21. ---________do you go to the beach, Linda?
---Three or four times a year.
A. How long B. How often C. How soon
22. ---Julia, what's on your desk?
---It's the result_________________ he English contest.
A. at B. to C. for
23 ---Is Mrs. Brown in the office?
---Sorry, she isn't here. Her baby is ill. She has to ________ her at home.
A. look for B. look after C. look over D. When D. in D. look at
24. Katrina went to school this morningshe had a bad cold. She doesn't want to miss (错过) her lessons.
A. because B. but C so D. although
25. Ms. Miller isn't feeling ________. She wants to lie down and have a good rest.
A. well B. nice C. bad D. terrible
26. My grandpa often findsfrom the news on computer.
A. anything new B. new something C.something new D. new nothing
27. Her father ________ until 12:30 last night because he was busy with his work.
A. watched TV B. went to bed C. doesn't stay home D. didn't go to bed
28. ---How long does it take you to surf the Internet every day?
---It often ________________ me three hours.
A. take B. takes C. took D. spends
29. ---How far is the cinema from your home?
---It's about 3 hundred meters ________ from here.
A. far B. far away C. away D. lone
30. --- Don’ t forget your dictionary here to school.
---OK. I'll remember that.
A. to bring B. bringing C. to take D. taking
31. Now only a small number of Chineseto visit Japan because of the problem about Diaoyu Island (岛屿) between China and Japan.
A. will decide on B. will decide C. decides on D. decided on
32. --- Can you go to the party with me
---Sure, ________________ I feel excited about it.
A. Thank you all the same. B. I don't like. C. I can't. D. I'd love to.
33. ---Chongqing is a beautiful city and there're many interesting places.
---Yeah, why not stay here for ________________ two days then?
A. other B. others C. another D. the other
34. Thank you for ________________ me to go to the concert. I really enjoyed myself.
A. to ask B. invitation C. invite D. asking
35. The writer Mo Yan is famous ________________ his novels and he got the Nobel Prize for Literature(诺贝尔文学奖)this year.
A. as B. for C. in D. with
重庆八中2012-2013学年度（上）半期考试初二年级英语试题 第1页 共7页
36. --- When are youHong Kong? ---Tomorrow afternoon. I'm going thereplane.
A. leaving; on B. going to; take C. staying in; in D. leaving for; by
37. You ________________ drink ________________ water before you go to sleep. It's bad for your health.
A. should; too much B. shouldn't; too many C. shouldn't; too much D. should; much too
38. ---Can you tell me the way________________ the bank
---It's only about eight ________________walk.
A. for; minutes' B. to; minutes' C. of, minute's
39. --- I hope ________________ to the book shop with me today.
A. you can go; Sure, I'm free today. B. you to go; Certainly.
C. you going; I hope not. D. you go; Sorry.
40. --- _________________ Rosa come to play games with us?
---No, she can't. She has a bad headache.
A. Can; It doesn't matter B. May; It sounds wonderful
C. Must; That's bad D. Can; I'm sorry to hear that
根据短文内容，从A, B, C, D四个选项中选出---个能正确填入相应空格内的最佳答案，并把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。
Turn off your TV!
A new study says that watching less television may make people live longer. makes us live shorter. （收集）TV watching information（信息）from （节目）
What's going on? Lennert Veerman is the leader（领导）they may also eat more junk food. a. “good," he says, " but even a little physical（体能的）activity also improves health."
41. A. difficult B. boring C. relaxing D. relaxed
42. A. days B. money C. year D. time
43. A. saw B. found C. made D. took
44. A. study B. ideas C. newspaper D. results
45. A. a little B. many C. fewer D. much
46. A. during B. about C. in D. for
47. A. happy B. healthy C. unhealthy D. interesting
48. A. students B. women C. men D. people
重庆八中2012-2013学年度（上）半期考试初二年级英语试题 第2页 共7页
D. to; minutes
49. A. close B. turn off C. open D. turn on
50. A. Exercise B. Food C. Music D. TV
It’s important and necessary（必要的）for us to keep healthy. But there is still something wrong with some of us. We
51. What's the matter with Barry?
A. He feels tired.
C. He has a stomachache. B. He is too heavy. D. He has a sore throat.
52. Why is Grace heavy? Because she
A. watches TV too much every day B. eats too much junk food
C. eats too much meat and hardly exercise. D. drinks too much water
53. How many problems are there in the survey?
A. Three. B. Four. C. Five. D. Two.
54. Who does the doctor ask to have more healthy food?
A. Barry. B. Nancy. C. Grace. D. Frank.
55. Which of the following is NOT true about the four children?
A. The doctor asks Barry to get more sleep.
B. Grace should eat less meat and exercise five times a week.
C. Frank has a stomachache often because he eats too much meat.
D. Nancy sometimes has a sore throat because she is short of water.
You like surfing the Internet in your free time, don't you? But have you ever heard about "Happy Farm?" If you think "Happy Farm" is a farm in the countryside, you are wrong. "Happy Farm" is a computer game. Players have their own farms and do things as farmers do on a farm. They plant seeds（种子water plants, pick worms（虫子）and harvest（收获）crops（庄稼）。
I have a farm, too. Every night after finishing my homework, I turn on my computer to take care of my farm. Every player should take care of their farm often. First, I harvest my crops if they are fully grown. Second, I sell the crops. Third, I go shopping and buy seeds. Fourth, I plant the seeds and wait for another harvest. In "Happy Farm", players can steal（偷）the crops from other player's farms. In order to（为了）protect（保护）the crops, some players have a dog on their farm. I don't have enough money to buy a dog, so I have a plan. First, I will save money by
重庆八中2012-2013学年度（上）半期考试初二年级英语试题 第3页 共7页
selling my crops, and then I will have enough money to get a dog.
56. The writer may be a ________ according to the passage.
A. farmer B. singer C. policeman
57. In order to keep the thieves from stealing the crops, you can
A. steal other people's crops
C. buy a dog B. stop planting seeds D. student D. turn off(关the computer
58. The underlined words "fully grown" mean ________ in Chinese.
A. 生病了 B. 成熟了 C.干涸了 D.长虫了
59. According to the passage. which of the following is the right order?
① I plant the seeds and wait for another harvest.
②. I harvest crops after they are fully grown.
③. I sell the crops.
④. I go shopping and buy seeds.
A.①④③② B.②③④① C.④①③② D.②①④③
60. The text is mainly talking about________.
A. how to play in “Happy Farm” B. how to get a dog
C. how to be a farmer D. how to be a good player
A young man is lying in hospital sadly. The 24-year-old lost his right leg. The doctor said that his long history of smoking（吸烟）was the reason. "I first smoked when I was 14. It made me feel like a man and I thought looked cool. Now I know I was wrong," said the young man.
Many young people make such a mistake (错误). According to the survey, 40 million （百万） of China's 130 million young people aged between 13 and 18 smoke. Fifteen million of them are addicted （上瘾的）. The survey also found that about 68% of young smokers first smoked before the age of 13. Many young people see people smoke in the movies, but in real life, stars like Jackie Chan think smoking is a bad thing and not cool at all.
Doctors say that if a person starts smoking very young, he or she may live 22 years less than non-smokers.
61. How long did the young man smoke?
A. For 10 years. B. For 13 years. C. For 14 years. D. For 18 years
62. What did the young man think of smoking when he first smoked?
A. It was wrong B. It was bad C. It was boring. D. It was cool.
63. What does the underlined word "it" refer to（指的是） ?
A. Smoking. B. Getting ill. C. Lying in hospital. D. Stopping smoking.
64. The number of young smokers（吸烟者）in China is ________ million.
A. 15 B. 40 C. 68 D. 130
65. What can we learn from the passage?
A. Many stars think smoking is cool.
B. People who smoke can only live to be 22.
C. It's a big problem that many young people smoke.
D. Many young smokers first smoked before the age of 10.
III. 任务型阅读。（3X2= 6分）
重庆八中2012-2013学年度（上）半期考试初二年级英语试题 第4页 共7页
American breakfasts are different in different states. However, a typical American breakfast includes eggs, bacon, cereal, baked foods, coffee, milk, juice and so on. Americans think breakfast is very important, so they always have healthy foods for breakfast.
A North American breakfast would include eggs, breakfast meat, fruit, and coffee. In South American, breakfast is light. They include a sandwich with coffee or juice. However, they do have a heavy breakfast that is called "big breakfast" or "Sunday breakfast".
People in the United States have more coffee than tea in their meals, and they have coffee all day. And the young people like to have cold pizza for breakfast.
66. Are American breakfasts the same in different states?
67. What do Americans think of breakfast?
68. What do people in South American call a heavy breakfast?
A: Hey, boy! ________
B: I think I have a cold. I feel terrible.
B: No, my body temperature（温度）is all right. But I have a headache and a sore throat.
A: Open your mouth and let me see. Oh, ________ Please take the medicine on time, you'll be better soon. B: But I feel so bad. doctor. ________
A: Don't worry. ________ They are good for your health.
69._________ 70.__________ 71. ________ 72. _________ 73. ___________
74. Eric swims ________ (two) a week in order to keep healthy.
75. It's about 30 ________ (minute) walk from my school to my home.
76. The teacher asked us ________ (not be) late for class.
77. Jack. can you ________ (get) back home before 6 pm today?
78. How can young people keep ________ (health)?
79. Rose spent one hour ________ (get) to the cinema by bus.
80. It is very important ________ (study) English.
VI. 句型转换 (1x14=14分)
81. Gina should drink some hot water.(改为否定句)
Gina ________ drink ________ hot water.
82. James sometimes takes me subway to get to work. （对划线部分提问）
________ ________ James get to work?
重庆八中2012-2013学年度（上）半期考试初二年级英语试题 第5页 共7页
83. They are staying in Hawaii for about a week.（对划线部分提问）
________ ________ are they staying in Hawaii?
84. Thank you very much for your invitation. （同义句转换）
________ a lot for ________ me.
Kids ________ ________ walk to school in the past.
My parents ________ to have a ________ vacation.
87. 同学们现在非常流行看“中国好声音”。 （汉译英）
The voice of China is very ________ ________ students now.
There was a forest. All the animals there played happily together. One day, the sun saw those happy animals hot. （照亮）the world. Without the sun, everything became gloomy（忧郁的）
The animals finally（最终）make the sun happy. Someone suggested that they play with the sun at then. So that's what they did.
All the animals had to sleep during the day, so that they could play at night. Soon the sun became happy
88._______ 89.________ 90._______ 91._______
92._______ 93.________ 94._______ 95._______
I’m so glad that you are going to meet me in Chongqing, I made a plan for your one-day visit. Now, let me tell you what you can do that day.
I hope you like my plan, and if you have more ideas, please write to me and let me know.
重庆八中2012-2013学年度（上）半期考试初二年级英语试题 第6页 共7页
重庆八中2012-2013学年度（上）半期考试初二年级英语试题 第7页 共7页