1. Thank you for sth. / thank you for doing …
Thank you for your help. ==Thank you for helping me.
2. tell sb. about sth. / tell sb. to do …
3. on Sunday / October 31/ April 1, 2010
on a cold morning
on the morning of October 31
4. have (a lot of /great) fun doing…
have a good time doing…
5. dress up as a ghost
dress up (in a white dress)
dress his son
6. paint our faces
paint the house blue
paint--- painter --- painting eg. a Chinese painting
7. make pumpkin lanterns
make lanterns out of pumpkins = make pumpkins into lanterns make A into B = make B out of A
8. play a game with the people inside
moon cakes with nuts inside
inside ----- outside eg. We can meet outside the park.
9. knock on / at the people’s doors
10. give us some candy as a treat== give us a treat of some candy treat sb. as …
11. play a trick /joke on sb.
12. If they don’t give us a treat, we play a trick on them.
13. enjoy nice food and drinks
14. Halloween is not much fun for children. (不可数名词)
15. on Halloween
At the Mid-autumn Festival
on Children’s Day
16. people in the USA
17. have a party on that day
18. She thinks it is really a special day. (宾语从句)
1. What’s in the bag?------ There is/ are …
What’s that in the bag？ It is …
2. have a guess‘
3. dress up as a ghost
4. how/what about sth.
5. What is your favourite festival? = What festival do you like best?
6. Why do you like it? Because ….
7. get lots of nice presents
8. at Christmas / on Christmas Day
9. the Mid-autumn Festival
10. on that day
11. get together
12. have a big dinner / have dinner
13. enjoy the full moon