新 版 深 圳 广 州 沈 阳 牛 津 版 八 年 级 英 语 上
Unit 6 Ancient stories知识点讲解及语法练习
1.difference n. 差别 different adj. 不同的
2.succeed v 达到目的；实现目标succeed in doing sth
success n 成功 successful adj成功的
3.wood n 木头 wooden adj
4.lucky adj unlucky adj luck n
5.Greek n 希腊人 adj 希腊的 Greece 希腊
6.sleep v asleep adj.
7.sudden adj.突然的 suddenly adv.突然地
8.open v 打开 adj. 开着的 close v.关上 closed adj. 关着的
9.quiet adj. 安静地 quietly adv
10.punish v 处罚 punishment n
huge= very big stupid= foolish=not clever
make jokes about= make fun of =laugh at
be full of = be filled with except= not including
in the end= at last enter= go into
empty= have no people in it
give up 放弃 give out 颁发 give in 屈服
leave left left
（1）遗留；留下 I?ve left my umbrella on the bus. 我把伞忘在公交车上。
（2）离开When did you leave London?你什么时候离开伦敦的？
（3）leave for 到......地方去 I?m leaving for Beijing next month.下个月我要去北京。
（4）放置；听任 Leave him alone.别管他
（5）作名词 许可，准假 a three week?s leave 三周假 He went home on leave.他请假回家了。
make jokes about 拿......开玩笑 You shouldn?t make jokes about the poor girl.
have a joke with sb.与某人一起说笑话
play a joke on sb 戏弄某人=make fun of= laugh at
tell jokes 讲笑话
（2）Greek n 希腊人 adj 希腊的 Greece 希腊
3. I haven?t laughed like this（1）since+时间点= for+一段时间
e.g. He has lived in Shenzhen since 2010.=He has lived in Shenzhen for 3 years.
（2）Childhood 童年 child 孩子 children 复数
（1）go to sleep= go to bed
（3）sleepy 欲睡的 困乏的She was still tired and sleepy when he woke her.他叫醒她的时候，她仍然又累又困。
（1）by 介词 当（某时候）到了，到（某时）之前，不晚于
e.g.They were tired out by evening.到晚上时，他们疲倦极了。
e.g.Match them with the correct countries by writing the letters in the brackets.
（2）except for 除.......之外，只是
e.g.The room is tidy except for the carpet.除地毯外，房间很干净
辨析】except; except for; besides
e.g.He gets up early every day except Sunday.除了星期天外，他每天都早起。
except for “除......之外”，它后面的宾语一般为句子里所涉及的内容并非同类事物或行为
e.g.The story is well written except for a few spelling mistakes.除了几个拼写错误外，这个故事写
e.g.We all went swimming besides him.除了他以外，我们也都去游泳了。
be full of= be filled with
e.g.The glass is filled with milk.= The glass is full of milk.
（1）one by one 一个接着一个 step by step一步步
（1）succeed in doing sth = do sth successfully成功地做了某事
（2）success 不可数名词 “成功 成就”
e.g.Both plans have been tried without success.两个计划都已试过，但未获成功
e.g.The plan was a great success.这项计划极为成功。
（3）successful adj 成功的a successful teacher 一个成功的老师
Because they need (1)作实义动词
A. need sth.
need最常见的用法之一，其后的宾语可以是名词或代词。We need a great deal of money now. 我们需要和多钱。
B. need doing 与 need to be done
The door needs painting. = The door needs to be painted. 那扇门需要油漆一下。
C. need to do sth.
作为实义动词，need后面需要接带to的动词不定式,表示有义务或责任去做某事。如： What do we need to take for the picnic? 野餐我们需要带些什么？
You need to take good care of your mother. 你要好好照料你妈妈。
Need I type this letter again? 我需要重新录入将这封信吗？
There is enough time. You needn?t hurry. 有的是时间，你不必着急。
---Must I hand in my homework now? 现在我必须交作业吗？
---No, you needn?t. 不，你不必。
1. 将...表演出来2. 拿...开玩笑3. 除...之外4. 大量的;许多的
1. understand v.理解
I what you said.(understand)
what you are talking.(understand)
each other is necessary.(understand)
2.difference n.差别 不可数
(2) A is different from B A与B不一样
There are much difference between A and B.
The apple is different from the pear.
There is between us.
We are happy,except you.
(3) rob sb of sth 偷某人某物
She me a bag last night.
(2) Punish sb
Dear dady,don,t 你已经惩罚我三次了.
me for three times.
1. act out 将...表演出来
Actors should 表现出你自己就很好了.
yourself is OK.
2.make jokes about 拿...开玩笑
the others is impolite behavior.
3.except for 除...之外
The article is good
4.be full of 有大量
5.in the end 在最后
反义词:at the beginning 开始
We won 开始的时候很努力,在最后却放弃了.
,but give up
6.come on 加油!
,you are the NO.1.
21. Look out! The cup is ________ hot water.
A. full of B. fill with C. full D. fill
22. —Where is Mrs Smith? [来源:学科网ZXXK]
—She isn?t here. She ________ to England.
A. has gone B. has been C. went D. goes
23. By the time of last year, she ________ the piano for five years.
A. learnt` B. has learnt C. had learnt D. will learn
24. It?s hard ________ his strange idea.
A. understand B. understanding C. understood
25. I?ve found your watch. You ________ it on my desk yesterday.
A. left B. have left C. forgot D. have forgotten D. to understand
26. They have gone to Beijing for a meeting. They will be back ________.
A. after a few weeks
for a few weeks
27. —The box is too heavy to carry. What?s in it?
—Oh, it is ________ books.
A. filled with B. covered with C. used for D. asked for B. in a few week?s time C. in a few weeks? time D.
28. Can you say the answers ________ the questions?
A. of B. to C. on D. for
29. The people in Ya?an have met lots of difficulties, but they haven?t ________ hope.
A. picked up B. given up C. looked for D. waited for
30. You used to be quiet, ________ you?
A. used B. did C. didn?t D. are
31. —I?m feeling terrible these days.
—I have so much homework to do that I can?t find enough time to play soccer.
A. Do you feel sad?
32. My family live in a house ________ green trees around it.
A. with B. in C. for D. among B. What's your opinion? C. Are you ill? D. What's the
33. My life ________ a lot in the last five years.
A. have changed
34. —How long have you ________ the basketball team of the school?
—For about two years.
A. been on B. been C. joined D. played[来源:Zxxk.Com] B. has changed C. changed D. will change[来源:学*科*网
35. —How about going shopping on Sunday?
A. Yes, I will B. Thank you C. That?s a good idea D. Yes, please
二、完形填空（每小题1分，满分10分） Money makes the world go around. That?s 36 business people think. They spend their days thinking about ways to get 37 money. To make money, business people always try their best. A business may be as 38 as one woman selling her homemade cookies. Or it can be a large one with hundreds or even thousands of people 39 for it. But anyway, business is business.
You?ll find business people are doing different things. Every business has a head. The job of business head takes hours. Sometimes, he has to work on Saturdays and travel a lot. Many of his days are in meetings.
Business people who work in a large business must have for many years. However, 8
that is not enough, they also must know how to tell other people what to do, how to decide things, how to work out problems, and how to talk with other people.
Many people go in business they want a lot of money. Anyone can give it a try and see how well they can do in business. But only those who work hard and have good can make money.
36. A. who
37. A. dirtier
38. A. small B. what B. cleaner B. important C. that C. more D. whether D. less D. popular
D. working C. interesting 39. A. keeping
40. A. cheap
41. A. given
42. A. studied
43. A. easy
44. A. if B. protecting C. waiting B. expensive B. divided B. taught C. long C. long D. short D. spent D. dreamt C. thought B. difficult B. because
B. power C. possible C. until D. impossible D. while D. age 45. A. time C. luck
One day Jack?s wife was cleaning out a closet（壁橱）. “Look at all these umbrellas,” she said to Jack. “There are eight and they are all broken.” “I?ll take them to the umbrella shop and have them mended,” Jack said. Jack took the eight umbrellas to the shop and left them there. “They?ll be ready tomorrow,” the shopkeeper said.
That evening Jack went home from the office by bus as usual. He sat next to an old woman. She had an umbrella on the floor near her. When the bus reached his stop, he picked up her umbrella and stood up. “Hey!” the woman said. “That?s my umbrella!”
“I?m sorry,” Jack said, and at the same time he gave the umbrella to her. “I wasn?t thinking. Please excuse me.”
The next day he got back the umbrellas from the umbrella shop and got on the bus. As he sat down, a voice behind him said, “You certainly have a successful day!” He turned around and saw the woman whose umbrella had almost been taken by him the day before.
46. Jack?s wife found umbrellas in the closet.
A. eight broken B. broken eight C. eight new D. new eight
47. had the broken umbrellas mended in the umbrella shop.
A. Jack?s wife B. Jack C. The shopkeeper D. The old woman
48. That evening the old woman?s umbrella was almost taken by .
A. the shopkeeper B. Jack?s wife C. Jack D. the driver
49. The next day Jack saw the woman
A. in the shop B. at home C. on the train D. on the bus
50. Which of the following is True?
A. Jack had an umbrella shop. B. The woman?s umbrella was Jack?s.
D. Jack bought eight umbrellas from the C. The woman thought Jack was a thief.
Today there are policemen everywhere, but in 1700, London had no policemen at all. A few old men used to protect the city streets at night and they were not paid.
About 300 years ago, London was starting to get bigger and more and more people began to live there. The city was very dirty and many people were poor. There were so many thieves who stole money in the streets that people stayed in their homes as much as possible.
In 1750, Henry Fielding started to pay a group of people to stop thieves. They were like policemen and were called “Bow Street Runners” because they worked near Bow Street.
Fifty years later, there were 120 “Bow Street Runners”, but London had become very big and needed more policemen. So in 1829, the first Metropolitan (or London) Police Force was started with 3,000 officers. Most of the men worked on foot, but a few rode horses. Until 1920 all the police in London were men.
Today, London police are quite well paid and for the few police officers who still ride horses, the pay is even better than for the others.
51. In 1700, the men who protected the streets were paid .
A. a few B. nothing C. a little D. a lot
52. About 300 years ago, many people
A. wanted to leave London
C. became policemen B. had big houses in London D. came to live in London
53. People didn?t leave their houses because .
A. they had no money B. they were afraid of losing money
C. the city was not clean D. they liked homes
54. The “Bow Street Runners” .
A. stopped people stealing
C. paid people to steal B. stole money D. stopped people riding horses
55. Today, police officers who ride horses are paid
A. the same as their workmates
B. more than their workmates D. less than their workmates C. half as much as their workmates
56. This is an a________ parable.
57. He is trying his best to u________ his meaning.
58. My husband has several shirts of d________ colors.
59. The teacher asked me to note down the m________ points of the speech.
60. We discovered a s________ passage behind the wall.
I used to come home and ________ ________ the movie for the kids.
They ________ ________ ________ the way I wear glasses.
The room was empty ________ ________ a broken wood chair.
After many years of hard work, he won the award ________ ________ ________.
________ ________ , let?s go inside the post office.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
21. A be full of/be filled with意为“充满……，装满……”。根据句意“当心！杯子里装满了热水”可知选A。
22. A 因为不在此处，所以用has gone to sp.，意为“去了某地还没回来”。
23. C 由by the time of last year可知用过去完成时，故选C项。句意：到去年为止，她学习钢琴已经五年了。
24. D 此题中it作形式主语，真正的主语是后面的动词不定式结构。
25. A 本题考查现在完成时和一般过去时的区别。首句虽然是现在完成时态，但第二句中的yesterday表明该句用一般过去时，故排除B、D两项；另外，表示“把某物忘在某地”用动词leave，而不用动词forget。
26. C “in+时间段”表示过多久以后某事要发生，是表示将来的时间状语。
27. A be filled with意为“装满……”；be covered with意为“用……覆盖”；be used for意为“被用来做……”；ask for意为“请求”。根据句意“这个箱子太重了”可知“它装满了书”。故选A。
28. B the answers to the questions中的介词要用to，此短语意为“这些问题的答案”。
29. B pick up意为“捡起”；give up意为“放弃”；look for意为“寻找”；wait for意为“等”。由but可知，前后为转折关系，再结合英语提示可知句意应为“雅安的人们遇到了许多困难，但是他们未放弃希望”。故选B。[来源:学科网ZXXK]
30. C 本题考查反意疑问句。根据“前肯后否”的原则，正确选项为C。
31. D What?s the matter?意为“怎么了？”，符合语境。
32. A with意为“带有”。句意：我家住在一个周围有绿树的房子里。
33. B 由时间状语in the last five years知用现在完成时。又因主语my life为单数形式，故选B项。
34. A 此题应用现在完成时，表示在某队里打球应用介词on；join为非延续性动词，不能与表示一段时间的状语连用。
35. C That?s a good idea.用来表示赞成对方的建议。
36. B 此处what作think的宾语。
37. C get more money意为“获得更多的钱”。
38. A small与后面的large相对应。
39. D work for it（business）意为“为公司工作”。
40. C 由后面的work on Saturdays可知答案。
41. D 由前面的days可知用spend。
42. A 由下一句可知答案。
43. B difficult problems意为“难题”。
44. B 许多人会下海经商，因为他们想要很多的钱。
45. C good luck意为“好运”。
46. A 由第一段中的“There are eight and they are all broken.”可知答案。
47. B 由第一段中的“I?ll take them to the umbrella shop and have them mended,”Jack said.可知答案。
48. C 由第二段中的When the bus reached his stop, he picked up her umbrella and stood up. “Hey!” the woman said. “That?s my umbrella!”可知答案。
49. D 由第四段中的The next day he got back the umbrellas from the umbrella shop and got on the bus...可知答案。
50. C 由第四段中的“You certainly have a successful day!”He turned around and saw the woman whose umbrella had almost been taken by him the day before.可知，杰克因为差点错拿了那位老妇人的伞而被她误以为是小偷。
51. B 由第一段中的“A few old men used to protect the city streets at night and they were not paid.”可知答案。
52. D 由第二段中的“About 300 years ago, London was starting to get bigger and more and more people began to live there.”可知答案。
53. B 由第二段中的“There were so many thieves who stole money in the streets that people stayed in their homes as much as possible.”可知答案。
54. A 由第三段中的“In 1750, Henry Fielding started to pay a group of people to stop thieves. They were like policemen and were called ?Bow Street Runners?...”可知答案。
55. B 由最后一段“Today, London police are quite well paid and for the few police officers who still ride horses, the pay is even better than for the others.”可知答案。
56. ancient 57. understand 58. different 59. main 60. secret
61. act out 62. make jokes about 63. except for 64. in the end 65. Come on
66. ability 67. However 68. included 69. Nobody 70. suddenly
One possible version:
Most of us cannot enjoy ourselves without friends, but, when reading, we can have fun on our own. While sitting alone in our houses we can travel around the whole world, and we can know thousands of things. Today, we can communicate with those who lived thousands of years ago. We can become friends of clever men. Only books give us this happiness. Those who cannot enjoy books are poor people. Those who enjoy reading books can get a great deal of happiness.