Ⅰ. (共5小题；1 *5=5）
1. A. We like to play computer games, but they don't.
B. They don't like to play computer games and we don't like to play computer games, either.
C. They like to play computer games and we also like to play computer games.
2. A. I hate cabbage very much.
B. Cabbage is my favourite.
C. I like cabbage better.
3. A. I got to the farm with my friends yesterday.
B. I got to the airport with my parents yesterday.
C. I arrived at the city at 7 p.m. yesterday.
4. A. The boy from Japan likes Chinese very much.
B. The boy is reading Chinese in the classroom.
C. The boy reads Chinese every morning.
5. A. Mary is an English woman.
B. Mary is an American woman.
C. Mary is from America.
6. A. By car. B. On foot. C. By bus.
7. A. Because his bike is broken.
B. Because he doesn't have one.
C. Because he can't ride a bike.
8. A. She's a fat lady. B. She's a kind lady. C. She's too thin.
9. A. Five. B. Six. C. Seven.
10. A. All. B. Half of them. C. About twenty.
My ___(11)___ animals are fantail___(12)____, because ___(13)___clean and easy to keep. You ___(14)____ feed them very frequently, just __(15)___ a day. They eat ___(16)____ fish food. And they don’t make any___(17)____. They only blow ___(18)___. Fantail goldfish are __(19)___ from other fish. Their tails are more ___(20)___.
Ⅰ.单项选择 (1’* 15 = 15’)
1. The number of the birds in the zoo ____about ninety.
A. am B. is C. are D. be
2. The song sounds _______. Can you sing it again?
A. softly B. wonderfully C. lively D. badly
3. Nancy Green lives _______, but she never feels _______.
A. lonely; alone B. alone; alone C. lonely; lonely D. alone; lonely
4. Tom was late today. He’ll have to come much _______ next time.
A. early B. earlier C. earliest D. the earliest
5. There are more boys in our class than _______.
A. your B. your class C. yours D. in yours
6. This is ________ useful book, and you should read it again.
A. a B. an C. / D. one
7. Kitty’s pencil case is _______ Amy’s. It is also very small.
A. the same colour as B. different from C. alike D. the same size as
8. The trip _______ about five hours by train.
A. spent B. used C. took D. cost
9. ________ is the large house? It’s ________ in area.
A. How much; $ 42,000 B. How big; 240 square meters
C. How long; 24 meters D. How wide; 24 meters
10. Xi Wang _______ a healthy young giant panda and weighed 150 kilograms
A. grew B. grew into C. grew up D. grew out of
11. We should do something _______ the animals in danger ________ being killed.
A. to protect; from B. protect; from C. to protect; for D. protect; for
12. Heilongjiang is in the _________ of China.
A. northeast B northeastern C. northwest D. northwestern
13. --Which of the following birds has a forked tail? --______.
A. Swans. B. Golden eagles. C. Swallows D. Sparrows.
14. Newspapers and magazines ________ people information around the world.
A. carry B. get C. bring D. take
15. Two _________ these students are from Korea.
A. hundreds of B. hundred C. hundreds D. hundred of Ⅱ. 词形转换 (0.5’* 10 = 5’)
1. The passengers are waiting for the ________( arrive ) of the plane in the waiting hall.
2. A kangaroo runs ____________ (fast ) than a bear.
3. He is one of the _________ (hunt).
4. A lot of __________ (wolf) are eating meat over there.
5. The ___________ (survive) of the air accident is going to give a report.
6. He _________ (rare) gets such a low score, because he is a ____________ (carefully) boy.
7. Can you show me the _________ (enter) to the cinema?
8. ‘Help __________ (you) to some oranges.’ Kate said to her friends.
9. I don’t feel like eating anything, I feel even ________ (badly).
Ⅲ. 动词填空(0.5’ * 10 = 5’)
1. She _______ (lose) her purse on her way home yesterday.
2. --Where’s Daniel? --He _____________ ( mop) the floor up.
3. My wife often advises me _________（not smoke ）any more.
4. Teachers should encourage their students _________ (study) hard.
5. We ________ (get) orange if we ______ (mix) red with yellow.
6. The baby felt uncomfortable and she kept _______ (cry).
7. We always have a great time ________ (chat) with each other.
8. Do you think one of the healthiest activities ______ (be) climbing?
9. You’d better _______ (put) on your coat because it’s cold outside.
Ⅳ. 句型转换 (0.5’* 20 = 10’)
1. We provided food for the hungry people. (改为同义句)
We provided the hungry people _______ ________.
2. Lucy dances beautifully. (改为问句)
______ ______ Lucy dance?
3. Keeping healthy is very important for you. (改为同义句)
______ very important _____ _____ ______ _______ healthy.
4. Mothers often leave their baby pandas for two whole days by themselves. (改为同义句) Mothers often leave their baby pandas for two whole days _______.
5. We will not win the match if you don’t help us.( 改为同义句)
We will not win the match _____ ______ ______.
6．You mustn’t play football in front of the house. (改为祈使句)
______ _______ football in front of the house.
7. If the doctor comes later, the child will lose his life. (改为一般疑问句)
______ the child ______ his life if the doctor comes later?
8. Why not sit at the front of the hall? We can hear more clearly. (合并句子)
_____sit at the front of the hall _____ ____ we can hear more clearly.
Ⅴ. 改错 (1’* 10 = 10’)
1. He can travel around the world so he is very rich. __________
2. The boy fell down from the tree and hurt him. __________
3. I don’t leave here until my parents come back. __________
4. We will return back to school in three days. __________
5. Kangarooes are so cute that many people love them. ___________
6. I’d like to invite you joining the Computer Club. __________
7. Unluckily, the man found his lost wallet there. __________
8. Don’t you think it is an amazed match? __________
9. Then people heard a big noise like a thunder. __________
10. Which one is the nicest in all the pictures? __________
Ⅵ. 翻译 (2’* 5 = 10’)
Ⅶ. 完形填空 (1’* 10 = 10’)
Mrs Brown had a small garden in front of her house. She some vegetables in her them."
But the next morning she that her neighbor's ducks had her vegetables. Mrs Brown vegetables now."
3、A．house B．put C．took D．carried D．kept B．looked after C．looked at and her neighbor was very for that. On Christmas day, the neighbor looked very nice. One evening Mrs Brown said to her son, "Tomorrow I am going to the vegetables and eat Mrs Brown a beautiful, fat roast (烤) duck, and said "Mrs Brown, please your B．garden C．vegetables D．sun
4、A．sell B．cook C．water D．pick
D．lent 5、A．found 6、A．dug up 7、A．shouted 8、A．sorry
B．knew B．smiled C．watched C．taken away C．was glad C．angry C．showed C．enjoy B．eaten up B．happy B．pick D．surprised D．save 9、A．borrowed B．brought
Ⅷ. 阅读理解 (1.5’* 10 = 15’)
One day Betty saw a mouse running across her kitchen floor. She was very afraid of mice, so she went out of the house, got on a bus and went down to a shop. There she bought a mousetrap. The shopkeeper told her, ‘Put some cheese in it, and you will soon catch that mouse.’
Betty went home with her mousetrap, but when she looked in her cupboard, she couldn’t find any cheese. It was late. She did not want to go back to the shop. So she cut a picture of some cheese out of a magazine and put that in the trap.
Surprisingly, when Betty came down to the kitchen the next morning, there was a picture of a mouse in the trap beside the picture of the cheese!
1. Betty bought a mousetrap because _______.
A. she saw a mouse on her kitchen floor. B. she was afraid of a mouse
C. she wanted to catch the mouse D. she wanted to see the mouse
2. Betty put a picture of some cheese instead of real one because ________.
A. she wanted to save money B. she liked the picture
C. it was very late and she didn’t want to go out again D. a picture is more useful
3. The next morning Betty found _______.
A. there was no cheese in the kitchen B. the picture of some cheese was missing
C. there was a mouse in the trap D. a picture of a mouse in the trap
Many of us think that all wild animals are dangerous. In fact, very few of them will eat a man if he leaves them alone. If you meet a tiger, I’m sure you’ll run away, but even a tiger doesn’t like meeting a man if it isn’t hungry. Tigers only kill and eat a man when they are too old to catch their food, such as sheep and other small animals. Some animals get frightened when they only smell a man. Some of them stand and look at a man for a short time before they run away.
Others don’t look at all but walk away. Wild animals only eat a man when they are afraid that he will try to kill their young ones, or when he tries to kill them.
4. When you meet a tiger, you _______.
A. will find a way to kill it B. may be in danger
C. don’t have to run away D. must be killed
5. Which of the following is wrong?
A. Most of the wild animals are not dangerous.
B. Some animals run away when they only smell a man.
C. If you leave them alone, wild animals won’t kill you.
D. Tigers never get frightened before a man.
6. You can call Zhang Ying if you want to _________________ .
A. buy a bike B. sell a bike
C. have your bike repaired D. borrow a bike
7. If you want to find work , and you can speak English, you can _____________ .
A. telephone 843-429065 B. call 228-940605
C. call Hofman D. call Lan Fleming
8. One of the reasons why Li wants someone to share his room is that __________.
A. he wants to live near the campus
B. he wants to improve his English
C. he wants his washer, dryer and kitchen to be used
D. he wants someone to use his kitchen
9. Robert Waller wishes to rent a room__________________ .
A. near the school B. far away from the school
C. inside the school D. outside the city
10. Joseph Hofman_____________ .
A. found John Smith’s briefcase B. was a teacher
C. found the briefcase with many books D. found the brown briefcase with some money Ⅸ. 作文 (5’ * 1 = 5’ )
Let’s save Northeast Tigers
Yesterday, I heard on the radio that there were at most seventy Northeast Tigers in the world now. They are in danger now. Why?