1. You can study the grammar ________ memorizing it． A. with B．by C. on
2. Whatever you study, you should ____ it．
A. communicate with B. deal with C. concentrate on 3. I feel very worried that I don’t have a partner ____
A. to practice English B. practice English with C. to practice English with. 4. She has to ____ some of her hobbies because she has no time to spend on them． A．give up B．make up C．pick up
5. --- Don’t forget to lock the door when you leave. ---No, I ______ .
A. I haven’t B. I won’t C. don’t
6. ____ a teacher, John thinks that his main duty is to help the students to become better learners.
A. As B. By C. About
7. I feel ____ to have a friend like him．He always helps me out when I am in trouble，A．1uckily B．happy C．sorry
8. I don’t think he should be allowed to get a ____ license. He’s only 16 years old. A. drivers B. driver’s C. drivers’
9. --- Sally got good marks in the English exams. ---Yes, she did, and so ____.
A. you did B. did you C. were you
10. I used _____________ to the cinema a lot, but now I don’t have that time. A. to go B. go C. to going
11. The boy found ____ difficult to give up the work. A. it B. that C. this
12. ---Why don’t ask your mother for help?
---My mother won’t agree with me, _____. A. too B. also C. either
13. He wrote ____carefully that he made no mistakes at all. A. such B. such a C. so
14. Can you tell me how to study ____ a math test?
第 1 页 共 10 页
A. at B. for C. in
15. The teacher came into the classroom ____ a smile on her face.
A. with B. has C. for
16. —Tom speaks Chinese very well. Who teaches him?
—He studies by __________.
A. he B. him C. himself D. his
17. —Are you afraid of _________ at home on weekends?
—Yes, a little. So I often watch TV.
A. being alone B. to be alone
C. speaking in front of a group D. to speak in front of a group
18. —Do you want to have your ears __________?
—No, my parents don’t allow me to do so.
A. pierce B. piercing C. to pierce D. pierced
19. —What would you do if you __________ a million dollars?
—I’d give half of it to charity.
A. have B. had C. have had D. will have
20. I’m sorry to ________ you, but can you tell me the way to the station?
A. talk B. trouble C. see D. speak
21. To begin __________, we must think about the problem from all sides.
A. at B. in C. with D. of
22. English can help us __________ many new books and movies.
A. understand B. understood C. read D. wrote
23. —Have you ever been angry __________ your parents?
—No, not yet.
A. at B. to C. for D. with
24. It’s our duty to try best __________ each challenge in our education.
A. to deal with B. dealing with C. solve D. solving
25. —Can your son ____________ himself?
—Yes, he is old enough to do it now.
A. have on B. dress C. put on D. wear
26. —It was very hot yesterday .
A. So it is B. So is it C. So was it D. So it was
27. —Your hair is long. You should get it __________.
—OK. I’ll do it tomorrow.
A. cut B. cuts C. cutting D. to cut
28. Children ___________ to swim in lakes alone. It’s dangerous.
第 2 页 共 10 页
A. needn’t be allowed B. should not allow
C. aren’t allowed D. should be allowed
29. —Miss Yang doesn’t look well. What’s wrong with her?
—Oh, she has some trouble _____ her baby well.
A. take care of B. looking after C. taking after D. to look after
30. —Have you ever been to Hangzhou?
—Yes, I was _________ by the beautiful scenery（风景）.
A. impressed B. improved C. helped D. moved
B: That all depends on what it is.
A: This is a problem. I’m still having trouble with my English.
A: I can’t get my pronunciation right. I don’t know what to do.
B: 37__________ I do that sometimes. I think it helps.
A: I will do that. I think it will help.
A: Sometimes I can’t understand what other people say if they speak too fast.
A: English language club?
Hi, Lingling, A 第 3 页 共 10 页
Thank you for your e-mail. I’m very happy that we met each other on the Internet. __1__ are your English classes going? Have you learned a lot? In Canada, students learn a foreign language, too. Most English-speaking students learn French. In my school we can choose __2__ Chinese or French, or both. I choose to learn __3__. I have a lot of Chinese friends. My sister is __4__ learning Chinese. This way we can talk to each other __5__ Chinese and our parents won’t __6__.
In Vancouver, my hometown, there are a lot of __7__ schools. If someone wants to learn a foreign language, he can go to these schools after regular classes. Most of these schools __8__ Chinese classes. And many Chinese parents __9__ their children to Chinese language schools so they won’t __10__their native language.
You told me that learning English is __11__. I think so. Chinese is also difficult for me, but we shouldn’t __12__. Next time I send you an e-mail. I’ll try to write in __13__ and you can reply in English. This way, we’ll help each other in learning a foreign language!
I’d like to know more __14__ what it is like to learn English in China. Could you please tell me about __15__? I’m looking forward to reading your e-mail.
1. A. Where B. When C. How
2. A. either B. other C. neither
3. A. Chinese B. French C. English
4. A. too B. either C. also
5. A. with B. in C. by
6. A. understand B. hear C. study
7. A. sports B. art C. language
8. A. give B. offer C. speak
9. A. send B. talk C. collect
10. A. remember B. forget C. learn
11. A. easy B. difficult C. interesting.
12. A. give up B. turn down C. look up
13. A. English B. Chinese C. French
14. A. about B. over C. from
15. A. them B. those C. it
第 4 页 共 10 页
If I don't want a stamp, I try to swap it with a friend. I don't any stamps because they cost too much money.
Most of my stamps are ones, which are stuck on paper at first. I have to get the damaging( 毁坏)them. wants to collect damaged stamps. I put the stamps into water in a bowl. After ten to twenty minutes, the water makes the paper
to peel off the stamps carefully and let them dry. After that, I put them in one of my stamp albums(集邮册) .
albums, one for each country.
I can things from my stamps. They make my school . They show me what birds, animals and plants there are in a country. They let me people and events in different countries. Some old stamps are very valuable. Perhaps one day , too.
51. A. Many B. Few C. No D. All
52. A. can B. can't C. like to D. often
53. A. hour B. week
C. month D. year
54. A. because B. when C. so D. after
55. A. want B. sell C. swap D. buy
56. A. used B. new C. beautiful D. interesting
57. A. after B. until C. without D. with
58. A. Everybody B. Nobody C. Somebody D. Anybody
59. A. wet B. fresh C. clean D. beautiful
60. A. difficult B. good C. hard D. easy
61. A. one B. four C. five D. many
62. A. have B. buy C. learn D. want
63. A. alive B. boring C. busy D. difficult
64. A. talk B. know C. worry D. complain
65. A. new B. old C. cheap D. valuable IVA
When you are feeling unhappy or forget how great you are, these are six ways to make you feel good about yourself.
1) Look in the mirror and say to yourself,” I am a special person and there’s no one in the world like me. I can do anything!” It may not sound so good, but it really works!
2) Do something nice for someone. Helping others always makes you feel good.
第 5 页 共 10 页
3) Smile! Be friendly to people you meet. Look for the good things in your friends and family.
4) Learn something new! Have you always wanted to decorate(装饰) your own room or learn how to swim? Go for it! New challenges are fun and give you a sense of accomplishment when you have finished.
5) Read and start a diary. Turn off the TV and let your imagination fly! Write down your thoughts, dreams or anything you want! Writhing always helps to express your feeling.
6) Stay with your family. We all need our family time. Talk with your Mum or Dad or maybe even your cousin.
1. This passage may be taken from ____
A. a science book B. a story book C. a magazine
2. According to the passage, when you are helping others, you will ____
A. be special B. feel good C. be remembered
3. What do the words “a sense of accomplishment” mean?
A. 成就感 B、挫折感 C、忧伤感
4. Which of the following should you say “NO” when you are unhappy?
A. You should always look for the good things of others.
B. Stay alone at home as much as possible
C. Learn something new and go for it.
5. The best title is ____
A. Do Your Best B. It’s Never too Late to Learn C. Six Ways to Feel Good about Yourself.
Two years ago，on a cold afternoon．When I was having class，I felt my stomach was ache so much．I couldn’t even stand up，so my husband took me to the hospital which was the biggest one in our city．We took a taxi there. There were many people waiting for the doctor．Because it was in winter，many people had a cold．1 waited in lines．The patients went away one by one，soon it was my turn to see the doctor．Because I was an outgoing person，I talked with the doctor first．The doctor asked me some questions without looking me over．For example, “What’s your name? How old are you? Are you married(结婚)? When did it start?” I answered all the questions without any delay(延误)．But I got the answer that was，“Are you really ill? I think you are much better than the healthy person．” 1 was so angry that I gave him nothing and ran away．I swore(发誓)that I would never go to that hospital any more．
6．What’s the matter with the writer?
A. She had a cold． B. She had a bad stomachache． C. There was nothing wrong with her．
7．How did they go to the hospital?
A. Walk there． B. Take the bus there． C. Take a taxi there．
8．Were there many sick people?
A. Yes，there were．B. No，there weren’t．C. They all had a cold．
第 6 页 共 10 页
9. Which words of the doctor made the writer angry?
A．What’s your name? B．Are you married?
C．Are you really ill? I think you’re much better than the healthy person．
10. What did the writer swear?
A．She would never go to that hospital any more．
B．She would never see a doctor C．She would be a doctor himself．
A. Mary B. Jack C. Tina
12. What is How to Improve Your Memory?
A. A movie B. A book C. A story
13. When will Mary probably go to see Harry Potter?
A. May 12th B. May 15th C. May 13th
14. Whose might the book be?
A. The school B. Tina C. Jack
15. Which sentence is right according to the forms?
A. Jack is always worried about his memory.
B. Tina and Mary might see the film at 4:00, May 13th.
C. Mr. Smith might help Tina fix up(修理) her computer.
第 7 页 共 10 页
If you came from a poor family and couldn’t go to a good school, could one book change your life? It did for Srinivasa Ramanujan, a bright young Indian boy. When he was 15 years old, he found a book about math. It was a book with 6,000 very difficult problems. While Srinivasa’s friends played football on the road in front of his house, he worked out the answers to these problems. He answered them all by himself －－without any help from anyone else . Then he thought of new problems and answered them, too. Soon, he was better at math than all of his teachers.
A year later , Srinivasa was invited （邀请）to study at university （大学）, even though he was really too young . However, he failed most of his exams. Why? Because he was only interested in math and didn’t care enough about his other subjects. He wrote about his ideas and sent his work to magazines （杂志）. A British mathematician （数学家）read his work and started writing letters to him . Later, he invited Srinivasa to go to England to study and work. In England, people didn’t care whether Srinivasa was good at other subjects or not.
By the time he was 30, Srinivasa Ramanujan, a poor boy who liked math better than playing football, had become one of the world’s most famous mathematicians.
1. When did Srinivasa find the book?
2. Who helped Srinivasa work out the problem?
3. Did Srinivasa do well in all his subjects?
4. Who invited Srinivasa to England to study and work?
5. What had the boy become by the time he was 30?
Tom 1________from America. He and his parents 2_________to China two years ago. He came here 3__________ Chinese. He 4___________ all his lesson already. He 5__________back home next month. I hope he will have a good journey home.
第 8 页 共 10 页
We all need to exercise. Doctors say it is good for us 1________ every day. It makes your body 2______ . And you will feel much 3______ about yourself. It’s best to do sports 4______ each week. Twenty minutes each time 5_______ enough.
There are many 6______ to exercise. You can walk, run, play sports, or swim. Many people go to special places to exercise. They 7_____ “fitness centers.”(健身中心)
Exercise can be fun. Friends can exercise together at a fitness center. Or they can play sports together. I often exercise by 8______ in the morning. 9______ do you exercise?
第 9 页 共 10 页
II. 1-5: CAACB 6-10: ACBAB 11-15: BABAC
V. 1. importance 2. attention 3. pronunciation 4. death 5. matter
6. to exercise 7. to exercise 8. is 9. are called 10. running VI. 1.What are you doing
2.Why are you learning English/Why do you learn English?
3.Is it necessary to learn English
4.Many foreign friends will come to our country
5.It’s very useful for everyone to learn English
第 10 页 共 10 页