《9A Unit 2 Colour》练习7
1. Something is wrong with his ears. He can’t ________ anything.
A. hear B. see C. watch D. touch 2. --------- Is there _____ in today’s newspaper?
-------- Yes. Shenzhou VIII will be sent up into space in a few days.
A. nothing new B. new nothing
C. anything new D. new anything
3. I’d rather ________ at home than ________ the boring film.
A. to stay, watch B. stay, to watch
C. stay, watch D. staying, watching
4. -------- You aren’t a stranger, are you?
-------- ____, don’t you remember ________ me at the school gate ten minutes ago?
A. Yes, to see B. No, seeing C. No, saw D. Yes, seeing
5. I often see my teacher, Ms Zhao, _________ books in her office.
A. reads B. to read C. read D. is reading
6. Please call _____ me when you are free.
A. on B. at C. for D. in
7. Let’s share your ________; please cheer up.
A. sad B. sadness C. sadly D. sadden
8. We are ________ at what he is saying.
A. satisfying B. satisfy C. satisfied D. satisfactory
9. Thank you for _____ me ________ the meeting. A. remind, of B. remind, for
C. reminding, of D. reminding, for
10. Please remind me _______ CCTV News on TV at 7 p.m.
A. watch B. to watch C. read D. to read
11. If you keep doing exercise, you will be _________ than before.
A. strong B. strength C. strengthen D. stronger
12. We all love Miss Yang. She always makes her history class very ________.
A. interest B. interests C. interesting D. interested
13. The boy was _____ in this _________ book.
A. interesting, interested B. interest, interesting C. interesting, interest D. interested, interesting
14. The dress _______ smooth and soft.
A. felt B. feels C. is felt D. is feeling
15. The Great Wall is one of the _____ in the world.
A. wonder B. wonders C. wonderful D. wonderfully
16. She _________ singing to dancing. What about you?
A. prefer to B. prefers C. preferred D. prefer
17. We ________ when we heard we won the first prize.
A. cheered B. cheered up C. gave up D. looked up
18. We have two rooms _______ , but I can’t decide ________.
A. to live, to choose which one B. lived, choose which one
C. to live in, which one to choose D. lived, which one
19. Listening to music has a calming _______ on her.
A. influence B. influenced C. affect D. affected
20. ------ Do you think the Stars will beat the Bulls?
------I don’t know. But this is the last time. The fans _______ them to win wholeheartedly. A. hope B. require C. prefer D. demand
21. I’m sure this book _____ Li Lei’s, because there is his name on it.
A. can’t be B. may be C. might be D. maybe
22. This week, the weather ______ to change every day. One day is hot, the next is cold.
A. seems B. looks C. sounds D. feels
25. Julie enjoys listening to music very much. She often says to me that _____ is more.
A. nothing B. something C. everything D. anything
26. Fossils ______ in 1790s.
A. discovered B. were discovered
C. found D. were found out
27. Everyone likes the ________.
A. free B. freer C. freely D. freedom
28. He used to ______ very late, but now he is used to ________ early.
A. get up, getting up B. get up, get up
C. getting up, get up D. getting up, getting up
29. A close talk is needed ______ you and your father.
A. both B. with C. among D. between
30. He practiced _____ again and again in order to win the competition.
A. dance B. dances C. dancing D. danced
31. The boy is so young that he can’t _____ himself.
A. put on B. wear C. dress D. be in
32. ---------- There is too much sunshine.
--------- Year, we’d better __________ the sunglasses.
A. put away B. put on C. take off D. be in
33. She is _________ kind, we don’t like her at all.
A. not a bit B. a bit C. a little D. not a little
34. -------- _________ you good luck in the new year.
------- The same to you.
A. Hope B. Wish C. What D. Be
35. Neither he nor I _______ from Canada.
A. is B. are C. am D. be
36. -------- You seem to like sweets.
-------- _________. I buy sweets every week.
A. So do I B. So I do C. So am I D. So I am
1. Mother told the boy ___________ (not play) with fire.
2. The teacher tells ________ (we) to revise the lessons.
3. I usually go to ___________ (sleep) at 9 in the evening.
4. The baby is _________ (sleep).
5. I feel _________ (sleep) now, so I want to _______ (sleep) for a while.
6. Let’s stop working and _________ (relaxed) for a hour.
7. He’s feeling ________ (relax) now.
8. Are your parents __________ (satisfy) with your study?
9. My little son is the ________ (wise) of the three children.
10. You look very _______. And they are dancing ________ (happy).
11. The old woman looked at her dead dog with _________ (sad).
12. Please give them some good __________ (advise).
1. She seems to be sad today. ______ ______ that she _______ sad today.
2. Maybe he is right. He ______ _____ right. 3. What other things did he buy? ________ _________ did he buy?
4. My daughter prefers bananas to apples.
My daughter ________ bananas _________ than apples.
5. There is nothing wrong with your TV.
_______ ________ ________ wrong with your TV.
6. He prefers going there on foot to taking a bus.
He ________ rather go there on foot_______ take a bus.
7. The woman can’t decide which dress she should wear.
The woman can’t decide which dress_____ ________.
8.It seemed that he knew all his students
He _______ _______ _______all his students.
9.I can’t work out the problem. It’s too difficult.
I have ________ ________ out the problem.
10.Why don’t you wear this red shirt?
_______ ________ wear this red shirt?
Feel tired lately? Has the doctor said he cannot find anything wrong with you? Perhaps you were sent to a hospital, but all the advanced equipment there shows that there is nothing wrong.
Then consider this, you might be in a state of sub health(亚健康).
Sub health, also called the third state or grey state, is explained as a borderline state between health and disease.
According to an investigation(调查) by the National Health Organization, over 45 per cent of sub health people are middle-aged or elderly. The percentage is even higher among people who work in management positions as well as students around exam-time.
Symptoms(征兆) include a lack of energy, depression, slow reactions, insomnia(失眠), agitation, and poor memory. Other symptoms include shortness of breath, sweating and aching in the waist and legs.
The key to preventing and recovering from sub health, according to some medical experts, is to form good living habits, alternate(交替) work with rest, exercise regularly, and take part in open air activities.
As for meal, people are advised to eat less salt and sugar. They should also eat more fresh vegetables, fruit, and fish because they are rich in nutritional elements—vitamins and trace elements—that are important to the body.
Nutrition(营养) experts point out that it is not good to eat too much at one meal because it may cause unhealthy changes in digestive tract(消化系统). They also say that a balanced diet is very helpful in avoiding sub health
1.The key to preventing you from falling in to a state of sub health is that you should ________.
A. work hard B. sleep more
C. form a good living habit
D. take more exercise