What do you usually do on weekends?
I usually help my parents.
What do you usually do on weekends? my parents. I usually help
prepare for an exam
meet my friends
Words and expressions prepare exam flu available v.使做好准备；把……准备好 n.考试
prepare for 为……做准备
another time 其他时间；别的时间
根据箭头指向的汉语说出英 语短语。 play basketball 准备考 试 have the flu 去音乐 去看病 会 play the piano 去见 go to the doctor 弹钢琴 朋友 help my parents go to the concert 打篮球 得了流 prepare for a test 帮父母 感 meet my friend
A: Can you come to my party? B: Sure, I’d love to.
Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
A: Can you play basketball with us? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
study for a test
A: Can you … ?
B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
go to the doctor
A: Can you …? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
visit my friend
go to the concert
1a Match the phrases with the pictures (a-e).
1. prepare for an exam ______ a e 2. help my parents ______
3. go to the doctor 4. meet my friend 5. have the flu
______ d ______ b ______ c
1b Listen and write the names
(Tim, Kay, Anna and Wilson) next to the correct students
in the picture.
You are the students in the picture. Student A, invite three students to your party. Student B, C and D, give answers.
Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon?
Sure, I’d love to.
Sorry, I can’t. I have to prepare for an exam.
I’m sorry, too. I must go to the doctor.
Listen and circle 2a can or can’t.
1. Jeff (can / can’t ) go to the party. 2. Mary (can / can’t) go to the party. 3. May (can / can’t) go to the party. 4. Mei Ling (can / can’t) go to the party. 5. Paul (can / can’t) go to the party.
2b Listen again. Who can’t go to the
party? Why? Complete the chart. Names Jeff May Reasons meet his friend on Saturday has the flu
Mei Ling study for a math test
Look at the reason in the chart in 2b. Write some more. Then, Student A, invite your partner to do something. Student B, say you can’t go and why.
1. too much homework 2. ____________________ 3. ____________________ 4. ____________________
Hey, Dave. Can you go to the movies on Saturday?
I’m sorry, I’m not available. I have too much homework this weekend.
That’s too bad. Maybe another time.
Sure, Joe. Thanks for asking.
Read the conversation and answer the questions.
1. What did they do last fall? ___________________________________ They went bike riding. 2. What does Nick have to do on Saturday?
Nick has to prepare for an exam. ___________________________________
3. When will they hang out?
On Monday night. ___________________________________
Role-play the conversation.
Jeff: Hey , Nick , can you come to my house on Saturday ? My cousin Sam from Xi'an is going to be there. Nick: Oh, Sam! I remember we went bike riding together
last fall where he visited you. Jeff: Yes, that's right . Nick: I'd love to come, but I'm afraid I can't. I have an exam on Monday so I must prepare for it . Jeff: That's really too bad ! Oh , but sam isn't leaving until next Wednesday . Can you hang out with us on Monday night ? Nick: Sure ! Catch you on Monday !
1. Sam isn’t leaving until next Wednesday. 在英语中，not … until …是一个常见句 型，表示“直到……才……‖。在口语 中，还可使用till代替until，构成not … until…结构。 e.g. Don’t leave today’s work till tomorrow. 不要把今天的事留到明天去做。 I didn’t go to bed last night until past midnight. 昨晚我过了午夜12点才睡。
2. Catch you on Monday! 礼拜一见！ 这是英语中道别的又一种说法，相当 于See you on Monday! 类似的说法还 有：Catch / See you later! (回头见！)
假设你将于这个周末过生日，并开一 个生日聚会，你邀请朋友们参加你的聚会， 但有几名同学因故不能来，请你将与他们 的对话用英语写出来。
教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 学习掌握下列词汇：invite, accept, refuse 2）进行一步复习巩固运用Section A 部分所学的生词和词组。
3）进一步学习运用所学的知识来表达邀请； 学会如何回答别人对自己的邀请，以及 学会如何有礼貌地拒绝他人的邀请， 并陈述理由。 4) 掌握情态动词can, must, have to, might的用法。
Words and expressions
Hey, Nick, can you come to my house on Saturday? …
Oh, Sam! I remember we went bike riding last fall when …
Can you play soccer tomorrow afternoon?
Sure. I’d love to.
I’m afraid not. I have the flu.
Can Kate go fishing tomorrow morning?
No, she can’t. She must prepare for the math exam.
Can Linda hang out on Saturday afternoon?
No, she’s not available. She has to help her mom.
Can Nick and Peter go hiking tomorrow?
No, they are not free. They might have to visit their grandparents.
Can you come to my party on Saturday ? Can you go to the movies tomorrow night ? Can he go to the party ? Can she go to the baseball game? Sure , I'd love to . Sorry, I must study for a math test. Sure. That sounds great. I'm afraid not. I have the flu. No, he can't . He has to help his parents. No, she's not available . She must go to the doctor.
Can they go to the movies ? No, they're not free. They might have to meet their friends .
根据课本内容，完成下列句子。 1. 星期六你能来我的聚会吗？ Can ____ you come to my party on Saturday? _____ 2. 当然，我乐意去。Sure. ____ ____ ___. I’d love to 3. 对不起，我必须为数学考试而学习。 must study for Sorry, I _____ ______ ____ a math test. 4. 明天晚上你能去看电影吗？ Can you ____ to the movies __________ go ____ tomorrow night?
5. 当然可以，听起来很棒。 _____,
that _______ _____. Sure sounds great 6. 恐怕不行，我得了流感。 afraid flu I’m ______ not. I have the ____. 7. 他能去聚会吗？ ____ he ___ to the party? Can go 8. 不能。他得帮助他的父母。 No, he _____. He _____ to help his parents. can’t has 9. 她能参加棒球比赛吗？ ____ she go to the baseball ______? Can game
10. 不，她没有空。她必须去看医生。 No, she’s ____ _________. She ______ not available must ___ to the _______. go doctor 11. 他们能去看电影吗？ ____ they ____ to the _______? Can go movies 12. 不，他们没有空。他们可能必须去见朋 友。 free might have No, they’re not ____. They _____ _____ ___ meet their ________. to friends
can 用于表示“________‖，如： 能，会 汤姆会骑马。___________________ Tom can ride a horse. Can you…? 表达 “____________‖， 邀请或建议 答语：同意用 Sure, I’d love to. _________________ 不同意用 Sorry, I can’t. I … __________________________ __________________________ 或 I’m afraid not. I have to … 如：恐怕不行，我要去探望我的姑姑。 I’m afraid not. I have to visit my aunt. __________________________________
1. invite v.
e.g. I’d like to invite you to dinner. 我想邀请你吃晚饭。
2. accept v. 接受
e.g. They didn’t accept his money. 他们没有接受他的钱。
3. refuse v. 拒绝 e.g. The girl refused his invitation. 女孩拒绝了他的邀请。
Complete the answers with might 3a and one of the phrases in the box.
watch TV, on the weekend, my cousin, visit my grandparents, practice the violin
1. A: What are you going to do on Saturday? watch TV B: I’m not sure. I might __________. 2. A: What are you planning to do after school? B: I don’t know. I might practice the violin ______________________.
3. A: When will you finish the science homework? I might finish it on the weekend B: ______________________________. 4. A: Who are you going to the movies with? B: __________________________. I might go with my cousin 5. A: Are you free to come to my place on Saturday? B: Sorry. I might visit my grandparents ________________________________.
Complete the sentences below. Use 3b the words in brackets to help you. Can you play tennis with us? 1. Inviting: ____________________________ (can/play tennis) Sure. I’d love to. Accepting: ________________________ Would you like to go to the movies? 2. Inviting: _____________________________ (would like to/go to the movies) Refusing: _____________________ I’m afraid I can’t. I might have to prepare for the math Reasons: ____________________________ exam. (might have to)
3. Inviting: ___________________________ Can you hang out with us tonight? (can/hang out with us tonight) Sorry. I can’t. Refusing: __________________________ Reason: I must help my mom at home. (must) _____________________ Would you like to come to my 4. Inviting: ___________________________ _____________________
_____ (would birthday party? like to / come to my birthday party) Sure. I’d love to. Accepting: _________________________
拒绝邀请应给出理由。 2. 按提示词，用Can you…?或Would you like …? 加上所做事项来询问。如果是拒 绝邀请，可以想一个适当理由来说明。
Write down everything you have to do next week. Choose a day and time to have a party. Then invite classmates to your party.
Invite your classmates to your party. See if they are available. Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon? Sure. I’d love to.
I’m sorry. I must practice the violin on Saturday afternoon.
I’m afraid not. I have the flu.
A: Hey, Bob. 1. ___________ B: I’m sorry. I have to help my parents. A: 2. ________. How about you, Ling Ling? Can you come to my party? L: 3. _________ A: On Saturday afternoon. L: Oh, no, I can’t. 4. ____________ A: That’s too bad. 5. _____________. L: Sure! Thanks for asking.
A. That’s too bad.
B. Can you come to my party? C. Are you going shopping with me? D. Maybe another time. E. I have to study for a test. F. When is it? G. I’d love to.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3. ____ 4. _____ 5. _____ B A F E D
你的朋友邀请你去看电影，请 根据在3c中所填写的信息编写 一个与你朋友的对话。 A: Can you go to the movie on Saturday evening?
B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
教学目标： 语言知识目标： 1) 能掌握以下单词：the day before yesterday, the day after tomorrow, weekday, look after, invitation, reply, forward, delete, print, sad, goodbye, take a trip, glad, preparation, glue, without, surprised, look forward to
2) 能掌握以下句型： ① — What’s today？ — It’s Monday. ② — Can you play tennis with me? — Sorry, I can’t. I …
③ I look forward to hearing from you all.
④ Bring Ms. Steen to the party without telling her so that she can be surprised. 3) 能综合运用can来表达邀请。 4）通过阅读邀请函来掌握必要的信息。
Words and expressions
the day before yesterday 前天
the day after tomorrow 后天
weekday n.工作日 照料；照顾 邀请；请柬 拒绝
Words and expressions
forward delete print sad goodbye v. 回答；答复 v.转寄；发送adv.向前；前进 v.删除 v.打印；印刷 adj.(令人)悲哀的；难过的 interj;&n.再见
Words and expressions
take a trip 去旅行
surprised ) adj.惊奇的；感觉意外的
Words and expressions
look forward to 盼望；期待 hear from 接到(某人的)信；电话
housewarming opening concert headmaster
Words and expressions
t guest calendar daytime
1. Write down these phrases. prepare for … 1) 为??做准备 ______________
2) 得了流感 _____________ have the flu
3) 去见朋友 ________________ meet the friends
4) 当然，我愿意去 Sure. I’d love to. _______________
5) 太多作业 ___________________ too much homework
6. 对不起，我没空。 Sorry. I’m not available. ______________________
not … until 7. 直到??才 _____________ hang out 8. 泡在某处 ___________
9. accept反义词 ________ refuse
2. Make an invitation to your friends. — hang out, tonight; — study for a math test — play tennis; — not free, go to the doctor — come to my party; — I love to. 1) — Can you hang out with us tonight? — Sorry. I must study for a math test.
2. — Can you play tennis with us? — I’m not free. I must go to the doctor. 3. — Can you come to my party today? — Sure. I’d love to.
1. — What day is it today? — It’s Tuesday. 2. — What day was it yesterday? — It was Monday. 3. — What day is it tomorrow? — It’s Wednesday. 4. — What day is it the day after tomorrow? — It’s Thursday.
— What’s the date today?
— It’s October the 19th.
1. — What was the date yesterday?
— It was October the 18th.
2. — What’s the date tomorrow?
— It’s October the 20th.
3. — What’s the date the day after
1b Write the words below the correct
dates. Sunday the _____ 17th Monday the _____ 18th weekday Tuesday Wednesday the _____ the _____ 19th 20th today weekday tomorrow weekday
the day before yesterday tomorrow
Thursday Friday the _____ the ______ 21st 22nd the day after weekday tomorrow weekday
Saturday the ______ 23rd weekend
A: What’s today? B: It’s Tuesday, the 19th. A: What was yesterday? B: It was … A: What’s tomorrow? B: It’s … A: What’s the day after tomorrow? B: It’s …
1. the day before yesterday 前天 e.g. He arrived in New York the day before yesterday. 他前天到达了纽约。 2. the day after tomorrow 后天 e.g. I'll leave Beijing the day after tomorrow. 我将于后天离开北京。
3. weekday n. 工作日 e.g. He is always busy on weekdays. 他在工作日总是很忙。 4. look after v. 照顾；照料 e.g. She must look after her sister at home. 她必须在家里照顾她妹妹。
Listen. Can Vince play tennis with Andy? Circle Yes or No.
Listen again. Match Vince’s 1e activities with the days in 1d.
Vince’s activities ____ play soccer b a ____ go to the doctor ____ study for a test a b ____ have a piano lesson ____ look after his c sister Days a. today b. tomorrow c. the day after tomorrow
Fill in the blanks according to 1d.
Vince ______ play tennis with Andy. He can’t _____ go to the doctor and study for a test has to today. __________, he __________ soccer. has to play Tomorrow After
that, he has a piano ______. And he is lesson going _____ to babysit his sister _____________________. the day after tomorrow
He is really _____ this week. busy
Andy invite Vince to play tennis. Hi, Vince. Can you play tennis with me?
Sorry, I can’t. I …
Make a list of the kinds of 2a parties people have. birthday party, Singing party Dancing party English party Ice-cream party housewarming
1. invitation n. 邀请；请柬 preparation n. 准备；准备工作
动词+ ion (后缀)→invitation 动词+ ion (后缀)→ preparation e.g. She didn’t accept my invitation. 她没有接受我的邀请。 He didn’t do any preparation for this exam, so he failed. 他考试前没做任何准备，所以不及格。
2. reply v. 回答；答复
e.g. They replied my letter three days ago. 三天前他们回复了我的信。 3. print v. 打印；印刷 e.g. Can you print this for me? 你能给我印出这个来吗？
4. delete v. 删除
e.g. Please delete my names from your list.
请把我的名字从你的清单中删除。 5. turn down 拒绝 e.g. Why did she turn down your
6. forward v. 转寄；发送 adv. 向前；前进 e.g. You can forward e-mail to someone else. 你可以将电子寄件转发给别人。 She stepped forward in order to see clearly. 她向前走了一步以便能看得更清楚。
7. sad adj. (令人)悲哀的； (令人)难过的 e.g. She was very sad when her cat died.
她的猫死后，她很悲伤。 8. glad adj. 高兴；愿意 e.g. I am glad that you can come. 你能来我很高兴。
9. goodbye interj. & n. 再见 e.g. She said goodbye and walked away. 她说了再见就走了。
10. take a trip
e.g. I’d like to take a trip to England. 我想去英国旅行。
11. glue n. 胶水 e.g. The glue doesn’t work well. 这胶水不粘了。
12. without prep. 没有；不（做某事）
e.g. A life without a friend is a life without
13. surprised adj. 惊奇的；感觉意外的 动词surprise + ed → surprised 惊奇的
e.g. He was surprised to find
nobody was at home.
14. look forward to 盼望；期待
look forward to + V–ing 形式
e.g. We look forward to seeing you again. 我们盼望再次见到你。
15. hear from 接到（某人的信，电话等） e.g. I hear from my cousin every two months. 我每两个月就会收到我表哥的来信。
Skim the messages below. Why did the people write them? Match the reason with each message.
Message 1: ________________________ accept an invitation
turn down an invitation Message 2: ________________________
Message 3: ________________________ make an invitation
Read the messages again and answer the questions.
1. What kind of party is it? It’s a saying goodbye party. ____________________________ 2. Who is the party for? It’s for Ms. Steen. ______________________
_______ 3. When is the party? It’s on next Friday, the 28th. _____________________________
4. Who did David invite to the party? All the classmates. _______________________________ 5. What can people do at the party? People can say ―Thank you and _____________________________ goodbye‖ to Ms. Steen; They can _____________________________ also play games, eat things. _____________________________
指导： ? 通读这三段信息，可知将David为Ms. Steen的离去举办一个聚会。第三条是聚会的 具体情况。第一、二条是He Wei和Jake的回 复。 ? 第三条是David对同学们所发的邀请，包 括对聚会的准备情况。因此，回答问题应主 要根据第三条的内容来回答。 ? 在理解五个问题的基础上，重点在第三条 内容中寻找。
so that 与 so…that辨析
【辨析】 so that 意为“以便于；以至于”后常跟 目的状语从句，从句中常用can，could。 so … that意为“如此??以至于”， that 后为结果状语从句。
e.g. Tell me her address so that I can find her. 告诉我她的地址，以便于我找到她。 The box is so heavy that I can’t carry it. 这箱子太重了，我搬不动它。
Complete the invitation with words and
phrases from the messages on Page
We are planning a housewarming party _______ at our new house this Saturday. Can you _________? Our house is at 2 come food London Road. We are serving ______ and drinks ____________ from 7:30 p.m. Please __________ your friends and family. A bring party is more __________ with more surprised know people! Please let us _________ by Wednesday ______ you can come to the if party. Hope you can make it!
Imagine one of your favorite teachers is leaving. Plan a party for him/her. Answer the questions with a partner.
1. Why is he/she one of the favorite teacher.
__________________________________ Because she’s really good with us.
2. What do you want to say to her? __________________________________ I want to say “Thank you and goodbye” __________________________________ to her.
3. When is the best time to have the party? I think Saturday afternoon is the best time. ____________________________________ 4. Where can you have the party? _____________________________________ We can have the party in the classroom. 5. What kind of food will there be? Some fruits, cakes, candies and hamburgers. _____________________________________ 6. What kind of drinks would you like to serve? Cola, Spring, tea and water. ____________________________________
7. Who will come to the party? All the students in our class. ________________________________ 8. What activities will there be at the Singing, dancing, playing the guitar, party? playing the violin, cross talking… ________________________________ ________________________________ 9. How can you make the party a surprise for your teacher? We are going to bring her to the party ________________________________ withou
t telling her.
1. Read the passage after class. 2. Write your own sentences with the phrases below. 1. bring … to … 3. think of 5. so that 7. surprised 2. take a trip 4. without doing … 6. look forward to 8. hear from
1) 掌握下列生词: daytime, concert,
headmaster, event, guest, calendar
3）能够综合运用所掌握的知识并根据相关 提示来完成写一个简单的邀请信的任务。 4) 通过写一个邀请信及答复伙伴的邀请信， 达到综合运用所学知识的目的。 5）复习本单元所学的重难点内容， 及时巩固提高。
Let’s review the phrases. 1. 后天 _______________________ the day after tomorrow 2. 前天 _______________________ the day before yesterday 4. 照看；照顾 look after __________ take a trip 5. 去旅行 ___________________
6. 带??去?? ________________ bring … to …
7. 乐意做某事 be glad to do sth. ________________
8. 以便于；以至于 _____________ so that 9. 盼望；期待 _________________ look forward to …
Fill in the blanks with the right words. Ms. Steen is a fun teacher. She’s going back to the US soon. So, all the students are very ____. sad To show how much they’re going to ____ miss her, David wants to have a _______ ____ surprise party for her next Friday the 28th. He needs prepare some students to help him ________ the party.
He Wei really likes Ms. Steen a lot because she helped her to ________improve her English so much. She can help buy food and _______. She can also help to ______ Ms. Steen to drinks bring the party ________ telling her. Jake would without love to come to the party. But he’s not _________, because his family is _______ available taking a trip to Wuhan at the _____ of this month to visit his aunt and end
uncle. However, he’s still be _______ glad to help out with any of the party ___________. All the students are preparations looking ________ to this great party. forward
What kind of party is it?
It’s an opening of a new hospital.
1. opening n. 开幕式；落成典礼
动词 open + ing → opening e.g. My father has to go to the opening of a new theater tomorrow. 我爸爸明天必须去参加一个 剧院的落成典礼。
2. concert n. 音乐会；演奏会 e.g. I got a ticket to the pop concert. 我得到了一张流行音乐会的票。 3. daytime n. 白天；日间 e.g. I can’t sleep in the daytime. 我白天睡不着觉。
4. headmaster n. 校长 e.g. We would write a letter to the headmaster. 我们将写封信给校长。 5. event n. 大事；公开活动；比赛项目
e.g. The flower show is a yearly event in our city. 我们市的花展一年一次。
6. guest n. 客人；宾客 e.g. We must prepare a room for our guest. 我们必须为客人准备一个房间。
7. calendar n. 日历；日程表 e.g. Is there a cal
endar here? 这里有日历吗？
3a Read the invitation and answer
the questions. 1. Who is making the invitation? Larry Smith _____________________________ 2. What is the invitation for? _____________________________ It’s for the opening of the new library at No. 9 High School. _____________________________ 3. When will the event happen? It_____________________________ will be on the morning of Wednesday, January 8th at 9:00. _____________________________
4. What will happen after this? _____________________________ They can enjoy the school concert. 5. Do parents have to bring anything? Yes. They should bring one book _____________________________ as a gift for the new library. _____________________________ 6. How should people reply to this invitation, and when? They should reply in writing to _____________________________ this invitation by Friday. _____________________________
首先，浏览一下邀请信，了解邀请信的 目的及大意。 其次，读后面的问题，明确其意思。 然后，带着问题，细读邀请信，在信中 找出回答该问题的依据，并作出相应的回答。 最后，再通读一遍短文，检查所回答问 题的正确性。
Write an invitation to a party or any other event. Reply to your partner’s invitation. If you turn down the invitation, give a good reason.
Include the following information ? kind of party or event ? when and where it will be ? if guests should bring anything ? if guests should reply to the invitation ? when and how guests should reply
Use the following words and phrases: would like to, will be, after this, please, reply ___________________________________
? 本题要求学生们写作两个小作文，一个是 写一个邀请他人参加某聚会或活动的信函； 另一个是答复你伙伴的邀请信。 ? 首先，认真阅读邀请信所包含的内容：聚 会或活动的类型；举办的时间与地点；客人 的着装；客人是否须带东西；客人是否须答 复此信；何时及如何答复此信。 ? 参照3a写一个包含上述内容的邀请信，注 意运用右栏中的提示词语。
One possible version:
Dear parents, ___________________________________ I’d like to invite you to the opening ___________________________________ ceremony for the new students at No. 10 ___________________________________ Middle School. The opening will be on ___________________________________ the morning of Wednesday, September ___________________________________ 4th at 8:00. After this, you can visit our ___________________________________ school. Please dress smartly. I would also ___________________________________ like to invite each parent to think of some ___________________________________ words to encoura
ge your child to study ___________________________________
___________________________________ hard at school. Please reply in e-mail to ___________________________________ this invitation by Monday, September, ___________________________________ 2nd. Our e-mail address is __________________________________ Number10MS@sina. com. I look __________________________________ forward to hearing from you all. ___________________________________ Huang Zongsheng __________________________________ Headmaster
One possible version:
Dear Headmaster: ___________________________________ Thanks so much for inviting. I’d love to ___________________________________ go to the opening ceremony, but I’m not ___________________________________ available. I have an important meeting in __________________________________ Beijing this weekend. I’ll think of some ___________________________________ words and give them to my child. Then, ___________________________________ I’ll visit the school another time next week. ___________________________________ Li Ming’s father. __________________________
Student A, look at your calendar on the right. Student B, look at yours on Page 81. Find a time when you can both go shopping.
Can you go shopping with me next week?
Sure. I’d love to. When?
Well, what are you going to do on Monday evening?
I must study for the English test. What about Tuesday evening?
1. Fill in the blanks in the conversation.
A: Hi, Peter. 1.____ you come to my party Can 2. _____ the weekend? on B: Sure, 3.______ love to. I’d you A: How about 4. ______, Jenny? C: I’m afraid I 5. _____. I 6. ______ to look can’t have after my little cousin. Can A: 7._____ you come, Jeff? D: I 8.______ be able to, but I’m not sure. might I’ll 9. _____ let you know tomorrow.
2. You get these invitations but can’t go. Write a refusal and a reason.
1. Invitation: ―Can you come to my party on Saturday?‖ Reply: ____________________________ I’m afraid I can’t. I have to
prepare for the math exam. ____________________________
2. Invitation: ―Let’s go to the movies tomorrow night.‖ Sorry, I can’t. I have to look after
my sister at home. Reply: _________________________________
3. Invitation: ―Let’s go to the concert tomorrow night.‖ Reply: ________________________ I’d love to. But I’m not ________________________ available. I’ll visit my grandparents with ________________________ my family.
4. Invitation: ―Do you want to go shopping with me next week?‖ Reply:I’m afraid not. I have to go to the dentist. _______________________________ 5. Invitation: ―Can you play soccer with me after school today?‖ Reply: Sorry, I can’t. I have to practice violin. ______________________________
opening 1. I’m very busy, I can’t go to the ________ (落成典礼) of the new library. 2. I get his _________ (邀请) but I can’t go. invitation 3. I have too ______ (多) homework to
do. much 4. Mr. King sometimes goes to the _______ concert (音乐会).
1. 背诵3a中的短文。 2. 整理一下自己课堂上所写的 邀请信及答复信，进行修 改，然后写在作业本上。