引导连词 as, after, before, as soon as, since, until, when, while, whenever, the moment as, because, since
Don’t come in until you are called. While I was watching TV, the bell rang. He told me the news the moment he saw me. He was absent yesterday because he was ill. As the car is expensive, we can’t afford to buy it.
if, unless, on condition that
You won’t pass the exam unless you work hard. I’ll lend you the book on condition that you return it on time.
引导连词 as(so)…as, than
He gets up earlier than he used to.
so that, in order that
although, as, even though, no matter how(when, who, where, what), however, whenever, No matter how difficult the task whoever, wherever, was, they tried their best to finish it. whatever =However difficult the task was, they tried their best to finish it.
He was so tired that he could not walk on. He bent down so that / in order that he couldn’t be seen. Although he is a child, he knows a lot of things. =Child as he is, he knows a lot of things.
1. The earth goes around the sun _____ the moon goes around C the earth. A. so that B. just like C. just as D. as how A 2. We do not necessarily grow wiser _____ we grow older. A. as B. than C. that D. because D 3. It will not be long _____ we can have a trip to the moon.
4. Why do you want a new job _____ you’ve got such a good one D already?
C 5. It’s almost three years _____ I last saw her. A. that B. after C. since D. when
6. _____ what may happen, I won’t change my mind. D
A. Even if
B. Although C. Perhaps D. No matter
7. After the war, a new school building was put up _____D there had once been a theatre. A. that B. when C. which D. where C 8. I don’t think you’ll be able to understand that _____ you are my age. A. as if B. only when C. even when D. in which
9. --- Why was the price of bread so high that year? D --- _____ the war broke out. A. As B. Since C. For D. Because
D 10. _____ he opened the window, a sparrow flew in.
A. Though B. Unless C. If D. The moment
11. The two boys look so much alike _____ no one can tell them A apart. A. that B. and C. as D. so that C 12. People never know the value of freedom _____ they have lost it.
A. as B. when
13. Mother was worried because little Alice was ill, especially A _____ Father was away in France. A. as B. that C. during D. if B 14. You should make it a rule to leave things _____ you can find them again. A. when B. where C. then
D. there D 15. Fewer visitors invited by him came _____ I expected.
A. as if
B. so that
A 16. It seemed only three minutes _____ he got everything ready. A. before B. after C. till D. as
17. I have never spoken ill of her, _____ I don’t like her. D A. if B. because C. so that D. though B 18. _____ you are free tonight, _____ not drop in and play chess with me? A. Because; do C. For; and B. Since; why D. As; but
B 19. The sooner we leave, _____.
A. the earlier will we reach the station
B. the earlier we will reach the station C. we will reach the station earlier D. earlier will we reach the station