Unit 2 Is this your pencil?
(The first period)
A. Learn to use the drills of this lesson and make full use of it in daily conversations.
1.-Is this your pencil?
-Yes, it is. It’s my pencil.
2.-Is that your backpack?
-No, it isn’t. It’s his backpack.
B. Learn the following words and phrases: Backpack; ruler; pencil sharpener; thank
you; baseball; computer; key; notebook; ring?
C. Practise the conversations.
Discussion; A short play
Cards and real objects
Teaching process: Step1. Greetings
1. Let the Ss write a few words they know about school things 2. Learn the words with the help of the cards.
3. Listen and number the conversations.
4. Discuss in groups:
- Is this /that??
- Yes, it is. /No, it isn’t.
Identify ownership by giving the Ss a real scene and make up a dialogue. Step4. Exercises
Hand out a piece of test paper.
Write a dialogue of 60 words or so according to the drills in this lesson.
3． 能口头应用以下句型：（1）Is this ??? Yes, it is. / No, it isn’t.
(2) What’s this in English? (3)How do you spell??.?
1. 一般疑问句Is this ??.?及其肯定, 否定回答。
2. 特殊疑问句What’s this in English ? 和How do you spell ??的运用。
录音机, 单词卡片, 尺子等学习用品 .
教师手拿一些实物,如尺子等,用What’s this ? It’s a ?.? 来复习学过的单词ruler, pencil, backpack等. 同时出示单词卡片让学生来拼读, 为后面练习新句型做好准备. 2. 给学生放录音,让学生做课本的2a. 找学生回答,集体订正,然后集体朗读这几个单词.
(1)老师拿出一些相关的学习用品问同学们:What’s this in English? 帮助同学们回答:It’s a/an?
(2) 老师从书包里拿出一些学习用品用Is this your???句型来寻找物主,学生只有两次猜的机会.
(1) 识记单词: pencil sharpener book eraser ruler backpack dictionary
(2) 做游戏Find the owner
(3) 造一段对话用Is this your??What’s this in English? How do you spell??
（一） Master the words above
1. Match the words with the things in the picture
2. Guess the words using body language
The teacher or the students do some actions in the front and let the others guess the words
（二）Master the language structure
Students use the things that they have collected from the students around and talk A: What’s this?
B: It’s a watch.
A: How do you spell it?
A: Is this your watch?
B: Yes, it is.
A: What’s this?
B: It’s a notebook.
A: How do you spell it?
A: Is this your notebook?
B: No, it isn’t. It’s her notebook.
A to C: Is this your notebook?
C: Yes, it is.
(三) Using the language 任务示范与讲解
In your daily life, you must have lost something or found something that doesn’t belong to you. Have you got it back or found the owner?
1 Listening Section B 2a 2b
2 Finish 3a 3b
3 Use a photo to talk
1) A: Is this your uncle? B: Yes, he is.
2) A: Is this your brother? B: Yes, he is.
3) A: Is this your mother? B: No, she isn’t.
(The fourth period)
1. Learn to ask for something by using “Is this your ??”
2. Try to master such pronouns as my\your\her\his?
3. Learn to write an easy “Lost & Found” passage.
Teaching difficult and important points:
Develop the ability to make full use of the drills in daily conversations. Teaching method:
Cards; CAI; Real objects
Teaching period: One
Step 1.Self check
1. The Ss are required to remember the words of unit7 as quickly as they can in one minute.
2. Check the words they know in Part 1 on page 46 and write out their Chinese meanings. Step 2.New words
1. tennis; 2. bookcase; 3. soccer ; 4. club ; 5. star ;
6. lunch; 7. T-shirt; 8. pants ; 9. plaza ; 10.dollar ;
Choose five new words you like and write them down in Part 2 on Page 46. Step 4.Oral exercise
Look at the picture in Part 3 and make up conversations
According to the following drills:
-Is this \that??
-Yes, it is.\ No, it isn’t.
Step5. Written work
Read the bulletin board notices on Page 45 and try to write an easy “Lost & Found” passage.
My watch. My name is Kate.
Please call 222-0909.
Is this your watch?
Please call Peter.
Phone number: 666-0808.
Read the drills and finish the exercise-book.