I like music that I can dance to.
Section A Period 1
1. What do you think the girl is doing? must _______ ___ music. listening to She ____ ___ be 2. What kind of music is she listening to? could/might pop She __________ be listening to _____music.
Do you like music? What kind of music do you know?
Classical music is quiet and gentle. Country music has great lyrics.
We can dance to it. We can sing along with it.
A: What kind of music do you like ? B: I like … because it’s… what about you? A：
Country music Country music
quiet and gentle.
Classical music Classical music Pop music
has great lyrics. sing along with it
dance to it.
Unite the two sentences into one sentence.(把两句连成一句)
1. I like country music. It has great lyrics. I like country music that has great lyrics.
2. I prefer classical music. It isn’t too loud.
I prefer light music that isn’t too loud.
3. I prefer pop music. I can sing along with it. I prefer pop music that I can sing along with. 4. I like dance music. I can dance to it.
I like dance music that I can dance to.
prefer v. 更喜欢，更喜爱 (like ... better) 1) prefer sth. 更喜欢…… I prefer action movies. 我更喜欢动作片。 2) prefer doing / to do sth. 更喜欢做某事 I prefer watching / to watch TV at home. 我更喜欢在家看电视。 prefer的过去分词要双写r再加ed, 即preferred
3) prefer sb. to do sth. 宁愿某人做……
My mother prefers me to stay with her a little longer. 我妈妈更喜欢我和她多呆一会儿。
4) prefer sth. to sth. 比起……更喜欢……
She prefers cats to dogs.
5) prefer doing sth. to doing sth.= prefer to do sth. rather than do sth. 喜欢做……而不喜欢做……；宁愿做……而 不愿做…… Mary prefers dancing to singing. 玛丽喜欢跳舞胜过喜欢唱歌。 They prefer to stay at home rather than go out with their parents. 他们宁愿呆在家里，不愿和父母出去。
I prefer _______ a small gift _______ has some thought behind it rather than get some money. A. to receive；what B. receiving；what C. to receive; that D. receiving; who
--- What heavy rain! --- So it is. I prefer ______ at home ______ on such a rainy day. (2009年江苏 扬州) A. watch TV; to go out B. watch TV; go out C. watching TV; to going out D. to watch TV; going out
--- I prefer sports shows ______ soap operas. What about you? --- Me, too. (2011贵州贵阳) A. to B. than C. at
Some students prefer chatting with their friends on the Internet to doing ______ (do) their homework at weekends．
1b Listen and check (√) the kinds of music Tony and Betty like.
Music that I can dance to Tony Music that has Music that I can great lyrics sing along with
A: What kind of music do you l
ike? B: I like music that I can sing along with. What about you? A: I prefer music that has great lyrics.
be interesting. can help me learn a lot. A: What kind of books do you like? B: I like books that … what about you? A:
I like books that are interesting. I like books that can help me learn a lot.
What kind of friends do you like ?
.He I like the friend who sings well. .He I like the friend who likes sports .
2a Listen and circle T (for true) or F (for
1. Carmen likes musicians who play different kinds of music. 2. Xu Fei likes Dan Dervish. 3. Carmen likes music that’s loud. 4. Xu Fei prefers groups that play
F F F
quiet and gentle songs.
2b Listen again and complete the sentences. About the Modern About Dan Dervish
Xu Fei 1. I prefer groups 3. I like musicians
that play quiet and
___________________ who write their own songs _____________. 4. I like musicians
Carmen 2. I love music
that’s really loud who play different __________________ ___________________ and energetic kinds of music _____________. ____________.
定语从句（Attributive Clauses）在句中做定语， 修饰一个名词或代词，被修饰的名词,词组或代 词即先行词。 定语从句通常出现在先行词之后，由关系词 引出。
I have an apple that is red. _______ 先行词 定语从句
修饰先行词 an apple
I like friends who like sports. __________ 先行词 定语从句
The Attributive Clause 人 (n.) + who + 从句 物 (n.) + that + 从句
I prefer shoes that are cool. I like a pizza that is really delicious. I love singers who are beautiful.
I have a friend who plays sports.
1. I prefer songs ____ popular. A. that is B. that are C. who is D. who are 2. I like the singer __ different kinds of music. A. that play B. who play C. who plays D. whom plays
3. (2007辽宁) Do you like music ____ makes you excited? A. that B. what C. who D. it
4. (2007长春) All the children like the teachers ____ can understand them. A. who B. which C. what D. whom 5. (2006福州) The panda is a kind of animal ____ can be found only in China. A. who B. whose C. that D. where
? 6. Many young people love music they can dance _______. ? A. with B. in C. at D. to ? 7. I like the music because I can sing along _______ it. ? A. to B. with C. for D. on ? 8. My parents prefer _______ TV at home rather than _______ to the movies. ? A. watch ；go B. watching ；going ? C. to watch ；go D. to watch ；to go
Guessing Game! ?
Is it the singer star who …
?is a girl. ?is from Canada. ?is very thin. ?loves rock music.
?has a song named Girlfriend.
Is it the star who … ?is tall and handsome.
?is good at playing the piano.
?has a nick name called Prince of Piano ?gave a performance in Yich
ang last month.
Are they students who … ?are boys ?are from class 5
?study really hard
?enjoy learning English
Let’s know more about our friends
What kind of friends do you prefer?
movies/ songs/ after-class activities…
Likes/ dislikes Likes who are energetic
（dislikes who enjoy playing games）
? A: What kinds of movies do you prefer? ? B: I prefer movies that are romantic. How about you? ? A: I prefer … ? C: A prefers … , while B prefers…
A life without a friend is a life without a sun.
?Let’s know more about our friends, and then keep the precious friendship forever.