I. 单项选择（共20小题; 每小题1分，满分20分）
1. The TV play _______ for ten minutes when I turned on the TV.
A. had begun B. has been on C. had been on D. had started
2. I prefer _____ rather than _____.
A. to watch TV, listening to radio B. watching TV, listening to a radio
C. watching TV, listen to a radio D. to watch TV, listen to a radio
3. There are _____ apples in this basket than in that one.
A. a lot of more B. a lot more C. a lot most D. much more
4. My father used ______ there.
A. to working B. to work C. worked D. working
5. --- You haven’t been to Hong Kong, have you?
--- ______. How I wish to go there
A. Yes, I have B. Yes, I haven’t
C. No, I have D. No, I haven’t
6. By the time the firemen arrived, the big fire _______.
A. had put out B. had been put out
C. had put off D. had been put off
7. Her mother told me that she hadn’t heard _____ music before.
A. such a piece of beautiful B. such a beautiful
C. so beautiful a D. a such wonderful
8. Today the forests have almost gone. People must ______ down too many trees.
A. stop to cut B. stop from cutting
C. be stopped to cut D. be stopped from cutting
9. I didn’t go to see the film last night because I _______ it.
A. have seen B. saw C. had seen D. would see
10. We have never seen _____ good a car _____ this.
A. as, as B. so, as C. such, that D. so, that
11. Not only I but also Tom and Jack _____ interested in English because it _____ useful.
A. is, is B. is, are C. are, is D. are, are
12. Would you please help me _____ the picture on the wall?
A. put up B. put on C. put into D. put off
13. Excuse me, could you _____ me your new dictionary?
A. borrow B. keep C. lend D. take
14. He lives __________ the second floor the tall building
A. on, in B. in on C. at ,in D. by on
15. Would you please tell me ______________ next, Mr. Wang?
A. what should we do B. we should do what
C. what we should do D. should we do what
16. ----Do you know _____________?
-----I am not sure. Maybe he is a businessman.
A. who he is B. who is he C. what he does D. what does he do
17. Let him have a rest. He is ________ tired.
A. kind of B. bit of C. kind D. all kinds of
18 I left my homework at home, so I didn’t __________ my homework.
A. hand in B. hand out C. look for D. give in
19. Both Mary and I _______ from America.
A. is B. am C. are D. was
20. He was ____by her beauty.
A. fascinate B. fascinated C. fascination D. fascinating
As I have learnt English very well in the university(大学), there is a good chance I will be able to stay on as a teacher with the university where I Most of my friends and But I don't know___3____to do. It is not that I wouldn't like to be a teacher. But I don't want practice.
I once taught business English at a night school, yet I had never done any business. Though I prepared my lessons well, I create (创造) a “real-life” situation(情景) for my English and French. I also want to know more about other things.
I know that___8____I leave the university, I shall start from the beginning in some ways, but learn, to work hard to keep up with others and then, if possible, surpass(超过) ( ) 21. A. visiting B. working C. studying D. playing
( ) 22. A. know B. think C. excuse D. hear
( ) 23. A. whether B. what C. how D. why
( ) 24. A. pictures B. covers C. pages D. theory
( ) 25. A. failed B. enjoyed C. decided D. needed
( ) 26. A. study B. work C. travel D. wait
( ) 27. A. learn B. finish C. worry D. use
( ) 28. A. if B. before C. until D. even
( ) 29. A. free B. slow C. ready D. polite
( ) 30. A. language B. means C. life D. story
I was crossing the street when I heard the sound of a coin dropping. As I turned, my eyes caught the heads of several other people turning, too. We are surrounded by so many sounds that attract the most attention. People in New York City seldom turn to look when a fire engine(消防车), a police car or an ambulance comes screaming along the street. When I'm in New York, I'm a New Yorker. I don't turn either, just like the native people. At home in my little town, it's different. The distant wail of a police car, an emergency vehicle or a fire siren(汽笛、警报) brings me to my feet if I'm seated and brings me to the window if I'm in bed.
31. The sound of a coin dropping makes people _____________.
A. think of money B. look at each other
C. pay attention to it D. stop crossing the street
32. People in New York City__________.
A. don't care about emergencies B. are used to sirens
C. are attracted by sounds D. don't hear loud noises
33. What's the meaning of the underlined word "seldom"?
A.很少 B.偶尔 C. 完全不 D. 常常
34. What's your idea about "brings me to my feet"?
A. lets me feel nervous B. gives me much pressure
C. lets me stand up D. calls me up
35. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. People in New York are warm-hearted.
B. In New York I pay much attention to the emergencies.
C. I'll have a good sleep even if there' s an emergency in my town.
D. When at home in my town I care about emergencies.
Sometimes it's hard to park cars in big cities. Once an old man arrived at a parking place first. He stopped his large Rolls Royce just in front of the parking place. Then he turned his head and began to drive his car very slowly into the space. Just as he was doing this, a very young man in a Mini came up from behind. He noticed the space and drove straight in. The old man had to stop suddenly and angrily. He wound down his window and looked at the young, man. But the young man wasn't sorry. He had gotten out of his ear now and he was laughing. "You have to be young to do that!" he said to the older driver. The old man said nothing. He just began to drive his Rolls Royce again and hit Mini very hard. There wasn't much of the Mini left when the old driver had finished. The young man watched what was happening and couldn't believe his eyes. He was very angry and very red in the face. The old man looked out of the window and smiled, "You have to be rich to do that," he said.
36 Which of the following can not be used to describe the story?
A. First come, first served. B. He laughs best who laughs last.
C. Win at first and lose at last D. The young and the old will never agree.
37. What's your idea about "wound down" in the passage?
A. 把……关上 B.把……打开
C.把 ……摇下 D.把……摇上
38. What happened to the young man’s car later?
A. It's as nice as before B. It was broken.
C. It could still run. D. It was old but good.
39. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. The parking space was not large enough to park two cars.
B. Two cars happened to hit each other in a parking place.
C. Two drivers tried to park their cars at the same time.
D. Two cars hit each other because the drivers wanted to take a parking place.
40. What does “You have to be rich to do that” mean?
A. You could park your car first if you were richer than me.
B. You are so poor that you can’t park your car here.
C. Only rich people can park here.
D. You are not rich enough to have a car like mine.
Customs are social habits. They have been handed down through generations among social groups, social classes, etc. Customs can be described as ways of doing things. They are particularly(特别) strong in social practices on the occasions (场合) of births, marriages and deaths.
In China, these days, some people in cities are learning from Western customs. For example some brides (新娘) dress in the long white dress that is the usual bridal wear in many western countries.
Every people have special customs for New Year. The Han people have many interesting Spring Festival customs. And now, quite a number of people living in the cities have followed the western customs of sending New Year greeting cards for January the first.
One interesting custom in China is that mothers wrap up (包) their babies tightly(紧紧地). This is not the custom is Western countries, where babies are usually dressed in loose garments.
41. It is true that____________.
A. customs have never been changed
B. customs have been formed during a short time
C. customs have been formed little by little
D. customs have been quickly formed and changed
42. How do the Chinese young people learn from western countries at their marriages?
A. Men wear white coats.
B. The brides have on white clothes.
C. The marriages are only held in the men's homes.
D. Their parents all have to attend their marriages.
43. The difference about clothing between Chinese and Western babies is that _______.
A. Western babies have more clothes than Chinese babies.
B. Western babies are dressed in bigger clothes while Chinese babies are usually wrapped.
C. Chinese babies are usually dressed in new clothes
D. Chinese mothers are used to dressing their babies in colorful clothes.
44. The underlined word "garment" in this passage is________.
A. a bed B. a kind of food C. a house D. a kind of clothes
45. This passage tells us that__________.
A. most of the Chinese people take the Spring Festival seriously
B. each person has his special custom for New Year
C. the people all over China spend New Year in the same way
D. People in the cities and villages send New Year greeting cards to each other
1. He often _____________ in the street with his friends at night. (闲荡) 2. You can buy _____________ fruit and vegetables in SM. (新鲜的)
3. The signs means No here. (停车) 4. I have several ______________ (邮票 ) 5. They live in different _____________(城市).
6. Our teacher gave me an ______(education) book yesterday. 7. Australia is very large, but the p_____ is quite small 8. Do you think that he had e______ so many difficulties? 9. Our teacher tell us plants d_____ from seeds.
10. It’s not good for parents to s_____ their children. Ⅴ、同义句转换
1. Mr He teaches himself English at home.
Mr He English himself at home.
9. The boy is so young that he can’t go to school this year.
He is _____ a young boy_____he can’t go to school this year 1. He said that his favourite food is dumplings. He said that he _____ dumplings _____. 4. I hope that I shall get well very soon. I hope _____ _____ well very soon. 6. She gave her son a call, but he wasn’t in. She _____ _____ her son, but he wasn’t in. Ⅵ.补全对话
Xiao Bin and his father are at home.)
Xiao Bin： What are you doing now, Dad? Father ： I'm learning English ____1___TV.
Xiao Bin：What are you doing that____2___? You are only a taxi driver, ____3___a student. Is it useful for you to learn English?
Father ：Yes. As we know, the Olympic Games 4 be held in Beijing in 2008. When that day if I know much English, I will my taxi to give welcome and the friends the world.
Xiao Bin：Oh, you are really great!
Father ：And what's more, we have been a 9 of the WTO. So English will be more and our best to Xiao Bin：Good idea!
The clock struck（敲）eight，but I was still on the bed．I could hear it was blowing strongly．“It must be windy outside，” I thought．
I came to the small town a week ago． I sold some clothes to a
shop．Christmas was coming and I hoped to buy some presents for my family and friends．So I tried to meet the manager and ask him to pay for（付款）them．I was out of luck（运气不好）．He went to London and I had to wait for him here．There was no theatre here but a cinema．The films were all too old．I preferred staying in the small hotel to sitting in the cold cinema．
Half an hour later，I felt hungry．I had to get up．It was white everywhere and
some children were skiing down the hill．On my way to the small restaurant，I saw a boy fall on to a rock （岩石）．I ran to him quickly and carried him to a hospital．Soon his parents came here．Now I knew the boy was just the manager's son．He thanked me very much and gave me the money after we had a dinner．
1）What was the weather like today？
2）What did the writer come to the town for？
3）Why did the writer prefer staying in the hotel？
4）When did the writer get up？
5）Why did the manager thank the writer？
Suppose your pen friend in England wants to know something about Chinese coins. You write to tell him about the coins and draw a sketch (草图) for him.
Now please finish the following steps.
1. Fill in each blank of the passage with a correct number:
There are _____ kinds of coins in use in China. They are 1-fen coins, 2-fen coins, 5-fen coins,1-jiao coins, 5-jiao coins and 1-yuan coins. One jiao is equal to _____ fen, and one yuan is equal to _____ jiao or ______ fen. The total face value for the coins is ______ fen.
2. Draw six circles with different sizes to stand for six kinds of coins. The smallest coin has
a diameter (直径) of around 18mm, and the largest, 30mm.
3. Put Chinese characters (汉字) on each circle to show the face value, then put an English
note below each “coin”.
A. 假定你是一名来到钟祥的陌生人而不知道怎样到Ming Tombs ,请根据所学礼节
Dear Li Gang,
How are you? I am leaving this note to tell you that…