《8A Unit 4 Do it yourself Comic strip and Welcome to the unit》
New words: wild, delicious, bear, dolphin, giant panda, kangaroo, squirrel
补充的词汇: poor; polite; shy; beautiful; dangerous; brave; strong; careful; clever;
poisonous; like doing?;can do?
句型：If you eat my food, I won’t talk to you. If I don’t have food, I will die.
To describe different animals according to personal preferences
Step 1 Warm-up activities
1 Create an interest in the issue of sharing the limited natural resources. Depending on the general interest of the class, choose one of the following situations:
* A group of students are stranded on an island. There is not enough food available for everyone to survive.
* Astronauts are stranded in space. They do not have enough oxygen for everyone to survive. 2 Make a list of people involved in the situation, a list of the resources available (e.g., food, oxygen, water, etc.) and a list of how long everyone is able to survive. Ss have to decide whether they stay alive together sharing what they have or they are going to occupy all the resources for their own survival.
3 Ss study the pictures and read the conversation first on their own, then in pairs. Ask two more able students to role-play the conversation.
Step 2 Listening and Reading
Now, let’s listen to Hobo and Eddie twice. After you listen to them, please answer my questions, Is Eddie willing to share the food with Hobo?
Help the Ss to answer. (No.)
I want to know Hobo and Eddie better. Listen again, then read the article by yourselves. Do some True or False exercises. Check the answers.
1. The food is very tasty.
2. Hobo can live without food.
3. Eddie often takes care of Hobo.
4. There is enough food for Hobo and Eddie.
Now please pay more attention to these two sentences.
*If you eat my food, I won’t talk to you. *If I don’t have food, I die.
Step 3 Describing
In the story Hobo and Eddie need enough food but there isn’t, so they are poor. The word “poor” can describe an animal, can you find some other words to describe an animal? Now let’s play a game “Bingo”!
1. It has a long, soft tail and lives in the trees. It can climb trees quickly.
2. It is the biggest animals on land. It can lift heavy things.
3. It looks like a large fish in warm sea. You can watch them jump in the zoo.
4. It’s like a bear, but it has black and white fur.
5. It lives in Australia and it has a long strong tail and has strong legs. There is a useful bag for its baby.
6. It looks like a cat and has yellow fur and black stripes.
7. It’s large and heavy with thick(厚)fur. It is very strong.
8. It has no legs. Some of them are poisonous enough to kill people.
9. We can get meat from them. It likes sleeping very much.
10. It’s small. It is afraid of cats because cats like eating them for a nice meal.
11. It is very clever. Its favorite food is banana.
12. It’s a useful animal for people. When the stranger comes, it’ll bark.
Step 4 Presentation
1.Wild animals wild 的用法
adj.野生的 Some wild flowers are growing in a corner of the garden.
n.野生状态 The bird is too tame now to survive in the wild.
2．Can I have some? Some的用法 pron. Some of these books are quite useful. Some answered “yes”.
Adj. I have some English books.
Give me some more water. 再给我一些水。
He has waited some time. 他已经等了一会。
Would you have some tea? 您喝茶吗？
1)I wonder if this idea of mine is any good.我想知道我这个想法是否可行。
Does she have any new friends? 她有一些新朋友吗？
He is taller than any other student in his class.他比他班上的任何学生都高。
You may take any one of these. 这些当中你可以随便拿一个。
We got there without any trouble.我们没有任何麻烦的到达了那儿。
3．If I don’t have food, I will die.
Die v. 死（亡），其现在分词形式为dying，形容词形式为dead, 意为”死的。”die表示死的动作或行为，为短暂性动词，不能和表示段时间的状语连用。例如，
His grandfather died the day before yesterday.他的祖父前天去世了。
His aunt has been dead for two years.他的婶婶去世两年了。
The dog is dying.这条狗快要死了。
4．If I die, no one will look after you.
No one and none的用法区别。1)No one只用来指人，意思是没有人，作主语是谓语动词用单数形式，不能与of 短语连用。none既可以指人也可以指物，后面可以接of短语，none作主语时，如果它指代的是可数名词，谓语动词用单数复数都可以。如果它指代的是不可数名词，谓语动词用单数形式。
No one is there.没有人在那里。
None of them are students.他们都不是学生。 None of us has/have been to Qingdao.我们都没去过青岛。
None of the money was paid to me.一分钱也没有付给给我。
2)在回答以how many and how much提出的以及有特定范围的问及句时。用none不用no one，回答以who提出的特殊疑问句用no one不用none. -----How many of the women are teachers? ----- None.这些女人中标有碍多少是不是教师？一个也没有。
-----How much water is left in the bottle? -----None.瓶子里还剩多少水？一点儿也没剩。 ----Who are you speaking to? 你在跟谁说话？----No one.没跟谁说话。
5．Kangaroo n. There are many kangaroos in the forest.
6．The chairperson of the wild club is giving a test on wild animals.
Give a test的用法; give a test举行测验，参加测验表示为“ take a test”，例如， The school is giving a test.这所学校正在举行一次测验。 All the students must take a test.所有的学生必须参加一次考试
1 Learn the language points by heart.
3 Preview the Reading Part.
一、选择题：. ( ) 1. Everyone should do something wild animals.
A. to protect B. protecting C. protect D. to protecting ( ) 2. I find it very hard maths .
A. learn; good B. to learn; good C. learn; well D. to learn; well
( ) 3. —— Do you want to go swimming this afternoon?
—— Yes, if the weather warm.
A. will be B. would be C. was D. is ( ) 4. Bees you if you them.
A. bite; trouble B. will bite; will trouble
C. bite; will trouble D. will bite; troubles
( ) 5. Why not ask to help you with your lessons?
A. everyone B. anyone C. someone D. nobody
( ) 6. —— I wonder if it is going to rain next week?
—— If it I have to stay at home.
A. is B. does C. do D. will ( ) 7. The parents became when they got the news.
A. excited; exciting B. exciting; excited C. excited; excited D. exciting; exciting