1. the changes to Sunshine Town阳光镇的变化→the changes to… …的变化 (p8)
〈知识链接〉change n.变化，常用复数changes。 e.g. Great changes have taken place since 1995. 2. in the southern part of town →in the southern part of…在…的南部→south →southern
〈知识链接〉east东部→eastern东部的, west →western, north →northern
3. in the past在过去→at present现在→in the future未来；将来，注意这些短语中的介词和冠词。
4. turn the place into a park →turn…into…把…变成…
〈知识链接〉①Heat turns water into vapor.热使水变成蒸气。②Turn this sentence into English. 5. play cards and Chinese chess打牌、下象棋，e.g. It’s pleasant to play cards and Chinese chess. 6. water pollution水污染→air pollution空气污染，noise pollution噪音污染 (p9) 〈知识链接〉Water pollution was a problem before.
5. used to dump its waste into water →used to do sth过去常做某事，注意否定式疑问式的形式 〈知识链接〉⑴used to do sth →否定式used not to do sth或didn’t use to do sth→疑问式Did sb use to do sth?或Used sb to do sth? ⑵There be和used to合用的形式为There used to be。
〈用法拓展〉⑴be used to do sth＝be used for doing sth被用于做某事，e.g. Stamps are used to send letters.＝Stamps are used for sending letters. ⑵be/become/get used to sth习惯于某事，be/become/get used to doing sth习惯于做某事，e.g. ①My grandma used to live in the city but now she has got used to the country life. ②Tom is used to getting up early.
6. in some ways在某种程度上；在某些方面→in this way以这种方式
7. feel a bit lonely from time to time →from time to time＝at times＝sometimes有时；不时地
〈知识链接〉⑴a bit＋形容词原级或比较级＝a little＋形容词原级或比较级，有点…
⑵a bit of＋不可数名词＝a little＋不可数名词 e.g. a bit of water＝a little water
〈用法拓展〉not a little＝very非常，not a bit＝not…at all一点也不
8. throw away扔掉…→“动词＋副词”结构，e.g. throw it/them away
9. have an interview with sb＝interview sb采访某人；对某人面试；与某人面谈 (p12)
〈知识链接〉①My parents have had an interview with my teacher. ②They interviewed 20 people for the job. ③There are a number of interviews with some famous football players.
10. the best model I have ever seen 我曾见过的最好的模型 (p17)
〈知识链接〉the＋形容词最高级＋名词单数＋sb have/has ever done，某人曾做过的最…的… the most wonderful film (that) he has ever watched他看过的最精彩的比赛
〈用法拓展〉⑴ever通常用于疑问句中或否定句中。e.g. ①Have/Has sb ever done sth?
②Nobody ever stepped in this cavern.没人曾经踏进过这洞穴。
⑵ever since…自从…起到现在(用于现在完成时)，for ever＝forever永远；永久地
11. move into the new flats→move into…搬进…，move out of…搬出… move to 搬到……地方去move house搬家
12. lend me a book→lend sb sth＝lend sth to sb把某物借给某人，是“借出”。
〈知识链接〉borrow sth from sb向某人借某物，是“借入”。
13. a recent photo一张近期照片， recently ，最近地，近来write about the changes to Moonlight Town (p21)
14. a tourist attraction旅游胜地→attraction n. 吸引；向往的地方→attract vt.吸引→attractive有吸引力的①It has become a new tourist attraction. ②Hepburn’s beauty and charm attracted Colette’s attention.
1. You’ve changed too. You always wanted to play with me. →always＋过去式＝used to do sth 4. Coaches have been in use/service in Beijing since 1958. →have been in use＝have been used 5. I moved here with my family when I was two years old and have lived here since then. (p8)
2.We lived till 1965, when I got married. →get married结婚→get/be married to sb与某人结婚 〈知识链接〉⑴marry sb与某人结婚，e.g. She married a football player. ⑵marry sb to sb把某人嫁给某人，e.g. He married his daughter to an actor. ⑶get/be married to sb和某人结婚，e.g. Yao Ming got married to Ye Li on 6 August, 2007. ⑷表示“已经结婚”用have/has got married，表示“已经结婚多久”用have/has been married for＋时间段或since＋时间点。e.g. ①They have got married. ②They have been married for 5 years.不能说成They have got married for 5 years. 〈用法拓展〉marriage n.婚姻e.g. They will celebrate their fifty years of marriage next month.
3. Has Sunshine Town changed a lot over the years? →change a lot变化大
〈知识链接〉over the years＝in the last/past years这些年来，这是现在完成时的一个标志。
4. There once was a shoe factory…. →There once was/were…＝Once there was/were…从前有…。
5. Later, the government realized it was a very serious problem and took action to reduce the pollution. →take action to do sth采取行动做某事，reduce the pollution减少污染 (p9)
〈知识链接〉⑴action ①(拍摄影视时用语)开始 ②动作，e.g. action film动作片，action star动作明星
⑵a very serious problem非常严重的问题→problem(需要着手解决的)问题；难题，question(需要回答的)问题 e.g. solve a Maths problem, answer my question
6. It is different for him to see some of them as often as before. (p12)
〈知识链接〉⑴It is＋adj.＋for sb to do sth. ⑵as often as before像以前一样经常→as…as… 12. Things have changed a lot over the years.＝Great changes have taken place over the years.
7. When I was in primary school, my mother took me to school. → take sb to school送某人上学 14. I have the same feeling too. Do you sometimes stay after school to chat with friends? (p19) 15. The changes to Moonlight Town have brought advantages, but they have also caused many problems for people. (p22)
〈知识链接〉⑴bring advantages to …给…带来好处，advantage优点；有利条件→disvantage缺点；不利条件 ⑵cause problems for…给…带来麻烦
1. go on a trip to South Hill →go on a trip to…去某地旅游 (p24)
2. take you out for a few days带你出去玩几天→take sb out带某人出去
3. go hiking, go skiing →go＋v-ing去做某事，see/enjoy the beautiful view观看/欣赏美景 (p25)
4. a symbol of Japan →the symbol of…的象征，e.g. Red is the symbol of danger.红色是危险的象征。
5. have a really fantastic time＝have a good/great/wonderful time＝have fun＝enjoy oneself (p26)
6. at the entrance在入口处 →at the exit在出口处
7. move at high speed高速运转→at a speed of…以…的速度，at a speed of 100 km an hour the whole ride →through从物体的内部穿过
9. a fast food restaurant快餐店→fast food快餐，国际著名快餐店：KFC肯德基，McDonald’s麦当劳
10. clap and stream with joy高兴地拍手尖叫 →介词短语with joy相当于副词修饰动词。
11. watch a three-D film，watch fireworks, look shiny and beautiful under the fireworks
12. in all总共；共计→first of all首先
13. scream with excitement兴奋地尖叫→ with excitement＝excitedly激动地；兴奋地 (p28)
〈知识链接〉excite→excited兴奋的→exciting令人兴奋的；扣人心弦的；刺激的→excitement n.激动，兴奋→with excitement＝excitedly，be excited about (doing) sth对…兴奋
14. a really delightful holiday and a meaningful experience一个高兴的假期、一次有意义的经历 〈知识链接〉experience ⑴n.(C)经历；e.g. He had a pleasant experience in Hong Kong last year. ⑵n.(U)经验→experienced adj.经验丰富的，have experience in (doing) sth＝be experienced in (doing) sth在某方面有经验，e.g. ①He has experience in teaching English.＝He is experienced in teaching English. ②Dr Ma has much experience in eye operations.＝Dr Ma is experienced in eye operations. ③
15. buy a gift for my parents →buy sth for sb＝buy sb sth (gift比present高雅) (p33)
16. travel abroad到国外旅游→go abroad出国，e.g. He has gone abroad for further studies. (p35)
17. during this May Day holiday在“五一”假期里→during是介词，后面不能接句子。
18. three and a half hours三个半小时→one/an hour一小时，half an hour半小时→one and a half hours一个半小时，two and a half hours两个半小时 (p38)
19. have a bird’s-eye view of Hong Kong →have a bird’s-view of…鸟瞰；俯视
20. a modern city of tall buildings in the evening高楼林立、灯火辉煌的现代化城市 →with lights shining作后置定语，lights与shining是主动关系。
〈用法拓展〉He sleeps with windows closed.
21. the cultural centre of Hong Kong香港的文化中心→the cultural centre文化中心
〈知识链接〉culture n.文化→cultural adj.文化的 e.g. ①popular culture大众文化 ②Venice is a beautiful city full of culture and history.威尼斯是一座具有深厚文化和历史底蕴的美丽城市。〈用法拓展〉nature →natural, centre→central
22. a good place to buy things，a seafood restaurant, desserts and snacks，enjoy our trip to Hong Kong
1.⑴cheerful→cheerless, colourful→colourless, careful→careless, hopeful→hopeless
meaningful→meaningless, helpful→helpless, harmful→harmless, useful→useless
⑵delightful, wonderful, successful ⑶endless无止境的，无尽头的, noiseless＝quiet
1. It must be fun. Can I join you?一定很有趣。我能和你一起去吗？(p24)
〈知识链接〉⑴情态动词must(表示推测)一定，用于肯定句，反义词：can’t不可能。may可能，may not可能不。Probably, Perhaps, Maybe都是副词，通常用于句首。
⑵join sb和某人一起做某事，e.g. Kitty joined them in the Disney parade.
2. I haven’t seen you since last month. →see是瞬间动词 (p26)
3. I couldn’t stop taking photos with them. →can’t/couldn’t stop doing sth禁不住做某事
〈知识链接〉can’t/couldn’t help doing sth禁不住做某事，can’t/couldn’t wait to do sth迫不及待做某事。 〈用法拓展〉stop doing sth停止做某事，stop to do sth停下来去做某事。 → all the way一路上 (p27)
〈知识链接〉⑴wave to sb向某人招手/挥手→wave n.波；波浪 ⑵march across…迈步穿越… ⑶singing and dancing all the way是现在分词短语，作伴随状态。
5 I’m sure you’ll love it.你一定会喜欢的。 〈知识链接〉I’m sure that he will win the match.＝He is sure to win the match..
〈知识链接〉⑴endless无尽的；无休止的，e.g. ①endless love ②We have endless homework to do.
⑵wait in the line排队等候 ⑶Sb thought＋that从句，某人原以为…。
7. I’m watching an interesting TV programme. It started at 7 p.m. and 〈知识链接〉be on＝be shown放映→ be on show展出, e.g. ①②When we reached the cinema yesterday, the film had been on/shown for 5 minutes.
8. ⑴She must be happy now, ⑵She must be happy yesterday, (p33) 〈知识链接〉must一定，表示推测时，反意疑问句中的附加疑问部分应以时间状语为准。 → Chinese garden中国园林 (p35)
〈知识链接〉the best time for doing sth＝the best time to do sth做某事的最佳时节 e.g.
Autumn is the best time for visiting the Fragrant Hill.＝Autumn is the best time to visit the Fragrant Hill.
10. ——Sorry, I don’t know, but I can →by the way顺便问一下，check sth for sb替某人核实某事
〈知识链接〉It takes sb some time to do sth. →How long does it take sb to do sth?
→the day of one’s trip to…某人去某地旅行的那一天 (p38)
〈知识链接〉⑴be excited about (doing) sth对(做)某事感到兴奋 ⑵take photos拍照，take photos with …和…拍照 ⑶cute＝lovely可爱的 香港的天气与北京不同。 〈知识链接〉在as…as…, not as/so…as…, the same as…, be different from…或形容词、副词的比较等级结构中，当主语为不可数名词时，后者用that代替。当主语是名词复数时，后者用those代替。e.g.
①Usually the pollution in big cities is much more serious than that in the countries.
②There are more books in our library than those in theirs. ＋that引导的一般将来时或can从句。
〈知识链接〉some day＝one day有朝一日；(将来的)一天。one day还表示过去的“某一天”。
14. I left a book at Millie’s home. →leave sth＋地点，把某物忘在某处；forget忘记某事。
〈知识链接〉⑴The forgetful man often leaves his bag on buses.
⑵—Why weren’t you at the meeting? —Sorry, I forgot.