Tell something about the future with more, less or fewer.
There will be less fresh water because there will be more pollution in the sea.
There will be more cars because there will be more people.
There will be fewer jobs for people because more robots will do the same jobs as people.
There will be more cities because people will build more buildings in the country.
People will have more free time because there will be less things to do.
What do you want to be in the future? I will be a pilot.
Where will you live?
I will live in a high building.
How will you go to work?
I will go to work by e-bike.
I will be an astronaut. I will live in other planet. I will go to work by spaceship.
astronaut space station rockets e.g. An astronaut takes the rockets to the space station. 宇航员乘火箭去空间站。
1. space n. 太空；空间
e.g. Man is weightless in space. 人在太空中会失重。 2. apartment n. 公寓；套房 e.g. Do you live in a house or an apartment? 你住在房子里还是公寓里？
Write each word in the correct 1a column below.
astronaut house apartment train rocket space station computer programmer
Jobs astronaut computer programmer Transportation Places to live train rocket house apartment space station
An astronaut lives in a space station. He goes to work by rockets. A programmer lives in an apartment. He goes to work by subway.
A farmer lives in a house. He walks to the farm.
An engineer lives in an apartment. He goes to work by car.
Listen to Alexis and Joe. Number the pictures [1-3].
1d Listen again. Fill in the blanks with the
correct verbs in the box.
am, live, work, lived, took, will be, will live, will fly
1. I _____ in an apartment across the live street from here. 2. I work near here. _____ 3. I am a computer programmer. ____ lived 4. We _______ in a house in the country.
am, live, work, lived, took, will be, will live, will fly took 5. I _____ the train to school. will be 6. I ______ an astronaut. will fly 7. I _______ rockets to the moon. 8. I ________ on a space station. will live
Student A is Alexis and Student B is Joe. Talk about Joe’s life now, 10 years ago and 10 years from now.
I live in an apartment.
Where do you live?
I lived in a house in the country.
Where did you live ten years ago?
I will live in the space station.
Where will you live in ten years?
Tell your partner what you know 2a about robots. What do they look like and what can they do? Really? What do I think there will they look like? be more robots in the future.
I think they look like humans. They can do anything men can do.
1. even adv. 甚至；连；愈加 e.g. The little girl can even recite the article. 小女孩甚至还能背诵这篇文章。 2. human adj. 人的 n. 人 e.g. A human can think and talk, but an animal can’t. 人能思考、说话，但动物不 能。
3. already adv. 已经；早已 e.g. My aunt is already fifty, but she looks v
ery young. 我姑姑早已五十岁了，但她看起 很年轻。
4. dangerous adj. 有危险的；不安全的 名词danger +后缀ous → dangerous e.g. Some animals are in great danger. 一些动物处于极大的危险中。 Lions are dangerous animals. 狮子是危险的动物。
5. factory n. 工厂 e.g. There will be more factories in the future. 将来会有更多的工厂。 6. fall v. (fell/ fel/) 倒塌；跌倒；掉落 fall down 突然倒下；跌倒；倒塌 e.g. The house might fall down in a few months. 几个月内这所房屋也许就会 倒塌。
7. disagree v. 不同意 ；持不同意见； 有分歧 前缀(dis) + agree (同意)→disagree
e.g. My father agrees, but my mother disagrees. 我爸爸同意，但我妈妈不同意。
8. believe v. 相信；认为有可能 believe sb. 相信某人说的话 believe + that 从句
e.g. I believe that you can finish the work on time. 我相信你会按时完成工作。
9. shape n. 形状 e.g. What is the shape of your kite? 你的风筝是什么形状的？ 10. hundreds of 许多；大量= lots of e.g. There are hundreds of flags in front of the building. 在那个高楼前有很多旗帜。 【辨析】 具体数字+ hundred 如：three hundred 三百
11. over and over again 反复地；多次 还可以说over and over e.g. They sang the song over and over. 他们反复地唱那首歌。 He called over and over again but nobody answered. 他多次打电话但没有人接。
12. possible adj. 可能的；可能存在或发生 (前缀)im+ possible →impossible 不可能的 e.g. Do you think it’s possible to beat them? 你认为战胜他们有可能吗? To cross this river seems impossible. 穿过这条河中似乎不可能。
What can robots do?
What do the robots look like?
Read the article and match each paragraph with the question it discusses.
Para.1 Para.2 Para.3 Para.4
Will robots think like humans in the future? What will robots be like in the future? What can robots do today? What are robots like in movies?
Read the article again quickly. Complete the sentences about what robots can do now.
1. Robots can build ____ in factories. cars simple 2. They can do _______ jobs many times and never get bored. 3. Some can _________ and walk _____________. dance look for 4. Some can help _______ people under ___________. the buildings
Fill in the blanks in this paragraph with words from the article.
指导： ? 此类短文填空题，考查同学们全面掌握 短文内容，以及综合运用语言的能力。 ? 首先，应将通读本段文字，掌握大意。 可知在短文中列举了科学家们的两种观 点。 ? 然后，根据2b中短文的内容填空。
Some robots are very human-like. They dance can walk and ______ like people. Some scientists think that in the future they will _______ robots more like humans. make This may not come true in the near _________ future, but at some point, robots will even be able to ______
like people. talk disagree However, some scientists _________.
James White believes that robots will not be able to do the ________ things same as we can. For example, he thinks that robots will ______ be able to wake up not and know where they are. Which side agree do you ________ with?
What kind of animals might robots look like in the future? What do 2e you think these robots will be able to do? Write your ideas and discuss them with your partner.
I think some future robots might look like spiders. They will be able to help us clean the window, sweep the floor. Some robots might look like snakes. They will be able to help look for people under the buildings. If buildings fall down with people inside.
Some robots will be look like people. They will be able to sing, dance and talk with us.
They will also be able to sever us. They can make dinner, do the dishes and cook coffee for us. Some robots might look like big arms. They will be able to work in factories. They can help make cars and do simple jobs over and over again.
Today there are already robots working in factories. 现在已经有机器人在工厂里干活了。 此句中的working in factories的逻辑主语是 robots，但是在这个there be句型中，谓语动词 已经有了are，所以work就不能再作本句的谓 语动词，而应用-ing形式。这一点在学习和使 用there be句型时需要特别注意。
1. Read the passage after class. 2. Write your own sentences with the phrases below. 1. over and over again 2. get bored 3. wake up 4. hundreds of 5. be able to 6. fall down 7. look for 8. seem (im)possible