How do you study for a test?
1. —How do you study for an English test?
A. By work with friends. B. By listen to tapes.
C. By asking the teacher with help. D. By making vocabulary lists.
2. Playing with fire ______ dangerous.
A. is B. was C. be D. will be
3. —What about ______ grammar?
—It’s too boring.
A. finding B. studying C. writing D. playing
4. —We are going hiking tomorrow. What will the weather be like, Benson?
—Why not ______ the radio and listen to the report?
A. turn on B. turn off C. take away D. find out
5. I found ______ very easy to learn English well if you put your heart into it.
A. that B. what C. it D. this
6. —My dad bought me a new MP4, but I don’t know ______.
—Let’s read the instructions.
A. what to use B. which one to use C. how to use it D. when to use it
7. I don’t know how ________this computer.
A. use B. to use C. used D. uses
8. Miss Li regards all her students _______ her children.
A. as B. for C. to D. in
9. If you don’t know how to spell new words, look them ______ in a dictionary.
A. up B. for C. after D. at
10. The small boys decided ______ to each other.
A. not talk B. not talking C. not to talk D. not to talking
How I study English
I often hear some students say English is difficult, and it gives them a headache. So they can’t learn it well. But English is very easy for me. I’m good at it. I’m very glad to tell you something about how I study English.
First, I think an interest (爱好) in English is very important. When I was in Grade One, we had a new subject—English. It was fresh for me. I was interested in it, so I worked hard at it. Soon we had an English exam and I got a very good mark. How happy I was! After that, I learned English harder and harder. Our English teacher often teaches us English songs. The songs sound nice. I often think how interesting English is! Second, I think English is a foreign language. I should learn it well in the following ways: Listen to the teacher carefully, speak bravely, read aloud and have a good vocabulary (词汇) . Then practice again and again, never be tired. And I also have a good habit: Asking whenever (不论何时) I have a question, I must make it clear by asking our English teacher. How happy I am when I understand! Besides this, I often read English stories, jokes and easy novels. From these I know English is not only interesting, but also useful. They help me understand a lot of things. So to do more
reading is an important way to learn English well.
And I also do some exercises from our class magazines, and I often write English diaries. English has become a close friend of mine. Now I have learned English for more than two years. I always keep the first position in our school. From these words, I hope every student can learn English well.
1. Why do some students often “have a headache”?
A. Because they are easy to catch a cold. B. Because it’s often very cold.
C. Because they think English is easy. D. Because they don’t think English is easy.
in English if we want to learn it well.
A. excited B. interested C. quiet D. strict
3.The sentence “I got a very good mark” means “”.
A.I got a good way B.I had a good idea
C.I did badly in the exam D.I did well in the exam
A. English is full of stories B. English is full of jokes
C. his teacher often teaches them nice English songs
D. English is a close friend of his 5. Which of the following is NOT the way the writer studies by?
A. Speaking bravely. B. Writing to foreign friends.
C. Reading aloud. D. Writing English diaries.
1. This term I began to enjoy ________（watch）English movies.
2. A car runs ________（fast）than a bus.
3. I don’t do well in English reading. I read very ________（slow）.
4. I didn’t understand Vera because she didn’t ________（pronunciation）some words clearly.
5. I won’t tell you; it’s a B.用括号里所给单词的适当形式填空
6. Our______ (friend) has lasted for years.
7. Don’t worry. I’ll______(deal) with it.
8. His father was very_______ (frustrate) because he was always late for school.
9. It’s______(fair) to make them do what they don’t like to do.
10. When Tony was young, he was_______(terrify) of the dark. 四、完成句子 （对画线部分提问） ____ _____ he______ his spoken English?
2. She likes playing tennis, too.（改为否定句）
She _____ like playing tennis, _____.
3. They enjoyed themselves yesterday.（改为同义句）
They ______ ________ yesterday. （对画线部分提问）
______ _____ will you go out of the classroom?