1. A. discussion B. discuss C. decision
2. A. happy B. happens C. happiness
3. A. famous B. nervous C. serious
4. A. some B. educational C. meaningless
5. A. culture B. same C. English
6. Where did Mary go this summer holiday?
7. What does Amy like about Japan?
8. What is Jack’
s mother doing?
9. What is Ann’s favourite pet?
10. How did Kate go to the Great Wall yesterday?
A. By bike. B. By bus. C. By the underground.
11. What program will they watch tonight?
A. Animal World B. Sports News C. Around the World
12. Where are they talking?
A. In the office. B. At the doctor’s. C. At home.
13. Why does Lisa go to work by bike?
A. She lives near her office. B. She doesn’t have a car. C. She’s doing exercise.
14. What’s the matter with the man?
A. He’s tired. B. He drinks too much milk. C. He can’t go to sleep.
15. How is Tina different from Tara?
A. Tina is taller. B. Tina’s hair is longer. C. Tina’s hair is curlier.
16. Where are the two speakers most probably talking?
A. In a park B. On the road C. In a shop
17. How will the woman go to the Children’s Palace?
A. Walk there B. Catch the NO. 309 bus C. Take the subway 听下面一段对话，回答18至20小题
18. What are the speakers talking about?
A. Their vacation plans B. A piano lesson C. Ann’s family
19. When are William’s family going to Qingdao?
A. On June 15 th B. On June 25 th C. On June 23 rd
20. Which is NOT right?
A. William doesn’t know how long he is staying in Qingdao.
B. Ann makes her plan to babysit and have violin lessons.
C. William is going to Qingdao on June 25 th
21. Daniel wanted to stay ______ that night．
A．in the old man’s house B．in his car． C．at a hotel
22. After Daniel saw the old man，he stopped his car because ________．
A．there was something wrong with his car
B．he wanted to ask the way to the hotel
C．he couldn’t drive any longer
23. The old man wanted to _______．
A. go to the hotel B. go home C. go to the city
24. They drove for about ______ after they passed the hotel．
A. nine miles B. twelve miles C. twenty-one miles
25. In fact, the old man ______ the Sun Hotel．
A. knew B. didn’t know C. lived in
31. --____do they visit their grandparents?
--Once a week.
A. How soon B. How much C. How long D. How often
32. --Was your brother at home last night?
--No, he ____ to his friend’s birthday party.
A. goes B. has gone C. was going D. went
33. She shows ___ in music and sports.
A. talent B. talented C. talenting D. talents
34. ____ Michael Jackson has left us, his songs will be in our hearts forever.
A. However B. Because C. Although D. But
35. He is going fishing _____ his vacation now.
A. in B. to C. on D. at
36. The teacher asked the students to ____ a story about their families.
A. get up B. turn up C. clean up D. make up
37. Can you finish the work better with ____ money and _____ people?
A. less, fewer B. fewer, less C. little, little D. few, few
38. ____ is very important for us to learn English well.
A. This B. That C. It D. One
39. --Will you please answer the door? It _____ be your sister.
--Sorry, I ____. I’m feeding the rabbit.
A. must; mustn’t B. will; can’t C. may; can’t D. must; needn’t
40. --Did you decide _____ a bicycle to school?
A. by B. riding C. to by D. to ride
41. --Arthur is a loving grandmother
--Yeah, she ____ all her free time with her grandchildren.
A. pays B. takes C. uses D. spends
42. The earthquake _____ on May 12,2008 in Si chuan.
A. happened B. takes place C. took place D. happen
43. My grandma is ill, and I have to _____ her on Sunday.
A. look for B. look after C. look like D. look at
44. I don’t like action movies, I think they’re ______.
A. boring B. difficult C. famous D. exciting
45. Dad will give me ______ to eat ______ my fourteenth birthday.
A. different something, on B. something different, on
C. something different, in D. different something, in
46. Mike hurt his back seriously and can ____ get out of bed without help.
A. quickly B. easily C. nearly D. hardly
47. --____ do you _____ sitcoms?
-- I love them.
A. How; think of B. How; like of C. What; think of D. What; like
48. Jimmy and Timmy are both 50 kg, that is to say, Jimmy is ______ Timmy.
A. so heavy as B. as heavy as C. so heavier as D. as heavier as
49. --The Yellow River is the _____ in Northern China.
--I know it’s much shorter than the Changjiang River.
A. two longer rivers B. two longest rivers
C. second longer river D. second longest river
50. --Excuse me. Can I take this seat?
--____. A girl sat here just now. Maybe she went to WC.
A. I’m afraid not B. I can’t hear you C. It doesn’t matter D. It’s nothing.
classes this afternoon, a party Day. At about two o’ . They told us to study table with , some oranger on it. We sang and had a good interesting the party was!
51. A. not some B. no C. not a D. not
52. A. took B. gave C. had D. liked
53. A. the Children's B. the Childrens' C. Children's D. the Children
54. A. on 55. A. said 56. A. passed 57. A. Last 58. A. apple
59. A. Every one 60. A. How B. about B. talked B. gave B. At last B. egg B. All us B. What an C. with C. told C. made C. First C. cake C. All of we C. How an D. to D. spoke D. kept D. At first D. fish
D. Everyone D. What
Today more and more people begin to care about young people's mental(心理的) health. with their mind(头脑). Some students become worried study very hard and get high grades.
started to cut his student, 14 years old, from Guangzhou, was always worried about her exams very much. When she looked at the exam paper, she couldn't go for help, because they think if they go to see a doctor, others will know their secrets.
to young people: to your parents or teacher;
Go to see a doctor if you feel 70 or ill； Join in group activities and play sports. 61. A. ideas B. problems C. dreams D. things 62. A. should B. have to C. may D. can 63. A. Before B. If C. When D. Until 64. A. in B. under C. with D. by 65. A. Other B. The other C. Others D. Another 66. A. something B. everything C. nothing D. anything 67. A. like to B. k now of C. think about D. think of 68. A. advice B. ways C. means D. opinions 69. A. Tell B. Talk C. Walk D. Take 70. A. happy B. unhappy C. excited D. relax 三、补全对话(5分)
A: Hello, Ted! Where are you going? A: The zoo? Can I go with you? ’s go. A: How do we go there? A: Which is your favorite animal? . Do you like them? A: Lions are too dangerous.
B: Yes. They’re dangerous. But they’re brave(勇敢A: I like panda. They are lovely and friendly. 四、阅读理解(40分
People in many countries are learning English. Some of them are small children. Others are teenagers. Many are adults. Some learn at school, others by themselves. A few learn English by hearing the language over the radio, on TV or in films. One must work hard to learn another language.
Why do all these people want to learn English? It is difficult to answer this question. Many boys and girls learn English at school because it is one of their subjects required (要求) for study. They study their own language and math and English. Some people learn it because it is useful for their work. Many people learn English for their higher studies, because at colleges or universities some of their books are in English. Some people learn English because they want to read newspapers or magazines in English.
76. Teenagers, adults and ___________learn English.
A. workers B. farmers C. children D. people
77. People learn English________.
A. at schools B. over the radio
C. on TV D. not all in the same way
78. Different kinds of people learn English ________.
A. together with other subjects B. for different reasons
C. for their work D. for higher studies at college
79. From this passage we know that________.
A. we can learn English easily
B. English is very difficult to learn
C. English is learned by all people in the world
D. English is a useful language but one must work hard to learn it
80. Which of the following is right?________.
A. We don't need to learn any foreign languages
B. We can do well in all our work without English
C. English is the most important subject in schools
D. We should learn English because we need to face the world
There lived a little deer in the forest. He had beautiful antlers（鹿角）, so he was very happy. But when he saw his ugly legs, he was very sad. One day. he was looking at his beautiful antlers reflected（映射） in the river when a tiger came up. The deer ran away. The tiger ran after him. Suddenly the deer had to stop, because his antlers caught in the branches（枝） of a tree. He did his best to get clear of the branches and began to run again. When he stopped at a safe place, he said, “The beautiful antlers almost(几乎) took his life, but the ugly legs saved my life.”
81. The deer was sad because________.
A. he couldn’t run fast. B. he had ugly legs. C. he had beautiful antlers.
82. When the deer saw his antlers, he was_________.
A. sad B. afraid
83. The tiger_______.
A. wanted to eat the deer B. did not run after the deer
84. The deer did his best to________.
A. run after the tiger B. get clear of the branches
85. The story tells us_______.
A. Don’t judge things by appearances
B. We shouldn’t like ugly things
C. Don’t love beautiful things C. happy C. did not want to eat the deer C. save his antlers
86. You can go to Happy Children’s Palace to learn some skills(技能) except(除了) ______.
A. Monday B. Thursday C. Wednesday D. Sunday
87. If you want to improve your English, you can learn from ______.
A. Miss Yang Jing B. Pro. J. Brown C. Pro. Wang Lan D. Pro. G. White
88.If you are interested in Painting, Miss Yang Jing can teach you _______.
A. from 19:00 to 20:30 on Monday B. from 17:30 to 19:00 on Tuesday
C. from 7:00 to 8:30 on Friday evening D.from 18:00 to 19:00 on Wednesday
89. If you don’tA. how to use the new software B. swimming
C. how to take photos D. painting
90. Which of the following statements(陈述) is right? ________.
A. Pro.G. White gives a talk about English learning for students on Monday Morning
B. If you want to learn swimming, you should go there on Sunday afternoon
C. You can go to learn how to use Office 2000 from Pro. J. Brown
D. Pro. J. Brown teaches children English from 15:00 to 16:30 on Saturday.
Mary is an American girl. She is now in Beijing with her parents. Mary doesn't know much
Chinese, but she is studying it. She often speaks Chinese with her Chinese friends. Sometimes th
ey can't understand her, because she can't speak Chinese very well. It's Saturday morning. She go
es out. She is walking in the street. She wants to go to the zoo to see the elephants and monkeys,
but she doesn't know how to get there. She asks a Chinese boy the way. The boy can't understand
her. Then she takes out a pen and a piece of paper. She draws an elephant on it, and shows the pi
cture to the boy. The boy understands, and shows her the way to the zoo.
91. Mary is__________ .
A. Chinese B. English C. Japanese D. American
92. Ma ry is in__________ with her parents now.
A. Shanghai B. Beijing C. New York D. London
93. Mary doesn't know how to get to__________ .
A. the zoo B. the park C. her home D. her school
94. Mary can't speak__________ very well.
A. English B. England C. China D. Chinese
95. At last the boy__________ .
A. can understand Mary’s Chinese B. takes her to the zoo
C. shows her the way to the zoo D. draws a picture for Mary, too
96. Let’s find some i____________(信息) about Bill Gates on the Internet
97. Next time they will have a good chance to a________ (出现) on TV.
98. The weather in China is s_________ (相似的) to that in Japan.
99. His grandmother is well because she often e__________ (锻炼)
100.Drinking milk is good for your h________ (健康)
出一些保持健康的建议，不少于60词。 关键词： sleep(睡眠)
I’m sorry to hear that you don’t feel well. First , you should _________________________
26________ 27________ 28________ 29___________ 30__________
补全对话（5分） 阅读理解(40分) 八年级英语试题第9页（共8页）
96._________ 97._________ 98.__________ 99._________ 100.__________
I’m sorry to hear that you don’t feel well. First, you should __________________________
1-5: ABCCA 6-10:AABCB 11-15:AACCC 16-20:BCABB 21-25: CBBAA 26: America 27: hair 28: tennis 29: 6:30 30: teacher
31-35: DDACC 36-40: DACCD 41-45: DABAB 46-50: DCBDA
51-55. BCCBD 56-60.BBCDA 61-65.BBCCD 66-70. DAABB
76-80: CDBDD 81-85:BCABA 86-90: BDCBD 91-95: DBADC
96. information 97. appear 98. similar 99. exercises 100. health
I’m sorry to hear that you don’t feel well. First, you should have enough sleep. It’s very important. Usually we need about eight hours’ sleep every night. And you should exercise every day, you can run or play ball games in the morning. At last, you should try to eat lots of vegetables and fruit. You’d better not eat too much junk food. I hope you can look after yourself and keep healthy.
1. We had a discussion about TV shows.
2. I like to follow the story and see what happens next.
3. When my father talks to me, he looks very serious.
4. Lots of people think scary movies are meaningless.
5. But one very famous symbol in American culture is a cartoon.
6. M: Where did you go this summer holiday, Mary?
W: I went to America for my holiday with my parents.
7. M: What do you like about Japan, Amy?
W: I like Japanese food especially sushi.
8. M: What is your mother doing, Jack?
W: She is cooking.
9. M: Do you like cats best, Ann?
W: No, my favourite pet is a rabbit.
10. M: Did you visit the Great Wall yesterday, Kate?
W: Yes, I took a bus to get there.
11. M: Would you like to watch Animal World with me tonight?
W: That’s a good idea.
12. M: I’m not feeling well, Mary.
W: Oh, you should go home and have a good rest.
13. M: Hi Lisa. You are riding a bike today.
W: Yes. Driving a car to work every day makes me much heavier.
14. M: I can’t sleep at night, doctor.
W: Don’t get stressed out. And drink some milk before you go to bed.
15. M: Here come the twins.
W: Well, I really can’t tell who is Tina, if her hair isn’t curlier than Tara’s.
W: Could you tell me how I can get to the Children’s Palace?
M: You can take the No. 309 bus or take the subway.
W: How long does it take by bus?
M: About 25 minutes.
W: Mm, it takes too long. I can’t wait.
M: Then you can take the subway. The subway station is 50 meters from here. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the Children’s Palace.
W: Many thanks.
M: Do you have any plans for your vacation, Ann?
W: No, William, but my Mum has made plans for me. I’m babysitting my little sister and having a piano lesson.
M: Poor Ann! I’m going to Qingdao with my family. My uncle’s family are going there,too. W: Great! When are you going?
M: My family are going on June 25 th. And my uncle’s are 2 days earlier.
W: How long are you staying?
M: It depends on my father.
W: Have great fun, William.
Daniel likes traveling around the country in his car. One evening he was driving along a road and looking for a small hotel when he saw an old man. He stopped his car and said to the old man, “I want to go to the Sun Hotel. Do you know the way?”
“Yes.” The old man answered. “I’ll show you the way.” He got into Daniel’s car, and they drove for about twelve miles. When they came to a small house, the old man said, “Stop here.” Daniel stopped and looked at the house. “But this isn’t a hotel.” He said to the old man.
“No,” the old man answered. “This is my house. And now I’ll show you the way to the Sun Hotel. Turn around and go back nine miles, then you’ll find the Sun Hotel on the left.”
Hi! My name is Jim Green. My friends like to call me Jim. I’m an American boy. I am tall and have short curly hair. I also wear a pair of glasses. My birthday is October 2 nd . I like playing tennis. I like to go to school too. Every morning, I get up at 6:30. Then I read English books. English is very interesting. I like it. And I want to be an English teacher. I think I can teach well.