1. —Must I finish my homework right now?
—No, you .
A. needn’t B. may not C. mustn’t D. can’t
2. When we got to Yushu airport , we were told that they more than 500 people from the ruins(废墟) by earthquake.
A. has saved B. saved C. had saved D. have saved
3. —Would you like to drink?
—Yes, I’ d like a cup of coffee.
A. something else B. else something C. anything else D. else anything
4. Why not an English club to practice English?
A. to join; to speak B. join; speaking
C. join; to speak D. to join; speaking
5. This kind of paper soft.
A. feels B. tastes C. smells D. sounds
6.—Your watch is so beautiful. It must be expensive.
—Not at all. I only ￥20 on it.
A. cost B. spent C. paid D. took
7. trees have been planted near here, so the air is very fresh.
A. Two hundreds B. Hundred of C. Hundreds of D. Hundreds
8. My father has a computer, but he doesn’t know to use it.
A. what B. how C. who D. which
9. I don’t know if Jack . If he , call me, please.
A. will come; will comes B. comes; come
C. comes; will come D. will come; comes
10.—I did badly in my English exam.
A. Congratulations B. That’s great
C. I’m sorry to hear that D. Well done
It is very 31 for us to stay in good health. We must have good eating and sleeping habits in life. Eating more fruit and vegetables 32 good for us .We are supposed to 33at least 8 hours a day and take part in the healthy activities as 34 as possible, for example, climbing mountains, running in the morning or swimming. It is necessary to keep 35 and get on well with the people around us.
31. A. important B. unnecessary C. impossible D. importance
32. A. are B. am C. be D. is
33. A. asleep B. sleepy C. sleep D. slept
34. A. much B. many C. little D. few
35. A. happiness B. unhappy C. happy D. happily
Life in 30 years will be 36 because many changes will take place, but what will the changes be?
The population is growing fast. There will be 37 people in the world and most of them will live longer than before. Computers will be 38 smaller and more useful, and there will be at least one in every home. And computer studies will be one of the important 39 in school.
People will work fewer hours than they are doing now, and they will have more free time for sports, watching TV and traveling. Traveling will be much cheaper and 40 . And many more people will go to other countries 41 holidays.
There will be changes in our food, too. More land will be used for 42 new towns and houses. Then there will be less 43 for cows and sheep, so meat will be more expensive. Maybe people won’t eat it every day, they will eat more vegetables and fruit instead. Maybe people will be healthier.
Work in the future will be different, too. Dangerous and hard work will 44 by robots. Because of this, many people will not have 45 to do. This will be a problem.
36. A. same B. difference C. different D. difficulty
37. A. little and little B. less and less C. many and many D. more and more
38. A. much B. many C. more D. most
39. A. subject B. subjects C. way D. games
40. A. easily B. more easily C. easy D. easier
41. A. for B. with C. at D. in
42. A. build B. building C. to build D. builds
43. A. rooms B. room C. spaces D. sea
44. A. done B. do C. be done D. be did
45. A. works enough B. enough works C. work enough D. enough work
The Water World Swimming Pool is open every day from eight o’clock in the morning until half past seven in the evening. It costs two dollars sixty to enter the pool. There is a special cheap price for students with a student card. The price is one dollar forty. But you must bring your student card with you.
On Wednesday morning the pool is only open to mothers and babies. So mothers can enjoy themselves in the water with their babies. Please leave your older children at home on Wednesday morning.
The new Water World Café will be open up on June 22nd. From the café you can watch the swimmers or enjoy a drink after you swim.
Please call 2105369 for more information. We look forward to seeing you at the Water World Swimming Pool.
46. How long is the Water World Swimming Pool open every day?
A. Eleven hours. B. Seven hours.
C. Eleven and a half hours. D. Seven and a half hours.
47. What is the price for students with a student card to enter the pool?
A. Two dollars. B. One dollar forty.
C. Two dollars sixty. D. One dollar.
48. A ten-year-old boy can’t go to the Water World Swimming Pool .
A. on Saturday B. on Sunday
C. on Wednesday afternoon D. on Wednesday morning
49. From the café you can watch the swimmers or enjoy a drink after you swim ___________.
A. on May 21st B. on May 22nd
C. on June 23rd D. on June 21st
50. This passage is a(n) .
A. advertisement B. note C. story D. slogan
A recent report from Dazhou Daily says about 18% of Dazhou teenagers can have problems with their minds（内心，精神）. Some students become worried because they have to study very hard. Others have trouble getting on well with people like their parents and classmates.
Zhang Qiang, a Junior 2 student from Dazhou, could not understand his teachers in class and was doing badly in his lessons. He was afraid of exams. When he looked at the exam paper, he couldn’t think of anything to write.
Another student, a 15-year-old girl called Wu Yan from Guang’an often argued with her classmates even her parents because of some different ideas. She became so annoyed about them that she started to cut her finger with a knife.
However, many students who have problems won’t go for advice or help. Some think they will look stupid（愚蠢的） if they go to see a doctor. Others don’t want to talk about their secrets. In order to solve the teenagers’ problems, here is some advice :
●Talk to your parents or teachers often.
●Take part in group activities and play sports.
●Go to see a doctor if you feel unhappy or unwell.
51. It is reported that students in Dazhou can have problems with their minds.
A. most B. many C. some D. all the
52.From the passage we know teenagers have problems with their minds because of .
A. their study B. getting on with other people
C. their hobbies D. A and B.
53. Wu Yan started to cut her finger with a knife because .
A. she couldn’t get on well with her classmates and even her parents
B. she could not understand her teachers in class
C. she was afraid of exams
D. she had no money for a new shirt
54. Why don’t the students who have problems want to go for help ?
A. Because they think no one will help them.
B. Because they don’t want to talk about their secrets and they think it’s stupid to see a doctor.
C. Because they think they can solve the problems by themselves.
D. Because they think the doctors could do nothing with their problems.
55. How many pieces of advice are given to the teenagers who have problems in this passage?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four. D. Five.
Zhao Tao, a student from No.2 Middle School, has just come back from Shanghai. This morning, he told us something about his pleasant trip .When he talked about the Shanghai World Expo (上海世博会), he was so excited and so proud that he kept telling about it for several hours. The Shanghai World Expo held by China has been on for more than one month .It started on May 1st,and will end on October 31st,2010. Its main idea is “Better City, Better Life.” About 242 countries
and organizations are attending(参加) this expo. Many new products can be seen here, such as we can see the snow in the South Korea Corporate Pavilion(展馆) every day during this hot summer though it seldom snows in Shanghai. And we can see, hear, touch and smell the 4-D films at the Oil Pavilion. How wonderful all these new products are!
China Pavilion is in the center of the expo garden. It is very beautiful. It represents the development of China from ancient time to now . It’s a pride of our China!
Thousands of people from all over the world are coming to the expo every day. And many volunteers are working for them. All the tourists are very pleased and they say that the Shanghai World Expo is the greatest one in the world so far.
However, Zhao said，“The expo garden is now so crowded . If you want to visit it, you’d better go there during the summer vacation.”
56. The main idea of the Shanghai World Expo is “ ”
A. Better City, Better Life. B. How to Protect the Environment.
C. No War in the World. D. No Earthquake.
57. In which pavilion can we see the snow during this hot summer?
A. China Pavilion. B. the Oil Pavilion.
C. the South Korea Corporate Pavilion. D. I don’t know.
58. So far, how long has the Shanghai World Expo been on ?
A. For 20 days. B. For a month.
C. For four weeks. D. For about 50 days.
59. How many countries and organizations are attending the Shanghai World Expo?
A. 150. B. Less than 180. C. 242. D. 220
60. Which of the following is NOT talked about in this passage?
A. Zhao Tao is a middle school student. B. China’s new products are excellent.
C. The volunteers are working very hard. D. The expo garden is now very crowded .
M: You look unhappy. 61
W: Oh… my clothes are out of style. I don’t look cool.
M: Well, maybe you should buy some new clothes.
W: Yes, but I don’t have enough money.
M: Huh. 62
W: I can’t, because my parents want me to stay at home every night. I argued with them about it.
M: Well, you shouldn’t argue with your parents. 63
W: And guess what else is wrong?
1-5 ACABA 6-10 BCBCC 31-35 ADCBC 36-40 CDABD 41-45 ABBCD 46-50 CBDCA 51-55 CDABB 56-60 ACDCB 61-64 DCBA