Unit 7 Where would you like to visit?
Section A 3A-4
课件制作：陈平 授 课：陈平
Brainstorm a list of adjectives to describe the vacations .
relaxing famous tiring dangerous educational peaceful fascinating interesting fun boring thrilling exciting beautiful cold hot crowded touristy
Garfield would love to visitthe beach some day _______
because it’s _______. relaxing
Florida Beach relaxing Garfield hope to go the beach that is ________.
Ba Jie prefers to visit ________ the moon because ___________________(嫦娥住那). Chang Er lives there.
Ba Jie prefers places where ____________. Chang Er lives
Paris night scene
If I had wings , I’d fly to Paris .
DoreiAmeng hopes to visit Paris because it is __________________.（迷人的） fascinating
Answer the question after the video.
1. What sights can you see in the video? Try to say them.
Notre Dame Cathedral
Historical and famous
凯旋门 the Arch of Triumph ['trai?mf] [ɑ:t?]
Historical and fascinating
Louvre [‘lu:vr] Museum 卢浮宫
The city of fashion
The city of perfume 香水
The city of delicacies(精美的食 物) ['delik?si]
TRAVEL SPOTLIGHT: PARIS
What do you think of Paris?
Read this newspaper article about Paris. Circle the things you like about visiting Paris. Underline the things you don’t like.
capital 1.Paris is the ________of France. D 2.Notre Dame Cathedral is a _____ A park B zoo C country D church B 3.Which of the following is in Paris? ________ A the Great Wall B Eiffel Tower C pyramids D Sydney Opera House C 4.It’s better for tourists to take the ____ to travel around Paris than take a taxi. A bus B car C underground train 5.Which of the following is not true?A A Everything in Paris is very expensive. B Most people in Paris learn English. C Paris is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. D It’s expensive to travel all over Paris by taxi.
Answer these questions after you read the article about Paris.
1. Where is Paris? 2. Are there any beaches? 3. What is the most famous sight in Paris? 4. Do Frenchmen speak English? 5. If you go to Paris, how will you visit the city? 6. What do you think of Paris?
1.Sights ： Does Paris have any fantastic sights? Yes, it does. ____________________________________ 2.Traffic (交通)： What’s the convenient way to travel in Paris? ___________________________________ Take the underground train / By subway 3.Price ( 物价)： Paris is quite an expensive place, isn’t it? _______ Yes ,it is 4. Language: Do people like to speak English in Paris? _______________________________________ No, they don’t. They don’t like to speak English
Read the article carefully, answer questions.仔细阅 读回答问题.
1. The status(地位)of Paris 2. Sights
Paris is the capital of France and is one of the liveliest cities in Europe.
It has som
e fantastic sights, including the Eiffel
Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral, one of the most famous churches in the world.
Traveling around Paris (by taxi) can cost a lot of money., but it is convenient to take the underground train to most places.
France is quite an expensive place. Wine is not expensive.
5. Language Most people in France don’t like to speak
1. The status(地位)of Paris and Sights
For your next vacation, why not consider
visiting Paris? Paris is the capital of France,
and is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. It doesn't have any beaches or mountains, but there are still many things to do there. For example, it has some fantastic sights, including the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral, one of the most famous churches in the world.
2. The Transportation and life of Paris
Traveling around Paris by taxi can cost a lot
of money, but it’s usually quite convenient
to take the underground train to most places. In general,though, France is quite an expensive place. One thing that is not expensive in France, however, is the wine!
3.The Language of Paris
Most people in France have learned English.
But many people don’t like to speak English,
especially in Paris. So unless you speak
French yourself, it’s best to travel with
someone who can translate things for you. 定语从句修饰someone
Read the passage and fill in the form.
Liveliest cities Fantastic sights Convenient
Dislikes No beaches or mountains
Quite expensive Don’t like to speak English
Wine is not expensive
specialty （特点） sights Paris capital Paris is the________ of France It’s one of the _____ cities in Europe. liveliest fantastic It has some ________ sights.
taxi a lot of transporTravelling by____ cost _ ___ __ money. underground -tation(交通) It’s best to take the __________ train. expensive price(价格) France is quite an _________ place. speak English Many people don’t like to _____ _______. language So it’s best to travel with someone who translate things can _______ ______ for you.
1. For your next vacation, why not consider visiting Paris? 为什么不考虑一下到新加坡去度你 的下一个假期？ (1) why not … = why don’t you… 意 思是“你为什么不……”用于表示提议、 劝诱等，“why not…?”结构中，not 后接动词原形。
(2) consider是动词，意为“仔细考虑，深思熟 虑”，后面可接名词、从句、副词，v-ing形式。 e. g.
We considered his suggestion.
我们仔细考虑了他的建议。 He is considering studying abroad. 他正在考虑出国留学。 We considered how we should help them. 我们仔细考虑应该如何帮助他们。 Consider carefully before you decide. 你要慎重考虑后再决定。
2. Paris is the capital of France, and is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. 巴黎是法国
的首都,并且是欧洲最美 丽的城市之一。 one of+最高级+名词复数, 意为 “最……的之一”。 Beijing is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
take, spend, cost的区别：
1) spend的主语必须是“人”，宾语可 以是钱，精力，时间等，其后用on+名词或 v-ing形式， e. g. : He spent a lot of money on his new car.
Mr. Li spends a lot of time (in) helping his students with their English.
2) take可用于表示花时间、金钱。 It took the workers three years to build the bridge. 建这座桥花了工人们三年的 时间。 3). cost 主语是物。 This pair of shoes costs me 170 yuan.
4. So unless you speak French yourself, it’s best to travel with someone who can translate things for you. 所以除非你本人说法语,最好和一个 能替你翻译法语的人一起来巴黎旅游。 unless 除非……,引导条件状语从句。 比“if…not”略微正式。
1. We had a long and t____ journey with heavy iring suitcases yesterday. 2. They are c_________ going to Canada to spend onsidering their vacations. 3. Maria is a l ____ girl and always full of energy. ively 4. The book is very popular, and it has been t________ into many languages. ranslated 5. What a w________ idea you have got! onderful 6. We can go to London and visit the famous
ights s_____ there.
Ⅱ. 用方框内所给单词的适当形式填空，每 个单词限用一次。 wine, convenience, church, peace, light 1. Riding a bike is more___________ than convenient driving a car in busy cities.
wine 2. France is famous for its fine food and_____. lighter 3. This coat is_______ than that one. churches 4. How many_________ are there in your city?
5. We spent a _______ night in the countryside. peaceful
Ⅲ. 根据句意及所给汉语提示完成下列句子， 每空一词(含缩写)。 some/one day 1. I’m sure you’ll succeed____________ (某一天).
2. Jim plans to go __________(度假) with his on vacation family in New York. including 3. The band played many songs, ________ (包括) some of my favorites. 4. You aren’t supposed to ________________ (不应该) play on the street. in general 5. I like sports _________ (总之), and especially football.