1. I still remember the night _______I first came to the house.
2. I’ll never forget the day________ we met each other last week.
3. Mr Black is going to Beijing in October, _______is the best season there.
4. I will never forget the days _______I spent with your family.
5. I’ll never forget the last day______ we spent together.
6. This is the school ______I used to study.
7. Do you still remember the place______ we visited last week?
8. Do you still remember the place_______ we visited the painting exhibition?
9. Have you ever been to Hangzhou_____is famous for the West Lake?
10. Have you ever bee to Hangzhou, ______lies the West Lake?
11. I live in Beijing,____is the capital of China.
12. There was a time ______there were slaves in the USA.
13. It is the third time ______you have made the same mistake.
14. It was in the street _____I met John yesterday.
15. It was about 600 years ago____the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made.
16. This is the way____he did it.
17. Who is the student _____was late for school today?
18. Who _____knows him wants to make friends with him?
19. What else was there in my brother____you didnt like?
20. He lives in the room____window faces to the south.
21. He lives in the room, the window_____faces to the south.
22. This is Mr. John for____son I brought a book yesterday.
23. This is Mr. John for_____I bought a book yesterday.
24. This is the hour_____the place is always full of women and children.
25. And there is one point ______Id like your advice.
26. Winter is the time of year______the days are short and nights are long.
27. I hope you will find this valley a beautiful place____you may spend your weekend.
28.This is the professor ___taught me chemistry in 1980 .
29.The hospital_____ was built five years ago has been modernized.
30.This is the boy ____father died three years ago
31.The film ____we saw the day before yesterday is very interesting.
32.Do you know the student _____was praised at the meeting?
33.1949 is the year ____the People’s Republic of China was founded.
34.They work in a factory _____makes radio parts.
35.They work in a factory _____radio parts are made.
36.This is the vision phone through _____we can see and talk to our friends.
37.Here are players from Japan, _____some of are our old friends.
38.She lives in a small village, ____is only three miles from here.
39.She is going to spend the summer holidays in Shanghai, ____she has some friends.
40.We’ll put off the meeting till next week, _____we won’t be so busy.
41.The sun gives the earth light and heat, ____is very important to the living things.
42.Those ____want to go to the computer room write your names here.
43.He was often late, ___made his teacher very angry.
44.Who is the person ____is standing at the gate?
45.He talked about the teachers and schools ____he had visited.
46.He told us about the countries_______ he had visited.
47.Egypt is a country________ is famous for its pyramids.
48.China is the country_______he spent the best part of his life.
49.The days ________ we spent together cannot be easily forgotten.
50.The house stands at the place ______- the two roads meet.
51.We shall visit the college _________ his father teaches.
52.I know the reason______ she looks so worried.
53.He left me the book, _______is very useful for me.
54.This is the room _________ food is kept.
55. Oct.1, 1949 is the day______ we’ll never forget.
56. The man_____ came yesterday is our English teacher.
57. The students _______are playing football on the playground are of Class Two .
58. This is all _______ I can do for you.
59. Can you think of anyone _______ house was here?
60. The watch ______Mother bought for me works very well.
61. This is the only book _____was borrowed from the library.
62. The day ______ she had to leave arrived at last.
63. The doctors ______ they want to see have come.
64. Do you know the young man _____has been chosen chairman?
65. The park stands at the place ______ the two rivers meet.
66. A plane is a machine______ can fly.
67. It is one of the best pictures_______ have been sold.
68. Those _____ want to go put up your hands.
69. This is the knife with_____ the doctor did the operation.
70. Who is the man to ______ you said hello just now?
1. This is the factory where we visited last week.
2. This is the watch for which Tom is looking.
3. The person to who you spoke is a student of Grade Two.
4. The house in that we live is very small.
5. The sun gives off light and warmth, that makes it possible for plants to grow.
6. I’ve read all the books which I borrowed from the library.
7. This is the best film which I have ever seen.
8. My father and Mr. Smith talked about things and persons who they remembered in the country.
9. Everything which we saw was of great interest.
10. His dog, that was now very old, became ill and died.
11. The reason which he didn’t go to school is that he was ill.
12. Those who wants to go with me put up your hands.
13. The boy, his mother died last year, studies very hard.
14. I have two sisters, both of them are doctors.
15. We’re going to visit the school where your brother works there.
16. He is the only one of the students who have been invited to the EnglishEvening.
17. That is the way which they work.
18. Those have questions can ask the teachers for advice.
19. Who is the man who has white hairs?
20. I will never forget the days which we had a good time together at the sea.
1. where→that/which或 去掉where。
2. 把for放在looking之后。英语中,有些短语动词,介词或副词不可与动词相分离。又如:look after, run into等。
3. who→whom。尽管在口语中who, whom都能作宾语,但在介词后只能用whom。
6. which→that或去掉which。当先行词被all, every, no,some, any, little等修饰时,常
7. which→that或去掉which。当先行词被序数词、形容词的最高级或the only,the very等所 修饰时,常用that引导定语从句。
8. who→that。如果先行词既 指人又指物时,常用that引导定语从句。
9. which→that或去掉which。当先行词为something, anything,everything, nothing, all等时,常由that引导定语从句。
11. which→why/which前 加for或去掉which。
12. wants→want。定语从 句中谓语动词的数应与先行词一致。
16. have→has。当one of+名词复数作先行词时,从句的谓语用复数;但是当one前有the (only)时,从句谓语要用单数。
19. 第二个who→that。当主句是以who 或which开头的疑问句时, 定语从句常用that 引导, 以
单项填空1. ---Who is the man _______ was talking to our English teacher? ---Oh! It’s Mr. Baker, our maths teacher. A. he B. that C. whom D. which2. I hate the people ________ don’t help others when they are in trouble. A. who B. which C. they D. where3. The foreigner _________ visited our school is from Canada. A. which B. when C. who D. whom4. George Mallory was an English school teacher _______ loved climbing. A. who B. whom C. he D. which5. This is the place _____I have ever visited. A. there B. when C. where D. which6. Nobody knows the reason ______ she didn’t come to the meeting. A. that B. which C. why D. when7. The moon is a world ______ there is no life. A. that B. which C. where D. why8. He has forgotten the day _______ he arrived.
A. when B. where C. that D. which9. He still remembers the days ______ he spent with your family. A. when B. where C. that D. on which10. Mr. White, ______ car had been stolen, came to the policeman. A. who B. that C. whose D. which11. He got to the village
_______ his family once lived before liberation. A. that B. which C. when D. where12. This is the house _______ I want to buy. A. in which B. that C. whose D. where13. This is the house _______ our beloved Premier Zhou once lived and worked. A. which B. that C. when D. where14. He didn’t tell me the place _______ he was born. A. that B. which C. when D. where15. He lived in a small village, ______ was a long way from the railway station.
A. that B. which C. where D. when