1. Where’s Lily? We are all here her.
A. beside B. about C. except D. with
2. I’m interested in animals, so I every Saturday working in an animal hospital.
A. pay B. get C. take D. spend
3. We often have sports after class, and I like to play basketball.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
4. Father gave me several pens, but I like ___ of them.
A. none B. both C. any D. neither
5. ---How much are these books?
---You don’t have to ___ . They are free.
A. pay them B. pay for them C. cost them D. spend them
6. ___ do you call that in English?
A. How B. What C. Who D. which
7. Susan’s parents have bought a large house with a swimming pool. It be very expensive.
A. must B. can C. mustn’t D. can’t
8. Little Tom has friends, so he often plays alone.
A. more B. a little C. many D. few
9. ---I called you yesterday evening, but there was no answer.
---Oh, I am sorry I dinner at my friend’s house.
A. have B. had C. was having D. have had
10. Many of the buses and subways ______ crowded in Beijing.
A. be B. are C. is D. were
11. You haven’t finished the work. _______.
A. Neither did I B. Me, too C. Neither have I D. Neither I have
12. --- Would you mind not shouting in the street? --- _______.
A. Yes, please do B. Not at all C. Mind D. Yes, I don’t mind
13. It’s great to be a Red Cross member. I want to look after ______ in the hospital.
A. homeless people B. old people C. poor people D. sick kids
14. I used to be ______ , and I was afraid of speaking in public.
A. funny B. excited C. shy D. alone
15. Mother said that cooking _______ much time every day.
A. paid B. cost C. spent D. took
Plants are very important living things. Life could not go on if there were no plants. This is plants can make food from air, water and sunlight. Animals and men make food from air, water and sunlight. Animals get their food by eating plants and animals Therefore(因此), animals and men need plants in order to This is the reason(原因) why we find that there are so many plants around us.
If you look carefully at the plants around you find that there are many kinds of plants. Some plants are large others are small. Most plants are green..
Some plants have many small leaves. Others have only large leaves. There are many kinds of leaves. Leaves are of shapes(形状) and colours. Leaves are also different in other ways. Some leaves have short leaf stalks(叶茎)while others have long leaf stalks. Still others have 9 stalks at all. The edges(边)of leaves are also different. Some leaves have smooth(光滑的)edges. Some have wave(波状的) edges the teeth of saw(锯).
1. A. why B. because C. how D. that
2. A. don’t B. not C. cannot D. can
3. A. too B. either C. also D. already
4. A. eat B. live C. have D. get
5. A. are going to B. may C. certainly D. will
6. A. when B. yet C. and D. while
7.A. a little B. a few C. little D. few
8.A. much B. different C. same D the same
9.A. not B. none C. neither D. no
10.A. like B. as C. as if D. seem
The students were having their chemistry（化学）class. Miss Li was telling the children what water was like. After that, she asked her students, “What’s water?” No one spoke for a few minutes. Miss Li asked again, “Why don’t you answer my question？Didn’t I tell you what water is like？”
Just then a boy put up his hand and said, “Miss Li, you told us that water has no colour and no smell. But where to find such kind of water？The water in the river behind my house is always black and it has a bad smell.” Most of the children agreed with him.
“I’m sorry, children.” said the teacher, “Our water is getting dirtier and dirtier. That’s a big problem.”
1.The students were having their class.
A. English B. Chinese C. chemistry D. maths
2. Miss Li was telling the children what was like.
A. water B. air C. earth D. weather
3. A boy said, “The water in the river behind my house is always ”
A. white B. black C. clean D. clear
4. Most of the children the boy.
A. agreed with B. wrote to C. heard from D. sent for
5.The water in the river has colour and smell because it is getting .
A. more and more B. less and less C. cleaner and cleaner D. dirtier and dirtier
His parents made him practice violin for hours every day and he also learned Karate (空手道)! To make pocket money, Wang had to deliver (发送) newspapers.
At five or six every morning, Wang was already up. Even on cold winter days, he rode his bike to deliver newspapers to every home!
“When I went outside, other people were not up yet,” he said.
The best moment of his day, he said, was after he got home, tired and hungry, and ate sweet pies his mum had made.
6. The underlined word “” means .
A. 富有的 B. 娇惯的 C. 勤快的 D. 聪明的
7. Why did Wang deliver newspapers?
A. Because he liked this job. B. Because he wanted to make pocket money.
C. Because he was very poor. D. Because his parents told him to do so.
8. We can tell from the story that .
A. Wang’s parents don’t love him.B. Wang can play the violin very well.
C. Wang can make a lot of money by delivering newspapers.
D. Wang got up very early every day.
One of this summer’s hottest books is “That Guy Was Cool.” Sounds like a great book for kids, doesn’t it? But parents and teachers want to read this one, too. It can teach them something about the language of today’s kids.
So lots of people, young and old, went to see the book’s author, 19-year-old Korean girl Guiyeoni, on Saturday. She was in Beijing to sign books for her fans.
“Guiyeoni wrote a story that is near to us and goes to our hearts,” said a Junior 2 student in Beijing. “When I read it, I laughed and I cried.”
Like the “Meteor Garden” TV series, “That Guy Was Cool” tells an unusual story of love between two students. The girl is sweet, but she’s just average（一般的）. The boy is good-looking and has everything, but he is often unhappy because his father died when he was very young. They become close and help each other to be happy. In the end, they fall in love.
“The girl in the book is like me. She’s simple and moody,” said Guiyeoni.
Guiyeoni’s book doesn’t only use words. It also uses things like emotions. Emotions are small icons, like smiling faces, and they are used to show emotions. Kids know what these things mean, because they often use them when they talk on the Internet or send messages with mobile phones.
Guiyeoni said she wrote this way because of her young readers. “Writing with pictures is vivid（生动）and can say a lot of things,” she said.
Guiyeoni began writing the book’s story on the Web in 2001 when she was a Senior 2 （高二）student. Last year, she put that online story together to make this book. “That Guy Was Cool” has been made into a film, and it will come out in Korea next month.
This is Guiyeoni’s first of four books, and she hopes to keep writing as she goes through college.
She also has a message for young writers. “I think that if they try hard, lots of young people can do this.”
9. Guiyeoni is A. a girl who falls in love with her classmate B. the author of “Meteor Garden”
C. a young writer D. one of the emotions
10. Which of the following may Not be an emotion?
A. 8-) B. :-) C. See you. D. :-(
11. The author used emotions to write the book because .
A. she really likes them B. she wants her young readers to be interested
C. pictures can say lots of things
D. she was only a Senior student when she was writing the story
12. Which of the following sayings has the closest meaning to “I think that if they try
hard, lots of young people can do this”?
A. Seeing is believing. B. Time flies.
C. No news is good news. D. Where there is a will, there is a way. D
Mobile phone (手机) has become a problem for middle schools. Some middle schools in Australia have banned (禁止) students from carrying mobile phones during school hours.
Mobile phone use among children has become a problem for the school this year. Several children have got mobile phones as Christmas gifts, and more students will want them. Mary Bluett, an official, said mobile phone use is a distraction (分心的事) to students during school hours and it also gives teachers so much trouble in their classrooms. Teachers were also saying that sometimes students might use phone
She said some schools had tried to ban mobile phones. Some parents felt
unhappy because they couldn’t get in touch with their children.
Many teachers said students should not have mobile phones at school, but if there was a good reason, they could leave their phones at school office. They also said there were many reasons why the students should not have mobile phones at school: they were easy to lose and were a distraction from studies.
Many people say that they understand why parents would want their children to have phones, but they think schools should let the students know when they can use their mobile phones.
13. We know from the passage that some children get mobile phones
A. the makers and sellers B. the passers-by and strangers
C. their parents and friends D. some mobile phone users
A. 聊天 B. 核对 C. 查询 D. 作弊
15. The passage tells us that .
A. students shouldn’t have mobile phones at school except for some special reasons
B. it is impossible to ban students from using mobile phones at school
C. some parents felt unhappy because they couldn’t use their phones at school
D. parents should teach their children how to use mobile phones during school hours
1. Do you think is the coldest month in our country?
2. He wrote more than twenty novels (在…期间) his life time.
3. One is never too old to _______________.
4. Please do not tell it to others. It is a ____________.
5. The __________ (附近的) market sells all kinds of fresh vegetables.
7. Those are very interested in the great places of interest of China.
8. Look at in the mirror. How dirty your faces are!
9. French people speak English as their language.
10. English is much than Japanese.
11. A woman with her children in the park now. (walk)
12. So far, no one me about that. (tell)
13. Mary a telephone call to her grandparents every week. (make)
14. An American doctor Coca-Cola long ago. (invent)
15. We ____________ (clean) out our classroom , so it is now very tidy and bright.
附 加 题
My mother has done so many for me! She gets up 1. early every morning to make a breakfast for me. 2. And she often wake up in the middle of the night 3. to see if I’m sleeping well. Once, when I am ill, I couldn’t 4. eat. Mum was so worried that she wouldn’t eat, too. 5.
1. What's the man's job? You'll know with the help of the lettered pieces. ______________
2. The little boy ran until he was blue in the face. What does the Chinese for “blue in the face” here mean? ___________________
3. What letter should replace the question mark? ____________________
4. Once an old lady went to the market(市场)to sell eggs. She carried a basket of eggs. She sold her eggs to five people. The first bought half of the eggs and another half of an egg. The second, half of the rest and another half of the half left...The fifth took half of the eggs that the fourth person bought and another half of the half left. Then the old lady went back home with an empty basket. Do you know how many eggs the lady sold out and how many each of the five people bought? ___________________
5. What comes next in the below sequence(次序)?
A B C
A ____ 5. ___________
B 7. ___________ 8. ______ ____ 10 ___________
C 12. ___________ 13. __________ 14. __________
My mother has done so many for me! She gets up 1. early every morning to make a breakfast for me. 2. And she often wake up in the middle of the night 3. to see if I’m sleeping well. Once, when I am ill, I couldn’t 4. eat. Mum was so worried that she wouldn’t eat, too. 5. 七、智力测试（10分）
1 ____________________ 2 ____________________
4 _________________ 5 ____________________ 五、书面表达 （不少于60字，15分）
1-10 CDDAB BADCB 11-15 CBDAC
1-5 B C A B D 6-10 D B B D A
1-5 CABAD 6-8 BBD 9-12 CCBD 13-15 CDA
1-5 November, during, learn, secret, nearby.
6-10heavily, visitors, yourselves, second, more useful
11-15 is walking, has told, makes, invented, have cleaned.
1. many →much 2. a breakfast → breakfast 3. wake→wakes 4. am→was 5. too →either
1. School teacher. 2. 精疲力尽。3. W. It has 22 letters in the alphabet(字母表) before it, and three letters after it. 4. 31,16,8,4,2,1 5. D
My name is Li Ming. I was born in hangzhou, Zhejiang Province in March, 1990. I have worked for our school newspaper for two years. I like English writing and computer best and I am very good at them. Last year, I won the first prize in the school English contest. I enjoy reading English stories and collecting stamps. My favourite sport is basketball. My e-mail address is email@example.com.