What did you do in class today?
We had a discussion about TV shows.
What does Jack think of talk shows? Why?
He likes talk shows. Because he wants to be a reporter.
What do you think of talent show? Why?
I don’t mind it.
What does Sarah think of soap operas? Why?
She can’t stand them. She thinks they’re boring.
Do you want to ______ ___ _____? watch the news
What do you ______ ___ __________? think of talk shows
3. 我不介意看。/我不能忍受。/ 我喜欢看。
I don’t ______ them. I _____ ______ mind can’t stand them. I ____ ________ them. love watching
_____ What do you _____ ___ watch tonight? plan to
5. 我计划看《我们过去的时代》。 I ______ ____ watch Days of Our Past. plan to 6. 你期望从情景喜剧中学到什么？ What can you expect __ ______ from sitcoms? ______ to learn 7. 你能学到一些很好的笑话。 You can ______ some great _____. learn jokes 8. 你为什么喜欢看新闻呢？ Why do you like watching ___ ______? _________ the news 9. 因为我希望了解在世界各地发生了什么事情。 Because I _____ ___ _____ ____ what’s going hope to find out on around the world.
动词不定式的形式：to + 动词原形 e.g. Jack wants to buy some flowers for Mr. Wu. 杰克想给吴老师买些花。 常见的跟动词不定式做宾语的动词: 想要 ______ 期望 ______ 希望 _______ expect hope want 计划 ______ 决定 ______ 开始 _______ plan decide begin 开始 ______ 尝试 ______ try start
有些动词后面跟动词不定式时, 应将不定 式符号to省去。常见的动词有 let, make, feel, help, watch, hear 等。
e.g. 让我来帮助你。 Let me help you. 你能帮助我打扫房间吗？ Can you help me clean the house?
1. She expects ________ (arrive) tomorrow. to arrive 2. Let’s _______ (watch) talk shows tonight. watch 3. They hope _______ (visit) the Great Wall to visit next year. 4. Do you plan ______ (find) a part-time job? to find 5. When do you want _____ (go) swimming? to go 6. My uncle often helps me _____ (learn) learn English.
1. joke n. 笑话; 玩笑 常用词组 tell jokes 讲笑话 2. comedy n. 喜剧; 喜剧片
Make a conversation and then practice it with a partner.
A: What do you plan to watch on TV tonight? B: I hope to _________________, but I also watch game shows want to _________________. How about watch sports shows you? Do you _____________ a talk show want to watch soap operas or ___________? A: Oh, I want to ________________. watch soap operas
Answer these questions. Give 3b answers that are true for you. 1. What do you think of game shows? _____________________________ I don’t mind them. 2. What comedy shows do you like to watch? _____________________________ I like to watch The Winner.
3. Do you plan to watch a sports show tonight? _____________________________ No, I don’t. I think it’s boring.
4. What can you expect to learn from the news?
I expect to find out what’s going on ________________________________ around the world. ________________
Ask your classmates questions 3c and write their names in the chart.
Find someone who … wants to watch a movie hopes to watch a sitcom Students’ names
expects to watch the news
plans to watch a sports show never wants to watch a game show
用下列词组来造句。 1. want to … My sister wants to join a music club. 2. expect to … Mr. Li expects to visit America next year. 3. hope to … My cousin hopes to get good grades in math.
4. plan to …
We plan to help Mr. Li clean his office tomorrow. 5. find out Can you find out when the train will leave?
What do your family members want
to watch? Why?
My mother wants to watch soap operas. She thinks they are interesting.
My father doesn’t like soap opera. He loves to watch news. He expects to … My brother likes …, because … My sister likes … My grandma doesn’t like … My grandpa loves …