Did you enjoy your last weekend? Was it interesting? What did you do on the last weekend?
Work in pairs and ask your partners what they usually do on weekends.
go to the movies
1a Look at the picture. Make a
list of the weekend activities.
1. help with __________ __________ housework
2. watch TV __________
3. exercise __________
4. read a book __________
5. go shopping __________
I often play soccer.
What do you do on weekends?
What does Alice do on weekends?
She often helps with housework.
?always意为 “总是”, 表示动作的重复或状态的 延续。 ?usually意为 “通常”, 表示很少有例外。 ?often意为 “经常”, 表示动作的重复, 但不如 usually那么频繁, 中间有间断。 ?sometimes意为 “有时”, 表示动作偶尔发生。 ?hardly意为 “几乎不”, 常和ever连用表示强调。 ?never意为 “从未”。
提示：频率副词在句中的位置是：实义 动词之前, be动词或助动词之后。
e.g. It’s always interesting to watch other people show their talents. Why do people usually make resolutions? When we watch movies about the future, we sometimes see robots. They hardly ever watch TV.
Listen and write the activities 1b next to the correct frequency words.
1. always _____________ exercise, read 2. usually ________________ watch TV 3. often ____________________ help with housework 4. sometimes ______________ go shopping 5. hardly ever watch TV _____________ 6. never ______________ go shopping
What do you do on weekends?
Practice the conversation in the 1c picture above. Then make your own conversations about what you do on weekends. I usually
Do you go shopping?
No, I never go shopping.
What does she do on weekends?
Does she go to cinema?
What does he do on weekends?
Does he use the Internet?
What do they do on weekends?
100% ≥ 80%
I always play the guitar on weekends. I usually play the guitar on weekends. I sometimes play the guitar on weekends.
I sometimes exercise on weekends. I hardly ever exercise on weekends. I never exercise on weekends.
twice a day 一天两次
Listen. Cheng Tao is talking about how often he does these activities. Number the activities [1-5] in the order you hear them.
____ a. go to the movies 3 ____ b. watch TV 1 ____ c. shop 5
____ d. exercise 4
____ e. read 2
2b Listen again. Match the activities in 2a
with how often Cheng Tao does them.
Activities a. go to the movies b. watch TV c. shop
How often every day
once a week twice a week
three times a week
d. exercise e. read
once a month twice a month
How often do you do these activities? Fill in the
chart and then make conversations.
Activities watch TV
every day twice a week four times a week once a month
use the Internet
read English books go to the movies
How often do you watch TV? What’s your favorite program? How often do you watch it?
I watch TV every day.
Twice a week.
How often do you use the Internet?
I use the Internet …
What’s your favorite website?
How often do you read English books? What’s your favorite book?
How often do you read it?
I read English books…
How often do you…?
Read the conversation and 2d match the activity with the right time. Wednesday dance lesson and Friday
piano lesson play tennis Tuesday
Hi, Claire, …
1. hardly只用作副词，其意思是“几乎 不”，表示否定概念。 e.g. He can hardly speak English. 他不太会说英语。 hardly ever 几乎从不 e.g. Peter is hardly ever late. 彼得几乎不迟到。
hard也用副词，意为“努力地、刻苦 地”，“猛烈地” 。 e.g. He works hard only before exams. 他只在考试前努力学习。
2. once , twice, three times等次数的表达 法。 1) 这三个词都表示____，once是____， 次数 twice是____，除了一次，两次，其他 一次 两次 的次数都表达 ___________。 times 数字 + 如：三次是__________，五次是 three times _________。 five times
2) 这些表次数的词后与一段时间连用， 表示动作多长时间发生几次，即动作 的______。 频率 3) 翻译： once two weeks 两周一次 ________________ once a year 一年两次 ________________ 一个月两次 ________________ twice a month
1. 去看电影 go to the movies _________________ 2. 运动 _________________ exercise 3. 看电视 watch TV _________________ 4. 读英语书 read English books _________________ 5. 上网 _________________ use the Internet 6. 购物 _________________ shop 7. 多久一次 how often _________________ 8. every day 每天 _________________
一周一次 9. once a week ____________ 10. twice a week ____________ 一周两次 11. three times a week 一周三次 ____________ 12. three or four times a week _____________ 一周三到四次 13. once a month _____________ 一个月一次 一个月两次 14. twice a month _____________
翻译： 1. 周末你通常做什么事情？我通常 踢足球。 2. 周末他们通常做什么事情？他们 经常去看电影。