1. 令人沮丧的________ 2. 背诵、记忆________ 3. 出声地、高声地________
4. 发音（v.）________ 5. 解决方法________ 6. 根本不________
7. 结束做某事________ 8. 犯错________ 9. 害怕做某事________
10. 说本族语的人________ 11. 笑话某人________ 12. 做笔记________
13. 喜欢、乐意做某事________ 14. 组成、构成________
1. study , How , you , do , for , test a
2. by study listening to , I , cassettes
3. you , do , by , learn , reading , English , aloud
4. should , find , you , pen pal a
5. can?t , a lot of , I , new , words , memorize
People living in different countries made different kinds of words . Today there are about fifteen hundred languages in the world . Each contains many thousands of words . A very large dictionary , for example , contains four or five hundred thousand words . But we do not need all these . To read short stories you need to know only about two thousand words . Before you leave school , you will learn only one thousand or more . The words you know are called your vocabulary . You should try to make your vocabulary bigger . Read as many books as you can . There are a lot of books written in easy English for you to read . You will enjoy them . When you meet a new word , find it in your dictionary . Your dictionary is your most useful book . Training Base （阅读理解练习）
1. The number of different languages spoken is about ______.
A. 150 B. 15,000 C. 500 D. 1,500
2. Before you leave your school , you?ll learn _____.
A. only two thousand words B. five hundred thousand words
C. more than one thousand words D. three or four thousand words
3. To make your vocabulary bigger , you must ______.
A. get as many dictionaries as you can B. read as many books as you can
C. buy a lot of books D. have a very large English dictionary
4. You will enjoy ______.
A. the books written in easy English B. your dictionary
C. your new words D. finding new words in a dictionary
5. A very large dictionary, for example, contains four or five hundred thousand words.
6. There are a lot of books written in easy English for you to read.
Small children often laugh at the short ones or at someone who isn?t dressed as well as they are . But as they grow up , they learn not to hurt peoples feelings by laughing at their problems . They learn to laugh at other things . Most important they learn to laugh at themselves.
Suppose （假设）you?re playing a game . You make a mistake and lose. Do you become angry? Or can you laugh at yourself and hope to do better next time? Suppose you are at a special dinner. You at times spill （溅）some food . Why keep worrying about how clumsy （笨拙）you looked ? Why not laugh it off and enjoy yourself any way ? If you can , it?s a good sign you?ve really grown up .
Answer the questions
（ ）1. This article is mostly about ______.
A. why laughter is good for your body B. what you should laugh at
C. where you may laugh D. who you may laugh
（ ）2. The writer says small children laugh at people who ______.
A. have problems B. not to be worried C. dress well D. play games
（ ）3. Next the writer shows how laughter could help you ______.
A. not to spill food B. not to be worried C. not to enjoy yourself D. to grow up
（ ）4. The most important thing is to learn how to laugh at ______.
A. jokes B. pictures C. children D. yourself
（ ）5. The writer shows how laughter could help you not to ______.
A. make a mistake B. lose game C. become angry D. try again
1 read comics 2 chew gum 3. short 4 get up early
5 medium build 6 play on the swim team
7 sleep with light on 8 play games 9 straight hair 10 heavy
11 watch TV 12 thin 13 paint pictures 14 attend gym class 15 eat candy
A 容貌外表__________ __________ __________ __________ __________
B 生活习惯__________ __________ __________ __________ __________
C 活动爱好__________ __________ __________ __________ __________
1. comic a. almost no
2. hardly b. fill with fear
3. insect c. books or magazines with stories in the form of drawings
4. terrify d. winged animals with 6 legs
5. dark e. having little or no light
三、1. I ___________ frustrated when I wasn?t sure of the correct answer.
A. may be B. used to C. used to be D. use to be
2. When I was a child, I used to ___________ chocolate.
A. liking B. like C. liked D. likes
3. ___________ work in Microsoft?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to C. Do you used to D. Do you use to
4. Where ___________ live before you came here?
A. did you used to B. did you use to C. use he to D. he used to
5. No one likes him ___________.
A. still B. never C. anymore D. too
6. I am ___________ of spiders.
A. terrify B. terror C. terrifying D. terrified
7. He is afraid of ___________ strangers.
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. seen
8. It ___________ that he has been ill for a long time.
A. seems B. looks C. looks as if D. seems as if
9. I always go to sleep ___________ the light on.
A. in B. with C. to D. and
10. Don?t ___________ about things so much. It will make you stressed out.
A. afraid B. terrify C. terrified D. worry
3. ?Have you got a car???No, I _______________ one but I sold it.?
4. George _______________ a waiter. Now he?s the manager of a hotel.
5. ?Do you go to work by car???Sometimes but most days I_______________ by train.?
6. When I was a child, I never _______________ meat, but I eat it now.
7. Mary loves watching TV. She _______________ TV every evening.
8. We _____________ near the airport but we moved to the city centre a few years ago.
9. Normally I start work at 7 o?clock, so I _______________ up very early.
10. What games __________ you _______________ when you were a child?
My grandmother complains about how things have changed, and she says that life be better. Families aren?t families the way they be. Everyone?s divorced.离婚 If a husband and wife are having problems with their marriage, they don?t stay together . And mothers stay home and take care of their children, but not No one has time for children 2
And the cars! No one walks walk five miles to school everyday, even in winter.
And people don?t talk to each other too busy to think… Life be simple, but it isn?t 新目标英语八年级下册Unit3同步练习题
1. I met a friend of mine_____ I was walking in the park.
A. before B. when C. after D. if
2. We?ll go for a walk if it_____ tomorrow.
A. will not rain B. isn?t raining C. doesn?t rain D. isn?t rain
3. I met Li Lei_____ hospital last Sunday. He was ill_____ hospital then.
A. in the, in the B. in, in the C. in the, in D. in, in
4. Grandma is now at _____.
A. the doctor?s B. the doctors C. the doctor D. a doctor?s
5. You go to see a doctor in a hospital. When he asks you, “What?s your trouble?”You should say“_____.”
A .I?m feeling terrible B. Don?t trouble me.
C. Give me some medicine, please D. Please take care of me
6. When you are_____ trouble, why not phone the_____?
A. at, police B. in, policeman C. in, police D. at, policeman
7. ____ useful invention the computer is!
A. What a B. What an C. How a D. How an
8. I can?t find____ to sit on the crowded bus.
A. nowhere B. somewhere C. anywhere D. everywhere
9. My mother was cooking while I____ the radio.
A. listened to B. have listened to C. was listening to D. is listening to
10. ____ TV at that time?
A. Did you watch B. Have you watched C. Were you watching D. Are you watching
11.They arrived____ Paris ____ a winter evening.
A. at, in B. to, on C. in, on D. in, at
12. Mr. Green told us____ too much time____ reading novels.
A. don?t take; on B. not to take; in C. not to spend; in D. don?t to spend; on
13. Do you know_____?
A. what he happened B. what the matter is with him.
C. what happened to him D. what did he happened
14. The thief_____ the purse and _____.
A. drops, run after B. droped, ran away C. dropped, run away D. dropped, ran away
15.People in China are always dressed____ their best clothes _____New Year?s Day.
A. at, in B. to, on C. in, on D. in, at
16.He found _______ not easy to learn English well.
A .him B. that C. it D. this
17.I?m afraid some of you are not listening. You are looking _______ the window.
A. at B. out of C. from D. out
18.We have never seen _______ film before. It?s very interesting .
A .so a good B. a so good C. such a good D. a such good
19. He _______ asleep until 12 yesterday evening.
A .falls B. fell C. doesn?t fall D. didn?t fall
20.The station ________ and Linda couldn?t see her dog anywhere.
is crowded B. crowded C. crowd D. was crowded
One day a mother rat老鼠 and her babies were out in the forest. They were playing and having a good time _______ a hungry cat came near. It hid _____ a big tree and then went through the tall ____ until it could almost hear them ____. After the mother rat and her babies know what was going on, the cat _____ from its hiding place and started to run _____ them.
The mother rat and her babies ______ ran away at once. They hurried to their home, which was ______ a large stone. But the baby rats were so ____ that they could not run very ______. Closer and closer the cat came. In no time the cat would catch them. What was to be done? Can you find them a way out.
1. A. while B. when C. until D. as
2. A. before B. beside C. in D. behind
3. A. grass B. rice C. leaves D. cabbages
4. A. play B. talk C. shout D. cry
5. A. ran B. walked C. jumped D. rushed
6. A. after B. before C. with D. towards
7. A. both B. neither C. none D. all
8.A. above B. over C. under D. on
9.A. happy B. interested C. afraid D. sad
10. A. soon B. quickly C. well D. quietly
1.This is an _______有趣的 family photo.
2.He was in the ______厨房 when the UFO arrived yesterday evening.
3. While the ______（外星人）were visiting the museum th boy called the TV station.
4.The girl went to the shop and ______买 a beautiful skirt.
5. I had a very strange _______ 经历 on Sunday. I was walking down the street when a UFO landed.
6. The children s______ to the driver, but he didn?t hear them.
7. The girl felt s______ and she cried for help.
8. The police w______ looking for the lost man at that moment.
9. Can you i_______ what the world will be like five years from now?
10. The bus station was c______ with many people.
_____ ______ David when the UFO arrived? （对划线部分提问）
________ ________ you _______ when she came in?
3.Tom had a traffic accident yesterday. （同义句）
A traffic accident________ __________ _________ yesterday.
4.She was so tired, it’s difficult for her to arrive on time. （同义句）
She was ______tired ________arrive on time.
1.---What __________you___________ do when he arrived?
---I _____________watch TV at that time.
2.When I_____________walk in the street, I_____________meet my best friend Jim.
3.Mum_____________buy my father a nice coat and a pair of trousers last Sunday.
4.While my parents were doing some cleaning, my sister___________shout to me loudly.
5.When he saw the thief steeling things in the office, he closed the door and _______call the police.
6.I first met my girl friend two years ago, she_______________work in the supermarket.
7.Thank you for______________teach us so well, my dear teacher.
8.What_____________your parents_____________do at nine o`clock last night?
Once Einstein爱因斯坦 traveled all over the United States and gave lectures 讲演everywhere. He traveled by car and soon became friendly with the driver.
The driver a___1____ listened to Einstein?s lecture. The lecture had been given again and again. One day, the driver told Einstein that he knew the lecture so w____2____ that he was s____3____ he could give it himself. Einstein smiled and said, ?Why don?t you try to give instead?” The driver a_____4____.
That evening they b____5____ came to the lecture room. N____6___ there had seen Einstein before. Then the driver began the lecture. Sure enough, he didn’t make any mistakes. The lecture was well done. When it was over, the p___7____ claps掌声 lasted for a long time. When they were leaving, the driver shook hands 握手 with everybody, while Einstein was following him quietly b____8____ him.
Just before they got to the door, a man s___9___ them and asked the driver a difficult question. The driver listened c___10___ and pointed to指向 Einstein, “The question is so simple简单 that even my driver can answer it. You can ask him.”
Unit 3 习题精选
1. In some countries, tea ______ with milk and sugar.
A. is serving B. is served C. serves D. served
2. Great changes _____ in my hometown since 1980.
A. have been taken place B. took place C. have taken place D. were taken place
3. The new type of car is going to ______ in three years.
A. turn out B. be turned out C. has turned out D. have been turned out
4. The woman murdered her friend and ______ to ______.
A. was sentenced, death B. sentencing, die C. sentenced, death D. sentenced, die
5. －Do you like the skirt ? －It _______ soft.
A. is feeling B. felt C. feels D. is felt
6. Are you still here? You were here an hour ago . Who ________ for ?
A. are you waiting B. did you wait C. were you waiting D. do you wait
7. _____ to know Professor Zhang.
A. He said B. I said C. He is said D. It says
8. －I want to sit at the table near the window. －Sorry, ______ already.
A. it took B. it takes C. it is taking D. it has been taken
9. The letter _______ three days ago and it ______ yesterday.
A. had post, had arrived B. was posted, arrived
C. posted, arrived D. had been posted , was arrived
10. He told me that the final examination _______ next Thursday.
A. is given B. will be given C. would have given D. would be given
11. Water ______ into ice.
A. will changed B. must be changed C. should change D. can be changed
12. Plays ______ twice a month in that theatre.
A. put on B. are put on C. was put on D. often put on
13. The birds _______ fly away last Saturday.
A. let to B. is let to C. was let D. were let to
14. A strange sound ______ yesterday evening.
A. was heard B. hears C. heard D. is heard
15. A beautiful bike _______ him by his classmates.
A. sent to B. will sent to C. was sent to D. will be sent for
16. Miss Chen ______ just ______ to speak at the meeting.
A. has …been asked B. has been …asked
C. have been … asked D. have …been asked
17. Meat _______ out in this shop. We can _________ now.
A. have been sold, get nothing B. has been sold, get nothing
C. has been sold, get some D. have been sold, get some
18. The new play _______ in theatre now. Why don?t you go in and see it?
A. is being shown B. is showing C. is shown D. shows
19. Can you tell _______?
A. when did it happen B. when was it happened
C. when it happened D. when it was happened
20. ______ the job ______ by Lucy or by John? Tell me the truth, please.
A. Has … finished B. Has …being finished C. Is …finish D. Has …been finished
1. When _____ the first man-made satellite _______（send）up into space ?
2. Last year vegetables __（grow）in the garden by Tom and he __（sell）them himself.
3. She ______（help）him with his homework tomorrow evening.
4. How many magazines ______（ can borrow）in your library every week ?
5. John ______（hear）to go upstairs two hours ago.
6. －Who ______（save）her father ? －He ______（save）by that policeman.
7. The doctor ______（send for）because his grandpa was ill.
8. Moon cakes ______（make）by his mother every year. ______ your mother _____（make）moon cakes for you every year ?
9. Some toys ______（buy）as a presents for these children last Monday.
10. _____ paper _____（make）of wood ?
1.（the office / clean / yesterday ）The office was cleaned yesterday.
2.（the house / paint / last month）The house _________________________
3.（three people / injure / in the accident）_________________________
4.（my bicycle / steal / a few days ago）_________________________
5.（when / this bridge / build ? ）_________________________
6.（you / invite / to the party last week ? ）_________________________
7.（how / these windows / break ? ）_________________________
8.（I / not / wake up / by the noise ）_________________________
四、Correct these sentences. （改正下列句子）
1. This house built 100 years ago. This house was built
2. Football plays in most countries of the world. ____________________
3. Why did the letter send to the wrong address? ____________________
4. A garage is a place where cars repair. ____________________
5. Where are you born ? ____________________
6. How many languages are speaking in Switzerland? ____________________
7. Somebody broke into our house but nothing stolen. ____________________
8. When was invented the bicycle? ____________________
1. They often clean their classroom after school.（改为被动语态）
Their classroom _____ often ______ by them after school.
2. Li Lei gave Tom a new pen last week. （同上）
A new pen _____ _______ _____ Tom last week.
3. A lot of people in China can speak English now.（同上）
English ______ ____ ______ by a lot of people in China now.
4. I have learned English for about two years.（同上）
English ______ ______ ______ for about two years.
5. They will publish these story-books next month.（同上）
These story-books _____ _____ _____ next month.
1. medical research ____________ 2. get pimples __________
3. 彩票中奖 __________ 4. 让某人失望 ______
5. 充足的___________ 6. 自我介绍_________
7. without permission___________ 8. 宁愿??而不?______
9. 在公共场合讲话_____________ 10. 变得紧张___________
1. “What would you do if you won a million yuan?” “_________”
A. I will give it to charities. B. I will buy snacks.
C. I will put it in the bank. D. I?d give it to medical research.
2. What ____ you do if you won in the lottery?
A. shall B. would C. will D. are
3. He doesn?t know _________.
A. to do what B. to do how C. what to do D. how to do
4. ________ people aren?t afraid to speak in public.
A. Energetic B. Confident C. Nervous D. Interesting
5. You shouldn?t borrow others? bike _________ permission.
A. without B. with C. at D. in
6. If a friend of yours said _____ about you, would you think about what he or she said?
A. bad thing B. a thing bad C. bad something D. something bad
7. ______ people went to the concert last night.
A. Thousand of B. Million of C. Millions of D. Five millions of
8. The baby could hardly speak a word, ______?
A. couldn?t he B. could the baby C. can he D. could he
9. If it ________ tomorrow, we won?t go to the park.
A. rained B. rains C. will rain D. raining
10. My teacher will become angry if I ______ late for class.
A. am B. be C. will rain D. raining
11. I _____ a letter from him since he left.
A. didn?t receive B. haven?t got C. didn?t have D. haven?t heard
12. If you learn even _____ English, you will find it useful after you leave school.
A. a few B. a little C. few D. little
13. My English is very poor. I _____ physics _______ English.
A. prefer; to B. like; than C. learn, than D. have; by
14. They ______ all the money, so they have to walk home.
A. spend B. had spent C. have spent D. will spend
15. How long can we _____ this magazine?
A. borrow B. lend C. keep D. lent
A. put it in the bank B. study in a foreign country C. charities D. do medical research E. the poor people F. went on a vacation G. expensive cars H. travel all over the world I. snacks J. the lonely old people K. big houses
1. They would buy_____, _____, _____.
2. They would give it to _____, _____, _____.
3. They would _____, _____, _____, _____.
（ ）1. I would move to New York if I won the lottery.
（ ）2. If I don?t find a job here, I?m going to move to Japan.
（ ）3. If Peggy were tall, she wouldn?t have to look up at that people.
（ ）4. If you go to Japan, you will be able to practice your Japanese.
（ ）5. If it rained, I would be very happy.
（ ）6. If I won the lottery, I would travel around the world,
（ ）7. I?ll be very happy if you come to my house.
（ ）8. Jasmine would buy a big house if she were rich.
1. I?d be a millionaire （百万富翁）if __________________.
2. If I were you, _____________________________________.
3. If my house were on fire,______________________________.
4. I would be a better student if ____________________________.
5. I?d travel around the world if _____________________________
6. If I lost my homework, _______________________________.
Mrs. Kelly returned me a glass of ice and a bottle of wine. She said, “Sit down. It?s not often I have a person to talk to .Of course, I have my cats. Anyway, you?ll spend the night? I have a nice little __1__ that?s been waiting such a long time for a guest. In the morning you can walk to the ___2___ and catch a ride（搭车） into town. It?s about five miles away.”
I asked how she could live alone, without transportation（运输工具） or a telephone, she told me her good friend, the postman, ___3___ all her shopping needs. “ He is really so dear, but he is going to retire（退休） next year. ___4___ that I don?t know what to do. But something will turn up. ____5____ a kindly new postman. Tell me, just what kind of accident did you have?”
When I told her the whole ___6___, she said, “ You did the right thing. I won?t set（安放） ___7___ in a car with a man who has even drunk a mall glass of wine. That?s how I lost my ____8___. We had lived together for forty years, forty happy years, and I lost him because of a drunken（酒后的） driver……
（ ） 1. A. cat B. garden C. to D. in
（ ） 2. A. market B. mountain C. village D. road
（ ） 3. A. gave back B. took care of C. got into D. caught up with
（ ） 4. A. Until B. Since C. Before D. After
（ ） 5. A. Certainly B. Suddenly C. Always D. Perhaps
（ ） 6. A. duty B. message C. matter D. life
（ ） 7. A. foot B. hand C. head D. nose
（ ） 8.A. father B. husband C. son D. brother
YaoMing, the center of the Chinese National Men?s Basketball Team, served the Houston Rockets in the 2002 NBA. The 2.26m, 120 kg center becomes the first one to come from a foreign team.
YaoMing was born in Shanghai in September, 1980. His mother was a center and captain of the Chinese National Women?s Team. His father played basketball, too.
YaoMing is widely known in China. He came to be a very important basketball player in China Basketball Association（联赛）. It?s short for CBA. During the 2000-2001 season, he got 27.1 scores for the Shanghai Oriental（东方） Sharks in every match.
YaoMing joined the Houston Rockets in November, 2002. He said this was a new start in his basketball life. He would do his best to learn from the NBA and improve himself.
Sport analyst（分析家） Bill Walton said, “YaoMing has the potential（潜力）, the capability of changing the future of basketball.”
1. The Houston Rockets is the name of a ______ team.
A. table tennis B. volleyball C. basketball D. golf
2. Both YaoMing?s father and mother were _____.
A. football players B. basketball players
C. the centers of the Chinese National Team D. the captains of the Chinese National Team
3. YaoMing ________ in CBA during the 2000-2001 season.
A. does well B. is good C. was good D. did well
4. YaoMing _______ the Houston Rockets in November, 2002.
A. did his best to join B. was well-known inC. became a member of D. took part in
5. Sport analyst Bill Walton thought YaoMing was able to _____.
A. learn from the NBA B. change the future of basketball
C. improve himself D. become the captain the Houston Rockets
As people age, they often wish they were younger. Or they wish they could live longer without looking or feeling old. Recent research on aging shows that scientists will know how to give us a much longer and healthier life. In scientific tests, they have been able to produce mice that live 30 percent longer than the average mouse. If these tests worked in humans, it would mean that we would be able to live 100 to 150 years.
1. --- Can you swim in the river? --- No, I _____.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. can’t D. needn’t
2. --- Ｍay I go swimming now? --- No, you ___. You must finish your homework first.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. couldn’t D. needn’t
3. -- Excuse me. Where is the zoo?
-Sorry, I don’know.
A. shall B. may C. need D. would
4. __________ I finish the work today? No, you needn’t.
A. Must B. May C. Can D. Need
5. --- Must I finish my homework now? -- No, you ___. You may have a rest first.
A. mustn’t B. can’t C. may not D. needn’t
6. --- Tom, where is your father? --- I’m not sure. He_____ in his office.
A. is B. may be C. maybe D. may
7. ---_______I visit Lucy on Sunday, Mum? ---Yes, you______.
A. Must；can B. May；may C. Need；need D. May；need
8. --- Where is Tom? --- He hasn't come to school today. I think he_____ be ill.
A. has to B. should C. may D. need
9. --- Can you fly a kite? --- No, I _____.
A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. couldn’t
10. This book _____ Lucy’s. Look! Her name is on the book cover.
A. must be B. may be C. can’t be D. mustn’t be
(1) --- Why isn't Jim here?
--- He's busy. He (take) care of his aunt's baby at home now.
(2) --- What's Mr. Clarke going to do tomorrow? (not rain).
(3) Linda (make) a lot of friends since she came here last autumn.
(4) --- Did Jack finish (clean) the house this morning? --- Yes, he did.
(5) --- Have you heard of the Great Wall, Mr. Read?
--- Yes, I have. It's a place of great interest in China.
It (build) thousands of years ago.
Miss Wu : Can I help you?
Li Gang : Yes, I'd like to return this book, please.
Miss Wu : 1.
Li Gang : No, I couldn't read it. I had a hard time reading a few pages, and then I decided to give up. Miss Wu : 2.
Li Gang : It wasn't the language. It was the words. They are too small for me.
Miss Wu : 3.What can I do for you then?
Li Gang : Well, I'd be glad if you could find me another book.
Miss Wu : 4.
Li Gang : Yes, but one with bigger words.
Miss Wu : 5.
Li Gang : Oh, Oliver Twist. This one is fine. And the words are much bigger. Thank you very much. Miss Wu : You're welcome.
A. What about this one? B. You can't keep the book for long.
C. Another English storybook? D. Isn't it interesting?
E. Oh? But I know you are good at English.
F. Did you enjoy the book? G. Yes, they are really small.
Once Effendi had a joke with the Prime Minister 宰相. He said that the Minister would die the next day. The next day, the Minister fell to the ground from the horse and really died. When the king learned this, he got angry and sent his men to catch Effendi at once.
When Effendi was brought to him, the king shouted angrily, “Effendi, since 既然 you knew when my Minister would die, you must know the date of your own death 死 . Say it out, or you’ll die today.”Effendi looked at the king for a while. Then he answered, “But how can I know? I’ll die two days earlier than you.”The king was afraid that if he killed Effendi, he himself would die after that. He thought he must keep Effendi alive 活着 as long as possible, so he let Effendi go.
1This story tells us .
A. how Effendi fooled 愚弄 the king B. when the king would die
C. why the Minister died D. Effendi knew the dates of everyone’s death
2The prime Minister died because .
A. Effendi killed him B. Effendi said he would die
C. He was badly ill D. He fell of the horse
3Why did the king ask Effendi to tell him the date of Effendi’s own death?
A. Because the king wanted to know when he himself would die.
B. Because the wanted to find an excuse to kill Effendi.
C. Because he himself had known the date of Effendi’s death.
D. Because he wanted to know when Effendi would die.
4The king let Effendi go because .
A. he hoped to live a long life B. he was afraid of Effendi
C. he didn’t believe 相信 Effendi’s words D. He knew he would die two days later
5Which of the following is not true?
A. Effendi played a joke on the Minister B. The king was afraid of death.
C. Effendi didn’t know when the king would die.
D. If the king killed Effendi, he himself would die two days later.
1. go on vacation __________ 2. trek through the jungle __________
3. some day __________ 4. a wonderful place for shopping __________
5. plan on doing __________ 6. 一年到头__________
7. 从容，轻松__________ 8. 观光，到处走动__________
9. 向某人提供??__________ 10. 感到无聊__________
11. 通常,大体__________ 12. 实现________ 13. 尽快地________ II. 单项选择：
1.—There is a ticket on the floor, is it yours? —Oh, yes, it?s mine.
—Let me _____for you.
A. to pick up it B. to pick it up C. pick up it D. pick it up
2. The teacher asked the boys ____on the wall.
A. to not draw B. don?t draw C. not draw to D. not to draw
3.The little girl often makes his mother ______him_____ .
A. talk, something interesting B. tell something interesting
C. say, interesting something D. speak, interesting something
4.Exeuse me, would you please tell me ______buy a digital camera?
A. what to B .where to C. what I can D. where can I
5. We want to play basketball after school .Would you like to ____us?
A. invite B. play C. get D. join
6. What would you like to _____us about your hometown.
A. speak B. talk C. say D. tell
7.The teacher told the students _____in class.
A. not B. don?t talk C. didn?t talk D. not to talk
8.-How about going hiking this weekend? -Sorry, I prefer _____rather than _____.
A. to stay at home, go out B. to go out, stay at home
C. staying at home, go out D. going out, stay at home.
9. Have you decided _________ Shanghai?
A. to visit B. visit C. visiting D. to visit to
10. Can you provide us _________ some information _______ the computer?
A. for, with B. with, about C. about, with D. with, with
11. Beijing is cold this time _____. You need ____ warm clothes if you go there.
A. of the year, to pack B. of year, packing C. of year, pack D. of year, to pack
12. They were _________ when they heard the _______ news.
A. excited, exciting B. exciting, excited C. excited, excited D. exciting, exciting
13. “I hope _________ play soccer with us tomorrow. ” “Yes, I hope ______. ”
A. him not to, not too B. he won?t, it too C. him not to, that too D. he won?t, so too
14. The two men walked _________ the forest and got to a small house.
A. across B. through C. crossing D. over
15. It tooks _________ people _________ the work.
A. hundreds of, finishing B. hundred of, to finish
C. hundreds of, to finish D. hundred of, finishing
1. I love places where the people are really ________ （friend）.
2. I want to go there, because I like ________ （excite）vacations.
3. Could you please ________ （give）me some ________ （suggest）for vacation spots?
4. Would you like ________ （drink）some orange juice?
5. You look tired, why not ________ （have）a short rest?
6. His brother is considering ________ （study）abroad.
7. Do you plan on ________ （stay）overnight here?
8. Most private cars ________ （not allow）in downtown Singapore.
1. I have seen your watch somewhere. （变为一般疑问句）
_______ you _______ _______ watch _______?
2. Do sports every morning. （变为否定句） _______ _______ sports every morning.
3. The weather is always warm in these places. I like them. （合并为一句）
I like the places _______ the weather _______ always warm.
4. I’d like to visit the Great Wall. （对划线部分提问） ____ _____ you _____ to visit?
5. I hope that I can visit Beijing some day. （改写同义句）
I hope _______ _______ Beijing some day.
6. What other things can you tell me? （改写同义句）______ _______ can you tell me?
I want ______ ______ trip this summer _______ _______ the east _______ China.
______ ______ ______ about two hours ______ ______ his mother ______ the housework every week.
3. 星期天为什么不到这个小山上转转？Why _____ _____ ______ the hill on Sunday?
4. 你可以考虑下周去度假。You may consider ______ ______ ______ next week.
Don?t _____ ______ _____ soccer after school. We have _____ homework _____ _____.
6. 我希望有一天能到巴黎去。I ______ ______ ______ to Paris ______ ______.
American people have the habit of saying “Thank you”when something kind is done for them or something polite is said to them, no matter how easy the thing is. This habit is learned by people of many 1 countries.
You should say “Thank you”when someone 2 you the salt on the table, when someone steps aside to let you 3 in a corridor （走廊）, when someone 4 ahead of you keeps the door open 5 you, when someone says your work is well 6 or you have bought a nice thing, or your city is very beautiful. “Thank you”is 7 not only between strangers or new friends, but also between old friends, parents and children, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives. Parents often tell 8 children that they should say “Thank you”in answer to a kind word or act when they are only four 9 five years old. Perhaps that?s 10 almost everyone has got this habit.
（ ）1. A. others B. another C. other D. else
（ ）2. A. puts B. passes C. carries D. borrows
（ ）3. A. pass B. jump C. sing D. dance
（ ）4. A. jumps B. walks C. sits D. walking
（ ）5. A. to B. with C. for D. on
（ ）6. A. made B. done C. built D. doing
（ ）7. A. tell B. said C. to say D. told
（ ）8. A. his B. theirs C. their’s D. their
（ ）9. A. but B. and C. or D. so
（ ）10. A. why B. because C. when D. reason
A Trip to the Forest
One day Bob took two of his friends into the mountains. They put up their tents and then rode off to a forest to see how the trees were growing.
In the afternoon when they were about ten kilometres from their camp（营地）, it started to snow. More and more snow fell. Soon Bob could hardly see his hands before his face. He could not find the road. Bob knew there were two roads. One road went to the camp, and the other went to his house. But all was white snow. Everything was the same. How could he take his friends back to the camp?
Bob had an idea. The horses! Let the horses take them back! But what would happen if the horses took the road to his house? That would be a trip of thirty-five kilometres in such cold weather!
It was getting late. They rode on and on. At last the horses stopped. Where were they?
None of them could tell. John looked around. What was that under the tree? It was one of their tents! （ ）1. John and his two friends went to the forest to ________.
A. build their camp B. find their way home
C. enjoy the mountains in the snow D. watch the trees in the forest
（ ）2. They could not find their way back because ________.
A. there was only one road to their camp
B. they couldn?t decide which of the two roads led to their tents
C. there were no roads in the mountains at all
D. everything was covered by the white snow
（ ）3. It is clear that they wanted the horses to take them to _______.
A. John?s house B. the camp C. the forest D. the mountains （ ）4. The horses stopped because _______.
A. it was getting late B. they were tired after running for a long way
C. they knew that they had got to the camp D. they had seen John?s house （ ）5. The story happened _______.
A. on a cold winter day B. on a dark snowy evening
C. in a cold camp far from villages D. at night when nothing could be seen IX. 书面表达
1. I am very h_____. Give me some food, please.
2. It?s Friday today. Don?t p____ off it any more.
3. He is a v_______, and he often treats some animals.
4. My computer is broken. He is r_____ it for me.
5. His father is able. He can s_____ this problem by himself.
6. There is a s_____. It says“No Smoking!”.
7. His grandfather can?t walk and has to sit in a w______.
8. I love dogs because they never c______ and they?re grateful.
9. Lucy and Lily are twins, so they are s_____ in many ways.
10. He is my best friend. We all t_____ in him.
1. It?s your turn to _____ the room, Wang Fang.
A. clean up B. clean to C. clean-up D. clean off
2. I?m thirsty. I?d like _____ a glass of water.
A. drink B. to drink C. drinking D. drank
3. A: Must I go out for a walk now? B: No, you _____.
A. mustn?t B. can?t C. needn?t D. may not
4. Ask him _____ come to our party tomorrow.
A. not B. not to C. doesn?t D. isn?t
5. It?s twelve now. Let?s have _____ lunch together.
A. a B. an C. the D. x
6. I am a League Member. I volunteer my time _____ others.
A. help B. to help C. helping D. helped
7. I don?t know _____ kind of work I can do.
A. how B. what C. who D. why
8. A: Could you come here next week, please? B: _______.
A. Yes, you can. B. No, you couldn?t. C. No, never. D. Yes, that?s right
9. Did you _____ much money on the car?
A. cost B. pay C. spend D. take
10. The boss in the factory often makes the workers _____ nine hours a day.
A. work B. to work C. working D. worked
1. To work in a school is very interesting. 同义句
______ _____ very interesting to work in a school.
2. Don’t worry too much about your exam. 同义句
Don?t _____ _____too much about your exam.
3. We maybe make our friends and family unhappy. 对划线部分提问
_____ _____ you maybe make your friends and family?
4. The headmaster saw the children playing on the playground. 变成复合句 The headmaster saw the children _____ _____ on the playground.
5. Did he come up with a great idea? 同义句 _____ he _____ a great idea?
6. Jim looks like his elder brother. 同义句Jim _____ _____ his elder brother.
7. He told the teachers at school about his problem. 对划线部分提问
_____ _____he tell the teachers at school about?
8. I need to look up the word in the dictionary. 变一般问句
_____ you _____ to look up the word in the dictionary?
9. They would like to help some homeless people. 变一般问句
_____ you _____ to help some homeless people?
10. This volunteer work takes each of them several hours a week. 对划线部分提问
_____ _____does this volunteer work take each of them a week?
I am going to take him to the cinema ___________.
These words are all very important. __________________, please!
Do you know who ____________________ at the school gate?
Their teacher can speak ______ English ______Japanese.
No one wants to buy these coats. You can?t even ______________.
He _____________, so he works harder.
7.刚刚离开的那列火车是开往鸡西的。The train __________________ is for Jixi.
8.我不知道谁能相信他的话。I don?t know ______________his words.
His mother ___________, and she hardly ___________herself.
We must take measures _______________ drug smuggling.
A friend of mine named Paul received an expensive car from his brother as a Christmas present. On Christmas Eve when Paul came out of his office, a street urchin was walking around the shining car. “Is this your car, Paul?” he asked.
Paul answered, “Yes, my brother gave it to me for Christmas.” The boy was surprised. “You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn’t cost you nothing? Boy, I wish?”He hesitated.
Of course Paul knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the boy said surprised Paul greatly.
“I wish,” the boy went on, “that I could be a brother like that.” Paul looked at the boy in surprise, then he said again, “Would you like to take a ride in my car?”
“Oh yes, I’d love that.”
After a short ride, the boy turned and with his eyes shining, said, “Paul, would you mind driving in front of my house?”
Paul smiled a little. He thought he knew what the boy wanted. He wanted to show his neighbours that he could ride home in a big car. But Paul was wrong again. “Will you stop where those two steps are?” the boy asked.
He ran up to the steps. Then in a short while Paul heard him coming back, but he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled brother. He sat him down on the step and pointed to the car.
“There she is, Buddy, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Christmas and it didn’t cost him a cent. And some day I’m going to give you one just like it ?then you can see for yourself all the nice things in the Christmas window that I?ve been trying to tell you about.”
Paul got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began an unforgettable holiday ride.
注：urchin顽童, hesitate犹豫, neighbour邻居, crippled残疾,cent 美分
1. The street urchin was very surprised when _______________
A. Paul received an expensive car B. Paul told him about the car
C. he saw the shining car D. he was walking around the car
2. From the story we can see the urchin _______________
A. wished to give his brother a car B. wanted Paul?s brother to give him a car
C. wished he could have a brother like Paul’s
D. wished Paul could be a brother like that
3. The urchin asked Paul to stop his car in front of his house ____________
A. to show his neighbours the big car B. to show he had a rich friend
C. to let his brother ride in the car D. to tell his brother about his wish
4. We can infer（推断） from the story that___________
A. Paul couldn?t understand the urchin B. the urchin had a deep love for his brother
C. the urchin wished to have a rich brother D. the urchin’s wish came true in the end
5. The best name of the story is ____________
A. A Christmas Present B. A Street Urchin
C. A Brother Like That D. An Unforgettable Holiday Ride
很多人都希望能在事业上有所成就， 但不是所有人都能取得胜利。 成功需要顽强的意志，锲而不舍的努力，勤奋的精神。请你以此为重要内容，写一篇100自左右的简短发言。
新目标九年级英语Unit 9 When was it invented?
1. The students don’t know the _______________ different.
2. Knives are used for ______________ cut .
3. English is the most ____________ wide spoken in the world.
4. English is spoken as the _____________ one language by most people in the U. S. A.
5. He couldn’t get into the house because the door ___________ lock.
6. Ten ______________ American have arrived here .
7. ______________ travel also use computers.
8. He spoke very ________________ clear, so it was easy to follow him .
9. China is one of the _______________ large countries in the world .
10.Three quarters of the _________________ world books are written in English .
11. I think English is very ______________ use, too.
（ ）1. ___ of the food was left .
A. Two-third B. Second-third C. Two-three D. Two-thirds
（ ）2. Doctors ___ in every part of the world .
A. need B. are needing C. are needed D. will need
（ ）3.___ of us knows a lot about this country .
A.None B. No one C. Nor D. nobody
（ ）4. This kind of bicycle ___ in the shop near our school .
A. sells B. sell C. has sold D. is sold
（ ）5. Remember ___ the door. I’ve lost the key ___ the lock.
A. not to lock, for B. not to lock, to C. not locking, to D. not locking, of
（ ）6.What’s this ___ English ? It’s fridge .
A. for B. in C. at D. with
（ ）7.My sister, with my friends, ___ playing pingpang now .
A. is B. are C. was D. were
（ ）8.Lily sings best ___ these girls.
A. in B. between C. among D. with
（ ）9. There are three ___ and two ___ in the bus .
A. Japanese, German B. Japanese, Germen C. Japanese, Germans D. Japaneses, Germans
1. Keys are _____________ 用来 for locking doors .
2. A coat is used for _____________________ 保暖.
3.Chinese is spoken by _____________________________ 最多人口 in the world .
4.We’d better ask ___________________ 一些其他的人 to come to supper.
5.____________________ 没有一个他的家人 has been to America .
6.My TV set is ____________________ 产于 in Japan.
1.Beautiful flowers _______________ grow, are grown by this farmer.
2.Knives ___________________ use, are used for cutting things.
3. These books _________________ write, are written in French .
4. What ________________ is, does the box ______________ made, made of ?
5. TV set ________________ makes, is made in that factory.
A pan ________ ________ _________ ________ , it is _______ _______ _______.
2. 我买不起它。 I __________ ___________ it .
3. 在加拿大讲英语。 English ______ __________ in __________.
That is why ______ ______ ______ people in China are ______ in learning English .
6.桔子生长在四川。__________ _________ __________ __________ Sichuan .
（ ）1. English is used ___ travelers and business people all over the world .
A. to B. for C. by D. as
（ ）2. I think these coats are ___ wool .
A. made of B. made from C. made into D. made up of
（ ）3.The price of this kind of computer is too ___ .
A. cheap B. expensive C. high D. lower
（ ）4. It’s used ___ .
A. to writing B. for writing C. for write D. to write
（ ）5. Salt ___ often ___ in Qinghai .
A.is, done B. makes, ／ C. is, produces D. is, produced
（ ）6. They study Chinese ___ a second language .
A. by B. with C. on D. as
（ ）7. ___ do you want to say ?
A. Else what B. What else C. How else D. When else
（ ）8. ___ are these cars made ? In Beijing .
A. Where B. What C. When D. How
（ ）9.English is also widely used in many ___ countries in the world .
A. another B. others C. the other D. other
（ ）10. The number of workers in this factory ___ 1800 .
A. have B. has C. are D. is
（ ）11. Good food ___ us healthy .
A. gives B. helps C. keeps D. does
12. The father wished the twins to be doctors, but ___ of them liked to study medicine .
A. both B. neither C. either D. none
13. When ___ this kind of computer ___ ? Last year .
A. did, use B. was, used C. is, used D. are, used
14. Jenny and her parents ___ going to visit the Palace Museum tomorrow .
A. is B. am C. are D. be
15. We’ll have a __ holiday. What about going to the West ake ?
A. two days B. two-day C. two-days D. twp-days’
1. Our school is very ______ to the shop.
A. close B. closing C. closed D. to close
2. The baby ran _______his mother when he saw her.
A. to B. into C. off D. off to
3. We had invented many new things ______ last year.
A. at the time of B. by the time of C. in time of D. last time
4. I _____ meet my old classmate in the street the day before yesterday.
A. had B. happened to C. used to D. could
5. We finally decided to set off_______at 6:00.
A. Beijing B. with Beijing C. to Beijing D. for Beijing
6. My parents ______ for 16 years.
A. married B. got married C. have been married D. have married
7. Every audience ______ by the _____ film.
A. was moving; moved B. moved; moving C. was moved; moving D. moving; moved
8. A plane can't _______ on because of the heavy rain yesterday.
A. land B. drop C. fall D. stop
9. By the time of last term, we ______ all the lessons.
A. finished B. have finished C. finish D. will finish
10. The man has to______a girl who he doesn't love.
A. married B. married to C. married with D. was married
11. Go straight and you can find a post office ______ I will wait for you there.
A. at the end B. in the end C. by the end D. at the end of
12. The weather in Chengdu is colder than ______ in Chongqing.
A. it B. the one C. one D. that
13. The heavy box is _______, so I can't open the door.
A. on the way~ B. by the way C. in the way D. at the way
14. These boxes can be used ______ seats if we have no enough seats for the party.
A. for B. to C. as D. in
15. The Caiyuanba Bridge ______ since last year.
A. was built B. has been built C. is being built D. has built
16. He has ______ cold for a couple of days.
A. caught B. had C. got D. been
17. It took them half an hour to go_____ the crowd.
A. through B. across C. cross D. out
18. The film _____ when I _______ to the cinema.
A. began; got B. had begun; had got C. began; had got D. had begun; got
19. Tom likes wearing T-shirt which is ______ cotton.
A. made of B. made in C. made into D. made from
20. It's not good for us to _____ at night.
A, stay out B. stand up C. stay up D. get up
A: What do you do in the evening, Bill?
A: Which programs do you like best on TV?
B: News and sports. How about you, Claire?
A: Unfortunately I don't have TV sets,______2______I also read newspapers.
B: Do you read everything in the newspaper?
A: No. I hate the advertisements in it.
A: There are also too many advertisements on the radios.
B:_____4_____You needn't read the advertisements in the newspaper, but you can't avoid them with the radio.
B: You are right.
A. I have to listen to the radio to know what is happening in the world.
B. So do I.
C. Either you turn them off or you have to put up with them.
D. It is the same with TV.
E. I read newspapers and watch TV every evening.
1. The person who ______ the campus is a great_______. invent
2. I don't like eating ________ west food.
3. She was so ________ exhaust that she can't sing or dance.
4. My best friend got ________ marry last week.
5. The tragedy has a bad ________. end
16 TV and
Of all the things we eat and drink, water is the ___1___ important. Not ___2___ people understand this but it is quite true. The human body can go ____3____ food for a long time, but two___4___ three days without water usually make people ____5____.
Many people do not understand how ____6____ water the human body needs and many people do not drink enough, especially in hot weather. Most people drink when they are ___7___. They often need more water especially when they ____8____ exercises.
A man's body is 65 to 70 percent water. If we do not have ___9___ water, we feel ___10___ and may become ill. Do you know what the best drink is?
1. A. more B. much C. least D. most
2. A. many B. few C. lot of D. much
3. A, with B. on C. without D. by
4. A. and B. or C. but D. of
5. A. dead B. to die C. dying D. died
6. A. many B. little C. much D. can
7. A. thirsty B. tired C. hungry D. cold
8. A. make B. take C. have D. go
9. A. come B. a little C. all D. enough
10. A. fine B. tired C. happy D. well
From a plane we can see the fields, cities, mountains or seas below. __1__. People
and man-made satellites have been sent out into space to look at the earth carefully and peep!,' have learnt more about the earth in the last few years.
The sea looks very beautiful when the sun is shining on it.___2___.
___3___. It nearly covers three quarters of the earth. The sea is also very deep in some places. There is one place and at that place the sea is about 11 kilometers deep. The highest mountain in the world is about 9 kilometers high. If that mountain was put into the sea at that place,there would be still 2 kilometers of water above it!
In most part of the sea, there are many kinds of fishes and plants, Some live near the top of the sea. Others live deep down. ___4___.
___5___. When people go down, the sea becomes colder and colder. Only some men go down into the deep sea. But, in 1970, five women scientists lived in deep sea for fourteen days.
A. The sea is very big.
B. The sea can be very cold. ,
C. There are also a lot of small living things, and lots of fishes live by eating them.
D. But it can be very terrible when there is.a strong wind.
E. If we go into space, we see more and more of the earth.
1.________ 2.________ 3.________ 4.________ 5.________
Hundreds of. years ago, life was much harder than it is today. People didn't have modem machines. There was no modem machine, either. Life today has brought new problems. One of the biggest is pollution. Water pollution has made our rivers and lakes dirty. It kills our fish and affects our drinking water. Noise pollution makes us talk louder and become angry more easily. Air pollution is the most serious kind of pollution. It affects all living things in the world.
Many countries are making new laws to fight against pollution. Factories must now clean their water before it is thrown away: they mustn't blow dirty smoke into the air.
We need to do many other things, We can put waste things in the dustbin and not throw them on the ground. We can go to work by bus or with our friends in the same car. If there are fewer people driving, there will be less pollution.
1. Hundreds of years ago, life was much harder because________.
A. there was air pollution. B. Our rivers and lakes were dirty.
C. there were no modem machine. D. there were modem machine.
2. Which kind of pollution can make us become angry more easily?
A. Air pollution. B. Water pollution. C. Noise pollution. D. We don't know.
3. ______ affects our drinking water.
A. Having no modem machines B. Air pollution
C. The death of lots of fishes D. Water pollution
4. New laws are made to________
A. kill fish B. control pollution C. deal with noise pollution D. reduce modem machines
5. Which of the following sentences is not TRUE?
A. Air pollution is more serious than water pollution.
B. We must protect our environment.
C. We should encourage people to buy themselves cars.
D. We can't throw waste things about.
This story came to me from a friend in America. A little girl was traveling with her family on one of those long sleeper trains. When night came she was put in the upper bed and told that God would look after her. As everyone began to sleep, the little girl got a bit frightened, and called out,"Mummy, are you there?"
"Yes, dear, "answered Mother. A little later she called, "Dad, are you there?" "Yes, dear, "came the father's voice.
This was done several times. Until at last another passenger got unhappy and said, "We are all here! Your father, your mother, your brother and sisters. NOW GO TO SLEEP!"
It was quiet for several minutes, and then the child was heard to whisper, "Mother was God?"
1.-Why did the little girl call out "Daddy, are you there?" because she was ____
A. looking for her father B. a little afraid
C. talking with her father D. frightening her father
2. The passenger said "We are all here." Because _______.
A. He wanted to frightened the girl. B. He wanted to act the God.
C. He wanted to let the girl keep quiet. D. He liked the girl very much.
3. The last sentence "Mother was God?" can tell us _____.
A. thinking of if it was God's voice B. afraid of God's voice
C. frightened by the passenger D. frightened by God
4. The writer wrote this story_______.
A. in America B. on the sleeper train
C. somewhere outside America D. somewhere in China
5. From the story we know that little girl was afraid of_______.
A. God B. dark C. sleeper train D. other passengers
1. Cai Lun invented paper. 同义句转换
Paper _______ _______ ________ Cai Lun.
2. There is enough food. Please eat as much as possible. 同义句转换
There is enough food. Please eat as much as ________ ________.
3. The film had begun when I got there. 对划线部分提问
________ ________ the film ________?
4. His sister had already read some books before she went to school. 改为否定句
His sister ________ ________ _______ books ______ before she went to the school.
5. He is really a modest man. 改为感叹句________ ________ ________ man he is!
6. If you get up early, you'll catch the early bus. 同义句转换
________ you get up early, ________ you ________ miss the early bus.
7. The old woman was afraid of being alone. 同义句转换
The old woman was afraid ________ ________ alone.
Dogs are very lovely pets. They are very ____1____ to people and very beautiful, too. Most dogs get on well with ____2____ and their parents. Others are god watch-dogs because they cry loudly when a ____3____ person arrives.
When you buy a dog, an important thing to think about is its ____4____ buy a small dog if your home is small and a bigger one if ____5____ is larger. Many people don't know how much to feed their dog. Dogs eat ____6____ anything! They like meat, rice and lots of other things. You can buy lots of food _____7____ for clogs in shops. Don't let your dog eat too much. Feed it only once a day. Always ____8____ water for your dog. It can get ____9____ very quickly, especially in summer.
Remember that dogs need ____10____ You should take it for a walk every day. Don't keep your dog inside all day.
1.________ 2.________ 3.________ 4.________ 5.________
6.________ 7.________ 8.________ 9.________ 10.________
3.water slide____________ 4.不再____________________
5.hang out______________ 6.买字典__________________
7.get to/arrive/in____________ 8.决定做_________________
9.dress up_______________ 10.在海滩上_________________
______ _______，Can you please tell me where I can _______ ______ _______?
2.乘电梯到二楼。________ the elevator _________ the second floor.
Do you know _________ _________ ________ _________ ___________?
The air _____ _______, also it?s usually _________. I_________ _________ outside.
When she _______ _______ ______ _____ , she always _______ ______ ______ ______.
Where _________ Mary usually ___________ __________ with friends?
Can you tell me where ________ _______ ________ ________ _______ __________?
Watertown is a great place____ the family to __________ _________ ___________.
9,在购物中心有许多免费的音乐会。There are a lot of ________ ________ at the mall.
Could you please tell me ________ ______ ______ ______ the post office?
Do you know ______ _____ _____ _____ _______ restrooms ______ ______?
假如你叫李华，你叔叔10年前从成都去加拿大工作，至今未回。现在你给他写封信讲讲成都近年来的变化。参考词汇：take place be built look forword to
Unit12 You’re supposed to shake hands (一)
1. We are ________ (most) out on Sundays.
2. We are all surprised at Tom?s sudden _________(die).
3. I sat on the big, soft sofa and made myself _________(comfort).
4. _________(gradual), his becoming better and better at English.
5.The workers worked very hard,so they were __________(succeed) in finishing the work ahead of time.
1. It is British ________ 风俗 to drink tea at four o'clock each afternoon.
2. It is r_______ of you to laugh at others in the public places.
3. My old friend,Tom g________ me at the school gate with a friendly wave of hand.
4. We do ________ 实验 in chemistry class each week.
5. Tom won the first in the High jump. Let’s give a ___________ 恭维to him.
1. All the students were ____________suppose to come here two hours ago.
2. My father has decided to give up___________somke.
3. The Greens got used to _________live in that beautiful city.
4. My grandfather walks very slowly because he is ________bow down with age.
5.It?s important for us ____________understand the main ideas about the passage.
6.I?m a newcomer, I____________be here for the first time.
1. Mr. Wang has just come back from Beijing, but soon he will ______ for Shanghai.
A. look B. leave C. ask D. wait
2. We shall go back home before it ______ to rain.
A. is going B. begins C. will begin D. began
3. How long has the shop been______? It?s been open______ just several days.
A. opening, for B. opened, since C. open, for D. open, since
4. I have______ much work to do that I can?t be out with you.
A. so B. such C. very D. too
5. He has______ Green China for 2 years.
A. has joined B. has taken part in C. has become D. has been in
6. Uncle Wang______ a worker, and he is 75 now.
A. uses to B. used to C. used to be D. was used to
7. —Please don?t be late next time. —OK, I______.
A. didn?t B. don?t C. won?t D. aren?t
8. He______ 10 yuan for the book.
A. took B. spent C. cost D. paid
9. ______ will you be back? We need to talk to you?
A. How long B. How quick C. How soon D. How much
10.On the highway,buses or cars are not allowed to _______ the passengers.
A.make up B. pick up C.get up D.send up
11. My father often tells me______ I work, the better I will get.
A. more badly B. harder C. the harder D. the more hardly
12. Miss Wu told us that light ______ much faster than sound.
A. travel B. would travel C. travels D. to travel
13. The number of the students in our school ______ 2108, but a number of student______ live in the school.
A. are, don?t B. is, doesn?t C. is, don?t D. are, doesn?t
14. Everyone except Tom and Wei ______ at school just now.
A. was B. is C. were D. are
15.No one tells_______,so I need your help.
A.how should I do B.what should I do C.how to do it D.what to do it
Donald was not very good at maths. He could not understand the teacher?s explanations. Even when the teacher explained something a second time, Donald still could not understand it. “Never mind,” Donald told himself. “I?m quite good at other subjects. I?ll cheat作弊 in the maths exam, then I won’t be in trouble.”
“I?ll sit next to the boy who?s best at maths, ”he thought, “and copy down his answers.” The day of the exam came, and Donald sat next to Brain Smith, who always was at the top of the class in maths. Donald carefully copied Brian?s answers onto his own paper. At the end of the exam, the teacher collected the papers and graded批改 them. Then she said, “Well, boys and girls, I’ve decided to give a prize to the student who got the highest grade. It’s difficult for me to decide who to give the prize to, however, because two students, Donald and Brain, got the same grade.”
“Let them share it,” one of the other students said.
“I?ve thought about that,” the teacher said, “but I?ve decided to give the prize to Brian.” Donald was angry when he heard this. He stood up and said, “That?s not fair. I got the same grade as Brian.” “That?s true,” the teacher said. “However, Brain?s answer to Question 18 was ?I don?t know,? yours was ?Neither do I.?”
1. Donald decided to cheat in the maths exam because______.
A. he was always at the top of the class in maths B. he understood the questions
C. he was not very good at maths
D. the maths teacher did not explain the question carefully
2. Donald got a high grade in maths because______.
A. maths was his best subject B. the questions were easy
C. he copied from another boy D. the teacher explained the questions carefully
3. Donald got the same grade as Brian because ______.
A. both boys were good at maths B. Donald cheated
C. Brian copied Donald?s answers D. the question were very easy
4. The teacher knew it was Donald who cheated because ______.
A. his answer were the same as Brian?s B. he wrote “I don?t know” as an answer
C. he got the same wrong answers as Brian D. he wrote the words “Neither do I”
5. Why was he angry when Donald heard that the teacher would give a prize to Brian?
A. Because he got the same grade as Brian. B. Because Brian copied him.
C. Because the teacher didn?t know Donald?s answers.
D. Because he cheated in the maths exam.
A woman once wrote a long story and sent it to a press出版社. After a few weeks the story was returned to her. The woman was angry. She wrote to the editor编辑:
Yesterday you sent back a story of mine. How do you know that the story is not good? You didn’t read it. Before I sent it to you, I pasted粘 together pages 18, 19 and 20. This was a test to see whether you would really read the story. When it came back yesterday, the pages were still pasted together. Is this the way you read what are sent to you?”
The editor wrote back.
“Dear madam,At breakfast when I open an egg, I don?t have to eat all the egg to see whether it is bad or not.”
6. Which of the following best gives the main idea of the text?
A. A woman and an editor. B. A good story or not?
C. A clever editor. D. An angry woman.
7. The woman was angry because she thought the editor______.
A. didn’t publish出版 her story B. sent her story back
C. didn?t read her story at all D. pasted together pages 18-20
8. The editor took an egg as an example to tell the woman ______.
A. only the beginning of the story was not good
B. whether an egg was bad or not by opening it
C. he didn?t eat all the egg at breakfast.
D. the story was not good only by reading a part of it
9. Which is the right order of the events事件？
a. The woman wrote the story. b. The woman was angry.
c. The woman sent the story to the editor. d. The woman wrote the letter to the editor
e. The woman pasted some of the pages. f. The editor wrote back to the woman .
g. The editor returned the woman her story.
A. b;e;c;a;g;f;d B. a;e;c;g;b;d;f C. a;e;c;f;b;g;d D. b;a;g;f;e;c;d
10. The underlined word画线词 “what” in the story refers to指的是 ______.
A. the stories that… B. the pages that… C. the eggs that… D. we don?t know
1.任何人陷入困境时，都需要帮助。Everyone ___________when they ____________.
Young adults in Colombia like to________ their friends? home _________they have time.
What_________________________when you take part in a wedding?
Don?t_________________a person only because he ______________a thief.
It?s________________to_____________other people when they are in trouble.
Don?t_______________the man. Please_____________hospital as quickly as possible.
Unit 12 （二）
1. She received many c_______ on the design of her new dress.
2. It's impolite to d________ by the friends' homes without calling first in Switzerland.
3. He will go to a m_________ school after graduating from high school.
4. The naughty boy realized his mother had made many s_______ for him.
5. Different countries have different table m________.
1. I have many Christmas cards ________ send to my friends.
2. Do you enjoy_______ work at a hospital?
3. Do you know how________ decorate the house on Spring Festival?
4. Mum often asks me__not play computer games too much.
5. I'd like_________ buy two tickets for tonight's film.
6. I saw some students_________ plant trees in the park this morning.
1. With the money he made from some of his earlier inventions, he opened up his own lab.
He ________ his money _______ _________ his own lab.
2. He wanted .to study maths. He wanted to keep himself busy.
He wanted to study maths ________ ________ _________ ________.
3. "Stop watching TV, please. "Mother said to me.
Mother told me_________ _________ __________ TV.
4. Should we shake hands when we meet someone for the first time?
________ we________ _________shake hands when we meet someone for the first time?
5. The doctor told the sick person to stop smoking.
The doctor told the sick person to _________ _________ smoking.
6. He told me, "Don't open the present until Christmas Day. "
He told me________ _________ _________ the present until Christmas Day.
A: I've looked for my book_____ 1 hours and I can't find it. I_____2 it for my homework.
B: You must_______ 3 good care of your things. I think maybe you lent it to someone and he_________ 4 to give it back to you.
A: No, I didn't, but I have remembered that I took it to Mike's house last night and I forgot to_________ 5 it back.
B: Well, I'm sorry, but I can't lend mine to you_______ 6 I need it for my homework. But don't worry ________ 7it. When I have finished with it, I'll _______8 it to you.
A: Thanks very much. I'll________ 9 for you. There's some music I want to listen to on the radio now. Can you work_________ 10 I'm listening to the radio?
B: Oh, yes. Don't worry about that.
Stop for Fair Rules
Once there were no rules to protect workers. Men, women, and even children had to work many hours each day. They were not paid much. Sometimes they got sick. They had to keep working.
Sometimes workers stop working when they want more pay. When workers all stop a job together, it is called a "strike".
Many years ago, in some Indian tribes, women made the moccasins 软鞋 for the men to wear to war. Sometimes the women leaders in the tribe did not want a war. Then they would stop making moccasins for the men to wear. Were these Indian women going on strike?
1. Once men, women, and children
A. got no pay. B. were not paid much C. made bad rules
2. The word in the story that means to stop work all together is______
3. Which of the following does this story lead you to believe?
A. All workers need moccasins. B. Indians liked to strike.
C. Once workers did not have fair rules.
4. Why did the Indian women stop making moccasins?
A. They wanted to go to war, too. B. They needed more pay for their families.
C. Sometimes the women leaders in the tribe did not want a war.
5. The main idea of the whole story is that________
A. all rules are fair B. working makes you sick
C. people can make fair rules for themselves
1．I have a lot of clothes _________.
A．wash B．to wash C．washing D．washed
2．He is not __________to do his homework. So he always makes some mistakes
A．careful enough B．enough carefully C．carefully enough D．enough careful
3．Ann __________to choose her own clothes
A．allow B．is allow C．allowed D．is allowed
4．Jim works hard at his Chinese, and ___________
A．so Lucy does B．so is Lucy C．so does Lucy D．so Lucy is
5 .I?m sorry , I _____ my pen at home
A forgeted B forgot C left D leaved
6．The box is __________heavy for me _________carry
A．too. to B．so . that C．too. too D．to , too
7．_________ be a history teacher?
A．Did she used to B．Does she use to C．Did she use to D．Does she used to
8 .In English , she?s _____ writing than listening
A better at B better in C good at D best in
9．He finds __________ easy to learn to dance
A．so B．it C．its D．that
10．Mr. black isn’t here. He _________ to the library
A．has been to B．has gone to C．went to D．goes to
11．Our school is only a ________walk from here
A．five-minute B．five minute’s C．five minutes D．five-minutes
12．I think we should learn English words by ________English songs
A．speaking B．singing C．saying D．ing
13．As time __________,We know each other
A．goes by B．passing by C．went off D．going by
14．Mom asks John to stay at home rather than _________ out
A．go B．going C．to go D．goes
15．------What are you going to do this Saturday? ------I ________ yet
A．haven’t decided B．won’t decide C．am not decided D．didn’t decide
16.If there are ______ trees, the air in our city will be _______ cleaner.
A. less, more B. more, more C. more, much D. much, more
17. ------ I?m sorry I broken the window. -------I?m afraid you have to_____ it.
A. look for B. pay for C. cut up D. ask for
18 .What Tom did made his mother______.
A. be angry B. to be angry C. angry D. to angry
19. --- Why ______ come a little earlier ? --- All right.
A. don?t B. not you C. aren?t D. not
20----I feel tired and sleepy. -----Why not stop _______ ?
A resting B relaxed C to relax D relaxing
21. I don?t know _______ .
A. where he lives B. where does he live C .where did he live D. where he live
22 .If he _________ here next week, I ____there.
A.will come ,will to B. will come , to C. comes , will go D. comes , go
23 .The chair is broken. Please ________ who broke it.
A. look for B. find C. find out D. look at
24. As China grows stronger and stronger, Chinese _____ in more and more schools out of our country.
A. teaches B. is taught C. has taught D. was taught
25. .I ________ I ________ going to stay at home.
A. don?t think ,am B. not think ,am C.think,am not D.no think,am
26.Don?t plan _____ in downtown Singapore.
A. to drive to B.driving C.on driving D.on drive
27.Yangling with her classmates________ going to the Great Wall.
A. are B. is C. am D.be
28.Please_________ the old one away ,_______a new one here.
A.take,take B. bring,bring C.take,bring D.bring,take
29. _________ hard work it is to plant so many trees around the lake .
A. What a B. What C. What an D. how
30. Don?t worry . He is ______ to take care of little Betty
A.carefully enough B. enough careful C. careful enough D. enough carefully
Salads are very popular in western countries．They’re made from uncooked vegetables or fruits，and this makes them __31___．They are tasty too．Salads are great to eat in _32__ ，when the weather is hot．They are light and cool．Here’s a ways to make a _33__salad．First，buy some lettuces，tomatoes and __34___．Buy a salad dressing too．Next，wash the vegetables carefully．Then, ___35___ the vegetables and put them in a bowl．After that，add the dressing．Finally，mix the vegetables and the dressing up．And there you have your salad!
31． A．delicious B．colorful C．healthy
32． A．spring B．summer C．winter
33． A．vegetable B．fruit C．flower
34． A．pears B．carrots C．hamburgers
35． A．clean up B．mix up C．cut up
A door was locked．A big stone came and hit the door．But he couldn’t __36___ it．Later a key came．He __37___the lock and the door opened．The stone was very ___38___that the key could open it so easily．He asked the key：“__39___ did you do that?”The key__40____ him and said：“Because I understand its __41___．”
Life is just like this．_42__we want to solve a problem，we must understand it __43_．If we want to make friends with people we must understand __44_．If we want our parents to _45_us，we must first know their hearts．We must know what they hope for．
36． A．touch B．open C．reach
37． A．got out B．got to C．got in
38． A．worried B．thankful C．surprised
39． A．Why B．How C．When
40． A．smiled to B．talked about C．agreed with
41． A．problem B．work C．heart
42． A．If B．Because C．Although
43． A．first B．1ater C．finally
44． A．us B．others C．them
45． A．love B．understand C．remember
1.If you work hard,you will be ___________(success).
2. Those workers spent ten months _____________( build) that bridge
3. They often find it difficult ___________(learn ) English
4. Pollution is one of the most serious _______ in the world (problem)
5 .I had enough time_______(work) out that math problem
6.The doctor told me to give up _______ (smoke)
7.Iwant _______(play)the piano in the evening
8.We should stop_______(throw)about in public
9.The knife _______(use)to cut things
10.I think English is very _______( (help)to know about the world
1.I am very_______ (激动)to hear the new words
2 .To my ________ （吃惊）， she came back on time that morning.
5 .We had many interesting ____________(经历) while we were travelling in Beijing
8.The dog's ________(死亡)made us very sad.
15.How _________(担心)he is！
Ⅰ. A) 根据句意及首字母提示补全单词。（10分）
1. books for children to read.
2. ? He?s an important Chinese thinker.
3. Tom often s______ the Internet on weekends.
4. new places.
6. it is in the countryside!
7. story of ghosts.
8. you do, you should do it well.
9. This underground doesn?t go d
10. We shouldn?t take away others? things without p.
(talk) about Harry Potter.
12. — Where is Mr Green now? I haven?t seen him for a few days.
—(go) to Hong Kong.
13.You?d better _____ (not eat) too much meat. You are already overweight.
14. Titanic15. She doesn?t look like her mother. She (take) after her father.
(not be) late for school again.
19. We have to help (stand) up.
21. 汤姆的确在这场篮球赛中表现出色。Tom _________ in this basketball match.
22. 她喜欢能够一起舞起来的音乐。She likes music __________________.
24. 王叔叔教我们修自行车。Uncle Wang teaches us __________________.
25. 昨晚妈妈脸上露出了满意的笑容。Mother ________________ on her face last night.
26. 这幢建筑使我想起了我的母校。This building __________________.
27. 你对这部新影片有什么看法？What do you __________________ the new film?
28. 这顶帽子非常适合您，女士！This hat __________________, madam!
29. 导演正在为他的新影片寻找一位女演员。The director __________ for his new film.
30. 快，电影已经开演约十分钟了。Hurry up! The film _________ for about ten minutes.
1. － the football match? －Great!
A. How do you think of B. What do you think C. What do you like
2. This question is ___ easy, and all the students can answer the question.
A. too much B. too many C. much too
3. This book ______ Tom?s father?s, because his name is on the book.
A. must be B. must C. maybe
4. Who does this T-shirt belong ______?
A. in B. on C. to
5. We went to a beach a picnic.
A. on B. in C. for
6. He ______ be a history teacher.
A. used to B. be used to C. be use to
7. Please try ______ English if you want to learn English well.
A. practice B. to practice C. practicing
8. We should talk in English as ______ as possible.
A. much B. many C. more
9. What does “anxious” ______?
A. mean B. means C. meaning
10. I?d like to go with you, ______, my hands are full.
A. but B. otherwise C. however
11. He doesn?t ______ to be a scientist.
A. pretends B. pretend C. pretendly
12. The monkeys escaped ______ the zoo yesterday evening.
A. out B. of C. from
13. It is ______ of a problem to be poor than to be dishonest.
A. more B. little C. less
14. He ______ would do great things should not attempt them all alone.
A. whom B. who C. which
15. Tonny is afraid ______, because he has experienced an aeroplane crash.
A. fly B. of flying C. flying
16. I prefer watching TV to ______ music every day.
A. listen to B. listening C. listening to
17. Look at that girl ______ name is Lucy.
A. who B. whose C. which
18. You?ll be late you leave at once.
A. or B. unless C. if
19. I hate people ______ talk much but do little.
A. who B. that C. which
20. Do you know what ______?
A. his favorite song is B. is his favorite song C. his most favorite song is
21. I like the music that I can sing ______.
A. along and B. along with C. with D. along
22. I like this kind of music that I can dance ______.
A. to B. in C. along
23. The story reminded me ______ an experience I once had.
A. of B. to C. at
24. you do, you can?t change the situation.
A. whoever B. what ever C. whatever
25. Beijing is one of the ______ in the world today.
A. busiest city B. busiest cities C. busy cities
26. I mean ______ a class meeting on Monday afternoon.
A. have B. to have C. to having
27. Mary sings English songs well and ______.
A. Jane does too B. so does Jane C. so Jane does
28. I didn?t know ______.
A. where did he live B. where do he lives C. where he lived
29. What the boy said sounds ______.
A. reason B. reasonable C. reasonably
30. I feel my heart ______ fast now.
A. beated B. beating C. beat
31. I?d like to trek ______ the jungle.
A. through B. across C. over
32. －Why do the people decide ____ these days? —Because there?s not much to do.
A. not to visit B. visit C. not visiting
33. He felt doubtful about ______ the city.
A. to get around B. get around C. getting around
34. The travel agency offered him a hotel ______ 30 dollars every day.
A. / B. for C. to
35. My parents want to go ______ on vacation.
A. somewhere peaceful B. dangerous somewhere
C. somewhere boring D. fascinating somewhere
36. They ______ all over the country. So they plan ____ some other country.
A. have traveled, visit B. traveled, to visit C. have traveled, to travel
37. I made a around the beautiful island last summer.
A. tour B. touristy C. tourism
38. Scientists are now working ______ humanoids (类人动物), because they can help people a lot.
A. on B. against C. into
39. Some robots are ______ to do the same things ______ people.
A. enough smart; as B. enough smart; with C. smart enough; as
40. ______ would you like to live in?
A. Where B. Which city C. When
41. Albert found the key. I lost the key yesterday.（合成一句）
42. She is the tallest girl in her class. She can play the violin.（合成一句）
43. Where is the beautiful picture? You bought it last week.（合成一句）
44. We are looking for the nurse. She looked after my little sister.（合成一句）
45. She was ill, but she still went on working.（改为同义句）
______ she was ill, she still went on working.
46. The mother told her son, “Don?t read in bed.”（改为简单句）
The mother ______ her son ______ ______ read in the bed.
47. They prefer this kind of fruit to that kind.（改为同义句）
They ______ this kind of fruit ______ ______ that kind. （对划线部分提问）
49. How about the book?（改为同义句）What do you ______ ______ the book?
50. I didn?t know how I could repair the bike.（改为简单句）
I didn?t know ______ ______ repair the bike.
A friend of mine named Paul received an expensive car from his brother as a Christmas present. On Christmas Eve when Paul came out of his office, a street urchin (顽童) was walking around the shining car. “Is this your car, Paul?” he asked.
Paul answered, “Yes, my brother gave it to me for Christmas.” The boy was surprised. “You mean your brother gave it to you and it cost you nothing? Boy, I wish…” He hesitated (犹豫).
Of course Paul knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the boy said surprised Paul greatly.
“I wish,” the boy went on, “that I could be a brother like that.” Paul looked at the boy in surprise, and then he said again, “Would you like to take a ride in my car?”
“Oh yes, I?d love that.”
After a short ride, the boy turned around with his eyes shining, said, “Paul, would you mind driving in front of my house?”
Paul smiled a little. He thought he knew what the boy wanted. He wanted to show his neighbors that he could ride home in a big car. But Paul was wrong again. “Will you stop where those two steps are?” the boy asked. He ran up to the steps. Then in a short while Paul heard him coming back, but he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled (残疾的) brother. He sat him down on the step and pointed to the car.
“There he is, Buddy, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Christmas and it didn?t cost him a cent. And some day I?m going to give you one just like it…then you can see for yourself all the nice things in the Christmas windows that I?ve been trying to tell you about.”
Paul got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed elder brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began an unforgettable holiday ride.
1. The street urchin was very surprised when ________.
A. Paul told him about the car B. he was walking around the car
C. he saw the shining car
2. From the story we can see the urchin ________.
A. wished to give his brother a car B. wanted Paul?s brother to give him a car
C. wished he could have a brother like Paul?s
3. The urchin asked Paul to stop his car in front of his house ________.
A. to show his neighbors the big car B. to show he had a rich friend
C. to tell his brother about his wish
4. We can infer(推断) from the story that ________.
A. Paul couldn?t understand the urchin B. the urchin had a deep love for his brother
C. the urchin wished to have a rich brother
5. The best name of the name story is _________.
A. A Christmas Present B. A Street Urchin C. A Brother Like That
The idea of what shaking the head means is not always the same in different countries. Maybe some visitors would be surprised when they first came to India. When talking to an Indian, he would often shake his head. The visitors might think that the Indian did not like what they said. But, in fact, they would be completely wrong.
Indians always shake their heads when they talk to each other. It does not have the same meaning as “No”. If someone wants to visit India, he should know this, or it will give him some trouble.
One day, a foreign officer went to India on business. He hired a car and an Indian to drive it. When he told his driver to send him to his office, the Indian shook his head at once. The officer said again, and the driver shook
his head again. At last, the officer, of course, got angry.
“How dare you refuse my order?” he shouted. “Drive me to my office at once!”
The driver answered in quite loud voice, too. “Yes, sir!” But to the officer?s surprise, the driver shook his head at the same time.
The car started, and the foreign officer was now too surprised to say a word. He thought about it for a while, and then he nodded with a smile, “?No? means ?Yes? here!”
6. An Indian would shake his head when ______.
A. he didn?t want to do anything B. he agreed with others C. he talked to others
7. The foreign officer was surprised that ______.
A. the driver could not understand him B. the driver refused his order
C. the driver shook his head as he said “Yes”
8. The sentence “?No? mean ?Yes? here!” means ______.
A. in India the words Yes and No have the same meaning
B. Indians don?t say “No” when they don?t agree with each other
C. We shake our heads to say “No”, not “Yes” as Indians do
9. What do Indians often do when they talk?
A. Smile. B. Shake their heads. C. Bow to each other.
10. Which of the following sentences is NOT true?
A. Shaking the head doesn?t always have the same meaning in different countries.
B. When an India shakes his head, he really means Yes.
C. In India shaking the head means No.
II. 过关斩将。 15%
( )1. There?s _______ ad for this kind of camera in the newspaper.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
( )2. _________ ads can lead you to buy something you don?t need at all.
A. On time B. In time C. Some time D. At times
( )3. —What would you like，tea of coffee？ —Tea，please. I prefer tea ___coffee.
A. to B. for C. with D. than
( )4. The dog rushed to the nearest village _______it could get someone to help his dying owner there.
A. where B. which C. that D. so that
( )5. It is not _______whether you fail or succeed in the game. The point is that you take part in it and enjoy it.
A. necessary B. important C. true D. right
( )6. What do you the pollution around us?
A. feel of B. think of C. feel about D. think
( )7. ---- Can I help you? ---- Yes, I want to buy something _______ my silky skin.
A. for B. of C. about D.with
( )8. The low ceiling of the house make people ________. I don?t like living here.
A. energetic B. comfortable C. stress out D. stressed out
( )9. Tom and Mary were saved, but _______ in the classroom died in the fire.
A. the others B. other C. another D. the other
( )10. ----Do you think wearing glasses _____ me _____ smart? ----Yes, I think so.
A. make; look B. makes; looks C. makes; look D. make; to look
( )11. Suppose your teacher couldn?t come, who ________ his plane?
A. took B. will take C. would take D. takes
( )12. After school I found Mother was in bed sick. _______ Mother was ill, I should do something for her.
A. So B. Though C. As D. If
( )13. ---- Didn?t you ask him not to worried about the exam any more?
---- Yes, I did it many times. The problem is ______he won?t listen to anyone.
A. that B. whether C. if D. which
( )14. I don?t think ads are very useful, _________?
A. do I B. aren?t they C. are they D. do they -
( )15. --Lily! You are so special that you seem different from other girls.
---Everyone in the world is different. So, just _______! It?s the best way of life.
A. enjoy yourself B. be yourself C. help yourself D. take care of yourself
III. 火眼金睛。15% 28
like new people when we get to know them .
There?s more good news for people who have friends . They live longer than people who don?t . Why ? ( )1. A. look B. watch C. feel D. see
( )2.A.It B. He C. There D. Someone
( )3.A.Hardly B. Nearly C. Suddenly D. Certainly
( )4.A.alone B .away C. all over D. around
( )5.A.ever B. never C. just D. really
( )6.A.friendly B .kind C. just the same D. quite different
( )7.A.always B. sometimes C. often D. usually
( )8.A.that B. whether C. how D. why
( )9.A.friendly B. good C. pleased D. friends
( )10.A.angry B. sad C. happy D. alone
( )11.A.call B. ask C. tell D. talk with
( )12.A.look for B. find C. make D. know
( )13.A.how often B. how long C. how many D. how much
( )14.A.happier B. stronger C. kinder D. richer
( )15.A.less B. better C .little D. no
1. He graduated from the History Department of a university. So he has a lot of k_________ about the world?s history.
2. Have you tried the new shampoo? It makes my hair the s________ it?s ever been.
3. Do you believe all the a__________ you see? Some of the information is confusing..
4. I hate tests because they make me t_________.
5. It?s hard to find out the t_______ because he is always telling a lie.
6. The ________（光线）in the park is very bright, so it would be safe at night.
7. Government try to protect some ________（即将灭绝的）animal such tigers and pandas.
8. When we shop on line, good-sound words sometimes m ______ （误导）us.
9. The food in this restaurant was expensive, but the _______ （服务）is really good.
10. Tom heard the young children _________（喊）for help. So he called the police.
an hour every day to take the gum off chairs and tables. People have chewed gum for a long time. Scientists in Sweden found a piece of chewing gum that is 9,000 years old. It had the tooth marks of a teenager on it ! but modern chewing gum was first made _____1870. Thomas Adams, an _____, got some liquid from a tree in Mexico. He wanted to make rubber, but ____ he found a way to make chewing gum. Adams?s gum was a big success. And soon other people began to make gum. In 1892, William Wrigley started to make gum. He sent pieces of gum to listed people in the US. phone books. People began to chew his gum, and he became one of _____ people in the USA. Today the Wrigley company makes one billion sticks of gum a year. ______ chew more than 90,000 tons of gum every year. Teenagers between 12 to 14 years old chew about 40 percent more of the gum than people in other states. Some people aren?t _____ about this much gum. People who worked at the Statue of Liberty thought there was too much gum ______ up, so they put in a trash can. The trash can had a sign over it. “ Put your gum here.” Many people put their gum on the ______!
I . I have____ (feed) my cat, so it is full now.
2. He used his car _____ (most) for sightseeing.
3. He hasn?t _____ (finish) ______ (read) Harry Potter yet.
4. We needn?t go in such a hurry. We still have thirty minutes _______ (leave).
5. I need to ______ (clean) my cupboard. I never use the things in for hours.
1. It sounds like you guys are o_____ your way.
2. They are going to a_____ on TV next month.
3. Be sure not to m______ the New Ocean Waves if they come to a city near you.
4. I like music, so I often go to a c________ with my family.
5. It is really a p_________ experience. I consider it a t______ point in my life.
III . 根据汉语提示,完成下列句子。（横线处不限词数）
1. 你给花浇水了吗? _________________________________________________?
I have many chores __________ today. So I can not _____________ with you.
3.请点着火,该做晚饭了。Please __________________. It is time _______________.
4.----- 李雷,你好!能和我一起去拜访马力吗? ----- 我很想去,但恐怕现在我得去遛狗。
----- Hi, Li Lei! Would you like to _________ Ma Li with me?
----- I’d like to. But I have to _______________________________。
Mary _______________ a village. She ______________ from the well every day.
She is a shy girl, so she is afraid ______________________________________.
9. 我渴了,我感觉想喝杯水。I am thirsty. I feel like ________________________.
1. Please go to the station to _______ when the train to Beijing starts to leave.
A. find for B. look for C. find out D. find
2. Mr. Green is rich. He ______ his dog ______ meat.
A. feed, on B. feeds, on C. give, to D. feeds, for
3. ________ have you been in China?
A. How long B. How often C. How soon D. How far
4. He does business in Shanghai. He ____________ Shanghai the day after tomorrow.
A. leaves for B. is leaving for C. left to D. is leaving to
5. He _______ carefully but he could not ________ his teacher clearly.
A. heard, listen B. listen, hear C. listened, hear D. heard, listened
6. He kissed his wife and then ______ goodbye ______ her when he left home.
A. say, to B. said, to C. spoke, to D. said, with
7. We need friends to ________, or we will feel ________.
A. chat, alone B. chat with, lonely C. speak, lonely D. talk with, alone
8. Mike is _______ honest man. I __________ him.
A. an, believe on B. a , believe in C. an, believe in D. the, believe
9. This story ______ tells us how Bill Gates becomes successful.
A. mostly B. mainly C. most D. Both A and B
10. Many students have never been to China before and _________ any Chinese.
A. could hardly say B. can hardly talk C. can hard speak D. can hardly speak
Have you ever planted a few trees on Tree Planting Day? Each year, millions of people, both 1.__, plant a lot of trees. But this may not be the best way to make your home a 2.__ place.
Last week we visited a park in Hebei. We were 3._____ to find most of the trees had been burned. The workers told us that the trees 4._____ soon after they were planted because they weren?t watered well enough.
5._____ workers burned them and cleaned the place for 6._____ trees to be planted this year. 7.______ a card found in one of the dead trees, a student wrote,” I hope this tree will grow up with me to 8.______ the backbone (栋梁) of our country.” The workers said that the survival(存活) of the trees was really more important than 9.______ trees were planted.
Some people in Beijing now have a new idea that they can donate (捐赠) some money and let professional (专业人士) plant and 10.______ the trees.
1. A. students and teachers B. old and young C. boys and girls D. mother and father
2. A. smaller B. colder C. warmer D. larger
3. A. pleased B. happy C. interesting D. surprised
4. A. died B. grew C. bought D. planted
5. A. Though B. When C. Because D. So
6. A. few B. old C. new D. dead
7. A. Over B. From C. On D. About
8. A. need B. hold C. plant D. be
9. A. how many B. when C. how soon D. why
10. A. take out B. take down C. take up D. take care of
1. I c _____________for a long time with my grandfather on the phone yesterday.
2. Be o _____________the lake. It’s too dangerous.
3. When my grandfather was a kid, he had to get up at 5 am and c ______wood and l _________the fire for breakfast.
4. They gave the money to a charity for h__________ children.
5. My aunt owns a farm and she has many animals to f_____________.
6. Some people often go to places of interest for s_____________.
7. He has parked his car in the g_____________.
8. Please p _____________everything necessary before you travel.
9. The new bathing s _____________on you is really cheap and beautiful.
10. R _____________are used for keeping food fresh.
( )1. I have_____________things to do.
A. too much B. much too C. so much D. so many
( )2. —Have you finished your homework ____? —Not___. I’ll need another hour.
A. already; already B. ever; already C. yet; already D. yet; yet
( )3. —Look! There is no grass and no soil in_____this area. What a sad_____!
—Yes, we have to do something to change it.
A. situation B. show C. scene D. chore
( )4. —Could you talk about _____________? —Sure. I’d love to.
A. other something B. else something C. something else D. everything else
( )5. —May I speak to Dave, please? —Sorry. He’s_________England.
A. gone to B. gone in C. been to D. been in
( )6. —Did your father smoke a lot? —No, he didn’t. But he______that.
A. used to do B. used to doing C. was used to do D. was used to doing
( )7. —___to turn off all lights before you ___leave the office. —I won’t forget, Ms Si.
A. Until B. Be sure C. Because D. Though
( )8. —I missed the wonderful football match ______last night. —_______.
A. Don’t worry B. It’s nothing C. What a pity D. Don’t say that
1. She went to Beijing yesterday. (already)
She____________ ______________ to Beijing already.
2. Did he do anything today? (yet) ___________he__________anything___________ ?
3. We saw each other two days ago. (since)
We______________ ____________ each other___________two days___________ .
4. What is he doing now?(these days)
What_____________he____________ _____________ these days?
1. Have you packed the b_____________ suits? We are going to swim in the river.
2. We use t_____________ to wash our faces every day.
3. How long have you been a m_____________ of the club?
4. C_____________ wood is hard work. Most girls can’t do it well.
5. She b_____________getting plenty of exercise is good for her health.
6. A famous singer will a_____________ on TV tonight.
7. People drove a w_____________ to water the crops.
8. Who is playing the l_____________ in the TV play?
9. Li Bai was famous for his p_____________.
10. He’s looking f_____________ to his birthday present.
1. believe in____________________________________________________
2. so far________________________________________________________
3. the number of_________________________________________________
4. be off________________________________________________________
5. thanks to_____________________________________________________
( )1. In the last two years, they_____________three_____________major concerts.
A. have made B. had had C. made D. have
( )2. They are_____________a great start.
A. to off B. off to C. away to D. out to
( )3. Do I need_____________the room now?
A. to be clean B. clean C. to clean D. cleaning
( )4. He wanted to_____________a trip to Europe, but_____________he failed.
A. break B. fight C. hit D. win
( )5. Mike! Please_____________your drawer. It’s_____________very dirty.
A. clean out B. make out C. go out D. get out
( )6. How I wish I could fly to the moon_____________ !
A. some days B. some day C. sometimes D. some times
( )7. He____ to Beijing in 2000 and he______ there for more than eight years.
A. went; has gone B. has gone; has been C. went; has been D. has been; has gone
( )8. Ms Si has taught in this school___________________1997.
A. from B. after C. in D. since
( )9. It was a_____________sight. We were all__________to tears.
A. moved; moved B. moving; moved C. moved; moving D. moving; moving
( )10. She was the last person to . She wanted to find someone to .
A. leave; talk with B. leave for; talk with C. leave; talk D. leave for; talk
A. Is the dam beginning to work? B. But I haven’t been there yet.
C. Don’t worry D. Is it hard to build the dam?
E. Where have you been? F. It’s reported that it has changed a lot.
G. We’ll see a new Three Gorges then.
Laura: Hi, Wu Jing! Haven’t seen you for a long time! __________________ (1)
Wu Jing: I’ve just been to the Three Gorges(三峡).
Laura: Really? __________________(2)
Wu Jing: Right. As you know, we’ve built a great dam(坝) across the Changjiang River.
Wu Jing: Yes, the dam is stopping water these days. And the water is rising 2 meters every day until it is 135 meters high.
Laura: Oh, no wonder(难怪) it’s said that the beautiful scenery of Kuimen will be under water. What a pity! Wu Jing: __________________(4) It has been copied in another place with some other places of interest. Laura: Great! I want to go to the Three Gorges this summer. Would you like to go there with me again? Wu Jing: I’d love to! __________________(5)
Step Ⅲ Ⅰ. 根据句意用下列各题空格内所给单词的适当形式填空。
1. Robert is a Chinese Canadian. He ________(live)in Canada for 15 years.
2. We often watch Mr. Wang _____(water) the flowers in his garden in the afternoon.
3. I’m looking forward to ________(go) to the countryside to see my grandparents during the winter vacation.
4. He decided to go for a trip in ________(south) China.
5. Every year, thousands of overseas Chinese students came to China to look for their ________ (family) roots. Ⅱ. 根据括号内汉语提示完成句子。
1. _________________ (到目前为至), the organization has been founded for 30 years.
_ (两星期的) trip.
3. Do you know __________________ (他是谁)?
4. Hurry up! The flight ________________ (即将离开) in half an hour.
5. I plan to _____________(彻底打扫) my bedroom this weekend.
Jean is an overseas Chinese who lives in England. She ________(tell) that Guangzhou is her ancestors’ homeland when she was 12 years old. Since then, she ________(look) forward to getting a chance to visit Guangzhou.
In July, 2008, she was lucky enough to take part in the In Search of Roots summer camp program which ________(organize) by the local government of Guangdong province.
After five hours’ flight, Jean and her family ________(get) to Guangzhou Airport. Then they took a taxi to their ancestors’ village. During the following two-week camp, they enjoyed themselves because people in their ancestors’ village were very friendly and helpful. They said that they ________(come) back to visit them next year if they got a chance again.
（）1. Don’t forget _______ the lights when you______leave the classroom.
A. to turn off B. to turn on C. turning off D. turning on
（）2. We have worked for three hours. Now let’s stop____________ a rest.
A. had B. have C. to have D. having
（）3. —Where is Mr. Allen?
—He ___ America on business. He___ ___ back in a month.
A. has gone to; comes B. has been to;will be
C. has gone to; will be D. has been to; will come
（）4. Mrs. Smith is ________ woman._____________
A. a eighty-year-old B. an eighty-year-old C. an eighty-years-old D. a eighty-years-old
（）5.—Do you still remember _______ me _______somewhere in Shanghai?
—Yes, of course. Two years ago.
A. to see B. see C. seeing D. saw
Ⅱ. Have you ever planted a few trees on Tree Planting Day? Each year, millions of people, both ______(1), plant a lot of trees. But this may not be the best way to make your home a ______(2)place.
Last week we visited a park in Hebei. We were ______(3) to find most of the trees had been burned. The workers told us that the trees ______(4) soon after they were planted because they weren’t watered well enough. _______(5) workers burned them and cleaned the place for _______(6) trees to be planted this year. ______(7) a card found in one of the dead trees, a student wrote,“ I hope this tree will grow up with me to ______(8) the backbone (栋梁) of our country.” The workers said that the survival(存活) of the trees was really more important than _______(9) trees were planted.
Some people in Beijing now have a new idea that they can donate (捐赠) some money and let professionals (专业人士) plant and ______(10) the trees.
()1. A. students and teachers B. old and young C. boys and girls D. mother and father
()2. A. smaller B. colder C. nicer D. larger
()3. A. pleased B. happy C. interesting D. surprised
()4. A. died B. grew C. bought D. planted
( )5. A. Though B. When C. Because D. So
( )6. A. few B. old C. new D. dead
( )7. A. Over B. From C. On D. About
( )8. A. need B. hold C. plant D. be
( )9. A. how many B. when C. how soon D. why
( )10. A. take out B. take down C. take up D. take care of
1．Kangaroos are ______ (play) and chimpanzees are _____ (noise).
2. I was ____ (surprise) to find hardly anyone in the zoo.
3. Visiting zoos are like ____ (live) textbooks for young people.
4. He ____ (use) to be ____ (call) “Little Tiger”.
5. Liu Xiang’s success is an ____（inspire）to us all
二（ ）1.My jacket has ____ color ____ yours, but mine is bigger than yours.
A. the same, as B. same , as C. different, from D. the same, to
（ ）2. Wang Mei ____ her mother because she is beautiful and intelligent.
A. look .B liked C. is like D. look like
（ ）3. The teacher _____ to Li Lei,“You ____ very good English.”
A. say, speak B. talk, say C. speak, talk D. said, speak
（ ）4. President Bush ____ a visit ____ China last month.
A. pay, in B. paid, to C. gave, in D. paid, for
（ ） 5.There will not be enough space to _____ the earth in the future.
A. live on B. live in C. live on in D. live in on
（ ）6.At last, Lucy make the baby ____ and the baby began to laugh.
A. stop crying B. to stop crying C. stop to say D. to stop to cry
( ) 7. Do you ____ a cat ____ a pet at home?
A. have , as B. keep, for C. keep, as D. Both A and C
( ) 8. The president _____ all people _____ our environment.
A. urge, protect B. urged, to protect C. urges, protect D. urged, protect
( ) 9. I feel that the zoo ____ a clean and safe place ____ animals .
A. provide, for B. gives, for C. provides, for D. provides, to
( ) 10.I think the environment is really important. ____, I like ____ my bike.
A. Beside, riding B. Besides, riding C. Except, to ride D. Except, riding
1这个教室有10米长，6米宽。The classroom is ______________________.
2她很有耐性,非常适合教学生。She is very patient and she is __________________.
3. 这条河不像过去那样干净了。The river _____________ it ________________.
4. 妈妈在上班的路上看到了我的英语老师。My mother saw my English teacher______.
5. 他的腿坏了，几乎不能移动。His leg is broken and he can _____________________.
6. 你同意我说的话吗？Do you _______________________________________?
7. 我们应该爱护动物，关爱地球。We should _____ animals and _________ the earth.
8. 离开房间时不要忘记关灯。Don?t forget _____________ when you leave the room.
________________ is easy. But it is very important for protecting the environment.
You?d better ______________________ when you wash your hair.
I live in a beautiful city. Many visitors come to my city. There are so many colorful peacocks(孔雀) here.
The peacocks mostly live on the grass land of Dongfeng Square. They are given food freely by visitors. They usually throw food to them, and don?t think about at all whether the food is right or not. Some of the peacocks became ill, some even died after eating the bad food given by the visitors.
I?m sure most of the visitors who throw food to the peacocks really like the birds, but don?t realize that they may be doing them harm.
The visitors should be told that what they have done is very harmful to the birds, and this kind of thing must be stopped from happening.
Perhaps we can build some small shops beside Dongfeng Square to sell peacock food. For us every person, it is our duty to give more love to these beautiful birds and to look after them carefully.
( ) 1.Many visitors came to the writer?s city to _______.
A. do some shopping B. see beautiful peacocks
C. threw them some bad food D. eat nice food
( ) 2. Some peacocks became ill and died because some visitors ________.
A. didn?t give them any food B. gave them too much food
C. threw them some bad food D. loved them and played with them
( ) 3. Some shops can be built beside Dongfeng Square so that they may ____________.
A. sell food for visitors B. sell food for peacocks
C. make the square more beautiful D. have the beautiful birds
( )4. From the passage we know people should _________.
A. live and play with the birds B. stop the birds from eating too much
C.give right food to the birds D. give more food to the birds
( ) 5. We can guess the writer of the letter, Sun Yan,may be a ________.
A. visitor B. shopkeeper C. square keeper D. student
Today Newtown is a very clean place. Many years ago, however, there were millions of rats(老鼠) in Newtown. They attacked the cats and dogs. Sometimes a great number of them knocked down a man or woman walking home at night. The rats were very large and they harmed many people.
The Government (**)ordered everybody to kill rats. Most people were very lazy, so they did not kill them. Then the Government promised to pay some money for each dead rat. That made people very happy. A Government officer put all the dead rats in a big pile. Sometimes a man brought hundreds in a day.
After two weeks there were not many rats in the city, but people still brought rats to the Government officer. The Government officer thought that people were stealing dead rats from the pile. He ordered his men to dig a deep hole and put the rats in it. Soon there were no more rats, and the Government did not pay any more money.
（ ）6. The underlined phrase “A great number of”means ＿＿＿＿＿．
A. a great deal B. a good many of C. a great amount of D. a good much of
（ ）7. According to(根据) the passage, which of the following is true?
A. In Newtown, anyone who was riding home at night could be knocked down by rats.
B. In Newtown, anyone who was at home at night could be knocked could be knocked down by rats.
C. In Newtown, anyone who was going home on foot at night could be knocked down by rats.
D. No matter when the people in Newtown were walking home, they could be knocked down by rats. （ ）8. Why were the people stealing the rats from the pile?
A. Because they thought the dead rats should be put in a deep hole.
B. Because they thought it was a good way to get more money from the Government.
C. Because they thought they were not lazy.
D. Because they thought they were all poor and were forced to do so.
（ ）9. Which of the following is the correct one?
A. The officer ordered his men to dig a deep hole and put the dead rats in it just only to save money for the Government.
B. Soon the Government did not pay any more money, and there were no more rats.
C. The officer wanted to teach the lazy people a lesson, so he ordered his men to put the dead rats in deep hole.
D. The officer and his men put the dead rats in a deep hole in order to prevent the dead rats from being stolen and get rid of all the rats in the city.
（ ）10.The best title (标题) for this passage should be _______.
A. How Newtown became a very clean place B. How the people in Newtown became rich
C. How to dill rats in a city D. Newtown --- a rat city
I. 1. frustrating 2. memorize 3. aloud 4. pronounce 5. solution 6. not at all 7. end up doing sth 8. make mistakes 9. be afraid to 10. native speaker
11. laugh at sb 12. take notes 13. enjoy doing sth 14. make up
1. How do you study for a test ?
2. I study by listening to cassettes .
3. Do you learn English by reading aloud ?
4. You should find a pen pal .
5. I can?t memorize a lot of new words.
A. 1. D 2. C 3. B 4. A
B. 1. D 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. C
一、A. 容貌外表 3 5 9 10 12
B. 生活习惯 2 4 7 11 15
C. 活动爱好 1 6 8 13 14
二、1. c 2. a 3. d 4. b 5.e
三、1. C 2. B 3. B 4. B 5. C 6. D 7. B 8.A 9. B 10.D
四、2. He used to play football
3. She used to be a taxi driver.
4. They used to live in the country.
5. He used to wear glasses.
6. This building used to be new.
五、3. used to 4. used to 5. go to work
6. used to eat 7. watches 8. used to live
9. get 10. did…use to play
六、1. used to 2. used to 3. anymore
4. used to 5. anymore 6. anymore
7. anymore 8. used to 9. anymore
10. used to 11. anymore
七、1. isn?t anymore 2. still is 3. Does he still wear
4. Does he still play 5. doesn?t play 6. anymore
7. Does she still 8. doesn?t have 9. anymore
10. is still 11. still has 12. still does
13. still does
八、She always used to go dancing on weekends, but now she stays home on weekends; She often used to go out to eat, but now she cooks dinner every day. She doesn?t read novels anymore.
She sometimes help kids with homework. She still goes to the beach.
1.B 2.C 3.C 4.A 5.A 6.C 7.A 8.C 9.C 10.C 11.C 12.C 13.C 14.D 15.C 16.C 17.B 18.C 19.D 20.D
1.B 2.D 3.A 4.B 5.C 6.A 7.D 8.C 9.C 10.B
interesting 2.kitchen 3.aliens 4.bought 5.experience 6.shouted 7.scary 8.were 9.imagine 10. crowded 句型转换(10分)
1.Where was 2.What were doing 3.happened to Tom 4.too to
1.were doing was watching 2.was walking met 3.bought 4.was shouting
5.called 6.was working 7.teaching 8.were doing
always 2.well 3.sure 4. agreed 5.both 6.Nobody 7.people?s 8. behind 9.stopped 10. carefully
一、1－5 BCBAC 6－10 ACDBD 11－15 DBDAC 16－20 ABACD
二、1. was sent 2. were grown , sold
3. will help 4. can be borrowed
5. was heard 6. saved , was saved
7. was sent for 8. are made , Does …make
9. were bought 10. Is …made
三、2. The house was painted last month.
3. Three people were injured in the accident.
4. My bicycle was stolen a few days ago.
5. When was this bridge built.
6. Were you invited to the party last week ?
7. How were these windows broken ?
8. I wasn?t woken up by the noise.
四. 2. Football is played in most …
3. Why was the letter sent to …
4. where cars are repaired
5. Where were you born?
6. How many languages are spoken …
7. …but nothing was stolen.
8. When was the bicycle invented ?
五、1. is cleaned 2. was given to 3. can be spoken 4. has been learned 5. will be published
一、1. 医学研究 2. 长青春痘 3. win the lottery 4. let sb. down
5. plenty of 6. introduce oneself 7. 未经允许 8. would rather…than… 9. speak in public 10. get nervous
二、1-5 DBCBA 6-10 DCDBA 11-15 BBACC
三、1. GIK 2. CEJ 3. ABDH
四、T F T F T T F T
六、1-8 A D B D D C A B
七、1-5 CBDCB 6. don?t work 7. people could have longer time to enjoy life/ work for the society …there would be more people on the earth and less room left.
一、1. 选C。问句中的can询问“能力”的问句意为“你能在河里游泳吗？”如果能，则答Yes, I can；如果不能，则答No, I can?t此题选Ｃ。
2. 选A。May开头的问句是“请求许可”的问句意为“我可以现在去游泳吗？”如果允许，答句是Yes, you may。如果不允许，答句是No, you can?t。如果表示“强烈的”不允许，“决不能”，则答句是No, you mustn?t。此题意为“现在”你“决不能”去游泳，应该先完成作业。因此选Ａ。
10. 选A。must be与may be 都表示推测，must be表示“一定是、准是”；may be 表示“可能是”，相比之下must be 的把握性更大些。
二、(1)is taking (2)doesn't rain (3)has made (4)cleaning (5)was built
I. 1. 去度假 2. 在丛林中跋涉 3. （将来）某一天
4. 购物的好去处 5. 打算做…… 6. all year round
7. take it easy 8. get around 9. provide sb. with…
10. get bored 11.in general 12. come true 13. as soon as possible
II. 1. D 2. D 3. B 4. B 5. A
6. D 7. D 8. A 9. A 10. B
11. D 12. A 13. D 14. B 15. C
III. 1. friendly 2. exciting 3. give, suggestions 4. to drink
5. have 6. studying 7. staying 8. are not allowed
IV. 1. Have, seen, my, anywhere 2. Don?t, do
3. where, is 4. Where, would, like
5. to, visit 6. what, else
VI. 1. to, take, somewhere, in, of 2. It, takes, him, to, help, with 3. not, get, around
4. go , on, vacation 5. plan, on, playing, much, to , do 6. hope, to, go, some, day
VII. 1. C 2. B 3. A 4. D 5. C 6. B 7. B 8. D 9. C 10. A
VIII. 1. D 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A
一、1.hungry 2.put 3.veterinaran 4.repairing 5.solve 6.sign 7.weelchair 8.complain 9.simlar
二、1—5. ABCBD 6—10. BBDCA
三、1.It is 2.be worried 3.How do 4.were playing 5.Did, have/find 6.takes after 7.What did 8.Do, need 9.Would, like 10.How long
四、1.to cheer him up 2.write them down 3.handed out advertisements 4.not only, but also 5.give them away 6.tries to pass the exam 7.that has just left 8.who can believe 9.has a disease, does anything about
10.to deal with
1. difference cutting widely first was locked Americans Travellers clearly largest world?s useful
3. used keeping warm the largest number of people someone else Alone of his family made
4. are grown are used are written is made of is made
5. is made of metal used for cooking can?t afford is spoken Canada more and more interested Oranges grow in
1--5 ADBBD 6--10 CCABA 11--15 ADCCB 16--20 BADDC
(A) EABDC (B) 1. invented, inventor 2. western 3. exhausted 4. married 5. ending
1--5 DACBA 6---10 CABDB
(A) EDACB (B) CCBBC (C) BCACA
1. was invented by 2. you can 3. When did begin 4, hadn't read any, yet
5. what a modest 6. unless, or, will 7. to be
1. friendly 2. children 3. strange4, size 5. yours 6. almost 7. made
8. leave 9. thirty 10. exercise
一．1,百货商店 2,Furniture store 3,水滑道 4,No longer 5,闲荡
6,Buy/get a dictionary 7,到达 8,Listening 9,打扮 10,on the beach
二．1.Excuse me, get a dictionary 2.Take,to
3.where I can exchange money 4.isn?t fresh, crowded , prefer being
5.goes to the mall , spends too much money 6.does , hang out
7.there`s a good place to eat 8.for , take a vacation
9,free concerts 10,how to get to
11,if there are any public, around here
一、A. 1.mostly 2.death 3.comfortable 4.gradually 5.successful
B. 1.custom 2.rude 3.greeted 4.experiments 5.compliment
C. 1.supposed 2.smoking 3.living 4.bowed 5.to understand 6.have been
二、1.It?s dress 2.instead 3.Keep closed 4.without having 5.spent riding
6.given up because 7. an eight-year-old
三、1-5BBCAD 6-10CCDCB 11-15CCCAC
五、1-5CCBDA 6-10 ACDBA
六、1.needs help, get into trouble 2.drop by, as long as
3.are you supposed to wear 4.look down, used to be
5.bad manners, laugh at 6.crowd around, send him to
III. 1. compliments 2. drop 3. military 4. sacrifices 5. manners
IV. 1. to send 2. working 3. to de corate 4. not to play 5. to buy 6. plant
V. 1. used; to build 2. to keep himself, busy 3. not to watch 4. Are; supposed to
5. give up 6. not to open
VI. ( 1 ) for ( 2 ) need ( 3 ) take ( 4 ) forgot (5)bring
(6)because (7)about (8)lend (9)wait ( 10 ) while
VII1 1.B 2. strike 3. C 4. C 5. C
一，单项题：1-5BCDCC 6-10 ACABB 11-15ABAAA 16-20 CBCDC 21-25ACCBA 26-30CBCBC 二，完形填空31-35CBABC 35-40 BCCBA 41-45CAACB
三，阅读理解46-50 ABBBD 51-55 DBABC 56-60 ADBAD 61-65 DADCB
四，用所给词的适当形式填空.1 successful. 2.Building 3To learn .4.problems 5.to work 6 smoking 7 to play 8
throwing 9 .is used 10 .helpful
五，根据句意和汉语提示填空.1.excited 2.surprise 3.experiences 4.death 5.worried
Ⅰ.A)1. educational 2. Confucius 3. surfs 4. explore 5. fascinating
6. peaceful 7. thrilling 8. Whatever 9. downtown 10. permission
B) 11. are talking 12. has gone 13. not eat 14. have seen 15. takes
16. finishing 17. not to be 18. reach 19. clean 20. stood
C) 21. does have done a good job
22. that she can dance to
23. I haven?t heard from my Australian pen pal for a month.
24. to repair bikes
25. had a satisfied smile
26. reminds me of my mother school
27. think of
28. suits you very much/ well
29. is looking for an actress
30. has been on
1—5 BCACC 6—10 ABAAC 11—15 BCCBB 16—20 CBBAA 21—25 BAACB 26—30 BBCBB 31—35 AACBA 36—40 CAACB
41. Albert found the key which/that I lost yesterday.
42. She, who can play the violin, is the tallest girl in her class.
43. Where is the beautiful picture which/that you bought last week?
44. We are looking for the nurse who looked after my little sister.
46. told; not to
47. like; better than
48. What have they just had?
49. think of
50. how to
阅读专练 1—5 AACBC 6—10 BCCBC
I. 1-6 B B C A C 6-10 B C B A C 11-15 A B C A B
II. 过关斩将。1-5 BDADB 6-10 BADAC 11-15 CCACB
III. 火眼金睛。1-5BADDB 6-10 CBADB 11-15 ACDAB
1-5 knowledge, shiniest, advertisements, tense, truth
6-10 lighting, endangered, mislead, service, shouting
1-5 hate, takes, around, inventor, instead 6-10 the richest, Americans, happy, to clean, sign
1. 1. fed 2. mostly 3. finished reading 4. left 5. clean
II. 1. on 2. appear 3. miss 4. concert 5. powerful turning
1. Have you watered the flowers 2. to do go to the movie 3.light the fire to cook supper
4. visit，take my dog for a walk 5. lives in has to collect water 6.Who is your favorite film star 7. to sing in front of other people 8. They can not wait to stand up 9. drinking a glass of water 10. Is there any water left in the bottle
IV. 1-5 CBABC 6-10 BBCDD
V.(A) 1-5 BCDAD 6-10 CCDAD
StepⅠ（for Section A）
Ⅰ. 1. chatted 2. off 3. chop; light 4. homeless 5. feed
6. sight-seeing 7. garage 8. pack 9. suit 10. Refrigerators
Ⅱ. 1~5 DDCCA 6~8ABC
Ⅲ. 1. has gone 2. Has; done; yet 3. haven?t seen; since; ago 4. has; been doing
Ⅰ. 1. bathing2. towels3. member4. Chopping 5. believes
6. appear7. well8. lead 9. poems10. forward
Ⅱ. 1. 相信，坚信 2. 到目前为止 3. ……的数量 4. 离开，停用 5. 多亏……；幸亏……
6. water the plants 7. turn off the radio 8. chat with sb. 9. light the fire 10. win an award
Ⅲ. 1~5 ABCDA 6~10 BCDBA
Ⅳ. 1~5 EFACG
Step Ⅲ（for Self-check）
Ⅰ. 1. has lived 2. water 3. going 4. southern 5. families?
Ⅱ. 1. So far2. two-week3. who he is 4. is leaving 5. clean up
Ⅲ. 1. was told2. has looked 3. was organized4. got5. would come
Ⅳ. 1~5 ACCBC
Ⅱ. 1~5 BCDAD 6~10 CCDAD
一、1. playful noisy 2. surprised 3. living 4. used called 5. inspiration
二、1-5 ACDBD 6-10 ADBCB
三、1. ten metres long, six metres wide 2. very suitable for teaching students 3. is not as clean as used to 4. on her way to work 5. hardly move 6. agree with what I said 7. take care of，care for/about 8. to turn off
the lights 9. To recycle/Recycling books and paper 10. turn off the shower
四、 (A) 1-5BCBCD (B) 6-10 BCBDA