I’m going to study computer science
1a Match the pictures with the New Year’s resolutions. resolution
1. Learn to play an instrument（乐器） 2. make the soccer team
3. get good grades 4. eat healthier food 3
5. get lots of exercise
1b Pair work
A: What are you going to do next year? B: Well, I’m going to take guitar lessons. I really love music. A: Sounds interesting. I’m going to learn a foreign language. B : Are you? Great! But foreign languages are not for me.
foreign adj. 外国的 foreigner n.外国人
1c Listen and circle the resolutions you hear in 1a
1. learn to play an instrument 2. make the soccer team 3. get good grades
4. eat healthier food
5. get lots of exercise
1d Listen again and fill in the chart.
How are they going to do it?
learn to play the piano
I’m going to take piano lessons.
I’m going to study hard and do get good grades my homework every day.
I’m going to practice really hard. make the soccer (I’m going to go to a summer camp Mike team and play soccer every day there.)
Pair works: What other resolutions can you make?
A: I want to be a teacher. B: How are you going to do that? A: Well, I’m going to study hard and get good grades. B: Sounds like a good plan. I want to get a lot of exercise.
2a Discuss the questions with your partner.
Did you make any resolution last year? No , I didn’t. Were you able to keep them? Why or why not? No , I wasn’t. Because I forgot them.
be able to… 会；能够
2b Read the passage and match each paragraph with its main purpose.
To question the idea of making resolutions To give the meaning of resolution To discuss the different kinds of resolutions
make promise 做承诺
1. Do you know what a resolution is? It’s a kind of promise. Most of the time, we make promises to other people. (“Mom, I promise I’m going to tidy my room when I get back from school.”) However, promises you make to yourself are resolutions, and the most common kind is New Year’s resolutions. D When we make resolutions at the beginning of the year, we hope that we are going to improve our lives. Some people write down their resolutions and plans for the coming year. This helps them to remember their resolutions. Others tell their family and friends about their wish and plans. write down
V. improve 改进；提升 写下，记下
physical adj. 身体的 physical health 身体健康
2. There are different kinds of resolutions. Some are about physical health. For example, some people promise themselves they are going to start an exercise program or eat less fast food. Many resolutions have to do with selfA improvement. ______ Some people might say they are going to take up a hobby like painting or taking photos, or learn to play the guitar. Some resolutions have to do with better planning, like making a weekly plan for schoolwork.______ B
take up 开始从事；拿起
have to do with… 与…相关
sth in common （with） 有共同之处
3. Although there are differences, most resolutions have one thing in common. People hardly ever keep them! ________Sometimes the resolutions may be C too difficult to keep. Sometimes people just forget about them. For this reason, some people say the best resolution is to have no resolutions! How about you— will you make any next year?
too…to… 太…而不能 …
2c Write the letters [A-D] in the correct places in the passage.
A: There are about making yourself a better person. B: For example, a student may have to find more time to study. C: There are good reasons for this. D: The start of the year is often a time for making resolutions.
2d Answer the questions with short sentences.
1.What is a resolution?
It is a kind of promise.
2. When do people usually make resolutions? The start of the year. 3.Why do people usually make resolutions?
They want to improve their lives.
4. How do people remember their resolutions?
They write down them or tell their family and friends.
5.How many kinds of resolutions does the writer talk about? Three .
6.Why do you think resolutions may be difficult to keep? Because people just forget about them. 7.Do you agree with the writer? Why or why not? Yes , I think so. Because doing is better than saying.
1. at the beginning of this year 在今年的年初
beginning n. 开头, 反义词为 end，结束。
at the beginning of 在……开始 at the end of 在……末尾 from the beginning to end 从头到尾 如：He will come here at the beginning of this month. 我们在月初来到这里。
3a Complete the first two paragraphs about resolutions with the words in the box.
take listen make is help learn are Resolutions______ promises to yourself. They are may______ to make you a better person and to make help your life easier. I’m going to ______ four resolutions. make The first resolution has to do with my own personal improvement. Next year, or maybe sooner, I am going take to ______ up a new hobby. I think singing ______ a is great activity so I am going to ______ to sing. I think learn this will make my family happy because they love to listen ______ to music and sing together.
Write about your resolutions:
(In each paragraph, write what you are going to do and why.) The second resolution is about improving my physical health.________________________________________ _____________________________________________ The third resolution is about improving my relationships with my family and friends. _____________________________________________ _____________________________________________ The last resolution is about how to do better at school. _____________________________________________ _____________________________________________
1 Match the jobs with the school subjects.
1.computer programmer 2.engineer 3.doctor 4. basketball player 5.scientist medicine computer science math science P.E.
2 Fill in the blanks in the conversation.
What do you ________to be when you grow up? want B: I want ________ a scientist. to be How A:Wow! That sounds cool. But it’s difficult. ________ going are you ________ to do that? going B: After I finish high school, I’m ________ to go to university. going A: ________ are you ________ to study? Where B: In Hefei. I’m ________ to study there for four years. going to be going A: I think I want ________ a teacher. I’m ________ to teach in Wuhan.
3 Write about your plans.
Tomorrow, I’m going to_____________________ have an English lesson. Next week, ______________________________ I am going to travel to Dalian.
I am going to visit my friend. Next month, ______________________________
Next year, ________________________________ I am going to move to another city.
Ⅰ. 请根据汉语提示完成下列句子 每空词数不限
1. Alice and Ben made their New Year’s resolutions ______________________ (新年决心) yesterday. write down 2. Please__________ (写下)your name!
get good grades 5. Tony is going to _______________ (取得 好成绩) next year.
have to do with
1.They have a basketball match every Sunday. (用next Sunday替换every Sunday) They ____ _____ ___ _____ a basketball are going to have match next Sunday. 2. We are going to have a school trip next week. (就划线部分提问) _____ are What ____ you ___ ___ _____ next week? to do going 4. I’m, going to, walk, school, not, to, (连词成句) I’m not going to walk to school. __________________________________
3. I’m going to see my teacher on
Teachers’ Day. (改为一般疑问句,
并做肯定回答） Are you your --____ ____ going to see _____ teacher on Teachers’ Day? --Yes, I am. 5. Friday, what, is, do, going, to, next,
he (连词成句） What is he going to do next Friday ________________________________?
Write a passage about how you
are going to make your city cleaner.