2011-2012学年9年级英语（ 牛津译林版）上册素材（含教案和练习）Unit 5
9A Unit 5 Grammar
2. 用 ‘should’, ‘ought to’, ‘had better’, ‘have to’ and ‘must’ 提建议
3. 用 ‘why not’, ‘why don’t you’and ‘perhaps’提建议
1. Structure(结构)： had+p.p.(动词的过去分词)
1) 一般动词 +ed clean—cleaned believe—believed
2) 以e结尾的动词 +d live—lived use—used raise—raised
3) 以“辅音字母+y” y→i+ed try—tried cry—cried study—studied
1) 没有变化 cut—cut cost—cost let—let put—put
buy—bought—bought build—built —built burn—burnt—burnt
become—became—become come—came—come run—ran—run
do—did—done give—gave—given fly—flew—flown
用心 爱心 专心 - 1 -
过去完成时表示在过去某一时间或动作之前已经发生或完成了的动作，即“过去的过去（the past past ）”。
She had put most of her effort into ballet training before she entered the film industry. She had been a model before she became a Hollywood superstar.
1) The train _________________(leave) before I got to the railway station.
2) We had breakfast after we ________________(do) morning exercise.
3) Miss Yang _________________(be) a typist before she moved to Shenzhen.
4) When we reached the cinema, the film _____________________(begin).
5) We ____________________(learn) two units by last month.
6) They ______________________(be)to the USA ten times by the end of last September.
7) She __________________(finish) her homework before nine o’clock last night.
（1）by + 过去的时间点。如：by 1990, by yesterday evening, by then
（2）by the end of + 过去的时间点。如：by the end of last term
（3）before + 过去的时间点。如：before 9:00 a.m
1) 肯定句:主语+助动词 had + 过去分词（v.-ed）+其他。其中 had 通用于各种人称。I had been here before he came here.
2) 否定句：主语+hadn’t（had not）+v.-ed +其他
I hadn’t been here before he came here.
用心 爱心 专心 - 2 -
3) 一般疑问句：Had +主语+v.-ed+其他？
Had you been here before he came here?
Yes, I had. No, I hadn’t.
4) 特殊疑问句:特殊疑问词+had+主语+ v.-ed ？
—What had she been before she became a Hollywood superstar?
—She had been a model before she became a Hollywood superstar.
1) The party had begun when he arrived.(改为一般疑问句）
_________________________________________ 2) I had finished the competition by 8:00yesterday.(对划线部分提问）
3) They had worked for 10 years by the end of last year.(改为否定句）
4) Had you reached the top of the hill before midnight?(否定回答）
· borrow → keep，
· buy → have，
· begin → be on，
· finish → be over，
· come/go/get to+地点→ be in+地点，
· die → be dead，
· leave → be away，
· get to know → know，
· join+组织→ be in+组织或be a+成员。
· open → be open
· close →be closed
1) I ____________ _______________ (买) the book for 10 days before you asked me to buy one.
2) His grandpa ___________ __________ ________ (死) for 3 years, before he went to college.
用心 爱心 专心 - 3 -
3) My mum ___________ __________ ___________ (去) Shanghai for a week, before the school was over.
They had arrived at the station by ten yesterday. (说明不到10点就在车站了）
They arrived at the station at ten yesterday.
Audrey Hepburn had also been a model before she became a Hollywood superstar.
3）当两个或两个以上的动作用and或but连接时，按时间顺序只需用一般过去时代替过去完成时；另外在引导的从句中由于这些连词本身已经表示时间的先后，因此也可以用过去时来代替过去完成时 He entered the room, turned on the light and read an evening paper.
I (had) called her before I left the office.
（二）用 ‘should’, ‘ought to’, ‘had better’, ‘have to’, and ‘must’ 提建议
1. should 和ought to
用should/ought to 可以表示“劝说”或“督促”， 和must 一样， 但三者语气强弱不同。 用ought to则语气上不那么坚定。
I ought to write to him today.
We should protect the environment.
You must do your homework.
2. must 与have to
have to 表示“必须”，侧重于客观的需要，含有“不得不”的意味。
He must say it in English. (I want him to do.)
He has to say it in English. (Because he doesn’t know Chinese.)
He must move the big box. (I am too busy to help.)
He has to move the big box. (He’s got no one to help him.)
3. had better (常缩写为’d better) ，是一固定词组，表示“最好”，用于表示对别人的劝告、建
用心 爱心 专心 - 4 -
had better 后面加动词原形，即 had better do sth.。不论主语是第几人称，句子无论是何种时态，had better的形式不变。有时简略地说成 “better do sth.”。
You’d better put on the coat. It’s cold outside.
had better 的否定形式为had better not do sth. 表示“最好不要做??”。
You’d better not miss the last bus.
You’d better not play on the road. It’s dangerous.
You had better get there on time tomorrow,____________?
You had better not play on the road, ___________?
It might be better for you?
It would be better for you ?
（三）用 ‘why not’, ‘why don’t you’and ‘perhaps’提建议
Why not??/Why don’t you ??
Why not??/ Why don’t you ?? 后面必须跟动词原形。
Why not go swimming?=Why don’t you go swimming?
Why don’t you go out for a walk? =Why not go out for a walk?
1.My mother was ill. I ______ stay at home to look after her.
A. must B. have to C. could D. can
2. —____ go shopping with your father?
— That’s a good idea.
A. Why don’t B. Why not C. Do D. Does
3. You ___ give up smoking.
A. would better B. had better C. would better to D. had better to
4. Why don’t you _____climbing with us tomorrow?
A. to go B. going C. go D. goes
用心 爱心 专心 - 5 -
5. Cars, buses and bikes ___ stop when the traffic lights changes to red.
A. can B. may C. must D. need
6. It’s too hot. Perhaps you ______ swimming this afternoon.
A. must go B. should go C. may go D. can go
7. To make our hometown more beautiful, you ______throw rubbish into the river.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. must D. need
8. How interesting the news is! Why _____ join us?
1. How many English words _____ you ________ (learn) by the end of last term?
2. I _____ (read) the book twice till yesterday.
3. He ___________(learn) English before he came here.
4. When I got to the station, the train ___________ (leave).
5. By the time he was fourteen he ________ (set) up a small chemistry lab for his son.
6. After I ______________(finish) doing my homework, I went to sleep.
7. They ______________(not read) three books by then.
8. Why didn’t you see the film yesterday? Because I __________ (see) it.
9. I received a letter from my friend. We __________(not hear) from each other since 1987.
10._____ he _____ (know) anything before you told him it?
11. We ____________ ( learn ) 2000 English words since we came to this school.
We___________(learn)2000 words by last week since we came to this school.
We ____________ ( learn ) 500 words last term.
12. He _____________( end ) his project by next week.
He______________(end) his project by last week.
13. A: ____he still ______( do ) his homework when you _____ ( get ) home yesterday? B: No, he ________ already ________ ( do ) it when I got home.
14. I _____________ (not realize) she wasn’t Chinese until she spoke.
1. You look so tired. ______________(你最好不要学习得太晚). B. no C. don’t D. not
用心 爱心 专心 - 6 -
3. ________________________ (或许我们可以向朱老师求助). He is kind and helpful.
4. _____________________(你为什么不出去啊？) ？You should not study all the time.
5. _______________________(你得保持安静) while reading in the library.
6. 你最好呆在家里，休息一会儿。 You and have a rest.
7. 晚上你最好不要独自一人外出。 You alone at night.
8. 看电影的时候，你必须保持安静。 You keep quiet while watching the film.
Children under 12 buy tickets.
You buy tickets to go into the museum.
John is a paperboy. He delivers(投递) newspapers to different houses in his street every day. He has about 80 customers(客户). Half of his customers only take the newspapers on weekdays, and about half take the newspapers on weekends and on Sundays. Two of John's customers only take the newspapers on Sundays.
John has to get up at 4:30 every morning to deliver his newspapers. It takes longer to deliver the newspapers on Sundays. The Sunday newspapers are twice as heavy as those on weekdays.
John is saving his money to buy a new bicycle. He is also saving money for college(大学). He has already saved 500 dollars.
1. John _______ every day.
A. reads books
B. sells newspapers D. delivers newspapers C. borrows books
2. How many customers does he have?
A. About 40. B. About 120. C. About 80. D. About 20.
3.________ of his customers only take the newspapers on Sundays.
A. Two B. Eighty C. Forty D. Twenty
用心 爱心 专心 - 7 -
4. What time does he have to get up every morning?
A.3:30. B.4:30. C.5:30. D.6:30.
5. John is saving his money to buy _________ .
A. a newspaper B. a new bag C. a house D. a new bicycle
Robert had just moved into the street and he felt strange and that he was not wanted. He knew that perhaps the other boys were trying to get an idea of what kind of a boy he was. This did not help to make him less lonely. He was new and he had to be tested(考验). Still, proving(证明) himself would not be all that easy. He did not want to run with bad boys or get into something against the law(法律) to prove that he was strong .No! He must show what he was made of in a more helpful way. That's when he got the idea.
The next day was Saturday. He knew that most of the boys would be down on the playground and choose up sides for the Saturday game. Robert knew he could play well and that just might be enough to prove he was strong—and to make friends with them. He arrived early and did his step exercises. He shot(投掷) the ball several times and did some other exercises—the most difficult and most wonderful in basketball. Then the boys came. Robert went through what he had done before the game and showed what he could do. No one said a word. The boys just looked at each other and thought about it. In the end, when it was all over, the biggest of the group just smiled and shook(摇, shake的过去式) his head. Robert knew he had made it.
6. What does “This did not help to make him less lonely” mean?
A. Robert felt more lonely because the other boys wanted to test him.
B. Robert did no want himself to be less lonely.
C. Robert felt as lonely as before when the other boys tried to find out what kind of a boy he was.
D. The other boys did not want to make Robert feel less lonely.
7. Why would it not be easy for Robert to prove himself?
A. Because he was not sure if he was really strong.
B. Because he was new and was not wanted in the street.
C. Because the other boys had found out what kind of a boy he was.
D. Because he must choose the best one among different ways.
8. When did Robert decide to prove himself by playing basketball?
A. After he had thought about the two wrong ways.
用心 爱心 专心 - 8 -
B. Long before he moved into the street.
C. When the other boys came down to the playground.
D. As soon as he showed what he was made of in front of the other boys.
9. What did the biggest of the group mean by shaking his head?
A. He did not want to say anything about what Robert had done.
B. He had not thought Robert could play so wonderfully.
C. He did not want to make friends with Robert.
D. He did not think Robert played basketball well.
10. The name of the story should be _______ .
A. Three Ways to Prove Oneself
B. Robert Is Lonely
C. Just One of the Boys
D. A Saturday Basketball Game
1. had learned 2. had read 3. had learned 4. had left 5. had set
6. had finished 7. hadn’t read 8. had seen 9. hadn’t heard
11. have learned, had learned, learned 12. will end, had ended
13. Was, doing, got, had, done 14. hadn’t realized
1. You’d better not study too late.
2. should keep our classroom tidy and clean every day.
3. Perhaps we should ask Mr. Zhu for help
4. Why don’t you go out
5. You ought to keep quiet
6. had better stay at home
7. had better not go out
8. ought to
9. don’t have to
用心 爱心 专心 10. Had known - 9 -
用心 爱心 专心- 10 - （A）1—5 D C A B D （B）6—10 C D A B C