Module 6 Entertainment
She said China was a very exciting place.
在… 之中 醒着的
sports games music
play table tennis
What did she say?
She said that her favourite singer was Liu Huan.
What did he say?
I like reading.
He said that he liked reading.
Work in groups, ask and answer questions about entertainment
A:What’s your favorite entertainment?
B: My favorite entertainment is… /I love ...
What did B say ?
He /She said that his/her favorite entertainment was… He/She said that he/her loved…
direct speech & indirect speech 引用或转述别人说的话时，采用两种 形式：一是一字不改地将别人的话加以 引用，这叫直接引语；二是用自己的话 加以转述，这叫间接引语。一般来讲， 直接引语须放在引号内，间接引语不必 用引号，而用宾语从句表达。
He ____ “It?s time for lunch.” said, ________________
He said (that) it was time for lunch. ______________________________ 间接引语
2. 一般现在时的陈述句的转述 1) 间接引语使用 that 连接宾语从句 He said (that) it was time for lunch. 2) 人称要随主语做适当的变化 Tom said, “I like apples.” . Tom said (that) he liked apples. 3) 谓语动词时态的变化 一般现在时 一般过去时
指示代词 this → that these → those 时间状语 now → then today → that day tonight → that night 地点状语 动词 here → there come → go
E.g. He said, “I?m here.” He said (that) he was there. Jack said, “There is a good film on tonight.” Jack said (that) there was a good film on that night.
1. Joe said, “ I can?t finish my homework.”
Joe said that he couldn?t finish his homework. _____________________________________________ 2. Lingling said, “ I?m very proud of Sally.” Lingling said that she was very proud of Sally. ____________________________________________ 3. Betty said, “ she?s an excellent musician.” Betty said she was an excellent musician. ___________________________________________ 4. Chen Huan said, “ It?s a great film.” ___________________________________________ Chen Huan said that it was a great film. 5. Tom said, “ I want to listen to the radio.” ____________________________________________ Tom said that he wanted to listen to the radio.
He said, “It?s time for lunch.” 直接引语 用自己的话来转述他人的话叫间接引语。 一般的变化规律是: 1.如果引语是陈述句，变为间接引语时一般 由that引导。that可以省去。 2.谓语动词时态的变化。一般现在时—一般 过
去时。如把上面的句子变为: He said (that) it was time for lunch. 3. 其他变化 (人称，某些动词，时间和地点 状语）。
Listen and write notes.
Who is speaking? Sally Maxwell and Chen Huan are speaking.
Where does it take place?
It takes place at Radio Beijing.
What time of day is it?
It?s late at night.
Answer the questions.
Answer the questions, using the words in the box to help you. among, awake, believe, beside, cheer, clap, fantastic, plenty, sleepy, worry
1. What does the man say about Sally? “she plays the violin really well.” 2. What does the man think of the music?
3. What does the man tell the listeners to do if they?re awake?
“…stand beside your beds and dance and cheer.”
4. What does the man tell the listeners to do if they?re too sleepy? “…stay in bed and clap your hands.”
Answer the questions
1.Why didn?t Betty hear Sally?s interview on the radio?
Because she fell asleep. 2.What does Sally think is the main reason for her visit? Making friends.
3.Why did Daming want to clap and cheer? Because Sally was excellent. 4.Why does Betty think they should look after Sally? Because Sally is unhappy.
Listen and read:
1. She said that she was with some friends, and that she
was studying Chinese.
2. She said she missed her parents but she had some close
3. She said China was a very exciting place.
4. She explained that her visit was about making friends.
She said that she was with some classmates from London “I?m with some friends from London,” she said. 1)…(she said) that she was studying Chinese. I am studying Chinese “ ________________________,” she said. 2)She said that she missed her parents but she had some close friends. I miss my parents but I have some close friends here “______________________________________________,” she said. 3)And she said China was a very exciting place. But she didn?t like the word “foreigner”. And China is a very exciting place but I don?t like “_______________________________________________ the word ?foreigner? _____________________,”she said.
1. Hi, were you awake at 10 o?clock yesterday
语，如不说an awake woman。如：
Is she awake or asleep?
2．Was that it? 就这些吗？ 口语中常用 ，其陈述句形式是 That?s it. 表示“就
Ok , that?s it.
That?s it then. There?s nothing we can do.
3. So she knows that she?s among friends.
between一般指“两者之间”，而among用于三 个或三个以上的人或物之中，或笼统的一群人或 一些物之中，表示“在……中间”。例如：
Between the door and the windows there is a map.
What's the difference between the two words?
That girl said that she was with her parents.
2.很多外国人知道中国很精彩. Many foreigners know that China is fantastic. 3.老板解释他的访问是跟生意有关的. The boss explained his visit was about doing business. 4.我们相信她怀念她的好朋友. We believed that she missed her close friends. 5.我想鼓掌和欢呼.
I wanted to clap and cheer.
6. “Mike is from America,” says Tom. ___________________________________ Tom says that Mike is from America. 7. She said. “We hope so.” She said they hoped so. ____________________________________ 8. He said, “These books are mine.” ____________________________________ He said those books were his. 9. “I am a teacher,” Jack said. Jack said he was a teacher. ____________________________________ 10. She said, “I am very happy to help you.” She said that she was very happy to help you. ______________________________________