Could you tell me where
the restrooms are?
? ? ?
Could you please tell me where I can …? Do you know where I can …? There is a … on the …
1a. Look at the places in your book! Write the most important words first!
interesting inexpensive uncrowded beautiful safe fascinating delicious big convenient clean 有趣的 不贵的 不太拥挤的 漂亮的 安全的 精彩的 美味的,可口的 大的 方便的 干净的
A sample dialogue
A: The Arts Museum is really interesting. B: Yes, and it’s fascinating, too.
2a. Listen and write what the tourists
ask about in each conversation.
Conversation 1--Conversation 2--Conversation 3---
2b. Listen again. Write where the man says the tourists should go.
Conversation 1--- Green Land Conversation 2--t the corner of Market and Middle streets. Conversation 3--- The computer museum
A: Can you tell me where there’s a good place to eat? B: Of course. What kind of food do you like?
3a.Read the article and fill in the chart!
dress up as clowns
slide water slide clown staff organized dress up market 滑道 水滑道 小丑 工作人员；全体职员 有组织的；安排有序的 穿上盛装；装扮 市场；集市广场
Fill in the chart!
have fun learn
clown City café
organized games science museum
take dance lessons
sports museum history museum
A sample dialogue
A: Could you please tell me if there are any good museums in Newtown? B: Yes. There’s a fascinating science one. There’s also a very interesting art museum next street.
1. A different rock band plays at Uncle Bob’s every night. Uncle Bob’s中’s属格后的名词省略掉了。 因为’s属格后的名词如指商店、家宅等地 点时,该名词常省略。 e.g. at the doctor’s 在诊所 to my uncle’s 到我叔叔家 Johnson’s = Johnson’s Shop 约翰逊商店
2. They have organized games and the staff dress up as clowns. 他们组织了游戏, 并且员工化装为小丑。 (1) staff 意为职员; 一个机构的全体工作 人员。 e.g. The school’s staff is / are excellent.
(2) dress up 通常指小孩穿别人衣服 闹着玩，装扮 e.g. to dress up as an astronaut 另外, 还有穿上礼服, 穿上盛装之意。 e.g. Don’t bother to dress up for the party.
相关链接 (1) dress in和be dressed in用来形容某人 的外表。 e.g. She always dresses in black. I’ll be dressed in a red coat. (2) wear“穿着(衣服)”亦表示一种状态。 She always wears black. (3) put on则指穿衣这个动作。 e.g. She put on a woolly scarf before she went out.
3. Is that a good place to hang out？ 那是一个闲逛的好地方吗？ to hang out是不定式作后置定语修饰a good place这个名词短语。 e.g. She has no
thing to say. (to say是不定式作后置定语修饰nothing.) They have little food to eat. (to eat是不定式作后置定语修饰little food.)
4. While the children have fun, parents can take dance lessons on the beach. (1) while连词, 当……的时候, 和……同时。 e.g. They arrived while we were having dinner. while后面所引导的动词, 往往是可持续的。 (2) take 从事, 进行。 e.g. I’m going to take a walk / a bath/ a break.
相关链接 when:当……时, 持续或非持续性动词都 可跟在when后面。 e.g. I jumped up when she called. as:正当……的时候, 随着, 强调同时发生。 e.g. He saw her as he was getting off the bus.
1.You aren’t right .I think.
（请将两句合成一句） I don’t think you are right ______________________________. 2.shampoo, where, can, buy, you, do, know, I.
(连词成句) Do you know where I can buy shampoo ____________________________________? 3.You should eat more vegetables and less meat. （改为否定句）
or You _________ _______more vegetables _____less shouldn’t eat meat. 4.Do you know where the bookstore is? （同义句替换） Can tell how get _____you ____ me _____to ____to the bookstore? 5.The bank is next to the library. （对画线部分提问） Where is the bank? ______________________.
1. Write the opposite of each word.. use the words in the box. safe expensive ____ not easy to to use ____ low-priced not good to eat ____ fascinating dangerous ____ convenient boring ____ delicious
2. Write about a shopping mall or other
shopping area in your community.
How big it is? What is special about it?