Unit 2 I was trying to pick it up when it bit me again.
按要求句型转换： Mary was riding a bike at that time. 否定句： Mary ____ ____ riding a bike at that time. was not _______ 一般疑问句： _____Mary _______a bike at that time? Was riding 肯定/ 否定回答： Yes, she was./ No, she was not. __________________________________ 就划线部分提问： _____ ____ _____ What was Mary doing at that time?
Jim was reading ______ (when/ while) the teacher came in. 当老师进来的时候，吉姆正在读书。 Jim was reading _______(when/ while) Kate was watching TV. 在凯特正在看电视的同时，吉姆正在读书。 Jim came in _______(when/ while ) Kate was watching TV. 在凯特正在看电视的时候，吉姆进来了。
1. The key words and expressions: climb, hide, throw, fridge, pain, worse, medicine climb out/up pick it up get worse as soon as 2. Key structure: (时间状语从句) (1). I was trying to pick it up when it bit me again. (2). When Henry was working in a restaurant, a snake suddenly appeared and bit his hand. (3). While the snake was lying on the table, Henry quickly picked up his mobile phone and took a photo with it. (4). As the doctors were checking him, the pain got worse. 3. Ability: To understand the main idea of the passage. To understand the sequence of events.(事情的进展) To find specific information in the reading passage.
Words and expressions
咬；叮 v. ( bit 过) 爬；攀爬 v.
bite climb hide throw fridge pain worse medicine
/kla?m / /θr?? /
/ha?d / 躲；躲藏 v. ( hid 过)
扔；掷 v. ( threw 过) 冰箱 n. 痛；疼痛 n. 更糟的 adj. 更糟 adv. 药；药物 n.
take some medicine 吃药
in pain 疼痛 climb out / up 爬出来 / 向上爬= 攀登 get worse 转坏，变得更糟糕 take some medicine 吃药
What can you use a mobile phone to do?
Talk about what you can use a mobile phone to do.
I can use a mobile phone use… to do sth. to make phone calls. 用……来干某事 to send text messages. to send emails. Do you think a mobile phone to take photos. can save your life? to take video. to wake me up (alarm clock). to tell the time. to go online. save one’ life 救命 to read novels.
2 Look at the picture.
And say what is happening…
In the kitchen. 1. Where was the man? 2. What was he doing at that time? He was taking a photo. 3. What can you find in the kitchen? A snake. 4. How do you feel about the snake? Why? I am afraid of snake. Because it will bite me.
Read the passage and check your answer to Activity 2.
One day, when Henry was a snake suddenly appeared and bit his hand. A few days earlier, the snake arrived from Asia in a box of ba
nanas. It climbed out and hid somewhere. “I was trying to pick it up when it bit me again. I threw it across the kitchen, and it landed on a table.” While the snake was lying on the table, Henry quickly picked up his mobile phone and took a photo with it. Then the snake hid behind the fridge.
pick up 在这里是捡起； 拾起的意思。 working pickaup 还有取走；接 in restaurant, 走；染上疾病的意思。
When Henry was trying to find the snake, his hand began to hurt badly. He hurried to hospital. As the doctors were checking him, the pain got worse. But they could not help him because they did not know what kind of snake bit him. As he was lying there in great pain, Henry suddenly remembered the photo. The doctors sent the photo of a zoo. As soon as they learnt what kind of snake bit him, they gave Henry the right medicine, and he left hospital the next day. “So if a snake bites you, take out your mobile phone or camera. Take its photo, and show the photo to the doctors,” suggests Henry. “ But as you know, the snake won’t smile!” 但你知道，蛇可不会笑！
1. What happened to Henry? (Paragraph 1.) A snake bit him. 2. Where did the snake arrive from? (Paragraph 2.) It arrived from Asia in a box of bananas. 3. Why the snake bit him again? (Paragraph 3.) Because he was trying to pick it up. 4. While the snake was lying on the table, Henry picked ___ quickly ______ up his mobile phone and _____ a photo with it. (Paragraph 4.) took
5. Could the doctors help Henry first? Why? (Paragraph 5.) No. because they did nor know what kind of snake bit him. 6. When did Henry leave the hospital? (Paragraph 6.) The next day. 7. What is Henry’s suggestion? (Paragraph 7.) So if a snake bites you, take out your mobile phone or camera. Take its photo, and show the photo to the doctors.
4 Then choose the correct answer. b 1 The snake bit Henry again when a) he was throwing it across the chicken b) he was trying to pick it up c) it was climbing out of a box
2 When Henry was trying to find the snake a) he could take a photo b) the snake became cool c) his hand began to hurt badly .
a 3 Henry hurried to hospital because______. a) his hand was hurting b) he had a photo of the snake c) the doctors called him on his mobile phone 4 The doctors gave Henry the right medicine a after______ . a) they knew what kind of snake bit him b) they saw the snake in the photo c) he left hospital the next day
5 Complete the passage with the correct form of the words in the box.
climb hide hurt medicine pain throw
hid A snake climbedout of a box of bananas and ______ somewhere. When Henry was working, the snake bit threw him. He _______ the snake on a table and took its photo. When he was trying to find the snake, his hand pain began to _______ badly. At the hospital the _______ hurt got worse. The doctors sent the photo to a zoo. After they found out what kind of snake bit him, they gave him the right medicine _______.
1. It climbe
d out and hid somewhere. climb out 表示“爬出来”。 climb out of …表示“从…爬出来”。 e.g. The cat couldn’t climb out of the hole. 那只猫没法从洞里 爬出来。 climb up 向上爬，攀登 Don’t climb up the tree, it’s very dangerous.
2. I was trying to pick it up when it bit me again. be doing …when …表示一个动作正在进行的 时候另一个动作突然发生了。 此句强调“蛇又咬了我一口”这个动作。 e.g. They were working in the fields when it began to rain. 他们正在田里干活儿，突然下起雨了。 I was doing my homework when he hit me on my back. 我正在做作业，突然他打了我后背一下。
pick sth. up表示“捡起某物”，代词要放在 中间。 pick sb. up 表示“接某人”。 e.g. He picked up his knife and fork. 他捡起了刀叉。 The next morning, my mum came to pick me up. 第二天早上, 妈妈来接我。
3. I threw it across the kitchen, and it landed on a table. across是介词，在本句的意思是“从……的 一边到另一边”， across还可以表示“对面， 穿过”等。 e.g. The children ran across the street in front of our car. 这些孩子在我们的 汽车前横冲过马路。 My best friend lives across the road. 我最好的朋友住在马路对面。
4. While the snake was lying on the table, Henry quickly picked up his mobile phone and took a photo with it. while引导的时间状语从句用进行时。 当主句的时态是现在时，while引导的从句用 现在进行时; 当主句的时态是过去时，while 引导的从句用过去进行时。 e.g. While the boy was reading the book he found a secret. 男孩读书的时 侯，他发现了一个秘密。
5. As the doctors were checking him, the pain get worse. 句中的as表示“当…的时候”，用来引导时 间状语从句。 get worse表示“变得更糟”。 worse是bad的比较级，worst是最高级。 e.g. As time goes by, my memory seems to get worse. 随着时间的流逝，我 的记忆力似乎越来越差。 It was very cold yesterday. But it is getting worse today.
6. As he was lying there in great pain, … in pain表示“疼痛” in great pain表示“极其疼痛”
While, when, as 引导的时间状语从句。 重点短语: bite one’s hand pick up get worse in great pain give sb. the right medicine
1. when既指时间点，也可指一段时间。 因此when在状语从句中的动词可以终止性动词， 也可以是延续性动词 while只指一段时间。 while从句中的动词必须是延续性动词。 2. when说明从句的动作和主句的动作可以是同时， 也可以是先后发生； while 则强调主句的动作在从句动作的发生的过程中 或主从句两个动作同时发生。
3. when引导的时间状语从句。后用一般过去时。 While后面一般用过去进行时。 如果从句和主句的动作同时发生，两句都用过去
进行时的时候，多用while引导，如： a. When the teacher came in, we were talking. =While we were talking, the teacher came in. b. They were singing while we were dancing.
1. I ______ cooked a meal when you _____ me. B a. cooked, were ringing b. was cooking, rang c. was cooking, were ringing d. cooked, rang 2. He said he _____ to draw a plane on the blackboard C at that time. a. tries b. tried c. was trying d. will try
D 3. While she ______ TV, she ______ a sound outside the room. a. was watching, was hearing b. watched, was hearing c. watched, heard d. was watching, heard 5. What book ____ you ______ when I ____ you at C four yesterday afternoon? a. did, read, was seeing b. did, read, saw c. were, reading, saw d. were, reading,
When I ____(leave), he __________(draw) a map of the world. 2. --当你看见他们的时候他们在干什么？ --他们在打扫教室。 --What were they doing when you ____(see) them? --They ____________(clean) the classroom. 3. 那时二班的学生没在操场上踢足球，他们在打篮球。 At that time the Class Two students ___________ (not play) football in the playground. They were playing basketball. 4.老师走进教室的时候，学生们正在谈论当天的新闻。 When the teacher _____(come) into the classroom, the students __________(talk) about that day’s news.
1. I _________(read) a story book when he ______ (call) me yesterday. 2. I was walking alone in the street when a car suddenly _______(appear) and ____(bit) me. 3. ______ (when/ while) we were listening to the teacher, he _______ (sleep). 4. --- What ___ he ____ (do) at this time last week? --- He _________(play) the guitar. 5. A dog ______(bite) me on my leg. When I was trying to catch the dog, my leg got _______(bad). 6. I was going shopping when you ____(see) me yesterday. 7. I ______(hear) somebody knock the door when I was watching TV at home last night.
注: word 文档 点击此处链接
一、根据句意及首字母提示，写出相应的 单词。 1. I was walking along the street suddenly a dog appeared and bit me. b__ climb 2. The children always like to c_______ trees. 3. --- Quick! She’s coming --- We’d better h___! hide 4. Someone threw a stone(石头) at the car. t_____
5. You keep more food and drink in the f______. fridge 6. Take these medicine if you’re in p___. pain 7. The weather got w____ than last year. worse 8. His leg hurt badly and the doctor gave medicine some m________ to him.
二、根据汉语提示完成下列句子，每空 一词。 1. 前几天我发现了许多游戏。 I found many games a few days earlier __ ___ ____ ____. 2. 那只猫掉进洞里，爬不出来。 The cat fell into the hole and couldn't ____ out of climb___ __ it.
3. 电话响起，我拿起了话筒。 picked it up The phone rang and I ___________. 4. 让我们拍一张酒店的照片。 take a photo Let’s ____
________ of the hotel.
1. The girl ____ a kite when I was riding a B bike in the ground. A. flying B. was flying C. is flying 2. The car came out suddenly ____ I was B walking. A. so B. while C. but
3. The children ran _____ the street to A catch the early bus. A. across B. cross C. through 4. The policeman was hurt in _____, so A he was sent to hospital at once. A. pain B. medicine C. plate
1. —What were you doing this time yesterday? —I ____ on the grass and drawing a D picture. 【2011北京】 A. sit B. sat C. am sitting D. was sitting
2. While I _____ TV, the bell rang. 【2011 D 广西北海】 A. watch B. watched C. am watching D. was watching 3. —Why didn’t you answer my telephone yesterday? —Sorry. I ____ a bath. 【2011山东 D 淄博】 A. took B. take C. am taking D. was taking
working in the kitchen picked up
came from, hid appeared, bit somewhere
took a photo
One day… Suddenly…A few days earlier… quickly… Soon…Then…Finally…
hurried to hospital
showed … to … saved his life
假设你就是图中的孩子。 请你根据图画内容以及 英语提示词写一篇短文， 写出你一次猫咬的经历。
walk to school a wild cat suddenly appear catch(抓)—— caught arm hurt badly hurry to… see a doctor give me some medicine
walk to school, appear, be frightened(害怕的), run away quickly, run quickly after the boy too, suddenly, bite… on his leg, cry and call “help” hurry to hospital medicine
saw a man robbing (抢劫) Tom, called the police, saved his life
One day I was walking alone in the city, It was late at night , I hold on my mobile phone. Suddenly…
The doctor gave me an injection and some medicine.