Unit 4 TV programmes
( ) 1. Liu Xiang runs ________ fast. Nobody else can catch up with him.
A. too far B. far too C. very far D. very too
( ) 2.In this exam, he spent ________ time and made ___________ mistakes in our class.
A. less; fewer B. the least: the fewest C. much; many D. more; less
( ) 3.We didn’t believe it _________ we saw it with our own eyes.
A. until B. after C. when D. while
( ) 4. Miss Gao teaches us so well that her lessons __________.
A. aren’t easily forgotten B. are easily forgotten
C. are easy forgotten D. aren’t easy forgotten
( ) 5. Remember this, children. _______careful you are, _______ mistakes you’ll make.
A. The more; the less B. The less; the fewer
C. The less; the more D. The more; the more
( ) 6. As I ___________ the plan, he thought of a surprising ending.
A. was working out B. work out C. was working on D. work on
( ) 7. Victor threw the remote control onto the table and it __________Nancy’s foot.
A. fall into B. fell into C. fall onto D. fell onto
( ) 8. Daniel seldom watches Friendship, _______?
A. does he B. doesn’t he C. does she D. doesn’t she
( ) 9. The story of Unusual Weekend goes __________ than people expected.
A. slowly B. slow C. more slowly D. more slower
( ) 10.He was lying on the grass and looking at the beautiful sky ____ he had a strange dream.
A. while B. when C. because D since
( ) 11. _____________ the end of the program, you won’t find out the answer.
A. Till B. Until C. In D. By
( ) 12. I like watching ____ because I can learn a lot about nature, history and real-life events
A. comedies B. cartoons C. documentaries D. game shows
( ) 13. The boys played so ________ that they lost the basketball match.
A. careful B. carefully C. careless D. carelessly
( ) 14. — You haven’t lost your library book, have you? — I hope _________.
A. not to have B. to have not C. so D. not
( ) 15. What ___________ it is to go hiking in __________ weather!
A. a great fun; such fine B. great fun; such a fine
C. great fun; such fine D. a great fun; such a fine
( ) 16. — Why not come and join us in the game?
— __. But I must finish my homework first.
A. I hope not B. I’m very tired C. I think so D. I’d like to
( ) 17. This ___________ documentary takes a close look at the life of the Asian tiger.
A. two-hour B. two hours C. two-hours D. two hour’s
( )18. The programme _______ different sports, such as basketball, swimming and badminton.
A. is covered B. covers C. covering D. is covered with
( ) 19. Would you please ____________ my pet while I’m away?
A. to look after B. look after C. to take care of D. taking care of
( ) 20. I didn’t go to see the film yesterday, because I __________ it three times.
A. had seen B. have seen C. saw D. will see
( ) 21. Kitty works so _________ that she ___________ spends time playing.
A. hard; hardly B. hard; hard C. harder; hardly D. hardly; hardly
( ) 22. ___________ it snows, ____________ the children feel.
A. More heavily; the happier B. More heavily; happier
C. The more heavily; happier D. The more heavily; the happier
( ) 23. — Where is your father? — I’m not sure. He __________ in the office.
A. must be B. maybe C. may be D. perhaps
( ) 24. You can call that man _____________ 6665258 ___________more information.
A. on; about B. at; for C. on; for D. at; to
( ) 25. — Who is more active, Suzy or Paul? — _________.
A. Yes, they are B. Suzy is C. Paul does D. No, they aren’t
1. I like reading this kind of _______________ ( week ) magazine.
2. The film is full of _______________ ( horror ) and _______________( mystery ).
3. The businessman _________________ ( murder ) at home yesterday evening.
4. The Yangtze River is one of ________________( long ) rivers in the world.
5. Most people think it’s far _____________________ ( comfortable ) to travel by air than by train.
6. They didn’t leave school until the rain _______________ ( stop ) that day.
7. ________________ ( luck ) , there was nothing wrong with him after the car accident.
8. His train ride is really short, but his memory of the _______________ ( please ) trip will last long.
9. There are few _______________( nature ) habitats for animals on Earth.
10. It’s said that sports meeting ________________( hold ) next week.
11. Do you feel ______________( bore ) with the _________________( bore ) book?
12. Do you know Charlie Chaplin is one of the most popular ___________( comedy ) actors in the
13.I think the time ________________( spend ) in watching TV every day is too long for you.
14.His parents always _________________( agree ) with each other and quarrel about little things.
15. I looked at him until he ____________________ ( appear ) in the distance.
16. Could you tell me where the 28th Olympic Games _____________________( hold )?
17. This year’s Beijing Music Awards __________________ ( cover ) live tonight.
18. It’s raining even ___________________ ( heavy ) . I really don’t know what to do.
19. —Kate, didn’t you hear the loud knock at the door?
— Sorry, I ___________________( chat ) with my e-friend.
20. While we ________________ ( clean ) the classroom, the teacher came in.
21. I’m not in the habit of ________________( let ) strangers into my home.
22. If you get ________________( scare ) easily, do not watch Murder in a Country House.
23. Whenever he thinks of his pet’s ________________( die ) ,he feels very sad.
24. If you aren’t interested in sports programmes, you’ll find it ________________( disturb ).
25. He’s going abroad for _______________( far ) study. Do you agree with him?
Friends are very important in our everyday life. Everyone friends. We all like to feel close to someone. __2__ is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh, and do things with. , sometimes we need to be alone. We don’t always want people . But we would feel lonely if No two people are . Friends don’t get on well. That doesn’t mean that they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will make up (言归于好) and become again.
Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very can them and write to them. And we can new friends. It is encouraging to find out how much we like new people when we get to know them.
There’s more good news for people who have friends. They live _don’t. Why? Friends can make us feel happy. just done that someone cares. If some one cares about you, you take care of ( )1. A. loves
( )2. A. It
( )3. A. Hardly
( )5. A. ever
( )7 A. always B. hates B. He C. needs D. becomes D. Someone D. Certainly D. around D. really D. usually
D. talk with
D. yourself C. There C. all over B. Nearly C. Suddenly B. never C. just ( )4. A. alone B. away ( )6. A. friendly B. kind ( )8. A. friendly B. good ( )10. A. call ( )12. A. longer ( )14. A. less ( )15. A. you
四、阅读理解： B. ask C. just the same D. quite different C. pleased C. tell B. sometimes C. often ( )9. A. angry B. sad C. happy ( )11. A. look for B. find C. make B. shorter C. slower B. better C. little ( )13. A. Smelling B. Being C. Sounding B. your C. yours
We each have a memory（记忆力）. That’s why we can still remember things after a long time. Some people have very good memories and they can easily learn many things by heart, but some people can only remember things when they say or do them again and again. Many of the great
men of the world have got surprising memories.
A good memory is a great help in learning a language. Everybody learns his mother language when he is a small child. He hears the sounds, remembers them and then he learns to speak. Some children are living with their parents in foreign countries. They can learn two languages as easily as one because they hear, remember and speak two languages every day. In school it is not so easy to learn a foreign language because the pupils have so little time for it, and they are busy with other subjects, too.
But your memory will become better and better when you do more and more exercises.
A．they always sleep very well C．they read a lot of books A．at the age of six
B．they often eat good food
D．they have very good memories
( )1、Some people can easily learn many things by heart because ( )2、Everybody learns his mother language C．after he goes to school A．read and write
B．when he is a small child
D．when he can read and write
B．make sentences D．think hard
B．they have no recorders
D．they are busy with other subjects
( )3、Before a child can speak, he must
C．hear and remember the sounds A．they have no good memories C．they have too much time for it
( )4、In school the pupils can’t learn a foreign language well because ( )5、Your memory will become better and better A．if you have plenty of good food B．if you do more and more exercises C．if you do morning exercises every day D．if you get up early
一、选择填空: BBAAC, CDACB, BCDCC, DABBA, ADACB
1. weekly 2. horror, mysteries 3. was murdered 4. the longest 5. more comfortable
6. stopped 7. Luckily 8. pleasant 9. natural 10. will be held
11. bored, boring 12. comedy 13. spent 14. disagree 15. disappeared
16. was held 17. will be covered 18. more heavily 19. was chatting 20. were cleaning
21. letting 22. scared 23. death 24. disturbing 25. further
1．C。根据上文，friends are very important. 可以知道每个人都需要朋友, 故选needs。
2．A。这里应用it做形式主语，代替后面真正的主语，即to have a friend。
4．D。根据上一句we need to be alone，可以知道我们有时也不希望周围一直有人相伴，故选around。
6．C。根据句意，世界上没有两个人是相同的，故选just the same。
8．D。根据上半句they will make up可以知道产生分歧的朋友也会和好如初。故选friends。
12．A。根据上句中“good news”, 可以知道这里应该是长寿，又因为句中有than, 可以知道应填比较级，故选longer。
词，前面应添上be动词，故选 being 。
四、阅读理解：D BC D B