1. You don’t have to take notes ________ I tell you to do so.
A. if B. when C. because D. unless
2. ______, the boy won the prize.
A. In surprise B. To our surprise C. Be surprised D. Be surprising
3. Li Ming is in poor health. He should pay more attention _________ exercise.
A. to take B. to taking C. for taking D. in taking
4. You should keep working hard ____ you have passed the exam.
A. since B. because C. so D. even though
5. ------ Do you know where Li Ming is working _____? ------ Maybe in Guangzhou, I think.
A. at first B. at least C. at last D. at present
6. My mother is strict both _____ me and ____ her work.
A. with; with B. with; in C. in; in D. in; with
7. How many states _______ the United States? Fifty.
A. turn up B. make up C. end up D. give up
8. He thinks _____ history about Chinese is very important.
A. studied B. studying C. studies D. study
9. Can you learn English ________ chatting on the Internet? A. in B. with C. by D. for
10. I had some problems _____ my homework.
A. to finish B. finishing C. finishes D. finish
11. He didn’t study hard, so he was afraid ______ in the exam.
A. fail B. to fail C. failing D. failed
12. Did you see them ____ basketball this morning?
A. playing B. were playing C. to play D. are playing
13. We can’t fix this machine well. Can you show us ___?
A. how to do B. what to do it C. how to do it D. where to do
14. Usually we get ________ about something and end up _________ in Chinese.
A. exciting; speaking B. exciting; speak C. excited; speaking D. excited; speak
15. ___ study in No.4 Middle School?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to C. Do you used to D. Do you use to
16. My brother _________ works in that factory. He has become a bus driver.
A. not longer B. not any longer C. no longer D. not any more
17. His grandmother has been ________ for more than ten years.
A. died B. death C. dying D. dead
18. ____ the end, they arrived in the city ____the morning of June 20, 2005.
A. in; at B. By; on C. At; in D. In; on
19. The meat smells _________. A. bad B. badly C. terribly D. ill
20. ----How do you like the film? ----____.
A. No, I didn’t like it B. Yes, I like it C. It is quite good D. Thank you
21. Chen Hui was chewing gum ________.
A. any way B. all the time C. all time D. all the same
22. I met him in a bookshop ______.
A. the other day B. next day C. right now D. tomorrow
23. You must keep your eyes ________. A. close B. closed C. closing D. to close
24. The work is too hard, so ____ were needed.
A. another six men B. six men more C. more six men D. men another six
25. So far, the moon ________ by man already.
A. is visited B. will be visited C. has been visited D. was visited
26. Jack wanted to read more, so he asked his friend if there was ________ to read.
A. something easy enough B. something enough easy
C. enough easy something D. easy enough something
27. An accident ________ on Zhongshan Road yesterday afternoon.
A. has been happened B. was happened C. is happened D. happened
28. Because of the rain, we must ________ holding the sports meeting.
A. give up B. take off C. put off D. give away
29. You should try your best ____ your English.
A. to improve B. improving C. improves D. improve
30. You should be working instead of _________ there in bed.
A. lying B. lie C. lies D. to lie
A There was a young man named Bill in England. Before leaving school, he began to look for a job. Few companies needed new clerks due to the financial crisis（金融危机）at that time. It became harder and harder to find a job. Luckily, a chance camp up to him. A company wanted to employ（雇用）one person. He and the other twenty people joined in the first interview(面试). After that, three persons were allowed to enter the final test which would decide one person to be employed in the end. Bill was lucky to be among them. On the day of the second interview, Bill and the others arrived at the company on time. To their surprise, the interview was very easy. The interviewer only had a free talk with them, and then asked them to go back home waiting for the result. The next morning, Bill received a letter from the company which said he wasn't accepted. Certainly, he felt disappointed. On the evening of that day, Bill surprisingly received another letter, which said he was employed. But why was he accepted? As a matter of fact, the first letter sent to Bill was also part of the test. Every one of them got a letter which had the same meaning that morning. Only Bill replied with “Thank you” while the others said nothing.
Life isn’t all fun. There is always something making us unhappy. When you feel disappointed, please say “Thank you” to the person who disappoints you. That shows your great generosity(宽容) and politeness to others. If you do so, you’ll have more chances than others. 根据短文内容判断正（A）、误（B）。
31. Bill was a student during the financial crisis.
32. Twenty people wanted to get the job.
33. Bill felt surprised when he received the second letter.
34. All the three people were employed by the company.
35. From the passage, we know that to be generous and polite can help you get more chances. 2
Shopping on the Internet is becoming more and more popular. Why do people use the Internet to shop? Some people say it is more convenient. They don't have to leave their homes to order something; they can shop for anything they want at any time; they can find things for sale that they can't find in the Mores near their homes. Still other people say they can find better prices on the Internet.
If you want to buy something on the Internet, you need a credit (信用) card. You have to type your credit card number and information on the website (网页) and send them to the store over the Internet. You have to be sure that the store will not use your information in the wrong way. You don't want someone to get your credit card number, so be careful with it, because people sometimes steal (偷) credit card numbers from stores.
TV Internet is also a good place to go window-shopping. Window-shopping is when you look at the things for sale in a store, but don't plan to buy anything. In window-shopping you can see what kinds of things you are able to get and how much they cost. Some stores like Ross Stores have a website for information about their Mores, but not for shopping. Some stores have a website for information about their stores, and you can shop on line there, such as Office Depot, Payless Shoe Source and Safeway. Some stores like Amazone.com are only for on line shopping
36. Some people use the Internet to shop because ______.
A. they can sleep all day long B. they want to leave their homes.
C. they want to play with their friends D. they can get things with less money.
37. The Chinese meaning of the word “convenient” in this passage is “______”.
A. 时髦的 B. 较近的 C.
方便的 D. 可用的
38. If you want to shop on the Internet, you need ________.
A. an ID card B. a credit card C. an IC card D. a room card
39. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. You can shop on-line at www.officedepot .com
B. You can not shop on-line at www.rossstores.com.
C. You can only do window-shopping at www.amazone.com.
40. Why should we be careful with our credit card number?
A. Because it will be changed.
B. Because the store will not use your information.
C. Because we can not use your credit card when shopping.
D. Because people sometimes steal credit card numbers.
Last weekend, the four members of my family spent an enjoyable holiday at the Magic Kingdom - Disneyland. And one event made our visit seem truly magical.
We got to the front of the line at Space Mountain, only to find out that our little daughter Gloria couldn’t take her ice-cream on the ride. We were so excited that we all forgot ice-cream was not allowed on the ride.
Gloria broke into tears and we all had no idea what to do. Then Murphy, one of the staff(员工) members, came over. She bent down and told Gloria that she would hold the ice-cream for her and 3
give it to her when she finished the ride. Gloria said, "Promise?" Then she gave Murphy her ice-cream, and she completely enjoyed the ride.
Sure enough, as we walked out the exit, there was Gloria’s new friend with "her" ice-cream. Now you and I both know what happened, because we know that an ice-cream won’t last twenty minutes on a summer afternoon in Florida. Murphy knew what time we would get off the ride. she went to the nearest shop and bought a brand-new ice-cream thirty seconds before we walked out the exit. Gloria said, "Thank you," but I’m sure she thought it was the same ice-cream. above and beyond!
Your fan, Carmen Rivera
41. The family’s visit to the Magic Kingdom was ________.
A) helpful B) awful C) frightening D) enjoyable
42. Before the ride, Gloria cried because _________.
A) she couldn’t find her parents in the line
B) she was too little to take the ride
C) she couldn’t take her ice-cream on the ride
D) she had to wait for twenty minutes
43. Murphy was waiting for Gloria ___________ after the ride.
A) in the ice-cream shop B) at the exit
C) in the front of the line D) at the entrance
44. In order to keep the promise, Murphy __________.
A) took Gloria to the nearest shop
B) asked her new friend to help Gloria
C) helped Gloria get off the ride
D) bought a new ice-cream for Gloria
45. The underlined word "someone" in the last paragraph refers to (指的是) _________.
A) Murphy B) Disney C) Gloria D) Carmen
1.He wasn’t allowed __________ swimming after school.
2. Books can not be __________ out of the reading room.
3. How _____________ with this problem is very hard. We all need a good way.
4. We often _____________ our problems by ourselves in the past.
5. He’s been ________________ English for nearly six years.
6. My life _______________ a lot in the last few years.
7. _______________ our own home is a very exciting thing.
1. Sometimes hobbies can _______________ of school work .
2. I’m serious about _______________ . It’s my favorite sport.
3. My parents have always ____________ me the importance of working hard.
4. Little kids mustn’t ______________ too late.
5. They often spend all their time ____________ comics.
6. Do you like ________________ with your friend on the Internet?
7. Why not ____________ an English club?
1. ________________ 2. ________________ 3. __________________ 4. __________________
5.________________6.________________ 7. __________________ 8. __________________
Gregg Bleakney’s dream was to travel the Americas from top to bottom. He got the idea after he finished a long bike ride. Gregg’s friend, Brooks Allen, also liked riding a bike. The two friends talked and made a plan: they would travel from Alaska to Argentina – by bike.
To pay for the trip, Gregg and Brooks worked to save money for a long time. Once they were on the road, they often camped outdoors and ate cheaply. In many places, local people opened their doors to the two friends and gave them food.
On their way, they passed deserts, rainforests and mountains. They visited modern cities and ancient ruins (遗迹) such as Machu Picchu in Peru. And they made many friends from all over the world.
In May 2007 – two years, twelve countries, and over 30,500 kilometres later – Gregg finally reached Ushuaia, Argentina. (Near Guatemala, Brooks had to go back and Gregg continued without him.)
The trip taught both men a lot about traveling. What did they learn? Here is some of Gregg’s advice:
Travel light. You should carry many things with you.
Be flexible (灵活). Don’t plan everything. Then you’ll be more relaxed, especially if there are problems.
Be polite. One traveler told Gregg, “Nobody wants to fight or cheat a nice man.” It’s true. 根据文章内容填写5个空处，每空不限一词。每题1分
1.Gregg Bleakney’s dream was to _______________________.
2.Before traveling, the two friends _____________________ to pay for the trip.
3.___________ got to Ushuaia, Argentina in May 2007.
4.According to the passage, if you don’t plan everything for a trip, ___________________.
5.One traveler told Gregg that nobody wants to __________________________.
Harry Potter is a set of popular books created by J.K.Rowling in Britain. The books tell us some stories about a talented wizard (天才魔法师), Harry Potter. When he was eleven years old, he had an unhappy life. However, a strange letter changed everything. It said he was accepted by Hogwart's magic school which was closed to the common people. All kinds of adventures (冒险) happened to Harry from then on. He met Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger on his way to school. They became good friends later. Harry did well in his lessons and worked hard to play magic. Harry always had a positive attitude(态度)when he faced the difficulties. With the help of his friends, he tried his best to beat the enemies. Finally, the world peace came back. Smile
appeared on everyone's face. If someone wants to know what takes place in the magical world, he will have to read the set of books by himself!
Regent’s Park is the largest grass area for sports in London. It’s also the second largest park in the season. Regent’s Park has a lake, several public gardens, some sports grounds and three roses. In the north of Regent’s Park is the London Zoo. It’s __world. People can play many sports in Regent’s Park, including tennis and running. People can go the London Olympic Games in Regent’s Park in 2012.
(B) Both the British and Americans speak English. However, there are several differences between American English and British English. For example, the words they use in daily life are not the same. The British call the first floor of a building the ground floor. The floor above the ground floor is the first floor., which Americans call the second floor. Once you go to Britain and America, you may notice other differences. The British usually hide their feelings. They don’t often start a talk with strangers. On the train the British often spend their time reading newspapers or books. But Americans are more active and easier to talk with.
However, there are several differences between American English and British English.
However, American English is ____________ ____________ British English in several ways.
What do the British often spend their time reading on the train?
许多学习生活中的烦恼都会使人产生压力，为了更好地发现及解决同学们中存在的心理压力问题，你们班特意开展了一次以"Less Pressure, Better Life"为主题的英语演讲比赛，请你准备发言稿，谈谈你的一些缓解压力的好办法，与同学分享，内容包括：
注意：文中不得出现真实的姓名和校名。要采用used to句型和by doing结构。 词数80~100；短文的开头已给出(不计入总词数)。
Less Pressure, Better Life
Hello, boys and girls!
三、综A to go/ taken/ to deal/ solved/ learning/ has changed/ Designing get in the way/ running/ taught/ stay up/ reading/ chatting/ join
四、综B were/ allowed/ in/ held/ every/ took part in/ have won/ But
A. 1. travel the Americas from top to bottom
2. worked (to save money)
4. you’ll be flexible或you’ll be more relaxed,(especially if there are problems.)
5. fight or cheat a nice man
B. 1. age 2. open 3. met 4. returned 5. himself
C. 1. changes 2. children’s 3. thousands 4. older 5. boating
Newspaper or books.