A: What kind of music do you like ? B: I like music that … What about you ? A: I prefer music that… 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. sing along with dance to has great lyrics not too loud quiet and gentle relaxing / exciting
I like singers who
write their own music. can dance well. can sing well.
I like music groups that
are energetic and crazy. sing sweet songs can sing different kinds of songs.
先行词为时间状语时，引导词用 when 先行词为地点状语时，引导词用 where 先行词为原因状语时, 引导词用 why whose （某人/某物的）
Read Jennifer’s CD review. Then match the sentence parts.
1. It’s the kind of music
a. who write their own lyrics. b. Brazilian dance music.
2. She likes musicians
3. She doesn’t like songs c. who sing the words clearly 4. She likes singers 5. The music is like d. that you can dance to. e. that are too long.
3b Talk with your partner about a CD you listened
to recently. Ask and answer the questions in activity 3a.
What CD did you listen to recently? I listened to one called Heart Strings. What do you think of it? I enjoy it a lot. Why? The singer writes her own songs. I prefer singers who write their own lyrics.
A: What CD did you listen to recently? B: I listened to one called China China. A: What do you think of it? B: I enjoy it a lot. A: Why? B: It’s the kind of music that you can dance to. I prefer music that we can dance to.
dance to their songs. are tall and beautiful is too long. look like aliens
prefer v. 更喜欢，更喜爱 (相当于like ... better) 1) prefer sth. 更喜欢…… I prefer action movies.
2) prefer doing / to do sth. 更喜欢做某事 I prefer watching / to watch TV at home.
prefer的过去分词要双写r再加ed, 即 preferred
3) prefer sb. to do sth. 宁愿某人做……
My mother prefers me to stay with her a little longer.
4) prefer sth. to sth. 比起……更喜欢……
She prefers cats to dogs.
5) prefer doing sth. to doing sth.= prefer to do sth. rather than do sth.
Mary prefers dancing to singing.
They prefer to stay at home rather than go out with their parents.
to _____ pears _____any other
going My grandma prefers_____ (go)for a
walk to watching (watch) TV. 奶奶宁愿去散步而不愿看电视。
--- What a heavy rain! --- So it is. I prefer _____ at home ______ on such a rainy day. (2009年 江苏 扬州) A. watch TV; to go out B. watch TV; go out C. watching TV; to going out D. to watch TV; going out
--- I prefer sports shows ______ soap operas. What about you? --- Me, too. (2011贵州贵阳) A. to B. than C. at
Some students pr
efer chatting with their friends on the Internet to ______ (do) their homework at weekends．
Ⅰ. 用所给词的适当形式填空 1. He likes _______ (music) who write their
own music. 2. John _______ (prefer) pop music to classical music.
3. Now many people prefer _______ (send) emails to writing letters. 4. Many people love music that _______ (have) great lyrics. 5. He likes _______ (group) that play loud songs.
1. Students love teachers _______ understand them. A. whom B. who C. which D. when
2. This is the MP5 _______ mom gave me for my birthday. A. what B. when C. who D. that
3. Many young people love music they can dance _______. A. with B. in C. at D. to 4. I like the music because I can sing along _______ it. A. to B. with C. for D. on 5. My parents prefer _______ TV at home rather than _______ to the movies. A. watch ；go B. watching ；going C. to watch ；go D. to watch ；to go
2.remind v.“使…想起，提醒” （1）remind sb of sb/sth “使…记得，提醒” eg. This song reminds him of his mother. （2）remind sb to do sth 提醒某人做某事 eg. My mother reminds me to go home before 9:pm. （3）remind sb +that 从句 提醒某人… eg. He reminds me that I should do my homework now.
staying 1. She prefers _______(stay) at home to playing outside. called 2. Do you know a girl ________ (call) Li Na? musicians 3. Both of Alice’s parents are _________ (music). 4. She likes singers who write their own lyrics _______ (lyric).
3.短语 （1）sing along with the music 和着音乐唱歌 （2）dance to the music 随着音乐跳舞 有优美的歌词
（3）have great lyrics
（4）put one’s heart into sth. 全身心投入…
（5）learn sth. by heart
（6）write one’s own music 自己作曲