Do you want to watch a game show?
Survey: Do you like watching TV?
Do you want to watch a game
What are these TV shows?
Tell it like it is
Around the World
Man and Nature
sitcom = situation comedies
中央电视台新闻 晚间新闻 世界报道 天气预报 体育新闻 实话实说 连续剧 人与自然 情景喜剧
CCTV News Evening News World?s Report Weather Report
Tell it like it is
Man and Nature Sitcom
Talk about preferences; Make plans
1a Match the TV shows with the pictures [a-g].
1.talk show____ e
2.soap opera____ d
3.sports show____ b c 4. sitcom _______ 5.game show_____ a g 6.talent show_____ 7.news ________ f
1b Listen and number the shows [1-4] in the order you hear them.
2 ____talent show 4 ____soccer game
____talk show 1 3 ____ news
1c Practice the conversation. Then make your own conversations. A: What do you want to watch? B: What do you think of talk shows? A: They’re Ok. I don’t mind them. B: Then let’s watch a talk show.
don?t mind don?t like can?t stand (不介意, 不反对)
2a Listen to Lin Hui and Sally’s conversation. Number the TV shows [1-5]in the order you hear them ______ sitcoms 1 ______ news 2 ______ game shows 4 3 ______ talk shows ______ soap opera 5
2b Listen again. Complete the sentences. 1. Sally likes to watch sitcoms. 3. Sally thinks than sitcoms. 4. Sally loves of Our Past . . She plans to watch Days are more educational . from
2. Lin Hui thinks she can learn
2c Ask and answer questions about the TV shows in 2a. Use information that is true for you.
A: Do you plan to watch the news tonight?
B: Yes, I like watching the news. I watch it
B: Because I hope to find out what’s going on
around the world.
2d Role-play the conversation.
Grace: What did you do in class today, Sarah?
Sarah: We had a discussion about TV shows.
My classmates like game shows and
Grace: Oh, I can’t stand them. I
love soap operas. I like to
follow the story and see what happens next.
Sarah: Well, I don’t mind soap operas. But my favorite TV shows are the news and talk shows.
Grace: They’re boring!
Sarah: Well, they may not be very exciting, but
you can expect to learn a lot from them.
I hope to be a TV reporter one day.
1.Do you plan to watch the news tonight? 你今晚打算看新闻吗？ plan vt. & vi.计划, 打算，常用搭配为
plan to do sth 计划做某事 plan 还可作名词，如：make plans 制定计划 according to plan 根据计划。 例如： I plan to
go swimming tomorrow. It is better for you to make plan for your future.
2. Do you want to join me? 你想要加入我吗？ 1) want vt. 意为“需要；想要”。
want + n 想要……
I want a sweater. 我需要一件毛衣。
The boy wants to go to Taiyuan.
want to do sth 想要做某事
e.g. If you want to be respected, please learn to
respect others first. 如果你想别人尊重你，就请先尊重别人。
want sb to do sth 想让某人干某事……
I want her to go to a movie with me. 我想让她和我去看电影。
3. What do you think of game shows?
1) What do you think of ...? “你认为·· ·· ··
怎么样?” 谈论对某事物的喜好程度, 可选择的回答有： I like it./I don't mind it./I don't like it./ I can't stand it./I like it very much./I love it./ It's beautiful./They're fantastic.
2) think “想, 考虑, 思索”(v. 动词) 可以和许多
think of “考虑”; “有··的看法”, 有时等同于 ·· ··
e.g. What does he think of Beijing Opera?
My mother always thinks of everything!
think highly of sb. /sth. 对某人或某物评价甚高 e.g. Mr. Black thinks highly of his son. 布莱克先生对他儿子评价甚高。
think about “考虑” (指计划, 观念, 看它是否
e.g. He is thinking about going to China.
4. I don?t mind them.
mind: 介意; 在乎; 反对。其后接名词或v-ing 形式或从句作宾语，常用于疑问句、否定句、 条件句中。 (表示请求或征求意见) Would you mind doing …? e.g. Would you mind opening the door? Do you mind …? e.g. Do you mind my dog?
5. I can?t stand it! 我不能忍受它/我受不了它！
stand 1)“站, 站立” e.g. Stand up! 起立
2) “顺利接受; 忍耐、忍受” (多用于
否定句、疑问句) , 后可接动名词。
e.g. I can?t stand the movie! It is too boring!
Mary couldn't stand the hot weather.
Can you stand the pain? 你忍受得了疼吗?
I can?t stand waiting any longer.
I can?t stand your being treated like that.
Ⅰ. Fill in the blanks.
1. My grandfather likes wearing fashion clothes. doesn?t mind He ____________ what young people think of ________ (认为)him. can?t stand 2. The old men ____________ rock music. They think it?s too noisy. loves 3. Her sister _______ soap opera. That?s her favorite. don?t like 4. I __________ to go shopping with Mother. It?s crowded in the store.
5. --What _____ you think of soap operas? do can?t them --I ______ stand ______.
do 6. --What _____ your classmates think of sports shows?
don?t them --They _____ mind ______. 7. --What _____ she think of my new shirt? does doesn?t it -- She _______ like _____. does 8. --What ______ Tony think of the food? --He likes _____. it do 9. --What ___
__ they think of the cat? it --They love _____.
1. 你觉得肥皂剧怎么样? 我受不了。 What think of soap ______? ________ do you ______ ___ _____ operas I ______ ________ _______. can?t stand them
2. 他不喜欢情景喜剧。 doesn?t like _______. He _______ _____ sitcoms 3. Tina对运动节目不在乎。 doesn?t mind sports shows Tina _______ ______ ______ ______.
4. Tony认为谈话节目怎么样? 他很喜爱它。 does talk show --What ______Tony think of _____ _____? loves -- He ________ it. 5. 我哥哥喜欢体育世界而我姐姐喜欢情景喜剧。 likes while My brother ______ Sports World _______ my sitcom sister likes ________．
6. 你认为这条裙怎么样? 我无法忍受它的颜色。 --What do you think of this skirt? --I can?t stand its color. 7. 你妈妈喜欢访谈节目吗? 非常喜欢, 因为她认为它们很有趣。 --Does your mother like talk shows? --Yes, she does. She thinks they?re interesting.
1. She loves soap operas. (变成一般疑问句, 并作 否定回答) --Does she love soap operas?
--No, she doesn?t. 2. Sally went to bed early last night. (变成否定句) Sally didn?t go to bed early last night . 3. Dick doesn?t mind talk show. (变成 what 引导 的问句) What does Dick think of talk show?
4. Rick's mother loves sitcoms. (变成否定句) Rick's mother doesn?t love sitcoms. 5. I wear colorful clothes because I want to be young and beautiful. (就划线部分提问) Why do you wear colorful clothes?
Don?t watch TV too much! It?s bad for your health and study
1. 了解中央电视台有关的电视栏目名称。 搜集自己喜欢的电视节目的相关资料。 (包括电视栏目名称,主持人以及播出时间) 2. Write down your report.