How do you get to school?
get to, how far./ bicycle, subway, car, train.bus stop, train station, bus station, subway station
minute, kilometer, mile, transportation , calendar
1.get to school 到校 2.take the subway 乘地铁
3.take the train 坐火车 4.leave for 到……地方去，离开去某地
5.take…to…把……带到…… 6. most students 大多数学生
7. depend on 依赖，决定于 8.from…to…从……到……
9.think of 想到，想起 10.ride bikes 骑自行车
11.in other parts of the world 在世界的其他地方 12. how far 多远
13.take the train to school 乘火车去上学 14.in places 在一些地方
15.go to school by boat乘船去上学 16.on the school bus乘坐校车
17.be different from和……不同 18.worry about 担忧，焦虑，担心 句型：
1.How do you get to school? I walk to school.
2. How about the white shirt?
3. I usually walk but sometimes I take the bus.
4. How long does it take you to get to school? It takes about 10 minutes to walk and 15 minutes by bus.
5. How far is it from his home to school? About 10 kilometers.
6. Lin Fei?s home is about 10 kilometers from school.
7. He leaves for school at around six-thirty.
8. Then the early bus takes him to school.
9. Thomas wants to know where Nina lives.
10. In Japan, most students take trains to school, although others also walk or ride their bikes.
1.take +a/an/the+表示交通工具的名词，乘……去某地，是动词短语，在句中 作谓语 eg：
He takes the train.他乘坐火车。
take the subway 乘地铁 take a walk 散步 take a bath 洗个
take a rest 休息一会 take a seat 坐下 take some medicine 吃药）
I get to school by bike. = I get to school on my bike.
Take the bus to school=go to school by bus=go to school on a bus
Drive a car to work=go to work by car=go to work in a car
Fly to shanghai=go to shanghai by plane/air=take the/a plane to shanghai=go to shanghai on a/an/the plane.
arrive in+大地点 arrive at +小地点 后接副词不需介词。
5. It takes sb some money/time to do sth.花费某人多少时间/钱做某事
Sb pay some money for sth 某人为某物花费多少钱
Sb spend some time/money on sth 某人在做某事或某物上花费时间/钱Sb spend some time/ money (in)doing sth
Sth cost sb some money 某物花费某人多少钱
6. ---How far is it from A to B?=How far is B from A?
---2）It ?s about ten minutes? walk/ ride. 大约有十分钟步行/骑车的路程。
7.depend on/ upon 视……而定，取决于，依靠+名词、代词或从句做宾语，不用于进行时态和被动语态中。
8.have to 后加动词原形，侧重客观的需要，有“不得不，被迫”之意，有多种时态形式，否定式为don?t have to(needn?t)意为“不必”。
9.a number of+名词复数 +复数谓语 许多……
the number of +名词复数+单数谓语 ……的数量
10.感谢用语：Thank you very much , Thanks a lot , Many thanks.
That?s ok /all right. 不用谢。
You are welcome 不客气。
It is my pleasure./My pleasure./It is a pleasure.不客气、那是我的荣幸。 Don?t mention it。别在意。
It was nothing at all.那没什么。
① take a/the + 交通工具（单数）
② by + 交通工具（单数）
③ on/in + 限定词 + 交通工具
eg: ---How do you go to work every day?
--- I drive to work./I go to work by car./ I go to work in my car.
2、how far 用来提问距离，意为“多远”。其答语分为两种情况：
eg: --- How far is it from your home to the bus stop ?
--- It?s five kilometers.
eg:--- How far is the park from the shop ?
--- It?s ten minutes? walk.
3、how long 用来提问时间，意为“多久”。
eg:---How long have you been in America?
---For two years.
1、They ______ a village in the evening and lived there.
A. arrived in B. arrived at C. left for D. got
2、 He gets up early and ______ breakfast.
A. have a quick B. has quick a C. has a quick D. have quick
3、The No. 6 Middle school is not far ______ his home.
A. to B. from C. with D. at
4、 My school isn?t far from here. It?s only _____ walk.
A. fifteen minutes B. fifteen minutes?
C. fifteen minute?s D. fifteen minutes?s
— By bus.
A. Why does he go to work? B. How does he go to work?
C. When does she go to work? D. Where does he work?
6、I like to __________ my bike __________ weekends.
A. take; in B. catch; at C. live; on D. ride; on
7、________ it take you to walk from your home to your office？
A. How long is B. How long does
C. How many time does D. How many hours are
8、— How do you go to school?
— I ______.
A. take bus B. take the bus C. by the bus D. on the bus
9、It ______Jack 20 minutes ______the math problem yesterday.
A. took; to work out B. takes; to work out
C. has taken; working out D. is taking; working out
10、 ______ do you think ______ China?s education?
A. How; like B. What; of C. Where; of D. Who; about
11. What can you see in __________ picture on the wall? I can see __________ bird.
A. a; aB. the; / C. the; a D. a; the
12. __________ is nice and clean.
A. The air of today B. Today air C. Today's air D. The air today
13. __________ boy under the tree is an American.
A. The B. × C. An D. A
14. How many books __________ there in your school library?
A. have B. are C. has D. is
15. __________ can you get there on time? By car.
A. How B. Where C. Why D. What
1、How far __________ Jim __________ (live) from here?
2、There __________ (be) sixty __________ (minute) in an hour.
3、It takes __________ ( I ) 2 hours __________ (do) my homework.
4、Let me __________ (look) at your map.
5、That must be a lot more fun than __________ (take) a bus.
6、She sees a film ________ (one) a month.
7、Tom was ________ (illness) yesterday, so he didn't go to school.
8、Doing exercise can help us stay ________ (health).
9、Li Hua had a ________ (quickly) breakfast and then went to work.
10、Don't ________ (worried) about your English. I can help you.
B: Yes, please. Could you tell me the way to the First People's Hospital?
A: Let me see. Oh, it's far from here.
A: About five miles. ____3____
B: Which bus should I take?
A: The No.1 bus will take you there.
A: It's about 30 minutes.
B: Thanks for your help.
A. That's OK.
B. You can take a bus to go there.
C. Can I help you?
D. How long does it take to get there?
E. How far is it?
What do you do at weekends? Some people like to __1__ at home, but others like to go for a walk __2__ have a picnic. My friend Jack works hard in a factory during the __3__. At weekends he always __4__ the same thing. On Saturday he __5__ his car and on __6__ he takes his family to a nearby village. His uncle and aunt have a farm there. It isn't a __7__ one, but there's always __8__ to do. The children help with the animals and give them their __9__, Jack and his wife help in the
fields. At the end of the day, they are all __10__ and Jack's aunt gives them a big meal.
1. A. play B. live C. stay D. like
2. A. and B. Or C. but D. so
3. A. day B. Time C. autumn D. week
4. A. does B. makes C. borrows D. has
5. A. watches B. drives C. sells D. washes
6. A. Monday B. Sunday C. Saturday D. Wednesday
7. A. small B. big C. hard D. short
8. A. Much B. little C. fast D. far
9. A. clothes B. places C. food D. water
10.A. clean B. late C. Angry D. friendly
People travel to work in different ways. Some people go to work on foot because they live near their work places. Some people go to work by bike because they live farther away, or they like riding bikes. They think it's good for their health. Today more people have private (私人的) cars, so they can go to work in their cars. In the south of China, many people even go to work by boat because water is around their houses. Will people go to work by plane? I think so, if necessary（如果必要的话）.
1. All people like to go work by bike.
2. Some people think it's good to go to work by bike.
3. Today more people drive to work.
4. In the north of China, many people go to work by boat.
5. The writer thinks some people will go to work by plane if necessary.