my son." "Oh," says the old man, "Please ____9____ me. I don't know you are his ____10____." "I'm not his mother, I'm his father," says the other one.
1. A. having B. wearing C. putting D. buying
2. A. clothes B. trees C. pictures D. Bags
3. A. we B. your C. them D. Theirs
4. A. talk B. teach C. say D tell
5. A. An B. A C. The D. /
6. A. running B. flying C. standing D. driving
7. A. on B. beside C. in D. At
8. A. see B. watch C. look D. Read
9. A. help B. excuse C. teach D. Ask
10. A. baby B. sister C. father D. Mother
( A )
Mr Li teaches Chinese in the USA. He comes back to China every year. He gives us a talk. He says," K Day in the USA is very interesting. All children like it very much. It is on March 7th. When you go out on that day, you can see children running with kites in the open air(露天). When you look up, you can see different kites in the sky（天空）. Some are big, and some are small. They are in different colors. Every kite has a long string(长线). The children begin to run when they get the kites up. Every child has a good time that day.
1. Mr Li is _______________. He works in the USA.
A. a worker B. an English teacher C. a doctor D. a Chinese teacher
2. Mr Li says something about _______________.
A. how to study English B. K Day in the USA
C. his work in the USA D. playing in the open air
3. March 7th is _________________.
A. Children's Day B. Teachers' Day C. K Day D. Tree planting Day(植树节)
4. Every kite has _____________________.
A. a short string B. a long string C. the same colour D. the same size(大小)
5. There are _______________ kites in the sky on that day.
A. all kinds of B. one kind of C. three kinds of D. three
( B )
Wednesday Thursday Friday
Get up 7:10 a.m. 7:10 a.m. 7:10 a.m. 7:10 a.m. 7:10 a.m.
morning school school school school school
lunch pizza rice rice rice rice
Table-tennis Table-tennis Table-tennis football
evening homework homework television homework clothes
Go to sleep 10:15 p.m. 10:15 p.m. 10:15 p.m. 10:15 p.m. 10:15 p.m.
6. On _______________, Paula usually gets up at 7:10 am.
A. Thursdays B. Wednesdays C. weekdays D. weekends
7. Pizza is a kind of _________________.
A. drink B. fruit C. toy D. food
8. Paula's favourite sport is _________________.
A. volleyball B. table-tennis C. yo-yo D. football
9. On Wednesday evenings Paula usually ___________________.
A. watches TV B. does her homework
C. washes her clothes D. goes to see her friends
10. Which is wrong?
A. Paula goes to school from Monday to Friday.
B. Paula goes to bed after ten o'clock.
C. Paula has sports in the afternoon.
D. Paula usually has Pizza for lunch.
1. this, man, come, Sydney
2. he, China, very much
3. now, teach, in Beijing
4. he, say, Beijing, big, beautiful, like, work, here
1. on time
2. best wishes
3. give a talk
4. for example
5. short for
6. a waste
7. go on a field trip
8. go fishing
9. I agree
10. next week
11. the day after tomorrow
12. have a picnic
13. have some problems doing sth.
14. go the wrong way
15. hurry up
16. get together
17. in the open air
18. on Mid-Autumn Day
19. come over
20. have to
21. get home
22. agree with
23. in the country
24. in town
25. all the same
26. in front of
27. on the left/right side
28. next to
29. up and down
30. keep healthy
31. grow up
32. at the same time
33. the day before yesterday
35. last Saturday
36. half an hour ago
37. a moment ago
38. just now
39. by the way
40. all the time
41. at first
1. have fun doing sth.
2. Why don?t you…?
3. We?re going to do sth.
4. start with sth.
5. Why not…?
6. Are you going to…?
7. be friendly to sb.
8. You?d better do sth.
9. ask sb. for sth.
10. say goodbye to sb.
11. Good luck(with sb)!
1.Welcome backto school!
2.Excuse me. I?m sorry I?m late, because the traffic is bad.
3.It doesn?t matter.
4.Happy Teachers? Day !
5.That?s a good idea.
6.What are you going to do？
7.Where are we going ?
8.What are we going to do ?
9.I?m good at…
10.It?s not far from…
11. Are you free tomorrow evening?
12.Would you and Lily like to come over to my home for Mid-Autumn Festival?
13.I?m glad you can come.
14.Thanks for asking us.
15.How about another one?
16.May I have a taste?
17.Let me walk with you.
18.What do you have to do?
19.Do you live on a farm?
20.Which do you like better, the city or the country?
21.Which do you like best, dogs, cats or chickens?
22.Shall we go at ten? Good idea!
23.---Let?s make it half past one. ---OK.
24.---Why not come a little earlier? ---All right.
25.Excuse me. Where?s the nearest post office, please?
26.It?s over there on the right.
27.I?m sorry I don?t know.
29.Thank you all the same.
30.Which bus do I take?
31.Go along this road.
32.What day was it yesterday?
33.I?m sorry to hear that.
34.I hope you?re better now.
35.Why did you call me?
36.I called to tell…
1.be going to的用法；
1. on the street / in the street
表示“在街上”时，on the street 和 in the street 都可以，在美国多用on the street, 在英国多用in the street. 例如：
We have a house in the street. 我们在街上有座房子。
I met him on the street. 我在街上遇见了他。
2. would like / like
would like 和 like含义不同。like 意思是“喜欢”，“爱好”，而 would like 意思是“想要”。试比较：
I like beer.=I?m fond of beer. 我喜欢喝啤酒。
I?d like a glass of beer= I want a glass of beer. 我想要一杯啤酒。
Do you like going to the cinema? 你喜欢看电影吗？
Would you like to go to the cinema tonight? 你今晚想去看电影吗？
3. another / the other
(1)another 通常用于三个或三个以上或不确定数量中的任意一个人或物体。 例如： May I have another apple, please? 请在给我一个苹果好吗？
This coat is too small for me. Please show me another这件外套我穿太小，请再给我拿一件看看。
(2)the other 通常指两者中的另一个。例如：
He has two rulers. One is short. The other is long. 他有两把尺子，一把短的，另一把长的。
I have two brothers. One works in Xi?an . The other works in Beijing. 我有两个兄弟，一个在西安工作，另一个在北京工作。
4. have to /must
(1)have to和 must 都可以用来谈论义务，但用法略有不同。如果某人主观上觉得必须去做而又想去时，常用must。如果谈论某种来自“外界”的义务，常用have to。例如：
I must stop smoking. 我必须戒烟。（自己想戒烟）
They have to work for the boss.
(2)have to 可用于多种时态，must 只能用于一般现在时。例如：
I?ll have to get up early tomorrow morning.明天早晨我必须早早起床。
We had to work long hours every day in order to get more money.
(3)用于否定句时，mustn?t意思是“决不能”，“禁止”，而don?t have to意思是“不必”，相当于needn?t。例如：
You mustn?t be late again next time.下一次你决不能再迟到。
You don?t have to go there today. You can go there tomorrow.
5. hear sb. or sth.doing sth. / herar sb. or sth. do sth.
hear sb. or sth.doing sth.意思是“听到某人或某物在做某事”，而hear sb. or sth. do sth.意思是“听到某人或某物做过某事”。试比较：
I hear him singing an English song.听见他在唱英歌曲。
I heard him sing an English song.我听见他唱一首英文歌。
类似hear 这种用法的还有see, watch, listen, feel等感官动词。
6. any /some
I want some money. 我想要点钱。
Have you any money? 你有钱吗？
I don?t have any money. 我一点钱也没有。
some 有时也用于疑问句，表示说话人期待一个肯定回答或鼓励人家说“是”。例如： Would you like some more beer?请你再来点啤酒好吗？
Could I have some rice, please?请给我来点米饭好吗？
7. hear /listen to
listen to 和hear 都有“听”的意思，但含义有所不同。Listen to强调“听”的动作，hear 强调“听”的结果。例如：
Listen to me ,please! I?m going to tell you a story. 请听我说！我给你们讲个故事。
Listen! Can you hear someone crying in the next room? 听！你能听见有人在隔壁房间里哭吗？
I listened, but heard nothing.我听了听，但什么也听不见。
I hear some foreign students will visit our school.我听说一些外国学生将要访问我们学校。
I hear there is going to be a film in our school this evening.我听说今晚我们学校要演一场电影。
8. Let?s… /Let us…
Let?s… 和Let us… 都表示“让我们……”, 如果us 包括听话人在内，其含义相同，附带问句用shall we. 如果us 不包括听话人在内，其含义不同，Let us…的附带问句要用will you。例如：
Let?s go shopping, shall we? 我们去购物好吗？
9. take/ bring/ carry /get
My parents often take me there on holidays.我父母常常带我到那里去度假。 I?m going to take you to Beijing.我准备带你去北京。
Bring me a cup of tea, please.请给我端杯茶来。
I?ll bring the book to you tomorrow.明天我把那本书给你带来。
The waiter carried the me to the table服务员把肉送到桌上。
The monkey carried the bag on her back.猴子把那个包背在背上。
She went back to get her handbag.他折回去拿他的手提包。
Let me get the doctor.让我去请医生吧。
10. far away /faraway
Some are far away. Some are nearer.有些离得很远，有些离得近一些的。 The village is far away from here.那个村子离这儿很远。
(2)faraway是一个形容词，意思是“遥远的”，可以在句中作定语。例如： He lives in faraway mountain village.他住在一个遥远的小山村。
11. find / look for
find和look for 都有“找”的意思，但含义不同。find 强调“找”的结果，而look for 强调“找”的过程。请看下列例句：
He is looking for his bike.他在找他的自行车。
I?m looking for my watch, but can?t find it.我在找我的手表，但是找不到。 I hope you will soon find your lost ring.希望你尽快找到丢失的戒指。
I found a wallet in the desk.我在课桌里发现了一个钱包。
I find this book very interesting.我觉得这本书很有意思。
12. in front of /in the front of
In front of 表示在某物的前面，不在某物的范围内。In the front of 表示在某物的前部，在某物的范围内。试比较：
My seat is in front of Mary?s.我的座位在玛丽座位的前面。
He is sitting in the front of the car with the driver.他和
1. be going to的用法；
In the exam, the ________ you are, the ________ mistakes you?ll make.
A. carefully, little B. more carefully, fewest
C. more careful, fewer D. more careful, less
Bob never does his homework _________ Mary. He makes lots of mistakes.
A. so careful B. as carefully as C. carefully D. as careful as
That day I saw some parents _________ at the back of the classroom, ________ to the teacher.
A. sitting, listened B. sat, listened
C. sitting, listening D. sat, listening
【解析】答案：C。该题考查的是see sb. doing sth.的句型结构和分词作状语的用法。第一个空stting在句中作saw的宾语补足语，第二个空listening做伴随状语。
You ________ open the door before the train gets into the station.
A. don?t have to B. mustn?t C. needn?t D. may not
【解析】答案：B。该题考查的是几个情态动词否定式的用法区别。don?t have to和needn?t的意思都是“不必”，may not的意思是“可以不”，只有mustn?t表示“不许”，“禁止”。
1. Welcome back ________school.
A. in B. at C. to D. on
2. Miss Gao is our new Chinese teacher ________.
A. in this term B. this term
C. on this term D. that term
3. ---I?m sorry I?m late.
A. OK B. It doesn?t matter
C. All right D. Thank you
4. Li Mu and Jill are talking _________where they are going.
A. about B. to C. with D. for
5. There is very ______food in the house.
A. a few B. little C. a little D. few
6. You?d better take a raincoat ____you.
A. to B. with C. on D. for
7. The children are going to the Great Wall ______a field trip.
A. to B. with C. on D. for
8. I?m______hungry. May I have a mooncake?
A. a little B. little C. a few D. few
9. I?m still hungry. I?d like _________one.
A. other B. another C. an other D. the other
10.The moon looks ____than the sun, but in fact the sun is ______than the moon.
A. big; big B. bigger; bigger
C. small; small D. smaller; smaller
11. I can see them_____football on the playground.
A. play B. playing C. to play D. are playing
12. Ji Wei runs_________than I.
A. fast B. faster C. fastest D. the fastest
13. I think steamed bread is ____________ hamburger.
A. more delicious than B. most delicious than
C. more delicious to D. most delicious to
14. ---What are you going to do this afternoon?
----__________. I?m free.
A. To do my homework B. To clean my house
C. To do some shopping D. Nothing much
15. ---May I speak to Jack?
---____________. Who?s that?
A. I?m Jack B. That is Jack
C.This is Jack speaking D. I?m Jack speaking
16. ----Why not _________ and see the play? ---Good idea.
A.go B. going C. to go D. goes
17. It?s cold outside. Please keep the door_________.
A. close B. closing C. closes D. closed
18. My home is about two hundred metres_____our school.
A. from B. far from C. away D. to
19. There are some apple trees ________her house.
A. in the front of B. at the back of
C. in the middle of D. at the front of
20. Which floor do you ________?
A. live B. live on C. live at D. live in
The Xingqing Palace Park（兴庆宫公园）is __1___ park in Xi?an.__2__ Saturdays or Sundays, children like ___3___ there __4___ their parents. There they can play games. There is a lake and a hill in the park. Today is Sunday. Many children are playing in the park. Look! Some children __5___ on the lake. They are good __6___ it. Is the boat ___7___ a chicken? No. It looks like a duck. Some boys are playing __8___ football on the grass(草地)。A few boys __9___the hill over there. All the children are having a good time. They think playing in the park is___10___ than having classes at school.
1.A. bigger B. the biggest C. smaller D. the smaller
2.A. In B. On C. At D. With
3.A. walking B. going C. running D.flying
4.A. with B. for C. on D. in
5.A. is swimming B. is boating C. are running D. are boating
6.A. In B. with C. from D. at
7.A. look B. likes C. looks D. like
8.A. a B. / C. an D. the
9.A. are running B. are walking C. are climbing D. are jumping
10.A. little better B. much better C. many better D. the best
Mark Twain is traveling to Dijon by train. He wants to sleep very much, so he asks the conductor(服务员)to wake him up when the train gets to Dijon. The he goes to sleep. Later, when wakes up, it is early the next morning and the train has got to Paris. He knows at once that the conductor doesn?t wake him up at Dijon. He is very angry. He runs up to the conductor and says, “Why didn?t you wake me up and put me off the train at Dijon? I am very angry about it!”
The conductor smiles and looks at him, “Another American is mo
re angry than you. But you can?t see him now. I put him off the train at Dijon last night.”
1． Mark twain asks the conductor to wake him up in Paris.
2． The train got to Dijon at night.
3． Mark Twain was very angry with the conductor.
4． The conductor made a mistake（错误）. He put another American off the train at Dijon.
5． Mark Twain can?t see that American because the American doesn?t like him.
The worst tourist in the world is Nicholas Scotti of San Francisco . Once he flew from the US to his home town in Italy to see someone at home. The plane made a
one-hour stop to get oil at Kennedy Airport of New York. As he thought he had arrived home, Mr Scotti got off the plane. He thought he was in Rome .
When nobody was there to meet him, Mr Scotti thought maybe they were held up by heavy traffic. While looking for their addresses, Mr Scotti found that the old "Rome" had changed a lot. Many old buildings were replaced by high modern ones.
He also found that many people spoke English instead of Italian and that many street signs were written in English.
Mr Scotti knew very little English, so he asked a policeman(in Italian) the way to the bus station. He happened to meet a policeman who was also born in Italy and answered him in the same language.
After twelve hours' traveling round on a bus, the driver handed him over to a second policeman. He asked the policeman why the Rome police employed so many people as policemen speaking English of Italian.
To get him on a plane back to San Francisco, He was sent to the airport in a
police car with sirens(警报) on. "Look," said Scotti to his interpreter , "I know I'm in Italy. That's how they drive."
1. When Mr Scotti arrived at the airport, nobody met him because ____________.
A. he was in New York
B. he was in Rome
C. policemen could help him
D. he was in an Italian city
2. In what direction (方向) did the plane fly when Mr Scotti went to Italy from the US?
A. To the east.
B. To the south.
C. To the west
D. To the north.
3. Why was Mr Scotti so sure that he was in Rome?
A. Because he traveled a lot.
B. Because he knew little about the US.
C. Because he knew little about Italy.
D. Because he didn't travel much.
4. At last Mr Scotti _________.
A. knew he did something wrong
B. still thought he was
C. knew he was wrong
D. knew he was home
5. Do you think many people do the same thing as Mr Scotti did?
A. Nobody but Mr Scotti made this kind of mistake.
B. Many people make this kind of mistake.
C. Few people make this kind of mistake.
D. 50% of people will make the same mistake.
My wife and I stayed in London for a few weeks last year. We went there in the autumn. We think it is the best season to visit England. The weather is usually quite good and there are not too many visitors in October.
We stayed in a small restaurant in the West End. We did most of our sightseeing on foot. We went to look at all the places. We went shopping and spent too much money. We liked going to the theatre . We don't have the chance to see such
good plays (戏剧) at home. A lot of people say English food is very bad. We didn't think so. Most of the restaurants are French or Chinese, but we had some very good meals.
We enjoyed our holiday very much. We want to go there again this year. We are going to take our umbrellas . I'm sure we'll need them sometimes.
1. “We went shopping and spent too much money” means _________.
A. they didn't enjoy shopping and spent too much money
B. prices were high in England
C. there were so many good things in the shops and they bought a lot
D. they liked to go shopping with lots of money
2. They didn't have the chance to see such good plays_________.
A. in their small restaurant B. in their home town
C. in France D. in England
3. You can get _______ in a restaurant.
A. meals B. clothes C. books D. cakes
4. I'm sure we'll need umbrellas sometimes because__________.
A. umbrellas can be very good presents for their friends in London
B. it often rains in London
C. the English people like to bring umbrellas with them
D. the English people protect (保护) themselves with umbrella
5. The two visitors came from________.
A. England B. France
C. America D. a country we don't know
1. Yesterday afternoon Miss Li came here _________ (向你道歉).
2. I did everything ___________ (他要求我做的).
3. We saw the old scientist ____________ (在花园里散步) just now.
4. My grandpa has ___________ (好记忆). He can remember many things.
5. Do you know who _______ (发明了机器人)？
6. I find ____________ (记住这些单词很难).
7. I enjoy ____________ (吃大肉).
8. Don?t stand ___________ (一直). Please give me a hand.
9. Wang Zheng __________ (出身在)a worker?s family.
10. ________________ (祝你们好运), all the boys.
1. give a concert
2. fall down
3. go on
4. at the end of
5. go back
6. in ahurry
7. write down
8. come out
9. all the year round
10. later on
11. at times
12. ring sb. up
13. Happy New Year!
14. have a party
15. hold on
16. hear from
17. be ready
18. at the moment
19. take out
20.the same as
21. turn over
23. put on
24. take a seat
25. wait for
26. get lost
27. just then
28. first of all
29. go wrong
30. make a noise
31. get on
32. get off
33. stand in line
34. at the head of
35. laugh at
36. throw about
37. in fact
38. at midnight
39. enjoy oneself
40. have a headache
41. have a cough
42. fall asleep
43. again and again
44. look over
45. take exercise II. 重要句型
1. be good for sth.
2. I think …
3. I hope…
4. I love…
5. I don?t like…
6. I?m sure…
7. forget to do sth.
8. take a message for sb.
9. give sb. the message
10. help yourself to sth.
11. be famous for sth.
12. on one?s way to…
13. make one?s way to…
14. quarrel with sb.
15. agree with sb.
16. stop sb. from doing sth. III. 交际用语
1.What?s the weather like today?
2.It?s cold, but quite suuny.
3.How cold it is today!
4.Yes, but it?ll be warmer later on.
5.Shall we make a snowman?
6.Ok. Come on!
7.Happy New Year!
8.May I speak to Ann, please?？
9.Hold on, please.
10.Thanks a lot for inviting me to your party.
11.Ok. But I?m afraid I may be a little late.
12.Can I take a message for you?
13.That?s OK. It doesn?t matter.
14.I?m very sorry, but I can?t come.
15.I?m sorry to hear that.
17.Would you like ...? Would you like to ...?
think ...? Yes, I think so. / No, I don't think so.
19.Do you agree? Yes, I agree. / No, don't really agree. I really can't agree.
20.There are a few / a lot of ... / on it.
21.So do we.
22.I'm happy you like it.
23.Which is the way to ..., please?
24.Turn right/left at the ... crossing.
25.Go on until you reach ...
26.How can I get to ...? Go down/up/along this road.
27.What's the matter?
28.It'll take you half an hour to ...
29.We'd better catch a bus.
30.It may be in ... Ah, so it is
31.You must be more careful!
32.You mustn't cross the road now.
33.If you want to cross a street, you must wait for the green light.
34.Please stand in line.
35.You must wait for your turn.
36.If you don't go soon, you'll be late.
37.I don't feel very well.
38.My head hurts.
39.You mustn't eat anything until you see the doctor.
40.What's the trouble?
41.What's the matter with…?
42.She didn't feel like eating anything.
44.Have/get a pain in…
46.Take this medicine three times a day.
6. 情态动词can, may和must, have to的用法；
1. above/ over/ on
There is a book on the desk.课桌上有一本书。
I raise my right hand above my head. 我把右手高举过头。
There is a stone bridge over the river. 河面上有座石桥。
2. forget to do sth./forget doing sth.
forget to do sth.意思是“忘记做某事”，实际上还没做；forget doing sth,意思是“忘记做过某事”，实际上已经做过了。试比较：
I forgot to tell him the news.我忘记告诉他这条消息了。
I forgot telling him the news.我已经把这条消息告诉他了，我却忘了。
(1)wish可以用来表示不可实现的愿望；hope只能用来表示可能实现的愿望。例如： I wish I were 20 years younger.我但愿自己能年轻二十岁。
I hope you?ll be better soon. 我希望你能很快好起来。
I wish the weather wasn?t so cold. 但愿天气不这麽冷。
I hope he will come, too. 我希望他也能来。
(2)wish可以接sb. to do sth. 的结构，而hope不可以。例如：
Do you wish me to come back later? 你是否希望我再来？
4. be sure to do sth./ be sure of/about sb. or sth.
(1)be sure to do sth.可以用来表示说话人给对方提出要求，意思是“务必”，也可以用来表示说话人做出的推断，意思是“一定”，“肯定”。例如：
Be sure to lock the door when you leave.你离开时务必把门锁好。
It?s a good film. You are sure to enjoy it.这是一部好电影，你肯定会喜欢的。
(2)be sure of/about sb.or sth. 可用来表示“某人对某事有把握”。例如： I?m sure of his success.我相信他会成功。
I think it was three years ago, but I?m not sure about it.我想那是三年前的事情，但我没有把握。
5. hear from/hear of
I?ve heard from Xiao Wu that we?ll start out military training tomorrow.
Listen to the tape and write out what you hear from Han Mei.
hear from还有一个意思是“收到某人的来信”（=receive a letter from sb.）。例如： I heard from my pen friend in the U.S.A. last month.
I heard from her last week. 我上周接到了她的来信。
hear of和和hear from含义不同。hear of 意思是“听说”，“得知”（某事或某人的存在），常用在疑问句和否定句里。例如：
Who is he? I?ve never heard of him.他是谁？我从来没有听说过他。
I never heard of such a thing! 这样的事我从来没有听说过。
6. It?s a pleasure./With pleasure.
It?s a pleasure这句话常用作别人向你表示致谢时的答语，意思是“那是我乐意做的”。例如：
---Thank you for helping me. 谢谢你地帮助。
---It?s a pleasure. 那是我乐意做的。
---Thanks a lot. Bye.非常感谢。 再见。
---It?s a pleasure. 那是我乐意做的。再见。
类似的话还有 “Not at all.” “You are welcome.” “That?s all right.”
---Will you please pass me the newspaper, please?
(1)二者都可以作“看起来”讲，但seem暗示凭借一些迹象作出的有根据的判断，这种判断往往接近事实；look着重强调由视觉得出的印象。两者都可跟(to be)+形容词和as if从句。如：
He seems / looks (to be) very happy today. 他今天看起来很高兴。
It looks (seems) as if it it is going to rain. 好像要下雨了。
He seems to know the answer. 他似乎知道答案。
2)在It seems that ...结构中。如：
It seems that he is happier now than yesterday.他像比昨天高兴些了。
8. be ready to do/be ready for/ get ready to do/get ready for
(1)be ready to do和be ready for…表示“已作好…的准备”，强调状态
(2)get ready to do和get ready for…表示“为…做准备”，强调行为。如：
I'm ready to do anything you want me to do. 我愿意/随时准备做一切做你要我做的事。
I'm ready for any questions you may ask.我愿意/随时准备回答你可能问的问题。 He's getting ready to leave for Tokyo.他正准备动身去东京。
Let's get ready for the hard moment.我们为这一艰难时刻作好准备吧。
(3)be ready to do 通常可理解“乐于做某事”，即思想上总是有做某事的准备。be not ready to do表示
He's usually not ready to listen to others.他通常不轻易听从别人。
9. at table/at the table
at table在吃饭，at the table在桌子旁边。例如：
The Greens are at table. 格林一家人在吃饭。
Mr. Black is sitting at the table and reading a book.布莱克先生坐在桌旁读书。
10. reach, arrive/get to
三者都有"到达"之意。reach是及物动词，后直接加名词，get和arrive是不及物动词，不能直接加名词，须借助于介词。get to后加名词地点，若跟副词地点时，to去掉；arrive at +小地方，arrive in+大地方。如：
Lucy got to the zoo before 8 o'clock. 露西8点前到了动物园。
When did your parents arrive in Shanghai? 你父母何时到上海的？
It was late when I got home. 我到家时天色已晚。
二者都是形容词。当“生病的，患病“之意时，ill只作表语，不作定语；而sick既可作表语也可作定语。sick有"呕吐，恶心"的意思，只能作表语，而ill无此意。如： Li Lei was ill last week. (只作表语)李磊上周生病了。
He's a sick man. （作定语）他是病人。不能说成：He's an ill man.
My grandfather was sick for a month last year. （作表语）我祖父去年病了一个 月。
12. in time/on time
in time是"及时"的意思，on time是"准时，按时"。如：
I didn't get to the bus stop in time. 我没有及时赶上汽车。
We'll finish our job on time. 我们要按时完成任务。
13. may be/maybe
It may be in your inside pocket. = Maybe it is in your inside pocket. 也许在你里边的口袋里。第一句中may be是情态动词+be 动词构成的谓语部分，意思是"也许是"，"可能是"；第二句中的maybe是副词，意思是"可能"，常位于句首，不能位于句中，相当于另一副词perhaps。再如：
Maybe you put it in that bag.也许你放在了那只包里。（不能说You maybe put it in that bag.）
It may be a hat.那可能是顶帽子。（不能说It maybe a hat. 或It maybe is a hat.）
14. noise/ voice/ sound
Don't make so much noise! 别那么大声喧哗！
I didn't recognize John's voice on the telephone. 在电话里我听不出约翰的声
He spoke in a low voice. 他低声说话。
We heard a strange sound. 我们听到了一种奇怪的声音。
Sound travels fast, but light travels faster. 声音传得快，但是光传得更快。
6. 情态动词can, may和must, have to的用法；
---Do you know if we will go to the cinema tomorrow?
---I think we?ll go if we ________ too much homework.
A. will have B. had C. won?t have D. don?t have
You have been to Tibet, _________? I was told that the snow-covered mountains were very beautiful.
A. have you B. haven?t you C. don?t you
look at that Japanese sumoist(相扑手).
A. How a fat man B. What a fat man
C. How fat man D. What fat man
【解析】答案：B。该题考查的是感叹句的构成。这个感叹句省略了主谓部分，只保留了感叹部分。如果以What开头，就应该是What a fat man! 如果是How开头，就应该是How fat!
---Thanks for your help.
A. It doesn?t matter B. Don?t thank me
C. You?re welcome D. That?s right
【解析】答案：C。该题考查的是日常交际用语。回答别人的道谢通常用“That?s all right.”或”You?re welcome.”
1. Don?t forget _________your book here tomorrow.
A. to take B. to bring C. taking D. bringing
2. Mrs Brown went to the cinema, ______she?
A. didn?t B. doesn?t C. wasn?t D. isn?t
3. It was half past four. Everything _______ready.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
4. ---Happy New Year!
A. The same to you B. I?m glad to hear that
C. I?m very happy D. Thank you. It?s very kind of you.
5. I got up late yesterday. There _________no time to have breakfast.
A. has B. had C. was D. is
6. Thank you for ______me to your party.
A. invite B. inviting C. to invite D. invited
7. ---I?m sorry I took your pen by mistake yesterday.
A. All right B. That?s right C. Right D. That?s all right
8. ---Thank you for showing me the way!
A. The same to you B. It doesn?t matter
C. It?s a pleasure D. That?s right
9. ---Could I use your computer for a moment?
A. Sure B. Really C. Right D. It doesn?t matter
10. ---I just lost my bike.
A. I wish you to buy a new one
B. You?d better buy a new one
C. I?m sorry to hear that
D. It?s always nice to ride a new one
1.What?s the matter with your mother?
A.problem B. question C. message D. wrong
2.---Thank you very much.
---It?s a pleasure.
A. I?m very glad. B. That?s right.
C. It doesn?t matter D. Not at all
3.What is he doing at the moment?
A.now B. a moment ago C. late D later on
4.Did you have a good time at the party?
A.stay long B. sing and dance C. enjoy yourself D. eat enough
5.---May I speak to John, please?
A.Sure. B. I think so. C. I?d love to D. That?s all right.
6.---Could I speak to Jim, please?
---Sorry，he isn?t in.
A.is at home B. is not at work C. is out D. is free
7.There is nothing but an old table in the room.
A. many B. some
C. any D. only
8.What?s the weather like?
A. When B. Where C. why D. How
9.Please let me look at your photo.
A.give me B. pass me C. bring me D. show me
10.Please ask him to ring me up when he comes back.
A. see B. help C. call D. thank
When I __1__ in London last year, it had one of the thickest fogs(雾) in years. You could __2____ see your hand in __3___ of your face. When evening fell, it became even __4___ . All traffic __5___ to a stop. I decided to walk.
A few minutes __6___ , I couldn?t find my__7___ . Then I saw a young man and asked him to help me. He agreed. As I was following him __8__ the streets, he told me, “I know this part of London quite well. And the thick fog ___9__ to me. You see, I?m __10___ .”
1.A. is B. was C. am D. are
2. A. easily B. hard C. hardly D. even
3. A. front B. the front C. back D. the back
4. A. bad B. worse C. good D. better
5.A. began B. started C. went D came
6.A. late B. later C. early D. earlier
7.A. road B. way C. street D. home
8.A. along B. in C. through D. by
9.A. is not good B. does good
C. is nothing D. has something
10.A. strong B. week C. blind D. clever
John was a very famous pianist. When he was a small boy, he once played at a party at the home of a rich man. He was only eight years old. But he had played for several years. At the party he played a famous piece by Beethoven (贝多芬). He played wonderfully.
The famous piece has in it several very long rests. In each of these rests he took his hands from the piano and waited. To him this was very exciting. But it seemed that the mother of the rich man thought differently. Finally during one of these rests she came over to him. She touched him on the head with a smile and said, “My boy, why
don?t you play us what you know well?”
1.John once played the piano at a party when he was only a little boy.
2.John began to play the piano at the age of eight.
3.In each of the rests John took his hands from the piano because he felt tired.
4.The rich man?s mother did not think John played the piece well.
5.I n fact the mother of the rich man knew the piece well.
One day, we had an English class. The teacher saw a boy reading a picture book and said, “Tom, what do you usually do after lunch?” Tom nervously(紧张地)got up from his seat, but he did not know what to answer. He thought for some time and then said, “Wait for supper.”
The teacher was displeased and just at that moment, he saw another boy asleep. The teacher was getting
little angry now, but he was trying not to show it. Then he asked, “And you, Joke?” As Joke was asleep, of course, he could not hear what the teacher had said. His deskmate(同桌) woke him up. Joke stood up quickly and answered in a loud voice, “So do I”.
1.This story happened____________.
A. in the teacher?s office B. after lunch
C. in class D. a home
2.Tom?s answer made the teacher __________.
A. angry B. displeased C. surprising D. laughing
3.The teacher asked Joke ________.
A.what he wanted to do after class
B.what he did in class
C.the same question as he asked Tom
D.to help Tom
4.Joke?s answer meant that_______.
A.he knew what to do and what not to do after lunch
B.he did the same thing as Tom did
C.he read a picture-book
D.he did many things after lunch
5.From the above story we can see that ________.
A. Joke did not know what question the teacher had asked
B.Tom did well in his lessons
C.Joke was good at his lessons
D.Tom and Joke worked hard at their lessons
Mrs Black, the wife of a rich business man, invited some of her friends to have lunch. She wanted to try a new way of cooking a fish, and she was very pleased with
herself when the dish was ready. As the dish was very hot, she put it near the open
window to cool for a few minutes. But, five minutes later, when she came back for it,
she was shocked(震惊)to find the neighbour?s cat at the dish. She was in time to stop
the car. That afternoon was successful and everyone enjoyed the dish very much. They talked and laughed till four o?clock.
At the end of the afternoon, when she was alone again, Mrs Black felt tired and happy. She was in a chair just near the window. She looked out of the window and
shocked to see the neighbour?s cat dead in her garden. Why, the fish dish must be bad!
What would happen to her friends? She at once telephoned the family doctor for advice. The doctor told her to telephone each of the visitors to meet him at the hospital as soon as he could. Finally the danger was over. Once again Mrs Black was
alone in her chair in the sitting-room, still tired but no longer happy. Just then the telephone rang. It was her neighbour. “Oh, Mrs Black,” her neighbour cried, “My cat
is dead. She was killed by someone in a car and put it in your garden.”
1.Mrs Black invited _______to lunch.
A. Mr Black?s friends B. her neighbour
C. her parents D. some of her friends
2.Why was Mrs Black not happy after she had a good party?
A.She was sad about the dead cat.
B.She found her fish dish was bad.
C.She never thought that she would have so much trouble.
D.She felt tired after she had a busy day.
A.stopped the cat before it began to eat the fish
B.was too late to stop the cat in time
C.stopped the cat before it ate the fish up
D.stopped the cat but it was too late
4.Why was Mrs Black so shocked to see the cat dead in her garden?
A.She liked the cat very much.
B.She worried about her friends.
C.She was sure that her fish was bad.
D.She didn?t know how the cat died.
A.Mrs Black found that all her friends were all right
B.a visitor told her that the cat was killed by someone in a car
C.Mrs Black felt happy as all her friends were safe
D.Mrs Black met all her friends at the hospital
The radio says the rain____ ____ ____ ____today.
I don?t like winter, _____it?s ____ _____.
Xi?an is ______the ______of China.
_____ _____ bread it is!
The temperature will _____ ____ _____ in the daytime tomorrow.
1.What a hot day today!
_____ _____ it is today!
2. Most of North and South China will have a cold wet day .
____ will be cold and wet _____ most of North and South China.
3. The radio says it will be cloudy sometimes.
The radio says it will be cloudy ____ ____.
4. The snow will be heavy in some places.
It _____ _____ _____ in some places.
5. Shall we go out for a walk?
_____ _____ going out for a walk?
1. on time
2. out of
3. all by oneself
4. lots of
5. no longer
6. get back
7. sooner or later
8. run away
9. eat up
10. take care of
11. turn off
12. turn on
13. after a while
14. make faces
15. teach oneself
16. fall off
17. play the piano
18. knock at
19. to one's surprise
20. look up
21. enjoy oneself
22. help yourself
23. tell a story / stories
24. leave....behind ……
25. come along
26. hold a sports meeting
27. be neck and neck
28. as ... as
29. not so / as ... as
30. do one's best
31. take part in
32. a moment late
33. Bad luck!
34. fall behind
35. high jump
36. long jump
37. relay race
38. well done!
39. take off
40. as usual
41. a pair of
42. at once
43. hurry off
44. come to oneself
45. after a while
46. knock on
47. take care of
48. at the moment
49. set off
50. here and there
51. on watch
52. look out
53. take one?s place II. 重要句型
1. We?d better not do sth.
2. leave one. oneself
3. find one?s way to a place
4. stand on one?s head
5. make sb. Happy
6. catch up with sb.
7. pass on sth. to somebody
8. spend time doing sth.
9. go on doing sth.
10. get on well with sb.
11. be angry with sb.
12. be fed up with sth.
14. make room for sb.
1. We?re all by ourselves.
2. I fell a little afraid.
3. Don?t be afraid.
5. Can?t you hear anything?
6. I can?t hear anything / anybody there.
7. Maybe it?s a tiger.
8. Let?s get it back before they eat the food.
9. Did she learn all by herself?
10. Could she swim when she was …years old?
11. She didn?t hurt herself.
12. He couldn?t buy himself many nice things.
13. Did he enjoy himself?
14. Help yourselves.
15. Bad luck!
16. Come on!
17. Well done! Congratulations (to…)!
18. It must be very interesting.
19. I don?t think you?ll like it.
20. It seems to be an interesting book.
21. I?m sure (that)… I?m not sure if… I?m not sure what to…
22. I hope so.
23. What was he/she drawing when…?
24. I?m sorry to trouble you.
25. Would you please…?
26. What were you doing at ten o?clock yesterday morning?
27. You look tired today.
28. You?d better go to bed early tonight, if you can.
29. How kind!
30. Let?s move the bag, or it may cause an accident.
31. It?s really nice of you.
32. Don?t mention it.
33. Don?t crowd around him.
Bring me the book, please. 把那本书给我拿来。
Take some food to the old man. 给那位老人带去些食物。
2. somebody/ anybody/nobody
Somebody came to see you when you were out. 你出来时有人来见你。 Does anybody live on this island? 有人在这岛上住吗？
I didn't see anybody there. 我在那儿谁也没看见。
Don't let anybody in. I'm too busy to see anybody. 别让任何人进来。我太忙，谁也不想见。
There is nobody in the room. 房间里没人。
Nobody told me that you were ill, so I didn't know about it . 谁也没告诉我你病了。所以我不知道。
3. listen, listen to, hear
Listen! Someone is singing in the classroom. 听！有人在教室唱歌。
(2)listen to 为listen的及物形式，后面一定要接人或物做宾语，这里的to是介词。如：
Do you like listening to light music?你喜欢听轻音乐吗？
We hear with our ears.我们用耳朵听。
She listens but hears nothing.她听了听，但是什么也没有听见。
4. many/ much/ a few/ a little/ few/ little
He has many books.他有许多书。
He drank much milk.他喝了许多牛奶。
(2)a few和a little都表示"有一点儿"，侧重于肯定，相当于"some"，但a few修 饰可数名词，a little修饰不可数名词，例如：
He has a few friends in London.他在伦敦有一些朋友。
Would you like some coffee? Yes, just a little.喝点咖啡好吗？好的，只要一点。
He is a strange man. He has few words.他是个怪人，他几乎不说什么话。 Hurry up, there is little time left.赶快，没什么时间了。
5. either/ neither/ both
either可作形容词，一般指"两者中的任何一个"。有时也可表示"两个都……"的意思，后跟名词的单数形式；neither: 指两者中没有一个，全否定；both: 指两者都，肯定。句中可作主语、宾语和定语，both后面应跟名词的复数形式。如： Neither of the films is good.两部电影都不好。（没有一部是好的）
Either of the films is good. 两部电影都不错。（谓语动词用单数）
Both the teachers often answer the questions.这两个老师都常常解答问题。
6. take part in/join
take part in参加某种活动; join参加，加入某一政党或组织。例如：
Can you take part in my party.你能来参加我的派对吗？
We often take part in many school activities.我们经常参加学校里的一些活动。 He joined the party in 1963. 他1963年入的党。
My little brother joined the army last year. 我小弟去年参的军。
7. quite/ rather/ very
She is quite right.她对极了。
That's not quite what I want . 那并不完全是我所要的。
(2)rather 表示程度上的“相当”，比预想地程度要大，通常用在不喜欢的情况下。如：It's rather cold today.今天的天气相当冷。
(3)very表示程度“很，甚，极其，非常”，用于修饰形容词或副词，既可用在喜欢的情况下，也可用于不喜欢的情况下。应注意“a very +形容词+可数名词的单数”结构中，"a"应置于"very"之前，该结构相当“quite a/an +形容词+名词”的结构。如： Two months is quite a long time. / a very long time. 两个月是一段很长的时间。 It's a very nice day / quite a nice day. 今天天气很好。
---I called you yesterday evening, but there was no answer.
---Oh, I am sorry I ___________ dinner at my friend?s home.
A. have B. had C. was having D. have had
---Which is _________, the sun, the moon or the earth?
---Of course the moon is.
A. small B. smaller C. smallest D. the smallest
Bob never does his homework _________ Mary. He makes lots of mistakes.
A. so careful as B. as carefully as C. carefully as D. as careful as
【解析】答案：B。该提考查的是形容词和副词的用法区别。空白处所缺的词是修饰动词短语does his homework的，应该用副词。另外，表示“某人做事不如某人细心”应用“not as carefully as”这样的结构。
---I like riding fast. It?s very exciting.
---Oh! You mustn?t do it like that, ________ it may have an accident.
A. and B. or C. so D. but
1. Who jumps ________ in your class?
A. far B. farther C. farthest D. longer
2. ---I made the cake by ________. Help __________, Tom.
A. ourselves; yourself B. myself; yourself
C. myself; yourselves D. ourselves; yourselves
3. There ________ a football game on TV this afternoon.
A. is going to have B. will be
C. is going to play D. will play
4. Wu Dong was _______ tired that he couldn't keep his eyes_________.
A. too, open B. so, closed C. too, closed D. so, open
5. Can you hear __________?
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. somebody
6. The students stop __________ when the teacher came in.
A. to talk B. talking C. talked D. talk
7. I told him ________ story.
A. the whole B. the all C. whole the D. all
8. Please _________ early tomorrow, mum.
A. wake up me B. wakes me up
C. wake me up D. will wake me up
9. He will go to the Great Wall if it __________ tomorrow.
A. won't rain B. doesn't rain C. don't rain D. isn't raining
10. Can you tell us _________?
A. where have you gone B. where you have gone
C. where have you been D. where you have been
11. Li Lei, sit down, please. I'll ________ you some tea.
A. take B. to bring C. get D. give
12. Don't forget to _________ your dictionary here tomorrow.
A. take B. bring C. carry D. borrow
13. He couldn't wash ________ when he was five years old.
A. his B. him C. himself D. herself
14. Why did you leave your daughter at home all by ________.
A. yourself B. himself C. herself D. myself
15. I bought my son a bike, _________ he like it a lot.
A. and B. but C. or D. at
16. _______ , Li Lei was far behind the others at first.
A. At the 800-metre race B. In the 800-metres race
C. In the 800-metre rece D. At the 800-metres race
17. My parents are teachers. They _________ teach English.
A. Both B. all C. both D. a
18. Kate is an __________ girl.
A. eight-year-old B. eight-years-old
C. six-year-old D. six-years-old
19. Who jumped _________ of all in the long jump?
A. longest B. longer C. farther D. farthest
20. The runner fell, but he quickly got up and _______.
A. went on running B. went on to run
C. went on run D. went on ran
Mr Smith left his car 1 his house one night, but when he came down the nest_2 to go to his office, he found the car 3 there. He called the police and told them the 4 . And they said they must 5 him to find the car.
6 Mr Smith came home from his office that evening, the car was back again in its usual (通常的) place 7 his house, He examined (检察) it carefully to see if (是否) it was damaged (损坏), and found 8 theatre (剧院) tickets on one of the seats (座位) and a letter, It said, “We feel very 9 . We took your car because we had an mergency (急诊).”
Mr and Mrs Smith went to the theatre with the two tickets the next night and 10 themselves very much.
When they got home, they found thieves (贼) took away everything in their house.
1. A inside B. outside C. from D. under
2. A. evening B. morning C. afternoon D. night
3. A. wasn't B. was C. left D. went
4. A. wrong B. matter C. thing D. idea
5. A. made B. let C. help D. ask
6. A. If B. Because C. When D. Before
7. A. in the front of B. in front of
C. on the front of D. on front of
8. A. many B. no C. two D. one
9. A. sorry B. afraid C. happy D. sad
10. A. helped B. taught C. hurt D. enjoyed
Do you live in a city? Do you know how cities begin? Long ago, the world had only a few thousand people. These people moved from place to place. They moved over the land, hunting (打猎) animals for food.
No one knows how or where these people learned about growing food. But when they did, their lives (生活) changed. They didn't have to look for food any more. They could stay in one place and grow it.
People began to live near one another. And so the first villages grew. Many people came to work in the village. These villages grew very big. When machines came along (出现), life in the villages changed again.
Factories were built (建立). More and more people lived near the factories. The cities grew very big.
Today, some people are moving back to small towns. Can you tell why? 根据短文内容判断正误：正确的答“A”，错误的答“B”。
1. Long ago, a few people could stay in one place, hunting animals for food.
2. When these people learned to grow food, their lives changed.
3. Factories were built after the cities grew big.
4. Today, some people don't live to live in big cities.
5. Everyone knows how and where cities began.
Almost everyone likes dogs, and almost everyone likes to read stories about dogs. I have a friend. He has a large police dog named Jack. Police dogs are very clever. Every Sunday afternoon my friend takes Jack for a long walk in the park. Jack like these long walks very much.
One Sunday afternoon a young man came to visit my friend. He stayed a long time. He talked and talked. Soon it was time for my friend to take Jack for his walk. But the visitor still stayed. Jack became very worried. He walked around the room several times and then sat down in front of the visitor and looked at him. But the visitor paid not attention. He went on talking. Finally Jack got angry. He went out of the room and came back a few minutes later. He sat down again in front of the visitor, but this time he took the visitor's cap in his mouth.
1. The young visitor stayed a long time, didn't he? __________.
A. Yes, he did
B. Yes, he didn't
C. No, He didn't
D. No, he did.
2. Jack became very worried because ____________.
A. he wanted to have something to eat
B. he wanted to play with him
C. he wanted to go out
D. he didn't know the young man
3. Jack sat down in front of the visitor because _____________.
A. he wanted to join the talk
B. he wanted the visitor to leave
C. he wanted the visitor to talk with him
D. he wanted to show the visitor how clever he was
4. The visitor went on talking and ________________.
A. he didn't like Jack
B. he paid no attention to Jack
C. he paid no attention to his cap
D. he didn't care that his cap was his cap was taken away by Jack
5. Jack went out of the room with nothing, but came back with ________ in his mouth.
C. the visitor's cap
D. the visitor's shoe
Mr White and his wife wanted to paint(油漆) the outside of their house. To save(节省) money they wanted to do it themselves. On Saturday morning they bought some paint and two brushes(刷子). They began that afternoon with the back ol the house. The next Saturday Mr White went to a football match(比赛) but his wife painted the front of the house. On Sunday they found they couldn't open any of the front windows. They got them all open in the end. But they broke three of the seven. They were very dear to mend. Next time when they want to save money they?ll certainly ask somebody to do the work.
l. Mr White wanted to paint ___________________ .
A. the front of the house B. the back of the house
C. the front windows D. the outside of the house
2. They wanted to do the work themselves because_________________ .
A. the windows were very easy to break
B. the windows were very hard to open
C. nobody could do this work well
D. they didn't want to give more money
3. The work lasted for about ___________________.
A. two days B. less than a week
C. three days D. more than a week
4. They have to ask somebody to mend the ________________ windows.
A. three B. four C . five D. seven
5. Next time they will ask somebody to work for them because
A. they want to go to football matches
B. it is no longer an interesting thing for them
C. they have no more paint and brushes
D. they really want to save some money
A. catch up with F. a moment later
B. fell behind G. passin
g …on to
C. getting ready to H. At the same time
D. dropped I. neck and neck
E. On the first lap J. won
1._________________ the boys and the girls passed the ball to each other.
2.The teacher shouted to the runners_______________, “Come on! Come on!”
3.The Class 4 runner fell and ___________________the others.
4.The monkey is ___________the hat _____________the other small monkeys.
5.What are they doing ? They?re _______________do some cleaning.
6.The runner from Class 2 _____________his slick .Bad luck.
7.LingFeng and Jim were __________________at first.
8.____________________ the students ran very fast, but on the second lap they were too tired to ran farther.
9.Look! The short girl from Class 3 is beginning to ______________the girls in front.
10.At last Class One ____________________the boys? relay race.
English is _____________ in our class.
Please __________ to the office.
We should _____________ comrade Lei Feng.
She _________ see a film.
5．莉莉于1987年6月29日出生在上海。 Lily _______________.
I _________ to see you.
She seems __________sell.
He also likes to __________ his younger sister.
It is hard for me to _________ the problem.
_______________ he got the first prize?
1. at the moment
2. used to
3. for a while
4. walk away with sth.
5. leave for some place
6. sooner or later
7. pay for
8. come up with an idea
9. think of
10. have a try
11. all over the world
12. be famous for
13. large numbers of
14. all the year round
15. no matter what
16. give up
17. for example
18. by the way
19. on business
20. so far
21. come true
22. set off
23. slow down
24. go on doing
25. wait for
26. be proud of
27. be afraid of
28. speak highly of
29. a year and a half
30. half a year
31. pick up
32. as soon as
33. keep… clean
34. take care of
35. cut down
36. make a contribution to
37. base on
38. make sure
39. take away
40. begin with
41. right now
42. as soon as possible
43. leave a message
44. all kinds of things
45. walk around
46. fall asleep
47. wake up
48. go on a trip
49. have a good time
50. take photos
51. come out
52. come on
53. have a family meeting
54. talk about
55. go for a holiday 56 go scuba diving
57. write down
58. by oneself
59. walk along
60. get a chance to do sth
61. have a wonderful time
62. book a room
63. have an accident
64. be interested in
65. use sth. to do sth.
66. make a TV show
67. be amazed at
68. take part in
69. feed on
70. get out of
1. Why don?t you do sth.?
2. make sb. Happy
3. borrow sth. from sb.
4. forget to do sth.
5. pay fro sth.
6. return sth. To sb.
7. learn sth. from sb.
8. be famous for sth.
9. No matter what…
10. be with sb.
11. go on doing sth.
12. speak highly of sb.
13. keep doing sth.
14. allow sb. To do sth.
15. encourage sb. to do sth. 16. It is said that… III. 交际用语
1. --- Excuse me, have you got …?
--- Yes, I have. (Sorry, I haven?t.)
2. --- Why don?t you …?
--- Thanks, I will.
3. --- Thanks a lot. (Thank you very much.)
--- You are welcome.
4. --- Have you ever done…?
--- Yes, I have, once. (No, never.)
5. --- I?ve just done…
6. ---What?s …like ?
7. --- How long have you been…?
8. --- Have you ever been to…?
--- I?ve never been there. (None of us has./ Only …has. )
9. --- Would you like to have a try?
--- I don?t think I can…
10. --- What have you done since…?
11. --- How long have you been at this …?
12. --- How long has she/ he worked there…?
--- She?s / He?s worked there for… / all her / his life.
13. --- I?m sorry he isn?t here right now.
14. --- May I help you?
15. --- That?s very kind of you.
16. ---Could we go scuba diving?
17. --- Could you tell us how long we?re going to be away?
18. --- Let?s try to find some information about it, OK?
19. --- Could you please tell me how to search the Internet?
20. --- Go straight along here.
21. ---Please go to Gate 12.
22. --- Please come this way.
23. --- Could you tell me what you think about Hainan Island?
24. --- That sounds really cool!
1. Maybe/ may be
Maybe you put it in your bag.也许你把它放在包里了。
“Will he come tomorrow?”“Maybe not.” “他明天来吗？”“也许不”。
(2) may be相当于是情态动词may与be动词搭配一起作谓语，意思是“也许是…，可能是…”。
It may be 9:00 when they arrive.他们可能于九点到达。
The man may be a lawyer. 那人也许是律师。
2. borrow/ lend/ keep/ use
We often borrow books from our school library.我们经常从学校图书馆借书。 I borrowed this dictionary from my teacher. 我从老师那儿借来了这本字典。 borrow是一个瞬间完成的动作，因此不能与时间段连用。
You can borrow my recorder for three days. ( 错误 )
I have borrowed this book for only one week. ( 错误 )
(2) lend表示的是把自己的东西借给别人，即我们通常所说的“借出去”。 Thank you for lending me your bike.谢谢你把自行车借给我。
He often lends money to his brother.他经常借钱给他弟弟。
You can keep my recorder for three days.我的录音机你可以借用三天。 I have kept this book for only one week.这本书我才刚借了一星期。
May I use your ruler? 我能借你的尺子用一下吗？
He had to use this public telephone.他不得不使用这部公用电话。
3. leave/ leave for
We left Shanghai two years ago.我们两年前离开了上海。
He left his cell phone in the taxi last week.他上周把手机落在出租车里了。
(2) leave for意思是“前往”，表示要去的目的地。
We will leave for Tibet next month.我们将于下月去西藏。
The train is leaving for Moscow.这趟火车即将开往莫斯科。
4. since/ for
He has been a worker since he came into this city.
I have never seen him since we last met in Shanghai .
Since you are interested in it, just do it.&nb
You can have fun now since you?ve finished your work.
I have learned English for five years.我已经学了五年英语了。
They have waited for you for 30 minutes.他们已经等了你三十分钟了。 for也可以用作连词，但意思是“因为”。
They missed the flight for they were late.他们由于完到了而误了航班。 He fell ill for many reasons.他由于多种原因病倒了。
5. neither/ either/ both
Neither of the boys is from England.这两个男孩都不是来自英国。
I know neither of them. 他们两个我都不认识。
She neither ate nor drank yesterday. 她昨天既不吃也不喝。
Neither he nor we play football on Sundays. 他和我们星期天都不踢球。
Either of the books is new.这两本书任何一本都是新的.
She doesn?t like either of the films.这两部电影她都不喜欢.
Either school is near my home. (这两所学校中的)任何一所学校都离我家很近. Either question is difficult.两个问题(中的任何一个)都难.
Either he or I am right.不是他就是我是对的。
Either my sister or my parents are coming to see me.不是我姐姐就是我父母要来 看我。
(3) both作代词时，指的是所涉及到的“两者都”, 故作主语时,谓语动词用复数形式。 I like both of the stories.这两个故事我都喜欢。
Both of my parents are teachers.我父母两人都是老师。
Both his arms are hurt.他的两只胳膊都受伤了。
Both these students are good at English. 这两个学生都擅长英语。
both用作连词时，多与and搭配，表示“既…又, 不仅…而且”, 作主语时,谓语动词仍用复数形式。
Both piano and violin are my bobbies.钢琴和小提琴都是我的爱好。
They study both history and physics. 他们既学历史，又学物理。
6. find/look for/ find out
Jim couldn?t find his hat.吉姆找不着帽子了。
Have you found your lost keys? 你找到丢失的钥匙了吗？
He found the lights were on along the street.他发现沿街的灯都亮了
(2) look for的意思为“寻找”，指的是找的动作而非结果。另外，还有“盼望，期待”的意思。
She is looking for her son.她正在找她的儿子。
We?ve been looking for the car since early this morning.我们从今天一大早就开始找这辆车了。
I look for the coming holiday.我期待着即将来临的假期。
(3) find out含有经过观察、研究或探索而得知的意思，后常接较抽象的事物，意思是“找出，发现，查明（真相）”等。
I can find out who took my money away.我能查出谁拿了我的钱。
Could you find out when the plane arrives? 你能设法知道飞机何时到吗？
7. forget to do/ forget doing
(1) forget to do是指忘记去做某件事了，即该事还没有做。
Please don?t forget to call this afternoon.今天下午不要忘了给我打电话。 I forgot to take some small change with me.我身上忘了带零钱了。
(2) forget doing是指忘记某件已经做过的事情，即该事已经做了，但被忘记了。 He forgot telling me his address.他忘了告诉过我地址了。
They forgot having been here before.他们忘了以前曾来过这儿。
8. stop doing/ stop to do
(1) stop doing是指停止做某事，即doing这个动作不再继续。
They stopped debating.他们停止了辩论。（不辩论了）
He had to stop driving as the traffic lights changed in to red. 由于交通灯变成了红色，他不得不停车。
(2) stop to do是指停下来开始做另一件事，即停止原先的事，开始做do这个动作。 She stopped to have a rest.她停下来休息会儿。（开始休息）
They stopped to talk.他们停下来开始交谈。
9. except/ besides
Everyone is excited except me.
All the visitors are Japanese except him.
Twenty-five students went to the cinema besides him.
We like biology besides English.
He is a great thinker, and besides, he is a politician.
They encouraged me, and they supported me with money, besides.
10. keep doing/ keep on doing
(1) keep doing指的是连续地、坚持不断地做某事，中间不间断。
It kept blowing for a whole day.刮了一整天风了。
The temperature keeps dropping.温度持续下降。
(2) keep on doing是指反复坚持做某事，但动作之间略有间隔。
They have kept on writing to each other for many years.他们已经互相通信多年了。 After drinking some water, he kept on talking.喝了一些水后，他坚持讲话。
11. seem/ look
(1) seem一般着重于以客观迹象为依据，意思是“似乎、好象、看起来…”。 The baby seems to be happy.婴儿看上去似乎很高兴。
He seemed to be sorry for that.他似乎为那件事感到抱歉。
It seems to rain. 似乎要下雨了。
They seemed to have finished their work.他们似乎已经完成了工作。
It seems that he is quite busy now.他现在看起来很忙。
It seems to us that there is nothing serious.在我看来没什么大不了的。
The room looks clean.这间房看起来很干净。
The girl looks like her mother.那女孩看起来向她的妈妈。
12. such/ so
Don?t be such a fool.别这么傻。
He is such a clever boy.他是如此聪明的一个男孩。
He is so kind! 他真好心！
Why did you come so late? 你为何回来得如此晚？
当名词前有many, much, few, little等表示多、少时，应该用so。 He has so many friends.他有如此多的朋友。
Only so little time is left! 才剩这么一点儿时间！
13. either/ too/ also
She is not a Japanese, I?m not, either.她不是日本人，我也不是。 My sister doesn?t like this song, either.我妹妹也不喜欢这首歌。
He likes China, too.他也喜欢中国。
Are you in Grade 3, too? 你也在三年级吗？
We are also students.我们也是学生。
He also went there on foot.他也是走着去的。
Did you also want to have a look? 你也想看看吗？
14. if/ whether
We want to know whether you are ill or not. 我们想知道你是否生病了。 Please tell me whether or not you have finished your work.
Adam didn?t know whether to go or stay.亚当不知道是走还是留。
He hasn?t decided whether to have dinner with me.他还没决定是否和我共进晚 餐。
Whether it will rain or snow, we don?t mind. 我们不在乎将要刮风还是下雨。 Whether I won or lost, she didn?t want to know.我是赢是输她不想知道。
The most important was whether they had gone.最重要的是他们是不是已经 走了。
Whether he will go with me is a secret.他是否会和我一起去还是个秘密。 if能引导条件状语从句，表示“如果，假如”，而whether没有此用法。
We?ll have a football match if it doesn?t rain tomorrow.如果明天不下雨，我们 要进行足球赛。
I?ll tell him if I sees him.我看见他就告诉他。
If you?re in danger, please call 110.如果你遇到危险，请拨打110。
15. cost/ spend/ pay/ take
(1) cost一般用某物来做主语，表示“（某物）值…、花费…”，既能指花费时 间也能指金钱。
The new bike costs me 300 yuan.这辆新自行车花了我三百元。
It will cost you a whole to read through this book.通读这本书将会花费你整整 一周时间。
What?s the cost of this TV set? 这台电视机的成本是多少钱？
They succeeded at the cost of hard work.他们辛苦地工作换来的成功。
(2) spend一般用某人来作主语，表示“（某人）花费…，付出…”，也能指时间或金钱，指时间时常与 in搭配，指金钱时常与on或for搭配。
We spent two days in repairing this machine.我们花了两天时间修理这台机器。 Mr. Lee spends $20 on books every month.李先生每月花二十美元在书上。
They paid 70 yuan for the tickets.他们花了七十元买票。
He was too poor to pay for his schooling.他穷得交不起学费。
It?s hard for me to live with such low pay.我很难靠这么低的薪水生活下去。
(4)take也指“花费(时间、金钱)”，但通常用某事、某物做主语，或用形式主语it. How long will the meeting take? 会议要开多久？
It took me several hours to get there. 我花了几个小时才到那儿。
16. bad/ badly
I don?t think he is a bad person.我并不认为他是一个坏人。
I had a bad headache.我的头疼得很厉害。
We need help badly.我们急需帮助。
His arm was badly hurt.他的胳膊严重受伤了。
17. interested/ interesting
He was interested in biology before.他以前对生物感兴趣。
I?m not interested in art.我对艺术不感兴趣。
(2)interesting的意思是“有趣的”，指能够给人带来兴趣的某人或某事物。 He is an interesting old man.他是个有趣的老头。
The interesting story attracted me. 这个有趣的故事吸引了我。
18. dead/ die/ death/ dying
(1) dead是形容词，意思为“死了的、无生命的”，表示状态，可以与一段时间连用。 The tree has been dead for ten years.这棵树死了有十年了。
The rabbits are all dead. 这些兔子都是死的。
(2) die是动词，意思为“死、死亡”，是一个瞬间动词，不能与一段时间连用。 My grandpa died two years ago.我爷爷两年前去世了。
The old man died of cancer.老人死于癌症。
The memorial hall was built one year after his death.
His death is a great loss to us.他的死是我们的巨大损失。
(4) dying 是die的现在分词，用作形容词，意思是“垂死的、即将死去的”。 The doctors have saved the dying man.医生们救活了那个垂死的人。
The poor dog had no food, it was dying.可怜的狗没有食物,快要饿死了。
---Do you know ________________?
---Only ten months old.
A. when does Tiger Woods start golfing
B. when did Tiger Woods start golfing
C. when Tiger Woods starts golfing
D. when Tiger Woods started golfing
【解析】答案：D。该题考查的是宾语从句的时态和语序。这个宾语从句的时态应用一般过去时，应为这里说的是过去的事情。语序应用陈述句的语序，所以正确答案是: when Tiger Woods started golfing。
I?m interested in animals, so I _____________ every Saturday working in an animal hospital.
A. pay B. get C. take D. spend
【解析】答案：D。该题考查的是pay, get, take和spend这四个动词的用法区别。只有动词spend可以用在sb. spends time doing sth. 这个句型里，所以正确答案影视spend。
Could I ________ your telephone? I have something important to tell my parents.
A. keep B. borrow C. use D. lend
【解析】答案：C。该题考查的是keep, borrow, use和lend四个动词的用法区别。keep的真正含义是“保留”，borrow的含义是“借入”，lend的含义是“借出”，只有use的含义是“使用”。在这个句子里实际上是“使用”的意思，所以应选use。
---Hi, Ann. Where?s your brother? I need his help.
---He left home two weeks ago and ________away ever since.
A. is B. was C. has been D. had been
1. Mr Green asked the children to _____the words in the dictionary.
A. look at B. look up C. look for D. look after
2. May I _____ your bike? Certainly, but you can't _____it to other.
A. lend, lend B. borrow, lend C. borrow, borrow D. lend, borrow
3. Mr Brown _____in China since 20 years ago.
A. worked B. works C. is working D. has worked
4. There______ be many trees here two years ago.
A. is B. are C. use to D. used to
5. Neither my brother nor I ____a doctor.
A.is B.am C.are D.be
6. ____of my parents ____ watching TY.
A.Both, likes B.Either, like C.Neither, like D.Neither, likes
7. I really don't know ____ next. Can you tell me ?
A.how to do B.what to do C.how will I do it D.what to do it
8. He has lived here ___ 1965.
A. since B. for C. in D. from
9. If you are tired, please stop ___ a rest.
A. having B. have C. to have D. has
10.She has never come to the farm before, _____ she?
A. has B. hasn't C. does D. doesn't
11. It is ____book that I have ____ it twice.
A.such an interesting…seen B.so an interesting…read
C.so interesting…looked D.such an interesting…read
12. The doctor was busy ____ on the boy at that time.
A.operate B.to operate C.operated D.operating
13. The policeman told the children _____play in the street.
A. didn't B. to not C. not to D. don't
14. Mother returned home _____earlier than Father that evening.
A. very B. too C. more D. much
15. I won't go to see the film tonight, because I ______ my ticket．
A. lost B. have lost C. will lose D. didn't lose
Children like to copy(模仿) what they hear. They copy their parents，their friends and even the TV. This teaches them how to speak the language. Copying also does good to students of a second ____1______. When you listen to foreigners speak English，_____2_____ what they say as loudly as you can.
Children don?t practise grammar, but use the language to ____3_____ that interests them. They don?t ____4_____ their vocabulary or poor grammar. They find ways to ____5_____ themselves，and they do it successfully.
Students of English should also pay their attention to ______6______. Look for chances to talk with people in English. If you can?t find a ____7____ to talk to, talk with other students of English instead. _____8_____ an English
discussion and talk about music, movies or whatever _____9_____you. Don?t worry about _____10___. The objective(目标) is to earn how to communicate(交流) easily and comfortably. Remember that you can communicate successfully even with a small vocabulary.
1. A. year B. grade C. language D. country
2. A. repeat B. hear C. believe D. remember
3. A. write letters B. keep diaries C. talk to people D. talk about things
4. A. look for B. complain about C. laugh at D. go over
5. A. enjoy B. help C. relax D. express
6. A. grammar B. vocabulary C. communication D. English
7. A. foreigner B. topic C. chance D. visitor
8. A. Start B. Build C. Use D. Make
9. A. understands B. interests C. improves D. allows
10. A. lessons B. exams C. wasting time D. making mistakes
We can see walls everywhere in the world. But the Great Wall of China is the biggest of all. The Chinese call it "The Ten-thousand-Li Great Wall". It is in fact more than 6,000 kilometres long. It is 4-5 metres wide. In most places, five horses or
ten men can walk side by side.
When you visit the Great Wall, you can't help wondering how the Chinese
people were able to build such a great wall thousands of years ago. Without any modern machine, it was really very difficult to build it. They had to do all the work by hand. It took millions of men hundreds of years to build it.
The Great Wall has a history of over two thousand years. The kings began to build the first parts of it around two thousand seven hundred years ago. Then Qin Shihuang had all the walls joined up. He thought that could keep the enemy o ut of the country.
Today the Great Wall has become a place of interest. Not only Chinese people but also people from all over the world come to visit it.
1. The Great Wall is the biggest of all walls in _________.
A. China B. Europe C. the world D. Asia (亚洲)
2. How long is the Great Wall?
A. It's less than six hundred kilometres. B. It's over six million kilometres.
C. It's six thousand kilometres. D. It's more than six thousand kilometres.
3. It took _____ men ______ years to build the Great Wall.
A. millions; millions B. hundreds of; hundreds of
C. millions of; hundreds of D. hundreds of; millions of
4.The Great Wall was built ______________.
A. by people all over the world B. without any modern machines
C. with some other countries' help D. by all Chinese kings
5. Qin Shihuang thought the Great Wall could _________.
A. keep the enemy out of his country B. keep his body in it
C. be visited by all the people D. make his country beautiful
In 776 B.C. the first Olympic Games were held at the foot of Mount Olympus to honor Greeks' chief god, Zeus(向希腊主要神祗宙斯献礼). The Greeks praised (注重)physical fitness and strength in their education of youth. Therefore, running, boxing, horse-racing, discus throwing and so on were held in each city and the winners competed every four years at Mount Olympus. Winners were greatly honored by having olive wreaths(橄榄枝花环)placed on their heads and having poems sung about their deeds. Originally(起初)these were held as games of friendship, and any wars that were going on were stopped to allow the games . The Greeks regarded these games as so important that they counted time in four-year cycles called "Olympiads" dating from 776 B.C.
1. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. The first Olympic Games were held to celebrate.
B. Winners were greatly honored by having olive wreaths placed on their heads.
C. Battles were stopped to let the games take place.
D. Poems were sung in the honor of winners.
2 Nearly how many years ago did these games start?
A. 776 years. B. 1250 years. C. 2278 years. D. 2760 years.
3. Which of the following matches was not mentioned in the passage ?
A. Discus throwing B. Boxing C. Skating D. Running
4. What conclusion can we reach about the ancient Greeks ?
A. They liked to fight.
B. They were very good at sports.
C. They liked a lot of ceremony (仪式).
D. They couldn't count, so that they used "Olympiads" for dates.
Over thirty thousand years ago people from northern Asia went to America. Today, we call these people Indians.
The Indians went to America because the weather began to change. Northern Asia became very cold. Everything froze. They had to move or die. How did the first Indians go to America? They walked!
Later Columbus found the New World in 1492. At first, only a few Europeans followed. They traveled to America in boats. For the next three hundred years, about 500,000 people went there. Then the number grew very quickly. From 1815 to 1915, over thirty-two million Europeans left their countries and went to the United States. The biggest groups were from Germany and Italy. These
Europeans spoke many different languages. Most of them took almost no money. They went to America so that they could find a better life.
1. __________ went to America first.
A. People from northern Asia
B. People from Europe
C. People from Germany
2. Why did the Indians go to America? Because ________.
A. northern Asia became very hot
B. northern Asia became very cold
C. they were interested in America
D. they liked traveling
3. The New World was ___________.
A. Italy B. northern Asia C. Germany D. America
4. The first Europeans went to America _______________.
A. by ship B. by bike C. by boat D. by train
5. These Europeans ______________.
A. didn't speak the same language
B. spoke English only
C. spoke German only
D. spoke both English and German
6. The Europeans went to America in order to _________.
A. find the New World
B. find a better life
C. build more boats
D. learn English
四. 补全对话: 给下面对话的空白处填上适当的词，使对话通顺，符合逻辑。 ( Jim and Han Li are talking about the coming summer holiday.)
Ben: Hello, Han li, where are you going for your summer holiday?
Han Li: I'm ___1___ sure. I'm thinking ___2___ going to Guilin. What about you? Ben: I'm going to Chongqing and Wuhan ___3___ my parents.
Han Li: ___4___ are you going there?
Ben: First we'll fly to Wuhan, and then go to Chongqing ___5___ ship.
Han Li: That's a good idea. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Wish you a pleasant journey! Ben: Thank you!
五. 完成句子: 根据汉语句子的意思，完成下列英语句子。
______ do you turn your radio so loud _____ ?
The whole meeting will ______ ______ 3 hours.
We all like ______ ______ with the dog.
I'm sorry, I don't ______ any food ______ me.
What ______ your new recorder ______ ?
Thank you ______ ______ me the news.
They ______ stop talking ______ 11 o'clock last night.
This is a letter ______ Lucy ______ Xiaofan.
1. give up
2. try out
3. most of
4. not…any more
5. at the age of
6. at that time
7. send message by telegraph
8. graduate from
9. turn down
10. put up
11. at the top of
12. get together
13. from house to house
14. at the end of
15. on top of
16. as well
17. climb down
18. in a single night
19. even though
20. live on
21. once upon a time
22. according to
23. keep warm
24. on the other hand
25. on show
26. on display
27. in the future
28. look up
29. Tree Planting Day
30. just right
31. as often as possible
32. wash away
33. in this way
34. in a few years' time
35. point to
36. thanks to
37. more or less
38. so far
39. shut down
40. send up
41. put off
1.set one's mind to do sth.
2. put … together
5. be filled with sth.
6. give birth to
7. be covered with
8. be made of
11. be used for
12. have nothing to do with
13. come up with
14. no matter how…
15. keep sb./sth.warm
1. ---I'm trying to …
2. --- I'll …
3. --- Which of these would you like most to …?
4. --- What do you want to … ?
5. --- I want to…
6. --- I hope to …
7. --- I plan to…
8. --- I'm going to…
9. --- I'm so happy that …
10. --- I'm glad ….
11. --- me too.
12. --- What's this called in English?
13. --- What's it made of?
14. --- It's made of …
15. --- What's it used for?
16. --- It's used for …
17. --- Eng
lish is widely used for business/ …
18. --- It is one of the world's most important languages as it is so widely used.
19. --- Where is / are … grown / produced / made ?
20. --- The (ground ) must be just right…
21. --- It's best to …
22. --- The hole should not be too deep.
23. --- The Great Green Wall is 7000 kilometres long, and between 400 and 1700 kilometres wide.
24. --- The more, the better.
25. --- More or less!
26. --- The (ground ) must be just right…
27. --- The hole should not be too deep.
ENTRANCE EXIT PUSH PULL NO SMOKING NO PARKING
FRAGILE THIS SIDE UP NO PHOTOS DANGER BUSINESS HOURS PLAY STOP PAUSE ON OFF
1. be able to/ can
(1) 都能表示“能够，具备干某件事的能力”这个含义，此时可以互换。 Mr. Green is able to finish the work on time.
= Mr. Green can finish the work on time.
(2) be able to可以用于各种时态，而can 为情态动词，多用于现在时，其过去式为could。
We are sure he will be able to be an artist when he grows up.
Miss Lin has been able to pay the car by herself.
(4) Can除了表示“能够，有能力做某事”以外，还有如下用法，而be able to 则没有。表示请求，但语
Can I have a look at this picture? 我能看看这张图片吗？
Can we leave school after 6:00 p.m. ?我们可以在下午6点之后再离开学校吗？ 表示可能性。
That man can?t be our new teacher. 那人不可能是我们的新老师。
The exam can?t be too difficult.考试不会太难。
2. bring/ take/carry/fetch
He brought us some good news.他给我们带来了一些好消息。
Please don?t forget to bring your homework tomorrow.
Please take the umbrella with you. It?s going to rain.要下雨了，请把伞带上。 She took the dictionary away.她把字典拿走了。
They carried the boxes into the factory. 他们把箱子搬进了工厂。
A taxi carried them to the station. 出租车送他们到了车站
(4) fetch表示的是“去取来、去拿来、去叫来”等意思，包含去和来两趟。 The waiter fetched them some apples.侍者为他们取来了一些苹果。
Mother fetched the doctor for her ill son.妈妈为生病的儿子请来了医生。
3. whole/ all
The whole country is suffering the war. 整个国家正遭遇战争。
I just want to know the whole story.我仅仅只想知道完整的故事。
They will spend their whole holiday in Canada.
She has finished writing the whole book. 她已经写完了整本书。（冠词后 whole用来修饰可数名词（名词用单数）。
He ate the whole cake. 他把整个蛋糕都吃了。（强调整整一个蛋糕）
Miss Green knew all the students in the class.
Jim finished all his homework in twenty minutes.
Of all the boys here, he sings best.在这里所有的男孩之中，他唱的最好。（定冠词前）
The boy can answer all these questions.那个男孩能够回答所有的这些问题。（指示代词前）
All these five books are mine.这五本书都是我的。（修饰可数名词）
She was worried about her son all the time.她总在为她的儿子担心。（修饰不可数名词）
4. fill/ full
(1) fill常作动词，与with连用，意思是“注满、装满”，也能表示“填空；补缺”的意思。 He filled the box with chalk.他把粉笔装满了盒子。
The bucket is filled with water.水桶里装满了水。
All the rooms are full of people.所有的房间都满人了。
The bus was full. He had to wait for the next one.这辆车人满了，他只有等下一辆。
5. be made of/ be made from/ be made in/ be made into
(1) be made of表示"由…制成", 一般指能够看出原材料，或发生的是物理变化。 This table cloth is made of paper.这张桌布是由纸做的。
This salad is made of apples and strawberries.这种沙拉是由苹果和草莓做的。
(2) be made from也表示"由…制成"，但一般指看不出原材料，或发生的是化学变化。
Bread is made from corn.面包是小麦做的。
The lifeboat is made from some special material.这个救生艇是由某种特殊材料制成的。
(3) be made in指的是产地，意思为"于…制造"。
The caps are made in Russia.这些帽子产于俄罗斯。
My mother likes to buy things which are made in China.
(4) be made into的意思为"被制成为…"。
This piece of wood will be made into a small bench. 这块木头将要被制成一个小凳。
The paper has been made into clothes for the doll. 纸被做成了洋娃娃的衣服。
6. none/ no one/ neither
(1) none既能指人，又能指物，意思是"没有一个，无一"，常用作代词，与of连用。 None of us has heard of him before.我们没有一个人以前听说过他。
I like none of the coats. 那些外套我一件都不喜欢。
None of the answers is true.没有一个答案是正确的。
None of the rooms are mine.没有一间房子是我的。
(2) no one只能用来指人，且不能与of连用。
No one is absent.没有人缺席。
I knew no one there.那里我一个人也不认识。
No one agrees with you. 没有人同意你的说法。
Neither of the boys is from England. 这两个男孩都不是来自英国。
I know neither of them.他们两个我都不认识。
7. found/ find
I can't find my glasses.我找不着我的眼镜了。
He found it boring to sit here alone.他发现独自坐在这里很没劲。
The People's Republic of China was founded in 1949.中华人民共和国成立于1949年。
The school was founded by the local residents.这所学校是由当地居民修建的。
8. hear / hear of/ hear from
(1)hear的意思是"听见；听说，得知"，后面能接名词、代词或宾语从句。 We heard the news just a moment ago.我刚听说这个消息。
Can you hear me? 能听见我说话吗？
(2) hear of的意思是"听说"，一般指非直接的听见，而是听别人说的。后不能接宾语从句。
I have never heard of her.我从未听说过她。
They heard of the film long time ago.他们很久以前就听说过这部电影。
(3) hear from的意思是"收到来信"，与"听"无关。
I often hear from him. 我经常收到他的来信。
He hasn't heard from his mother for a long time.他很久没有收到妈妈的信了
9. send/ send for
The company sent him to study abroad.公司派他到国外学习去了。
Mr. Brown sent her children away.布郎夫人送走了孩子们。
(2) send for意思是"召唤；派人去取；派人去拿"，而非本人亲自去。
They have sent for a repairman.他们已经派人去请了一名修理工。
She sent for some flowers.她派了人去买花。
10. get to/ arrive/ reach
(1) arrive后不能直接接地点，是一个不及物动词。若表示到达一个相对大的地点，用arrive in ; 若表示相对小的地点，用arrive at .
The delegation will arrive in China at 5:00 p.m.代表团将于下午5:00到达北京。 It was dark when they arrived at the railway station.当他们到达火车站的时候，天已经黑了。
When did she arrive here last time? 她上次是什么时候到这儿的？（副词前省略介词）
They reached London on Friday.他们星期五到达了伦敦。
The news only reached me yesterday.我于昨天才接到这个消息。
Can you reach that apple on the tree? 你能够到树上的哪个苹果吗？
He can always be reached on the phone.可随时打电话跟他联系。
We often get to school on foot.我们经常步行到学校。
They got to the top of the hill at noon.他们于中午到达了山顶。
Aunt Li often asks her son ________ too much meat. It?s bad for his health.
A. don?t eat B. not to eat C. not eat D. to not eat
【解析】答案：B。该题考查的是动词不定式的构成和用法。这个句子的基本句型是ask sb. not to do sth. 这里，not to eat 是不定式的否定式做宾语补足语。
China is becoming stronger and stronger, so Chinese ________ in more American schools now.
A. was taught B. is taught C. teaches D. taught
This painting ________ to a museum in New York in 1977.
A. sells B. sold C. was sold D. is sold
---If you ________
a new idea, please call me as soon as possible.
---Sure, I will.
A. keep up with B. catch up with C. feed up with D. come up with
【解析】答案：D。该题考查的是短语动词用法。本单元学习的短语动词come up with a new idea意思是想出新主意，正符合题意。
1. The boy is too hungry, he has already eaten an apple, but he asks for_______ one.
A. the other B. other C. another D. others
2. It?s going to rain. You?d better __________ there.
A. don?t go B. to not go C. not to go D. not go
3. He spent much time __________ the work.
A. at B. in C. on D. for
4. Mr Green would like to meet the headmaster _______ 8:00 ______ 9:00 tomorrow
A. from; to B. at; at C. between; and D. from; and
5. When _______ his uncle _________?
A. did; dead B. has; died C. did; die D. has; been dead
6. They ________ this city last week.
A. reached to B. got C. arrived D arrived in
7. The TV set doesn't ______ too much. I can afford it.
A. take B. spend C. cost D. pay
8. His father will be back from Beijing ________a month.
A. between B. after C. in D. for
9. He read nothing, _________he?
A. does B. doesn?t C. did D. didn?t
10. There?s _____ milk in the bottle, is there?
A. little B. few C. a little D. a few
11. Look, there is a map of China ______ the two windows.
A. between B. among C. about D. in
12. Two languages are very _____ used. One is English, Chinese is ______ one.
A. wide, another B. widely, the others C. wide, the other D. widely, the other
13. I was badly ill yesterday. That's ______ I didn't go to school.
A. why B. because C. as D. since
14. " Have a good time this weekend!" " ________."
A. That's OK B. Thanks. The same to you.
C. That's all right. D. Have a better time than me.
15. ______ of the money is yours.
A. None B. No one C. Neither D. Nothing
16. ______ of the apples are red.
A. One thirds B. First third C. Two third D. Two thirds
17. It's getting dark. You'd better ______ out alone.
A. don't go B. not to go C. not going D. not go
18. His home is ______ the northeast of China.
A. among B. in C. at D. to
19. All the old things were invented ______ ago.
A. hundreds of year B. hundreds of years
C. a hundreds of years D. a hundred of years
20. Jack likes to ______ others, but never writes to them.
A. hear of B. hear about C. hear from D. hear
1. This job can _________ quite quickly. (do)
2. ________ you ________ your homework yet? (finish)
3. That pen isn't yours. It's _________ .(her)
4. Can you help __________ with my English?(I)
5. Lin Lin is the __________ in our class.(young)
6. Who is _____________, Mike or Jack ? (tall)
7. We live on the ___________floor. (twenty)
8. English _________ in many countries today. (speak)
9. I __________ born on July 2nd, 1989. ( be)
10. You?d better __________ here as soon as possible. (leave)
One day a poor farmer was taking a bag of wheat to town. Suddenly the bag 1__ from his horse onto the road. He did not know 2_ to do about it because it was 3__ heavy for him to lift by himself. He only hoped that someone would soon pass by and 4__ him a hand.
Just at this moment a man 5__ a horse came up to him. But the farmer?s heart 6__ when he saw who he was. It was the __7___ man living nearby. The farmer had hoped to ask another farmer or a poor man like him to come along and help him. He couldn?t ask such a great man to help him. But to his 8__ , the great man got off his horse as soon as he came nearer. He said to the farmer, “I see you 9_ help, friend. How good it is that I?m here just at the right time.” Then he took one end of the bag, the farmer took the other, they together raised it and put it on the horse.
“Sir,” asked the farmer, “how can I pay you?”
“It?s quite easy.” The great man replied with 10_ .
“Wherever you see anyone else in trouble, do the same for him.”
1. A. fall B. fell C. falling D. fallen
2. A. what B. how C. that D. it
3. A. very B. so C. quite D. too
4. A. lend B. ask C. borrow D. gave
5. A. riding B. ride C. rode D. rides
6. A. falls B. sinks C. sank D. rose
7. A. poor B. great C. good D. bad
8. A. surprised B. surprising
C. surprise D. surprises
9. A. needs B. need C. to need D. needed
10. A. smiles B. smile C. a smile D. an smile
The war finally ended in 1945. During the next years, two great things
happened-my dad came home from the army, and I was born! I was the first child, but I wasn't alone for long. In the next four years, my mother had three more boys. It was great having a big family! The four of us were very close in age, so we played
together all the time. We liked the game “policemen and thieves” best. It was exciting.
Everybody always wanted to be a thief. Of course, someone had to be the policeman,
and it was usually me.
Well, I have grown up now, but I still love the game. There is only one thing
different. I'm a real policeman, Policeman Joe, so it's not a game any more. 判断下列句子是否符合短文内容。符合的用“A”表示；不符合的用“B”表示.
1. Joe's father was once a soldier.
2. During the war his father came back home.
3. Joe was the youngest child in the family.
4. He got on well with his brothers.
5. He always had to be the thief in the game.
Michael Jordan is the most famous basketball player in the world. He was born in Brooklyn, New York. He didn?t like to talk to other people about himself. He was very short. He didn?t play very well when he joined the basketball team in his high school at first. But the next year things changed greatly for him as he grew much taller.
Michael Jordan became famous when he joined the university basketball team in North Carolina. Michael used his speed and strength(力量) to reach the basket again. He played so well that people called him “Air Jordan”.
After college, Michael became a basketball team member in the Chicago Bulls. The NBA was very surprised at this high-flying player. He was named “Rookie”(新秀) of the year in 1985 and “Most Valuable(价值的) Player” in 1987. He once set a record(创纪录) by getting 63 points in one game.
1. Jordan is a basketball superstar in ____________________.
2. When he joined the basketball team in his high school, he ___________ at first.
A. didn?t play very well
B. played very well
C. grew much taller
D. set a record
3. He began to become famous in __________________________.
A. the university basketball team
B. the NBA
C. his high school at first
D. the Chicago Bulls
4. He is often called “_________________”.
B. the NBA
C. Air Jordan
D. Most Valuable Player
5. The NBA was very surprised at the superstar when __________________.
A. he was young
B. he joined the basketball in his high school
C. he joined the university basketball team
D. he joined the Chicago Bulls
The 29th Olympic Games will be held in our country in 2008. As a great many people will visit our country, the government(政府) will build new hotels, a large stadium(体育馆), and a fine new swimming pool. They will also build new roads. The games will be held just outside the capital and the whole area(地区) will be called “Olympic City”. Workers will build a railway and some new roads by the end of 2005. The fine modern buildings have been designed(设计) by the best designers.
The people, old and young, in the capital are getting ready for the Olympic
Games by learning English. We will be very glad to see the new buildings go up. We are very excited and looking forward to the Olympic Games because they have never
been held in our country before.
1. Because of the 29th Olympic Games, _________________________.
A. a lot of new buildings have been finished
B. a large number of people visited our country
C. many new roads and a railway line have been built
D. a lot of new buildings have been planned
2. From the passage we know that the Olympic Games _______________.
A. have just been held in our country
B. will be held in our country for the first time
C. are held in our country every four years
D. were held in our country four years ago
3. The passage tells us that everyone in the capital ____________ for the Olympic Games.
A. is busy building roads
B. is studying English
C. is designing buildings
D. is having sports and games
4. The whole area with hotels, stadiums, swimming pools is called ___________.
C. Olympic City
D. Olympic Games
5. “Go up” in the last passage means ______________.
A. 建起 B.上涨 C.增长 D.上升
1.---How are you? ---I?m _______________.
2 .---Shall I call you Jim or James ? ---It doesn?t ___________.
3.---I didn?t win in the sports meeting. ---Bad __________.
4.---What does that word mean? ---______________ one?
5. ---I think foreign languages are more important than science.
---I really can?t _________ with you.
6. ---What were you doing at that time when your father came back yesterday? ---I was ___________ the floor.
7. ---Thank you for your help. ---That?s all ____________.
8. ---Have you found my ruler yet? ---I?m __________ I haven?t.
9. ---Is Bill as tall as Li Lei? ---No, he isn?t _________ tall as Li Lei.
10. ---Well _________. Congratulations. ---Thank you.
1. A: My eyes started to fail at the age of seven.
B: My eyes started to fail when _________ _________ ________ _______ old.
2. A: He is so tired that he can?t do anything else.
B: He is _____________ tired ___________ do anything else.
3. A: We?ll remember Comrade Lei Feng for ever.
B: Comrade Lei Feng ________ _______ ______ by us for ever.
4. A: How expensive the car is!
B: ____________ ____________ expensive car it is!
5: A: We use computers in many ways.
B: Computers ____________ __________ in many ways.
Tomorrow we will __________________________ to win the football game.
When the teacher came in, the students ______________________________.
Our country has become __________________________________________.
His picture __________________________________ at our school tomorrow.
It ________ me two hours _______ _______ reading the novels.
1. beg one's pardon
2. multiply …by…
3. slow down
4. wear out
5. try on
6. make a decision,
7. a place of interest
8. make a mistake
9. drop off
10. think about
11. make up one's mind,
12. at all,
13. at least
14. by the time
15. carry on
16. never mind
17. from now on
18. come down
19. hands up
20. before long，
21. no one，
22. not…any longer
1. be busy doing sth.
2. prefer to do sth.
3. regard... as...
4. be pleased with sth./sb.
5. be angry with sb.
1. ---How much does… cost …?
2. ---It can cost as little as … yuan and as much as … yuan.
3. ---It costs ….
4. ---It's worth ….
5. ---I don't agree with ….
6. ---I wasn't sure whether….
7. ---I wonder if ….
8. ---What size …?
9. ---Have you got any other colour / size / kind?
10. ---Have you got anything cheaper?
11. ---How much are they?
12. ---How much does it cost?
13. ---How much is it?
14. ---That's a bit expensive.
15. ---Even though they're a little expensive, I'll take them.
16. ---I'll think about ….
17. ---I don't think I'll take ….
18. ---I like ….
19. ---I don't really like ….
20. ---Can I help you, girl?
21. ---Would you like me to look in the back?
22. ---We can find ….
23. ---Do you like being …?
24. ---Can I ask you some questions?
26. ---It was great.
29. ---Oh dear!
30. ---Hands up!
31. ---I?ll shoot anyone who moves.
32. ---There?s no need to thank me.
33. ---Can you remember anything else about him?
34. ---Come down, Polly!
35. ---There is a little traffic accident．
36. ---There's a big traffic jam.
37. ---Well, I'm sure he'll be here before long.
38. ---I'm beginning to get angry with him!
39.---Yes, we can't wait any longer. Let's go without him.
40. ---That's terrible!
41. ---That's a really bad excuse!
1. think/ think/about/ think of
(1) think 单独使用时表示"思考"， 接that 宾语从句时意为"认为"，"觉得"。 I am thinking how to work out the problem.
I think she is a good student.
当宾语从句含有否定概念时，通常形式上否定think ，但意义上却是否定宾语从句。 I don't think he can come.
I don't think it will be windy.
(2)think about 可接一个名词，动词-ing 形式或由疑问词引导的不定式或宾语从句，意思是"考虑……"。
I have thought about it for a long time.
Please think about how to tell her the bad news.
(3)think of 表示"认为"， 一般用于疑问句中，与what 连用。
What do you think of the TV play? = How do you like the TV play?
2. big/ large/ great
Can you lift up this big stone?
On the last day I made a big decision.
A whale is a large animal.
A large crowd collected at the gate of the theatre.
(3) great除了表示数量体积之大外，又指抽象的程度，意味着伟大性，重要性， 优越性；常用于抽象
China is a great country with a long history.
He was one
of the greatest scientists.
3. cost/ take/ spend/ pay
(1) cost表示"花钱"，花费，付出（只能用于钱、精力、生命等；主语必须是物。） The book cost me five yuan.
(2) take的主语是动词不定式, 通常用it做形式主语。
It took me five yuan to buy the book..
I spent five yuan on (for) the book.或I spent five yuan (in) buying the book.
I paid five yuan for the book.
4. expensive/ high/ cheap/ low
This watch is expensive. 这只表很贵。
These glass-products are not expensive. 这些玻璃制品不是很值钱。
注意：cheap表示"价廉"，"便宜的"，其主语也不能是价格，必须是物品本身。如： The cheap table was bought from him. 这张便宜的桌子是他卖给我们的。 This cloth doll is very cheap. 这只布娃娃很便宜。
The price of this watch is very high. 这只表的价格太高了。
The price of this book is not low for me. 这本书的价格对我来说是不低。 下面我们试看几个句子的正误对照：
The price of this computer is expensive.
(宜改为：This computer is expensive. 或The price of this computer is high. ) The price of this pen is not cheap for him to buy.
(宜改为：This pen is not cheap for him to buy. 或 The price of this pen is not low for him. )
5. alone/ lonely
(2)alone 可作形容词和副词，意思是"单独；独自"，不指心理上寂寞的感觉。 She was taken to a lonely island, lived alone, but she never felt lonely.
6. before long/ long before
(1)before long 作“不久以后”讲，切不要按字面译为“长时间以前”或“好久以前”。如： We hope to finish our experiment before long. 我们希望不久（以后）就把实验做完。
(2)long before 作"很久以前"讲。原意为"……以前很久"，故也可译为"老早"。long before 跟before long
不同，前者在其后面可以接名词或一个从句；当上下文明确时，名词或从句还可以省略。Before long 则没有上述搭配用法。
They began the test yesterday, but we had made experiment long before. 我们昨天开始做实验，但我们在那以前很久就已经做准备了。
7. as/ when/ while
As we were talking about Titanic, our teacher came in.
The students sing as they go along. 学生们边走边唱。
I stayed till sunset, when it began to rain. 我一直呆到太阳下山，那时天开始下雨了。
(3)while是"当……时候；和……同时"（强调同时发生，一般连续时间较长） While I was watching TV, he was reading. 当我在看电视的时候，他正在看书。 While there is life, there is hope. 有生命就有希望。
8. beat/win/ hit
(1)beat 是动词，意思是"连续地打; 打败; 敲打"。beat后可接人或队名。意思是"击败对手。"如：
I can beat you at swimming.
He won a game. 他胜一局。
We won a match. 我们比赛得胜。
The mother hit her child out of anger. 妈妈生气，打了她孩子一下。
9. keep doing/keep on doing
The girl kept crying all the time. 那个女孩一直在哭。
The baby kept sleeping about four hours. 这个婴儿连续睡了大约四个小时。
(2)keep on doing 表示"总不断做某事"，不表示静止状态。不能与sitting, sleeping, lying, standing这类
It kept on raining for seven days.
Don't keep on asking such silly questions.
10. get/ turn/ become
The days are getting shorter and shorter in winter．冬天的白天越来越短。
She couldn't answer the question and her face turned red．她回答不出问题，脸红了。
When did you become a teacher? - Ten years ago.你什么时候当的老师？十年前。
11. steal / rob
从意思上讲steal表示偷窃的意思。而rob表示抢劫的意思；从搭配上来讲，steal sth from sb/sth ;而rob则用rob sb/sth of sth; 例如：
He stole money from the rich to give it to the poor.
They robbed the bank of one million dollars.
在英语中，see，look，watch，notice都有“看”的意思，要注意他们的区别。 see意为“看到”，表示视觉器官有意识或无意识地看到物体，强调“看到”的结果。 look意为“看”，表示有意识地观看，强调“看”的动作。
What can you see in the picture？在图画中你能看到什么？
Look! How happily they are playing！看！他们玩得多高兴啊！