《9A Unit 2 Colour》练习12
1. ( ) _____ of them knew about the accident because it has been already reported
A. Each one B. Every one
C. Everyone D. Everybody
2. ( ) Sorry, I can’t __________ you my bike because ______________ is wrong
A. borrow, something B. lend, anything
C. lend, something D. borrow, nothing
3. ( ) We live in a world __________ colors and colors can _________ us.
A. be full of, effect B. full of, effect C. being full of, affect D. full of, affect
4. ( ) Can you describe the moods of people by ____________ the colors they choose
A. looking B. seeing C. judge D. looking at
5. ( ) Tony lost his wallet. He didn’t talk to __________ all the afternoon.
A. anything B. nothing C. nobody D. anybody
6. ( ) I wanted to buy a story book but there were _________ left in that
A. anyone B. no one C. none D. nothing
7. ( ) This blue shirt doesn’t fit you. I think that black one _______ good ______
you. A. will look, in B. look, on
C. will look, on D. look, in
8. ( ) Do you know how many colors ________ in the rainbow?
A. are there B. is there C. there is D. there are
9. ( ) Which _______ you rather _________, tea or coffee?
A. would, to drink B. would, like
C. would, \ D. would, drink
10. ( ) The moonlight is shining brightly in _________the windows.
A. across B. on C. from D. through
11. ( ) Lucy prefers ________ to ______________.
A. to walk, jogging B. walk, jog
C. to walk, jog D. walking, jogging
12. ( ) Would you please ___________ late next time? A. not B. don’t be C. not to be D. not be
13. ( ) Try to spend as much time as possible ___________, please.
A. to take exercise B. on having a rest
C. in your homework D. relaxing yourself
14. ( ) I don’t think _______ of them is very interesting.
A. none B. any C. no one D. some
15. ( ) In the old days, the workers were often made _______over more than ten 1
hours a day.
A. work B. working C. to work D. works
1. She learned driving without any ____________________ (difficult).
2. Vitamins are essential (必需的) for healthy _________ (grow).
3. In winter air conditioners can make the room more _____________ (comfort).
4. I have a strong ___________ that something terrible is about to happen (feel).
5. Shoes are a ______________ (protect) for the feet. 6. This kind of dictionary is very ________ and they are ___________ by many students (use).
7. There is ___________ interesting in today’s newspaper. Let’s watch TV (something).
8. I would rather ___________ (wear) green than red. Red is a girl’s color.
9. His mother bought many Christmas _____________ in that shopping mall (decorate).
Orange can ____________________and __________________ when you are feeling sad.
Green is _______________, but it is also ______________________________________.
Wearing red ______________________ for you _______________________.
I think there is _____________________ with the man in red.
People _________________________________red and purple.
She wants to ___________________________powerful by wearing red.
Red and white is ______________________, as the powerful red ________ the calm white.
White is _____________. You should wear white if you are ______________________
9. 她把白色的油擦到人们头上以帮助人们入睡。 She _____________________________ to help people sleep.
Wearing red can help when you are___________________________________________.
People associate（由??联想到）colors with different objects, feelings, and holidays. Red, for example, is the color of fire, heat, blood, and life. People say red is an exciting and active color. They associate red with a strong feeling like anger. Red is used for signs of danger, such as STOP signs and fire engines. The holiday which is associated with red is Valentine’s Day. On February 14, Americans send red hearts to people they love. Orange is the bright, warm color of leaves in autumn. People say orange is a lively, energetic color. They associate orange with happiness. The holidays which are associated with orange are Halloween in October and Thanksgiving Day in November. On October 31 many Americans put large orange pumpkins in their windows for Halloween.
Yellow is the color of sunlight. People say it is a cheerful and lively color. They associate yellow, too, with happiness. Because it is bright, it is used for signs of caution.
Green is the cool color of grass in spring. People say it is a refreshing（凉爽的）and feelings of guilt(内疚), fear, and envy. Many people wear green on ST. Patrick’s Day, March17.
Blue is the color of the sky, water, and ice. Police and navy uniforms are blue. When people are sad, they say, “I feel blue.” They associate blue with feelings like unhappiness and fear.
Violet, or purple, is the deep, soft color of darkness or shadows (阴暗). People consider violet a dignified（高贵的）color. They associate it with loneliness. On Easter Sunday people decorate baskets with purple ribbons(丝带).
White is the color of snow. People describe white as a pure, clean color. They associate white with a bright, clean feeling. Doctors, dentists, and nurses
frequently wear white uniforms. On the other hand, black is the color of night. People wear black clothes at serious(严肃的) ceremonies(仪式) such as funerals(葬礼) and graduations(毕业典礼).
36. According to the passage, if you see red when someone hits you without any reason, it means that________.
A. you are bleeding (流血) B. you hit back
C. you become angry D. your eyes are hurt
37. If an actor goes to the green room during the interval（幕间休息）of a play in the theater, what possibly could he do in it?
A. He goes to have a rest.
B. He goes to admire the flowers and grass in it.
C. He goes to party. D. He is punished.