★have a meeting /meet at the meeting
★example : The dictionary has many examples of how verbs are used . You should give us an example .
Their courage was an example to all of us . He set an example to all of us .
For example , if you are learning a language ,
try to actively remember a lot of new words.
★fat : 1.(adj) I think he is too fat.
The bear has a large supply of fat in its body .
★If you join our course , you’ll learn all the business lingo you need . ★We teach our class in the evening , so you won’t miss work or school . ★All of our teachers speak English as their first language .
★Please pay for courses by cheque .
1.The math problem is difficult to work out .
_______ _______ to work out the math problem .
2. Mary got up late this morning , _____ she didn’t catch the first bus .
A. because B. for C. so D. or
3. Hurry up , _______ you will miss ______ the train.
A. or ,catching B. and , to catch C. but , catching D. or , to caught
4. Lin Lin often practices English _______ chatting with her American friend .
A. in B. by C. for D. with
5. Only those who struggle on can achieve _________(成功) .
6. He always eats lots of meat . Now he is even ________(胖的) .
7. The company has done _______(商业) with many countries .
8. He gave us a few _______(例子) to follow .
9. This college offers many ______ (课程) .
10. So far , we’ve ________(成功) in saving thousands of people in Japan .
11. I’m not sure if Tom _____ home . If he _________, I’ll call you .
A. will come , will come B. comes , will come
C. will come , comes
12. –Are you ____ from America ?
No,none of us .
A.both B. all C. any D. either
13. –When we go to the museum , this afternoon or tomorrow morning ? -______ are OK . I’m free these days .
A. Both B. all C. Either D. Neither
14. - _______ one of the people from Sichuan , I’m proud _____ it . -Me, too . They are so brave in such a terrible earthquake !
A. For , of B. As , of C. With ,of D. Of , at
15. He ________ fixing the new machine yesterday . Look , it is running well again .
A. felt like B. succeeded in C. failed in D. failed in