What’s the best movie theater?
Section B (3a-self check)
What’s your favorite place to go on weekends? Why is it? The Children’s Center is the best place to go on weekends. Because I can play tennis and play ping-pong. I can speak English with friends.
The best place to go is Center Park. Because I can swim and climb the hill. I can fly kites and take a walk in the woods.
3a Read the article about Greenwood
Park. Fill in the blanks with the correct superlative forms of the adjectives and adverbs in the box.
处应是形容词还是副词，根据 句意确定单词。 最后，将单词正确的最高级形式填到空 格上。副词前可以不加 the。
crowed, creative, good, fast, quietly
Greenwood Park is _________ place to go the best on weekends. I always finish my breakfast _______ on Saturdays because I want to fastest get to Greenwood Park before 10:00 a.m. to meet my friends. The park is the most crowded place on weekends ________________ because almost everyone goes there to see the street performers.
Some people think they are boring, but I the most creative think they are ________________ people. However, the place where you can enjoy the most quietly your time ________________ is at one of the small coffee shops near the park. You can read or relax there. There is something for everyone at Greenwood Park.
crowded adj. 人多的；拥挤的；挤满的 最高级形式在前面加most。 e.g. The supermarket is the most crowded place on weekends. 周末超市是最拥挤的地方。
Think about some of the best 3b places/things in your town. Why are they the best?
Best places / things in my town
best middle No. 1 Middle Because it is the school School most beautiful school in my town Best super- New Century the best quality market Supermarket the best service
Best places/things in my town
most delicious food best Rui Jia restaurant Restaurant the cleanest
best clothes Fashion store Kids
best quality clothes
HanHai 3D biggest screen Theater most comfortable seats
Write about your town and the best places/things there. I live in a beautiful town near the Yellow River. ______________________________ ____________________________________ ____________________________________ ____________________________________ ____________________________________
the most beautiful. ____________________________________ The best supermarket is New Century ____________________________________ Supermarket because it has the best ____________________________________ quality things and the best service. The ____________________________________ best restaurant is Rui Jia Restaurant ____________________________________ because it has the most delicious food
__________________________________ and it is the cleanest restaurant. The __________________________________ best clothes store is Fashion Kids __________________________________ because it has the best quality clothes __________________________________ and it plays the nicest music. The best __________________________________ theater is Hanhai 3D Theater because it __________________________________ has the biggest screen and it has the __________________________________ most comfortable seats.
4 Discuss the towns/cities in China
with a partner. Tell the class which town/city you think is the best.
Which is the best town/city? … has the best … … is the best because … … is better than …, but … is the most …
I think Hangzhou is the best city in China. Because it’s the most beautiful. West Lake is the most famous place. And it’s the most popular city. Quite a lot of visitors come to Hangzhou every year.
I think San Ya is the best city in China. It has the most beautiful beaches. It has the cleanest water. It’s the warmest place. You can eat the most delicious sea food. You can enjoy the sunshine most quietly.
1. Fill in the blanks with the superlative forms of the words in the box.
popular comfortably bad
1. Dumpling House is ________ restaurant in the city. You can get a big plate of dumplings for only five yuan.
2. Spring Park is ________ place in the city on weekends. Many families go there with their young children. Lots of old people like to take walks there, too. 3. You can rest _______ at Flower Hotel. Their rooms are clean and big. 4. 109.9FM plays _______ music. The songs are always boring and too loud.
5. PEP High School is _______
school in this town. They have big
classrooms, fantastic teachers and
an excellent sports center.
首先，阅读句子理解大意。确定空格 是修饰名词还是修饰动词，从而确定空格 处是形容词还是副词。最后填上其恰当的 最高级形式。 1. the cheapest; 空格后有名词 restaurant; 关键句“你可以仅花五元就能买到一大 盘 饺子。”
2. the most popular; 空格后有名词place; 关 键句“很多家庭带着小孩子去那里，很多 老年人也喜欢在那里散步。” 3. most comfortably; 空格后无名词，修饰 空格前的动词rest；句意：你可在鲜花旅 馆得到最舒服的休息，他们的房间既干 净又宽敞。
4. the worst; 空格后有名词music; 关键句
5. the best; 空格后有名词school; 关键句 “他们有
2. Read the information. Then correct the mistakes in the sentences below. A movie ticket at Town Cinema is $12.00. it is $10.50 at Screen City, and $10.00 at Movie World. Screen City is always very crowded. Many people go to Movie World, too. But you can always get a ticket at
Town Cinema. The seats at Movie World are very comfortable. The seats at Screen City are a little hard. The Town Cinema seats are very uncomfortable.
1. Movie World is the most expensive. 2. Screen City has the cheapest tickets. 3. Town Cinema is more popular than Screen City. 4. Movie World is the most popular. 5. Town Cinema has the most comfortable seats.
1. 改为Town Cinema is the most expensive.
2. 改为Movie World has the cheapest tickets. 原因：在短文第一段中列举了这三家影剧 院的票价：Town Cinema 12美元；Screen
City 10.50美元；Movie World 10美元。
3. 改为Town Cinema is less popular than Screen City. 4. 改为Screen City is the most popular. 原因：在短文第二段中描述了，Screen City总是很拥挤，Movie World 也有很多 人；而人们总是在Town Cinema能买到票。 可推知Screen City最受欢迎，Movie World 次之，Town Cinema最差。
5. 改为Town Cinema has the most
uncomfortable seats.或 Screen City has
the most comfortable seats.
的座椅很舒服；Movie World 的有点硬；
“前缀un + 形容词” 常构成此形容 词的反义词。 happy 愉快的；高兴的 unhappy 不高兴的 common adj. 普通的；寻常的 uncommon adj. 不寻常的；非凡的