Unit 7 Food Festival
Topic 1 May I invite you to our food festival?
They are in trouble, what will you do?
Who is Daniel Igali?
A Canadian athlete
An Olympic wrestling champion
A food festival
Jane: Do you know about Daniel Igali? Kangkang: Yes. He is the first Canadian Olympic wrestling champion. Michael : But he was born in Nigeria. Maria: Yes. And I know he wants to build a new school for his poor village in Nigeria. Jane: He is very kind. But I think money must be a problem for him. Kangkang: Mm, shall we have a food festival to raise money for his school? Jane: Good idea! When and where shall we have it? Kangkang: I think we can have it on our school playground on Sunday.
Maria: I will turn to our teachers. Michael: My task is to make a poster. Kangkang: Good! I’ll get in touch with Daniel on the Internet to get more information about him. Jane: I will think about how to organize the food festival. Maria: Great! Let’s try our best to make it successful.
Listen to 1a and answer these questions.
1. What does Daniel Igali want to do? 2. Will Kangkang’s classmates help Daniel Igali? 3. What will they do? 4. When and where will they have a food festival? 5. What is Michael’s task? 6. What will Jane do?
1. What does Daniel Igali want to do? He wants to build a new school for his poor village in Nigeria. 2. Will Kangkang’s classmates help Daniel Igali? Yes, they will. 3. What will they do? They will have a food festival to raise money for his school.
4. When and where will they have a food festival? They will have it on their school playground on Sunday. 5. What is Michael’s task? His task is to make a poster. 6. What will Jane do? She will think about how to organize the food festival.
Phrases 1. know about 了解 2. was/were born in ... 出生于··· ··· 3. must be ... 肯定是··· ··· 4. have a food festival 举办美食节 5. raise money 筹钱 6. turn to sb. 向某人求助 7. make a poster 制作一张海报 8. get in touch with sb. on the Internet 与某人在网上联系 9. get more information about ...获得更多有关···的信息 ··· 10. think about 考虑
Read 1a again and match.
Jane thinks (that) Kangkang knows (that) Michael says (that) Maria says (that)
she will turn to their teachers. money must be a problem for Daniel Igali. Daniel Igali was born in Nigeria. Daniel Igali is a Canadian athlete.
1. And I know he wants to build a new school for his poor village in Nigeria. 并且我还知道他想为他尼日利亚的贫穷的村 庄建一所学校。 这里的he wants to build a new school for his poor village in Nigeria 是一个宾语从句，省 略了连词that。 that在引导宾语从句时常常 省略。
又如: I know (that) the man is very famous for his beautiful songs. 我知道这个男的因为唱过好听的歌而 出名。 Our teacher told us (that) failure is the mother of success. 老师教导我们说: 失败是成功
2. Mmm, shall we have a food festival to raise money for his school? 嗯，我们举办一次美食节来为他的学 校集资好吗? raise money 筹钱，集资。又如： They decided to raise money to help the homeless. 他们决定为无家可归的人筹款。
3. I think we can have it on our school playground on Sunday. 我想我们可以星期日在我们学校的操 场上举办。 have 在这里是“举办, 举行”的意思。 又如： They will have a sports meeting next week. 下周他们将举办运动会。
4. I will turn to our teachers. 我打算向老师们求助。 turn to sb. 向某人求助。又如: Little Tom often turns to his elder sister when he meets some difficulties. 小汤姆遇到困难常常去找姐姐帮忙。 This is a difficult problem. You’d better turn to your father. 这是一个难题, 你最好去找你爸爸来帮忙吧。
5. I’ll get in touch with Daniel on the Internet to get more information about him.
get in touch with sb. 与某人取得联系 。
on the Internet. 在网上, 用介词on。
Discuss what the food festival will be like after the example.
Example: A: What will the food festival be like? Can you imagine it? B: I imagine (that) a lot of people will come to the food festival. C: …
soup n. 汤
pie n. 甜馅饼
biscuit n. 饼干
pancake n. 薄煎饼
Discuss what the children should prepare for the food festival after the example. Example: A: Do you think (that) the children need to make tea? B: Yes, I think so./ No, I don’t think so. I think they need to cook soup.
The phrases in the box may help you:
make tea set the table make biscuits cook soup pancakes learn to cook food make cheese pies write a song make strawberry make a poster
The Wenchuan earthquake in 2008
caused serious damage. People in
disaster areas still need help. What
can we do to help them? Discuss and
report your ideas to the class.
A: What do you think you can do to help the people there? B: I think (that) I can sell newspapers to raise money for them.
C: I think I can write to them to cheer
1.了解··· ··· 2.出生于··· 3.一定是 ··· 6.筹钱 10.在网上 4.一名奥运会摔跤冠军 8.做一张海报 5.举办一个美食节 9.与某人联系 13.使它成功 7.向某人求助
宾语从句（Ⅰ） 1. 引导词：that
2. 主句动词：think, imagine …
A 1. Let’s try our best to make it ____________. A successful B success C successfully B 2. When you have problems, you can ___ Miss Li for help. A turn on B turn to C turn off A 3. I often get in touch ___ my friends____the Internet. A with; on B to; in C with; from 4. I’m afraid B your answer is wrong. ___ A if B that C what
Make a survey about some helpful people and thei
r good deeds, such as Hong Zhanhui … Please collect some information
about them. They may be famous
or ordinary people.
Hong a university to make money Zhanhui student for his family …