重庆市涪陵九中八年级英语下册《Unit 5 Feeling Happy Topic 1 Why all
the smiling faces Section C》导学案（无答案） 人教新目标版
1. Learn some new words and phrases:
Austria, cry, lonely, lively, cheer up, mad, at first, Titanic, America, fall into, frightened, in the end
2. Master sentences expressing feelings: Mrs. Von Trapp died, and the family were very sad and tired.
The children cried and shouted every day.
The father was lonely and often became angry because of the noisy children.
The father was almost mad at first, but the smiling faces of his children pleased him and made him happy again.
They were very frightened because they were afraid of losing each other.
3. Go on talking about the movies. Learn to describe the main idea of the movies.
Task 1 预习热身（学生版：自学）
（1）照顾 = =
（8）发疯 ≈ （9）孩子们的笑脸
（14）在去??的路/途中 (15) 掉进
(16) 害怕做某事 (17) 开始 (18)最后
(19) 得救了 (20)以?开始
1.Mrs. Von Trapp died, and the family were very sad and tired.
2.The father was lonely and often became angry because of the noisy children. 意思是 because of意思是
3. Maria taught the children to sing lively songs and perform short,funny plays to cheer
cheer sb. up意思是 cheer sb on意思是
4. but the smiling faces of his children pleased him and made him happy again. 意思是 pleased意思是
句型： 1.They were happy to be with each other on the ship called Titanic.
意思是 . be with sb. 意思是 2.Titanic had a serious accident on the way to America.
意思是 . on the way to意思是
3.They were very frightened because they were afraid of losing each other.
意思是 . be afraid of sb./sth./doing意思是 4. Rose was saved, but Jack died.
意思是 . was saved意思是
5.Rose was very sad. She felt so lonely!
6. The mother was so worried that she looked for him everywhere, but she couldn’t find
him. 意思是 .
so ? that? 意思是
7. She was very sad and went mad.
意思是 . go mad意思是
一、Read the poster and answer the questions：
1. What’s the name of the movie? .
2.When and where will it be shown ? .
3.How much does a ticket cost ? .
三、Let students read 1a and find out the words about feelings in read.
五、Let students read 1a again finish 1b。
综合探究： Sing this song Do Re Mi
They were happy to be? ?the Titanic had a serious accident?
...they were afraid of losing each other.
Rose was very sad.
She felt so lonely!
Her son was very cute. The mother was so worried that?
She was sad and went mad. 。
1. —How much did you ____ buying the new bike?
—Three hundred yuan.
A. pay B. cost C. take D. spend 2. —Mike felt sad because he failed his exam yesterday. 5
—I’m sorry to hear that. Let’s ____.
A. cheer him on B. cheer on him C. cheer him up D. cheer up him
3. Some children were skating on the ice happily. Suddenly one of them____the water and the
A. falls into; frightening B. fell into; frightened C. fall into; frightening D. fall into; frightened
4.My grandma lives in a ___house, but she doesn’t feel___.
A.alone, lonely B.lonely, alone
C.lonely, lonely D.alone, alone 5.Most of us are afraid of ______ in front of many people.
A.sing B.singing C.to sing D.sings
1. She came late because of the heavy traffic. (变同义句) She came late _________ the traffic _________ heavy.
2. She can look after the babies well. (变同义句)
She can take _______ _______ of the babies.
She can ______ _______ the babies well.
3. We are living in a city called Chongqing. (变同义句)
We’re living in a city _________ Chongqing.
4. He runs so fast that he can catch a horse. (变同义句)
He runs ________ ________ to catch a horse.
5. She is so young that she can’t go to school. (同义句)
She is_______ young _______go to school.
学生/老师)： ______ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________