- - - - - - - - - -
- - -
- - 线 订
答 - - - - -
- 2013年度黟县初中联考试卷·八年级英语（二） 第一部分 听力（共四大题，满分15分） I.关键词语选择（共5小题，每小题0.5分；满分2.5分） 你将听到五个句子，请在每小题所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出你所听到的单词或短语。每个句子读两遍。 ( ) 1.A. outgoing B. reading C. interesting ( ) 2.A. both B. boat C. bus ( ) 3.A. sleeps B. serious C. streets ( ) 4.A. math B. English C. physics ( ) 5.A. look at B. arrive at C. laugh at II.长对话理解（共5小题，每小题0.5分；满分2.5分） 你将听到两段对话，每段对话后有几个小题。请在每小题所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。每段对话读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答6至7两个小题。 ( ) 6. What subject does Miss Green teach? A. English. B. Math. C. Chinese. ( )7. What is Miss Green like? A. She is outgoing. B. She is quiet. C. She is shy. 听下面一段对话，回答8至10两个小题。 ( ) 8. What don’t the member(会员)do in the club? A. Watch English movies. B. Go to the English corner. C. Have English parties. ( ) 9. How long does the club open(开) every Wednesday? A. For one hour. B. For an hour and a half. C. For two hours. ( ) 10. When will the boy and the girl meet tomorrow? A. At 3:50 . B. At 4:00. C. At 5:30. III. 短文理解（共5小题，每小题1分；满分5分） 你将听到一篇短文，短文后有五个问题。请根据短文内容，在每小题所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。短文读两遍。 ( ) 11. How was the weather on Saturday? A. Hot. B. Cold. C. Cool. ( ) 12. What did Bill do on Saturday morning? A. He helped his mother clean the house. B. He did his homework. C. He studies for his math test. ( ) 13. How did Bill go to the library on Saturday afternoon? A. By bus. B. By bike. C. On foot.
( ) 14. How long did it take Bill to get to the library?
A. Twenty minutes. B. Twenty-five minutes. C. Thirty minutes.
( ) 15. Who did Bill meet in the library?
A. His teacher. B. His cousin. C. His friend.
21. The teacher is good at ______ stories and the children all like her.
A. make up B. make up C. making up
22. — Jackie Chan is popular in China.
—Yes, he sings ______ and acts even .
A. good; well B. well; well
A. is B. are C. well; better C. am D. good better D. were
D. look out 23. I think news_____ educational. I can learn what’s going on around the world. 24..Please ______ the time of the trains on computer. A. look for B. find C. find out
25. Mr Wang wrote a ______ story. Most of us enjoyed it a lot.
A. two- thousand- words
C. two- thousands- word
A. sits B. sitting B. two – thousand- word D. two- thousands- words C. to sit D. to sitting D. making of 26. —Would you mind my here? —No, not at all.
27. —Mom, can I play basketball?
—Not now. When you finish your homework, you can do______ you want to do.
A. where B. how C. what D. when
28. — I don’t feel well these days. What can I do?
—you’ll become healthier.
A. every day, or B. everyday, and
C. everyday, or
— Really? Great!
A. is there B. there is going to have
D. is going to there
B. lived, choose which one
D. live, which one
C. two less D. less two
C. the lowest D. cheap
C. any boys D. all the boys C. there is going to be D. every day, and 29. —Do you know ______a basketball game this afternoon? 30. We have two rooms _______, but I can’t decide . A to live, to choose which one C. to live in, which one to choose A. more two A. very low B. two more 31. Our group needs ______ basketball players to practice basketball after school. 32. This dictionary is pretty cheap. The price of it is ______of the three. B. the cheapest 33. Jim studies harder than ______in his class. A. any other boy B. any boy
34. I think there will be ______ people and pollution in the future.
A. less, few B. more, fewer C. more, less D. few, more
35. —Would you like some tea?
A. Yes, I would.
C. Yes, I’d like to. B. Yes, I do. D. Yes, I’d like.
Ⅶ. 完形填空 （共10小题，每小题1分，满分10分)
Many people like to search the Internet. Exploring the Internet is one of the most important activities of the day. The Internet ’s homes. Some people say the world is smaller than before because of the Internet.
What’s going on in countries? How do people live in places far away? Is there a good sports game somewhere? What’s the life like in the deepest part of the sea? you want to answer all these questions, reading or listening to the radio. But with the Internet they can learn better and more easily. A lot of can be collected at great speed.
Can we go shopping without leaving ? Can we see a doctor without going
to hospital? Can we without going to school? Can we draw (提取) money without going to a bank? All these things become quite . The Internet helps us open our minds. The Internet often gives us new ideas. In a word, it helps us in many . Great changes have taken place in our life since the use of the Internet.
36. A. takes B. brings
38. A. If
39. A. only
40. A. about C. gives D. helps D. poor 37. A. another B. rich C. other B. Whether C. Because D. Though B. on C. at D. through
D. quick B. and C. just D. also 41. A. things B. messages C. information D. letters 42. A. homes B. schools C. shops 43. A. read B. play
45. A. roads
Bruce: I hope to be a good teacher.
Bruce: Of course, teachers can’t be rich, but it will be fun and I will be happy with my
students. What about you?
Bruce: It’s nice to be a doctor. Doctors are rich.
John: But I really want to help the people who are sick.
Bruce: That’s good! Alice, are you going to be a doctor, too?
Bruce: It’s wonderful!
John: Lawyers are helpful and rich.
Bruce: Let’s work hard for our dreams. C. study D. write 44. A. impossible B. possible C. interesting B. ways C. kinds D. places
51.Cola and chocolate are bad for our health(变同义句)
Cola and chocolate ______ ______ for our health. 对划线部分提问)
______ ______ do many students play basketball?
53. They had a good time last Sunday.(变一般疑问句)
______ they ______ a good time last Sunday?
54. I think. He isn’t right(合并为一句)
I______ ______ ______ ______ right.
55. That boy doesn’t work as hard as you. (同义句)
You work ______ ______ that boy
Robots seem very new to most people. But they have a long history. The first one was made by a Greek(希腊人的) inventor in the 1920s. You may have seen robots in some films. The robots in these films are stronger, faster and cleverer than people. In real life, most robots are used in factories. They are used to do many dangerous, difficult or boring jobs. Some people can’t look after themselves and robots are used to help. For example, some people can’t see. Many of these people use a dog to help to help them. In the future, robot dogs might take the place of these guide dogs.
One kind of robot guide dog has wheels. It moves in front of the owner. It is very clever. It knows the speed of its owner’s walk. The owner wears a special belt(带子). This belt sends instructions to the owner from the dog, such as ―Stop here‖, ―Turn left‖ or ―Turn right‖.
In the United States, another kind of robot helps disabled people to take care of themselves in their daily life. The robot hears the sound of its owner’s voice. It follows instructions such as ―Turn the page‖ or ―Make a cup of coffee‖.
Robots are also used in American hospitals. At one hospital a robot take meals from the kitchen to the sick people’s rooms. It never loses its way because it has a map of the hospital in its computer memory.
In the future, robots will work in space. But robots will never take the place of human beings. They can, however, help us in a lot of different ways.
56. From the passage, we can know that robots
A. can be dangerous animals
C. mostly work on the farm
A. 机器狗 B. 幸运儿
B. were invented long, long ago D. can help the people who can’t see C. 导盲犬 D. 旅游狗 57. The underlined phrase" a guide dog" means ―. 58. Some disabled people need the robot’s help to . A. take care of themselves C. become scientists B. talk to other people D. do dangerous jobs
59. Robots can’t get lost in hospital, because _______.
A. they walk after the doctors
B. they ask the people when they don’t know the way
C. they take a map of the hospital in their hands
D. their computer memory can tell the way
60. In the future, robots
A. will work in different important fields
B. will take the place of human
C. can do everything
D. can’t do something as bad people tell them
The famous scientist and thinker, Charles Darwin, was born on February 12, 1809. As a boy, Charles liked to go for walks in the fields and forests. He enjoyed watching nature, and comparing what he saw with everything he had read in science books. He also liked collecting very much. He collected many things, like birds, eggs, stones and leaves.
At sixteen Darwin was sent to Edinburgh University to become a doctor. But he was interested in the history of nature.
Then he was sent to study in Cambridge University. There he studied until 1831. Some time later he heard that the ship Beagle was going on a trip to South America and wanted a scientist. His teacher advised(建议) him to go. So when the Beagle left England in December, 1831, Darwin was on it.
The trip lasted almost five years. Darwin saw many new plants and animals. He collected all kinds of plants.
In 1842 Darwin went to live in Kent, and there he continued his studies of change in nature. Darwin understood that plants and animals are not always the same, and that they really change.
By 1859, Darwin had finished his famous book The Origin of Species(《物种起源》).
In 1871 Darwin wrote another important book.
Darwin continued his studies in science until he died in 1882.
61. Where was Darwin born?
A. In Germany. B. In France. C. In England. D. In America.
62. What kind of books did Darwin like reading when he was a boy?
A. Science books. B. Chemistry books.
C. History books.
A. A tourist. D. Medical books. B. A doctor. C. A waiter. D. A scientist. 63.What did Darwin work as on the ship Beagle?
64. Which book was written by Darwin in 1871?
A. The Origin of Species. B. The Theory of Relativity.
C. We don’t know. D. Science Books.
C. 1809 D. 1842
66. If you like _______ , you will be interested in the ad.
A. watching the movies B. watching TV
65. Darwin died in A. 1882 B. 1859
C. reading the books D. swimming
67. When is Music Hour?
A. It’s 6:00 p. m. on Saturday. B. It’s 8:00 p. m. on Saturday.
C. It’s 9:00 p. m. on Saturday.
A. Nature Watch
C. The World Today D. It’s 10:00 p. m. on Saturday. 68. If you like elephants, you will like the TV program, _______. B. Happy Times D. Sports on Sunday Morning
C. the pets D. the football match 69. If you want to know _______ , you can watch The Weather Report. A. the weather B. the cartoon
A. three B. four 70. There are TV programs in the ad. C. six D. seven
Ⅺ. 根据首字母及汉语提示，完成下列单词的拼写，使句意明确，语言通顺。 （共5小题，每小题1分，满分5分)
71. He often practices__________ (play) the piano.
72. There are three _______ (差别) between the two pictures.
73. __________（也许）Bob can pass the English exam.
74. Do it c__________ and then you’ll be OK.
75. Can you take this problem s__________.
Safety is very important to everyone.___