My name is Wang Kun and my sister is Wang Wei. Since middle school，we have dreamed about taking agreat trip by ，we finally got the to do it.
We started our long bike ride the Mekong River（循公河）it was autumn, thesnow had already started to fall in Tibet. Our legs felt so heavy and that we thought they were ice.Have you ever seen ride bicycles？Wang Wei was in front of me as go the hills was great fun.When we reached a valley山谷），it became much warmer. We had to clothes. In the earlyevening，we stopped our tents and then we ate. After supper，Wang Wei went to ，the sky became clear and night！We have already traveled so far. We are reaching Dali inYunnan Province. There our cousins Dao Wei and Yu Hang will us in the ride trip. I'm sure we'll havea greater time together.
31. A. bus B. bike C. train D. plane
32. A. chance B. experience C. information D. instruction
33. A. in B. on C. along D. above
34. A. Although B. Because C. When D. If
35. A. warm B. hot C. comfortable D. cold
36. A. snowmen B. businessmen C. engineers D. foreigners
37. A. him B. her C. me D. them
38. A. back B. over C. up D. down
39. A. wash B. carry C. change D. dry
40. A. put up B. put on C. put away D. put down
41. A. work B. sleep C. travel D. run
42. A. colourful B. dim C. light D. bright
43. A. wind B. fog C. cloud D. rain
44. A. busy B. boring C. noisy D. quiet
45. A. greet B. join C. visit D. interview
31—35 BACAD 36—40 ABDCA 41—45 BDADB 2007年
Vanilla is my best friend. She is a lovely girl with two big, beautiful eyes. But she always
hides them a pair of black glasses.
the classroom. The teacher was giving us our results of a Chinese exam. I had done badly. I felt so 分数: ―Is it because of the exam? Do you want me to tell you the right ?" I looked away from her. When I looked up again, where, but couldn't find it.
she was! My face turned red. I wanted to hug her,but I only held her hands and said,"Thank you. We are best friends.
31. A. behind B. below C. among D. near
32. A. slowly B. quickly C. nearly D. happily
33. A. singing B. sitting C. dancing D. playing
34. A. happy B. sad C. funny D. excited
35. A. voice B. sound C. noise D. cry
36. A. everything B. something C. anything D. nothing
37. A. knocking at B. shouting at C. laughing at D. pointing at
38. A. forgot B. kept C. practiced D. remembered
39. A. answers B. exams C. results D. notes
40. A. that B. who C. which D. what
41. A. gave B. turned C. carried D. moved
42. A. pain B. interest C. surprise D. fun
43. A. kind B. brave C. healthy D. careless
44. A. whether B. when C. after D. unless
45. A. still B. yet C. also D. ever
In front of my daughter Sindu, was a bowl filled with cabbage. She hated cabbage. She only sat there in silence with tears her eyes.
"Sindu, darling, why don't you a little? Your mom will shout at me. "
Sindu wiped(擦) her with the back of her hand.
"OK, Dad. I want?"
"Yes, within reason. "
she began to eat. It took her almost half an hour to finish the Then she came up to me and said, "Dad, I want to have my head shaved( 刮、剃) !"
"Sindu, why don't you something else? If we see you with a clean-shaven head, we will be ," I said.
"But, Dad, you promised! Now, you are going back on your words. "
I had to 39 my promise. Sindu had all her hair cut off. She looked beautiful. On Monday morning, I took her to school. when we arrived, a boy got out of a car, and shouted, " Sindu, please wait for me! "
Guess what? The boy had hair either.
"Sir, your daughter is !" a man got out of the car and said. "That boy is my son, Harish. He has cancer. He lost his hair he got ill. Sindu cut hers off so Harish felt less She's a special girl. "
I stood for a while, "My little girl, you me how selfless ( 无私的) real love is!"
31. A. on B. in C. at D. behind
32. A. cook B. cut C. wash D. eat
33. A. tears B. bowls C. cabbages D. cars
34. A. that B. who C. what D. which
35. A. Luckily B. Slowly C. Easily D. Heavily
36. A. food B. homework C. game D. talk
37. A. fight for B. look for C. ask for D. pay for
38. A. happy B. sad C. funny D. comfortable
39. A. lose B. break G. change D. keep
40. A. Just B. Even C. Still D. Again
41. A. much B. no C. some D. any
42. A. great B. silly C. weak D. strange
43. A. unless B. although C. whether D. when
44. A. different B. strong C. dangerous D. important
45. A. suggest B. teach C. give D. offer
Ⅲ. 31. B 32. D 33. A 34. C 35. B
36. A 37. C 38. B 39. D 40. A
41. B 42. A 43. D 44. A 45. B
―Hi! John.‖ Mary ran towards me with a bright smile, saying, ―I’m going to have a dance performance(表演) tonight. I hope you’ll come. Here is the ticket. Don’t forget!‖ Then she in a hurry.
―What? Dance? Is that ? ‖ I asked myself. Mary was not such kind of girl. She was quite one. I had never seen her wearing colorful clothes. In fact, she really did not know to dress up. What a terrible thing!
―I should go to, I must go to.‖ I thought.
and sat down. Her performance was the seventh one. I knew I would have a time before her turn, for I had no sense of art, her performance was worth watching, no matter how ling I would wait.
Time went , I tried my best not to fall asleep.
Just then, came the , ―Let’s welcome the next exciting dance – Latin!‖
Hearing this, I opened my eyes as large as possible, to lose anything. Wearing a golden and shining skirt, Mary appeared. She with a sweet smile, looking like a pretty butterfly flying…I could believe my eyes.
After all the performance ended, I her at the gate.
―Hi!‖ She stood in front of me with her crystal(水晶) shoes. ―How do you feel?‖
―Fantastic!‖ I answered.
―Ha, ha. I knew would be.‖ She could not hide her excitement, laughing a child.
At that time, I realized that every girl has a pair of special shoes which are like the crystal shoes of Cinderella.
31. A. came B. jumped C. left D. moved
32. A. possible B. lucky C. funny D. careful
33. A. modern B. common C. perfect D. careful
34. A. why B. where C. when D. how
35. A. seat B. room C. gate D. way
36. A. great B. short C. hard D. relaxing
37. A. or B. so C. but D. and
38. A. quickly B. slowly C. safely D. easily
39. A. words B. sentences C. sounds D. cries
40. A. hoping B. fearing C. planning D. hating
41. A. walked B. skated C. danced D. stood
42. A. seriously B. hardly C. nearly D. certainly
43. A. waited for B. looked for C. paid for D. cared for
44. A. I B. you C. she D. it 45. A. as B. like C. for D. at
阅读下面短文,然后从各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。 Mary worked as a
waitress in a restaurant. One day she saw an old man go 26 into the restaurant
and toward a table. She ran over to him, and said, ―Here, Sir. Let me help you with that
27 . ‖
Without saying a word, he smiled. She 28 the chair away from the table.
Steadying(扶 稳）him with one arm, she helped him move in front of the chair and sit down
29 . Then she put his walking stick(拐杖）by the table where he could reach it.
In a soft, clear voice he said, ―It’s very kind 30 you, Miss. ‖
‖You're welcome, Sir. ‖ She replied. ― 31 I am Mary. I'll be back in a few
minutes. If you need anything, just wave at me. ‖
After he had finished a big 32 of pancakes, bacon, and hot lemon tea，
Mary helped him 33 from his chair, and out from behind the table. She 34 him his walking stick, and walked with him to the front door.
Holding the door 35 for him，she said，― Come back and see us, Sir ！ ‖
He 36 with his whole body, smiled, and nodded. ―Thank you so much. ‖ he
said softly. When Mary went to clean his table ,she was very 37 Under his
plate she found a business card，a one - hundred - dollar bill and a note which read ：
Dear Mary ,I respect ( 尊重) you very much, and you respect yourself too. You have 38 the secret of happiness. Your kind gestures will shine through those who meet you.
The man she had served was the owner of the 39 where she worked. This
was the 40 time that she，or any of his staff had ever seen him in person.
26. A. quickly B. shyly C. slowly D. luckily
27. A. chair B. table C. door D. plate
28. A. lifted B. pulled C. pushed D. knocked
29. A. nervously B. seriously C. comfortably D. actively
30. A. with B.to C.for D. of
31. A. So B. And C. Or D. But
32. A. meal B. cup C. list D. menu
33. A. down B. up C. out D. over
34. A. sent B. handed C. threw D. showed
35. A. closed B. clean C. straight D. open
36. A. turned B. ran C. jumped D. fell
37. A. bored B. worried C. surprised D. relaxed
38. A. questioned B. found C. lost D. forgotten
39. A. supermarket B. hotel C. restaurant D. factory 40. A. first B. same C. last D. next
阅读下面短文，然后从各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案 It all started at the beginning of the ninth grade. Carmen found she couldn't see things all the time. She became very worried, but she hoped would know that. made up.
Three days later. Carmen got new glasses and instructions kids will think I'm silly. " Carmen said. Her mother and shook her head. "You look just as beautiful as before, she said. But Carmen didn't believe her.
The next day. Carmen kept the her pocket(口袋))as she walked into the
Suddenly, she heard her friend Theresa shout.
Carmen ran over to the other girls. "What's the and I can 't lose it. "
Carmen and her friends began to she could see better. She took the glasses out . It was the ring.
"Here it is," she shouted. She handed it to Theresa.
停顿). ―Hey, 1 didn’t know you wore glasses. They look great!"
Carmen had that she was wearing the new glasses. ―Thanks,‖ she replied. "Maybe wearing glasses won't be so bad after all." Carmen thought.
26. A. clearly B. carefully C. freely D. quickly 27. A. everybody B. anybody C. somebody D. nobody 28. A. explain B. care C. agree D. understand 29. A. by B. from C. like D. to
30. A. relaxed B. cheered C. smiled D. jumped
31. A. ring B. keys C. book D. glasses
32. A. tired B. unhappy C. afraid D. serious
33. A. matter B. reason C. question D. secret
34. A. special B. common C. cheap D. heavy 35 A. ask for B. wait for C. look for D. pay for 36 A. though B. if C. because D. as
37. A. natural B. new C. dirty D. different
38. A. ears B. feet C. eyes D. hands 39 A. still B. ever C. never D. often
2007Ⅵ. 完形填空 (共15小题,计15分)
―How are you?‖ is a nice question. It’s a way that people in the United States meet
each other. But ―How are you?‖ is also a very question. It’s a question that often have an answer. The person who asks ―How are you?‖ hopes to hear the answer ―‖, even though the person’s friend isn’t fine, ―How are you?‖ isn’t really a question, and ―Fine‖ isn’t really an answer. They are simply other ways of saying ―Hello‖ and ―‖.
Sometimes, people also don’t say just what they ―Do you agree?‖ the other person might be thinking, ―No, I don’t agree. I think you’re wrong.‖ But it isn’t very to say so, so the other person might say, ―I’m not so .‖ It’s a nicer way to say that you don’t agree with someone.
People also don’t say just what they are thinking when they talking with other people. For example, many talks over the phone when one person says ―I’ve got to go now.‖ Often, the person who wants to hang up gives an excuse: ―Someone’s at the door.‖ ―I’ve got to put the things ―Something is burning on the excuse might be real, or it might not. Perhaps the person who wants to hang up simply doesn’t want to talk person’s 36．A．funny B．friendly C．strange D．useful
37．A．good B．unusual C．interesting D．possible
38．A．doesn’t B．mustn’t C．shouldn’t D．can’t
39．A．Right B．Terrible C．Fine D．Yes
40．A．because B．when C．though D．unless
41．A．OK B．Bye C．Hi D．No
42．A．want B．do C．lose D．mean
43．A．polite B．necessary C．important D．easy
44．A．afraid B．well C．interested D．sure
45．A．finish B．keep C．enjoy D．miss
46．A．continue B．last C．begin D．end
47．A．on B．away C．in D．out
48．A．kitchen B．floor C． fire D．chair
49．A．too many B．at all C．at once D．any more 50．A．health B．body C．feelings D．family
36. B 37. B 38. A 39. C 40. A
41. C 42. D 43. A 44. D 45. A
46. D 47. B 48. C 49. D 50. C
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从A、B、C、D四个选项中选,出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 Two men, Mr Smith and Mr Martin were both badly ill. They were in the same room. Mr Smith was able to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon. His bed was the only window of the room.
Mr Martin had to spend all his time lying on his back. The men for hours without stopping. They spoke of their families, their times, their jobs…
And every afternoon when Mr Smith could in his bed, he would pass the time by talking to his about all the things that he could see outside the . Mr Martin believed that his world was made ―larger ‖ by the ―colorful‖ world.
Out of the window was a with a lovely lake. Mr Smith told Mr Martin about the beautiful ducks swimming freely on the water, happy children playing around, colorful flowers and big old trees around the lake.
As Mr Smith told him all this, Mr Martin would close his eyes and tried to make the richest pictures for in his mind…
Days and passed, and finally, Mr Smith went back home. Then Mr Martin the nurse if he could move to the other bed. for him, the nurse said he could. When everything was done, he tried hard to raise himself a bit to see what was outside. To his , as he looked out of the window, he saw nothing but a wall.
Mr Martin asked the nurse what made Mr Smith able to see so many wonderful things outside. The answered that the man was and could not even see the wall.
36. A. training B. meeting C. hotel D. hospital
37. A. out of B. next to C. away from D. well above
38. A. danced B. sang C. walked D. talked
39. A. sit up B. walk around C. stand up D. jump about
40. A. schoolmate B. desk-mate C. roommate D. workmate
41. A. box B. door C. window D. bed
42. A. foreign B. outside C. lonely D. green
43. A. library B. market C. park D. church
44. A. itself B. yourself C. herself D. himself
45. A. weeks B. hours C. minutes D. seconds
46. A. asked B. thanked C. told D. invited
47. A. Unluckily B. Happily C. Worriedly D. Seriously
48. A. happiness B. joy C. hope D. surprise
49. A. patient B. doctor C. nurse D. friend
50. A. blind B. old C. poor D. ill
41---45: CBCDA 46---50: ABDCA
Once, in a small village, lived a family with eight children. Two of the children loved 36 very much, but the family was so poor that it was impossible to send 37 of them to study at the art college at the same time. After many discussions, the two boys finally 38 a plan. They would toss(抛) a coin. The loser would go 39 into the mines (煤矿) and, with his earnings(赚得的钱), 40 his brother studying at the college. Then, when the brother who won the toss finished his studies, after four years, he would support the other brother studying at the 41
James won the toss and Jack went down into the mines. James worked with all his heart and his paintings were much 42 than those of most of his teachers, and by the time he 43 , he was beginning to make a lot of money for his paintings.
44 James returned, the family held a big dinner for his great success. Soon after the meal began, James 45 up from his seat to drink a toast (举杯祝酒) to his dear 46 He said, "Jack, now you can go to the art college and your 47 will come true. I will take care of you. "
But Jack said 48 , "Brother, the four years in the mines has
done too much to my hands, so it' s too 49 Now I can' t even hold a
To show his great love and respect, James drew his brother' s hands
with 50 towards the sky.
He called his drawing "The Praying Hands", which became very famous
36. A. painting B. books C. school D. money
37. A. any B. all C. both D. neither
38. A. looked out B. worked out C. took out D. got out
39. A. off B. away C. up D. down
40. A. support B. agree C. follow D. let
41. A. home B. mine C. college D. school
42. A. better B. worse C. cheaper D, older
43. A. arrived B. graduated C. walked D. waited
44. A. Before B. When C. Though D. While
45. A. picked B. turned C. looked D. stood
46. A. brother B. sister C. father D. mother
47. A. way B. idea C. dream D. practice
48. A. happily B. surprisedly C. angrily D. softly
49. A. early B. late C. good D. helpful
50. A. legs B. feet C. arms D. fingers
36. A 37. C 38. B 39. D 40. A41. C 42. A 43. B 44. B
45. D46. A 47. C 48. D 49. B 50. D
There was a bIind girl who hated herself because she was blind. In fact，she nobody except
her boyfriend，for he was always to help her. She used to tell her boyfriend，―If I could see the
I would marry you. ‖
One day，someone donated（捐赠）a pair of to her．When the bandages（绷带）came off，
she was able to see everything，including her boyfriend, for the time. He asked her，―Now that
you can see the world, will you me?‖The girl looked at her boyfriend and was greatly surprised
to see that he was ．She would not like to be with a blind husband for the rest of her life，so she to marry him．
Her boyfriend left in tears and a few days later wrote a to her，saying，―My dear，take good
care of your eyes． they are yours．They were mine．‖
This is how the human brain（人脑）often works when our status（地位）changes．Only a very few remember what was like before．And we often ask for more than we need．Life is a gift．Today，before you complain about the of your food，think of someons who has nothing to Before
you complain about life，think of someons who went to heaven（天堂）too carly．Before you complain about your old think of the people who are living in the streets．And when you are tired and complain about your job，think of those who have no jobs．So what you have and don’t forget your past． 36．A．forgot 37．A．ready 38．A．sight 39．A．shoes 40．A．first 4l．A．follow 42．A．ugly 43．A．decided 44．A．diary 45．A．Before 46．A．mind 47．A．taste 48．A．do 49．A．food 50．A．forget
B．loved B．unhappy B．world B．glasses B．second B．love B．sick B．agreed B．note B．After B．work B．size B．wear B．house B．spend
C．disliked C．angry C．earth C．trousers C．next C．marry C．short C．refused C．song C．Once C．school C．color C．eat C．clothes C．enjoy
D．thanked D．sad D．people D．eyes D．1ast D．see D．blind D．wanted D．story D．Since D．life D．shape D．make D．bus D．pay
46．D 37．A 42．D 47．A 38．B 43．C 48．C 39．D 44．B 49．B 40．A 45．A 50．C
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 it wasn’t the bike that I thought it would be. This one was pink, old and worn with age. It was so I thought I my parents’ way. So I put on a smile, rode as fast as I could and didn’t rusty（生锈的）of love, it doesn’t matter what it is in fact. What matters is the love that is in it. I like to remember because giving a gift is not about money. It’s about how much love you can feel from two dollars isn’t any less valuable（有价值的）than one that costs one hundred dollars, or even more.
36. A. talked B. spoke C. said D. told
37. A. hardly B. quickly C. slowly D. easily
38. A. guitar B. gift C. cake D. card
39. A. rushed B. rode C. climbed D. came
40. A. and B. or C. but D. because
41. A. exciting B. interesting C. relaxing D. disappointing
42. A. liked B. hated C. hurt D. thanked
43. A. on B. in C. at D. for
44. A. got in B. got on C. got off D. got up
45. A. surprised B. excited C. happy D. bad
46. A. look ahead B. look back C. come up D. come down
47. A. anything B. nothing C. something D. everything
48. A. love B. money C. friendship D. knowledge
49. A. idea B. news C. advice D. story 50. A. spends B. costs C. pays D. offers
Rudi Matt lived in a small village in the Swiss Alps in 1865. What he wanted most in the world was to climb the peak(山峰) in the Alps. Rudi's mother and his uncle, Franz, a mountain guide, wanted him to stop and start working in a hotel. Rudi would not his dream and secretly got in touch with an English mountain climber was planning to climb the highest peak.
Franz was very when he found out what Rudi had done, but he finally agreed to let Rudi go if he went climbing, . Franz also didn't want to see Emil Saxo, a guide from another village, got to the top him.
Rudi turned out to be a very good climber, as they got close to the top, the Englishman got sick and could go no farther. Franz behind to take care of him, but Saxo continued, wishing to be the to the top. Rudi went after Saxo, hoping to him to the top. When they met, Saxo fought with Rudi and fell down by accident. Saxo was helpless and hurt. Rudi must whether to carry Saxo back down to safety or to continue alone to the top.
He decided Saxo's life was more 38 than his dream and helped him down. During that time, the Englishman and Franz 39 the climb, and finally they reached the top. Later, when they returned to the village, they told people that was the real conqueror(征服者) of the mountain.
26. A. highest B. farthest C. biggest D. deepest
27. A. learning B. playing C. climbing D. talking
28. A. try out B. give up C. go over D. work out
29. A. what B. which C. whom D. who
30. A. tired B. glad C. quiet D. angry
31. A. again B. too C. once D. instead
32. A. after B. behind C. before D. over
33. A. but B. so C. or D. for
34. A. walked B. rested C. stayed D. watched
35. A. first B. second C. third D. last
36. A. take B. beat C. push D. help
37. A. wonder B. remember C. ask D. decide
38. A. important B. successful C. popular D. interesting
39. A. stopped B. continued C. enjoyed D. finished 40. A. Franz B. Saxo C. the Englishman D. Rudi
stories or my own choice of food.
Finally, I felt my 34 at my brother. The poor baby had no idea what had made me so unhappy. Maybe he found me strange, the only person in this house did not like him. Whatever the reason was, he loved 36 me around. However, I seldom talked to him and __37 asked him to leave me alone.
Then all that changed. I hardly remember everything of that day six years ago, I do remember that I was feeling very angry. Somehow my feet led me to my brother's bed. My hand, completely 39 from my mind, reached through the bars ( 护栏^) . At once, he reached his small hand and softly touched And that was all I needed. Through all the unhappiness of the day, that one moment changed How could I hate someone who made me feel so
important? For the __42__ time, I saw my brother, not through the eyes of a child who was no longer favored( 宠爱) , but through the eyes of a To this day, I can't imagine life my brother. It is unbelievable how much I have about life from a seven-year-old boy. Above all, Rohan has taught me that one should not care only for himself.
31. A. happy B. hard C. lonely D. busy
32. A. began B. continued C. changed D. saved
33. A. collect B. choose C. hide D. share
34. A. fun B. anger C. fear D. worry
35. A. which B. where C. who D. what
36. A. showing B. carrying C. meeting D. following
37. A. always B. already C. hardly D. almost
38. A. but B. so C. or D. for
39. A. far B. sick C. different D. free
40. A. one B. both C. mine D. them
41. A. nothing B. everything C. something D. anything
42. A. first B. second C. last D. next
43. A. student B. parent C. teacher D. sister
44. A. except B. besides C. without D. through
45. A. cared B. learned C. talked D. heard
Most people want to be happy ， but few know how to find happiness, money and success alone do not 26 happiness. A famous person once said, "Happiness depends on " In other words, we make our own happiness. Here are a few to help us be happier.
The first secret of happiness is to enjoy the 29 things in life. Too often, we spend so much time thinking about the ―for example, getting into college or getting a good job一 that we can't enjoy the present. We should enjoy life's simple pleasure, 31 spending time with friends often live and healthier lives.
our problems ， and only think about the activity. ，go shopping to buy food for an elderly relative, or simply help out around the house by washing the dishes.
26. A. bring B. sell C. show D. lose
27. A. themselves B. himself C. itself D. ourselves
28. A. letters B. lessons C. suggestions D. exercises
29. A. strange B. surprising C. simple D. expensive
30. A. health B. future C. money D. danger
31. A. in fact B. such as C. as a result D. rather than
32. A. closing B. copying C. printing D. reading
33. A. happier B. lazier C. poorer D. quieter
34. A. plan B. secret C. game D. task
35. A. hobbies B. parties C. classes D. dreams
36. A. CD B. sport C. part D. joke
37. A. forget B. try C. meet D. know
38. A. Unluckily B. Firstly C. Finally D. Suddenly
39. A. After B. Whether C. Though D. If 40. A. in B. at C. on D. with
IMAGINE a life without arms or legs! You can’t hold anyone in your
a day like that? Would you at yourself in the mirror like Nick Vujicic,
the 29-year-old Australian?
Nick was born without limbs（四肢）, so life was not for him.
At school many students played jokes on him he looked different
from everyone else. He was refused to be friends, so he always felt he faced that bravely. He to type and write with two toes（脚趾）at the age of six, and he could surf and play golf. In college, he achieved great success and was among the students in the studies. And he decided on to do later in his life—to encourage others to work hard for their dreams. Now Nick is one of the most popular
in the world. He travels to many countries and gives speeches about his story difficulties. ―Living life fully is about looking at what you encourages millions of people.
―I tell people to keep on getting up when they and to always love themselves,‖ he said. ―If I can encourage just one person, then my job in this life is done.‖
26. A. arms 27. A. laugh 28. A. old 29. A. because 30. A. his
31. A. happy 32. A. failed 33. A. even 34. A. tall
35. A. how 36. A. doctors 37. A. at 38. A. make
39. A. story 40. A. fall
B. ears B. cry B. easy
B. if B. my
B. relaxed B. forgot B. ever B. lazy B. who
B. speakers B. for
B. have B. sadness B. play
C. eyes C. smile C. modern C. until C. their C. lonely C. helped C. never C. sleepy C. what C. scientists C. into
C. lose C. friend C. listen
D. teeth D. shout D. difficult D. although D. our D. surprised D. learned D. hardly D. excellent D. where D. managers D. against D. want D. family D. exercise
SARS has brought us much trouble. However, everything has sides. One side of
SARS is is more important.
SARS makes people realize* that life is valuable*. Once in April, Wang Xinying, a student in
Taiyuan, traveled on the same bus with a sick man who might have SARS, he had to stay
two weeks. ―I’m going to treasure my life every day.‖ He said.
SARS teaches people to be thankful. Many doctors and nurses all their time with
people who have SARS, and be a ir job is trying their best to people’s lives. We must them.‖ He said.
SARS also war and so on. Think of how the Besides, SARS makes people in different countries join together special war
in the end.
31. A. four B. three C. five D. two
32. A. ever B. still C. already D. always
33.A. so B. since C. or D. as
34 .A. at first B. at once C. at last D. at least
35 A. spend B. cost C. waste D. forget
36.A. none B. all C. some D. few
37.A. driver B. teacher C. doctor D. waiter
38.A. safe B. dangerous C. favorite D. famous
39 A. pull B. leave C. save D. love
40 A. learn from B. listen to C. look after D. agree with
41 A. wishes B. teaches C. asks D. wants
42 A. popular B. healthy C. happy D. terrible
43 A. French B. Japanese C. Americans D. Russians
44 A. with B. in C. after D. before
make sure their parents know where they are.
Ricky, the Education Officer and Football Player
from using the football skills.
The money I make from both is certainly welcome too. I've just bought a new sports car and it's I enjoy the things I can buy with the money I get from work.
31. A. buy B. lock C. open D. clean
32. A. its B. my C. her D. his
33. A. forget B. remember C. do D. break
34. A. why B. where C. what D. who
35. A. returned B. borrowed C. washed D. stolen
36. A. on B. back C. by D. around
37. A. also B. else C. nearly D. almost
38. A. look at B. work out C. take away D. hand in
39. A. policemen B. students C. officers D. children
40. A. safely B. angrily C. loudly D. early
41. A. hear B. help C. see D. watch
42. A. basketball B. volleyball C. football D. tennis
43. A. trouble B. difficulty C. pleasure D. surprise
44. A. jobs B. teams C. sports D. games
45. A. bad B. great C. boring D. free
31．A 32． B 33．C 34． C 35．D 36． D 37．A 38． B 39．D 40．A
41． B 42．C 43．C 44．A 45．B
year. She for three hours a day at her job, and then she had to do her homework. Mary parents taught her that working hard and doing her best is very important.
Today Mary works at a college. She students make decisions about their careers ( 生涯). Today the little president with bright ideas helps students think about their future.
31. A. computer B. toy C. ball D. balloon
32. A. later B. after C. before D. ago
33. A. shy B. honest C. quiet D. active
34. A. neighbours B. relations C. friends D. classmates
35. A. to B. at C. over D. about
36. A. Whether B. While
C. When D. Whenever
37. A. had B. put C. made D. sold
38. A. paint B. create C. imagine D. think
39. A. cards B. changes C. conversations D. mistakes
40. A. great B. same C. common D. simple
41. A. what B. who C. which D. if
42. A. sang B. danced C. worked D. slept
43. A. happy B. angry C. busy D. free
44. A. His B. Her C. Their D. Your
45. A. sees B. hears C. feels D. helps
31. B 32. A 33. B 34. C 35. D 36. C 37. A 38. A 39. B 40. A 41. D
42. C 43. C 44. B 45. D
The clock in the old building in front of Max showed six o'clock.
As the clock began , he noticed a tall man with a bag walking
. Max walked faster as well. Miss Fritz had invited him for
dinner. He didn't want to be "I’m glad " Max asked.
"A teacher a school for the deaf. He was totally deaf himself. What a poor man! But he could the shape of my mouth perfectly. He wrote down he wanted to tell me." "Why was he here?"
"Well,the needs more money. I was glad to help out. I had just drawn money from the bank so I was able to give him five hundred ." "Did he just leave? Was he a man with a bag?"
"We'd the police. I don't think that man is honest. I know for sure 40 was not totally deaf,"
How did Max find it out?
26. A. going B. ringing C. running D. working
27. A. The man B. A teacher C. Max D. Miss Fritz
28. A. farther B. closer C. slower D. faster
29. A. late B. early C. polite D. tired
30. A. passed B. made C. given D. sold
31. A. helped B. decided C. visited D. traveled
32. A. by B. behind C. around D. from
33. A. fit B. read C. take D. find
34. A. what B. who C. whom D. which
35. A. factory B. police C. school D. bank
36. A. some B. little C. no D. less
37. A. chairs B. bags C. clocks D. dollars
38. A. fat B. thin C. tall D. short
39. A. beat B. save C. catch D. phone
40. A.I B. it C. he D. she
26. B 27. A 28. D 29. A 30. B 31. C 32. D 33. B 34. A 35, C 36. A 37. D 38.
C 39. D 40. C
With a hat by his feet, a blind boy sat on the steps of a building. He held up a sign which said，
― I'm blind，please help. ‖
Only a few people put 26 in the hat. A man was walking by. He 27 some coins into the hat. He then turned the sign 28 , wrote some words, put the
sign back and left.
Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people 29 to give money to the
blind boy. That afternoon the man came to see 30 things were. The boy
recognized his footsteps (脚步声) and asked, ―Were you the one who 31 my
sign this morning? What did you write?‖
The man said, ―I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a 32 way. ‖ What he had written was, "Today is a beautiful day, 33 I cannot see it. ‖
Both the 34 told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply 35 people to help by throwing some money into the 36 The second one, however,
told people that they were able to enjoy the 37 of the day，but the boy couldn't 38 he was blind.
There are at least two lessons we can learn 39 this story. First，be thankful for what you have.
Someone else has less. Help them if you can. 40 , be creative. Think differently.
There is always a better way ！
26. A. eggs B. coins C. toys D. pencils
27. A. got B. lost C. took D. dropped
28. A. on B. off C. back D. around
29. A. asked B. began C. hoped D. continued
30. A. how B. what C. whose D. which
31. A. put B. found C. changed D. cleaned
32. A. usual B. simple C. different D. dangerous
33. A. as B. so C. for D. but
34. A. signs B. men C. boys D. lessons
35. A. told B. took C. helped D. ordered
36. A. bag B. hat C. pocket D. basket
37. A. food B. songs C. beauty D. pictures
38. A. because B. unless C. before D. though
39. A. about B. with C. from D. except 40. A. First B. Second C. Third D. Fourth
One snowy and windy afternoon, Linda, an 11-year-old girl, went out for play. Unluckily she was blown 49 a snow ditch(沟) by the seashore(海岸). She was frightened and tried her best to 50 the ditch. But the ditch was quite 51 and she was too weak to do so. So Linda 52 for help at the top of her voice. But she could hear nothing 53 the terrible noise of the wind. 54 came to help her. She tried again and again. Her face was whipped(猛刮) by the 55 wind, and she was almost frozen. She wanted to give up hope. Just at that moment. Linda saw a black dog through the heavy snow. It was Villa, her true friend. She was very glad to sec the sign of life. And the
dog began to work she got to Linda. She cleaned the snow around Linda reached out her big strong head to Linda. Linda closed her arms round Villa's neck. The dog backed away pulling her out of the ditch little by little. Successfully, Linda got out of the at last. Then she stood up! With great difficulties, led by her true friend Villa, she was the lovely . was offered the medal(奖章) of Brave Dog Of America.
49. A. under B. into C. on D, onto
50. A. fall into B. go across C. get into D. get out of
51. A. long B. small C. deep D. tall
52. A. spoke B. talked C. said D. cried
53. A. much B. but C. only D. more
54. A. Nobody B, Anybody C. Somebody D. Everybody
55. A. strong B. light C. little D. small
56. A. riding B. leaving C. passing D. driving
57. A. because B. before C. if D. as soon as
58. A. but B. however C. and D. so
59. A. all B. every C. either D. both
60. A. easily B. slowly C. quickly D. hardly
61. A. river B. ditch C. snow D. sand
62. A. saved B. killed C. dead D. found
in our class. But at first he had friends at school. He was always alone.
soon became good friends.
One afternoon, Cathy said to David, " It' 11 be my Will you please come?"
"Certainly. I'm glad to," the boy said David got home and thought about he could give to Cathy. He was sorry that he to ask the girl what she liked. At that moment Mrs Hill came and asked, "What' s the matter, dear?"
"What would you like it was your sixteenth birthday, Mummy?"
"Nothing," the woman said. "I just wish I were 16. "
41. A. school B. factory C. farm D. restaurant
42. A. in B. for C. on D. until
43. A. closed B. opened C. sold D. bought
44. A. live B. study C. teach D. read
45. A. few B. many C. some D. little
46. A. bad B. kind C. shy D. poor
47. A. never B. sometimes C. usually D. always
48. A. ask B. save C. tell D. help
49. A. she B. they C. he D. we
50. A. 14th B. 15th C. 16th D. 17th
51. A. card B. present C. cake D. party
52. A. slowly B. happily C. lonely D. carefully
53. A. what B. which C. when D. where
54. A. tried B. forgot C. wanted D. liked
55. A. because B. why C. if D. how
41． C 42． B 43． D 44． B 45． A 46． B 47． A 48． D 49． B
50． C 5 1． D 52． B
53．A 54．B 55．C
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出最佳选项。 One day a poor boy, who was selling newspapers from door to door to pay for his schooling, found he had only ten pennies（便士）left, and he was hungry. He decided to ask for a at the next house. However, he had another idea when a young opened the door.
Instead of a meal he asked for a drink of water. But as he looked , she brought him a large glass of . He drank it, and then asked, ―How much do I owe (欠) you?‖
―My mother teaches me that I should get money for any kindness,‖ she replied, ―so you don’t owe me .‖
Many years later, the woman became seriously ill. Then she was sent to a famous in London.
Dr Kelly was called in to study her illness. When he heard the name of the which she came from, a strange light filled his eyes.
As soon as he walked her room, he got to know her at once.
He did his best to her. Then he gave special attention to her. After some time she got Dr Kelly asked for her final bill (账单) before she left hospital. He it, then wrote something on it it was sent to her. She was afraid to open it, for she believed it would the rest of her life to pay for it all. But she opened it, and read these words on it: Paid in full with one glass of milk. 36. A. banana 37. A. father 38. A. excited 39. A. coffee 40. A. always 41. A. anything 42. A. park
B. chocolate B. man B. hungry B. juice B. never
C. drink C. teacher C. thirsty C. milk C. often C. nothing C. hotel C. street C. off
D. meal D. woman D. tired D. water D. sometimes D. something D. university D. town D. to D. save D. worse D. looked up D. when D. take
B. everything B. hospital B. house B. into
43. A. country 44. A. from
45. A. examine 46. A. away 47. A. looked at 48. A. after 49. A. cost
B. protect B. back
C. remember C. well
B. looked after B. because B. pay
C. looked for C. before C. spend
50. A. finally B. happily C. quickly D. soon
害怕)of heights was Today ， Spiderman to advertise the movie. In 2004 ， rope(绳索)or safety tools.
Alain climbs as a hobby. He also does it to make 36 for charity ( for children and the happens, don't . Close your eyes and tell yourself,"I can do it."
26. A. stayed at B. studied at C. returned D. left
27. A. books B. keys C. friends D. parents
28. A. at B. before C, after D. until
29. A. old B.big C. small D. open
30. A. in B. near C. next to D. out of
31. A. coming B. gone C. found D. increasing
32. A. already B. hardly C. never D. still
33. A. tallest B. biggest C. oldest D. busiest
34. A. inside B. outside C. top D. floor
35. A. another B. other C. others D. the other
36. A. money B. a living C. a chance D. dollars
37. A. Because B. Before C. When D, So
38. A. dream B. story C. friend D. teacher
39. A. can B. may C. must D. might 40. A. look up B. get off C. put away D. give up
Lucy and I are twin sisters. We always have a strong connection一we can almost read each other's minds. A lot of people say it is 31 for twins to have that connection ， but I never thought about it much. 32 ， I do now because the special connection saved Lucy last year.
When Lucy left for college, I was 33 we would not keep in touch ， but thanks to mobile phones, that didn't 34 . I was really looking forward to her coming home 35 her vacation. But when she got home, I felt something was wrong. I asked 36 she was and she replied that 37 was fine.
A month later I decided to visit her. As I was 38 to her college, I suddenly couldn't breathe. I stopped the car and wondered what was wrong with me ， but then I 39 that it was with my sister. I 40 called her to see if she was OK. She said that things were fine.
About twenty minutes later, the same thing happened, but much 41 than before and all I could see
in my mind were 42 of my sister lying on the floor. I tried to call her again ， but this time she didn't answer. I raced to the 43 ， parked the car, and ran to her room.
When I got there, it was just like what I had seen in my mind, I called 911 and they took 44 to the hospital.
When Lucy 45 ， she smiled weakly, and said the special connection was really magic.
31. A. dangerous B. common C. impossible D. fair
32. A. Luckily B. Finally C. However D. Personally
33. A. proud B. glad C. surprised D. afraid
34. A. happen B. go C. ring D. change
35. A. after B. during C. except D. past
36. A. how B. who C. where D. what
37. A. nothing B. something C. anything D. everything
38. A. walking B. running C. driving D. flying
39. A. realized B. remembered C. suggested D. expected
40. A. happily B. carefully C. loudly D. quickly
41. A. better B. worse C. nearer D, farther
42. A: pictures B. stories C, letters D. problems
43. A. phone B. car C. hospital D. college
44. A. me B. her C. us D. them
37. A. my B. your C. our D. their
38. A. sit B. walk C. run D. dance
39. A. and B. so C. also D. but
40. A. looking B. drawing C. watching D. getting
41. A. reading B. buying C. selling D. writing
42. A. talked B. spoke C. told D. said
43. A. early B. late C. easily D. hard
44. A. beside B. to C. past D. near
45. A. quick B. slow C. short D. long
When I was small, my mum used to give the family something special for meals —she would make breakfast food for dinner.
I still remember one night my mum some bread in front of my dad, something very burnt. I waited to see if anybody noticed. To my surprise, my dad just took his at my mum and then turned to ask me how my day at school had been. I've what I told him that night. I do remember watching him put some butter on that bread. He as usual, every single bit.
what he said, "I burnt bread, dear. It doesn't matter at all. "
, I went to kiss Dad good light. I asked him if he really liked his bread burnt. He held me in —a bit of burnt food never hurt anyone!‖
So don't get angry if the bread gets burnt. Remember. bread never hurt anyone. Be kind to those around you and a happier life will surely come closer to you.
31. A. cooked B. put C. found D. bought
32. A. glass B. milk C. spoon D. bread
33. A. decided B. known C. forgotten D. imagined
34. A. But B. So C. Because D. And
35. A. threw it away B. ate it up C. put it away D. looked it up
36. A. hello B. goodbye C. no D. sorry
37. A. hate B. love C. make D. save
38. A. After school B. Before dinner C. Later that night D. The next morning
39. A. shouted B. said C. laughed D. continued
40. A. tired B. excited C. worried D. interested
41. A. Everybody B. Anybody C. Nobody D. Somebody
42. A. important B. difficult C. funny D. easy
43. A. student B. brother C. sister D. child
44. A. class B. party C. life D. story
45. A. burnt B. cheap C. fresh D. cold
【答案】31.B 32.D 33.C 34.A 35.B 36.D 37.B 38.C 39.B 40.A 41.C 42.A 43. D 44.C 45.A
so he took the money, put the meat in a bag, put the bag in the dog's mouth, and then , and then walked across the road.
Soon the dog got to a the dog stood up to push the button to stop the bus. again and again! A man opened the door and shouted at the dog
"What are you
doing?" the shopkeeper the man, "This dog is a genius!"
The man answered, "Clever? | This is the second time this week it's forgotten its !"
31. A. book B. photo C. map D. note
32. A. surprised B. worried C. sad D. shy
33. A. beat B. saved C. followed D. killed
34. A. When B. Before C. If D. Though
35. A. red B. green C. yellow D. black
36. A. park B. bus stop C. cinema D. book shop
37. A. wait for B. look after C. clean up D. try on
38. A. size B. color C. driver D. number
39. A. got back B. got down C. got on D. got off
40. A. In the future B. After a while C. Just now D. So far
41. A. sold B. washed C. dropped D. mended
42. A. happily B. angrily C. quietly D. politely
43. A. stopped B. thanked C. telephoned D. helped
44. A. Yes B. Sure C. No D. OK
45. A. money B. bag C. home D. key
3 1．D 32．A 33．C 34．A 35．B 36．B 37．A 38．D 39．C 40．B 41．C 42．B
43．A 44．C 45．D
" Nothing is okay, Mom," said the boy, " Today, in our science lesson, Mrs Green was talking dying *. She wants us to think of something we can do to help. I thought all the way home, but there is I can do to make a difference. "
walking down a beach, there he saw thousands of dying starfish * covering the beach, they were his head as he walked along, ' What a pity! So many starfish will die * on the beach. ' The man felt and this one. ' said the boy. "
said to himself, ' Sometimes the biggest lesson in life comes from the person. ' "
31. A. drinking B. making C. selling D. washing
32. A. turned around B. turned down C. turned on D. turned off
33. A. what B. when C. where D. why
34. A. air B. land C. water D. environment
35. A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing
36. A. a lie B. a joke C. a story D. a truth
37. A. wind B. rain C. waves D. sands
38. A. himself B. itself C. ourselves D. themselves
39. A. of B. for C. from D. forward
40. A. afraid B. surprised C. sad D. angry
41. A. slow B. fast C. soon D. high
42. A. father B. mother C. son D. daughter
43. A. Or B. So C. Because D. Though
44. A. began B. continued C. forgot D. waited
45. A. shortest B. tallest C. smallest D. biggest
The weather in some parts of the United States changes a lot and often very quickly.
James and Jennifer were 26 from Nevada to Idaho with their five-month-old son. Shortly after they left home it began to snow. The snow was soon so 27 that it became a blizzard (暴风 雪).The blizzard went on for many hours. By the time it was 28 , there was about 1.5 meters of snow on the road and it was 29 to drive. They looked around for a house to stay in, 30 they could see nothing. They looked for another 31 , but there wasn't one to travel on. They 32 stay where they were. They stayed there for 33 days. They had very little to eat or drink. They ate some cookies they had in the car, and they even had 34 for water. Jennifer was able to feed her baby herself.
After five days, they knew they could 35 stay in their car. James made a large hole (洞) in the snow for Jennifer and the baby to stay in ， and he started the long walk to 36 . In 22 hours he walked over 45 kilometers. At last he got to the town of Vya. James was very 37 and could only just speak ， but he was able to tell the people in the town 38 Jennifer and his son were. The people in the town hurried to 39 Jennifer and her baby. When they found them, the baby was crying loudly. They took them to hospital, where the doctors 40 them.
Many people thought it was a miracle (奇迹)that the family didn't die in such a blizzard.
26. A. driving B. flying C. walking D. sailing
27. A. thin B. strong C. cold D. white
28. A. back B. near C. over D. out
29. A. safe B. quick C. dangerous D. easy
30. A. and B. but C. so D. or
31 . A. town B. person C. hole D. road
32. A. could B. might C. needn't D. had to
33. A. six B. five C. three D. two
34. A. fruit B. cookies C. snow D. plants
35. A. no longer B. as usual C. later on D. after all
36. A. make money B. get help C. see a doctor D. repair his car
37. A. strange B. interested C. sad D. tired
38. A. where B. why C. who D. what
39. A. ask B. visit C. save D. feed
40. A. looked after B. looked up C. looked for D. looked like
It was Molly’s job to hand her father his paper lunch each morning before he went to work. One morning, besides his usual lunch bag, Molly him a second paper bag. This one didn’t look so good. It was and was held togethter with tape(胶带).
Her father kissed Molly and started off to work with the bags.
On his lunch break, while he was eating, he looked the second old bag: two small dolls, three small stones and some coins. The busy father smiled, finished eating and away the bags, dolls and stones.
That when they were having supper, Molly asked, ―Where’s my bag, Daddy?‖
―The one I gave this morning.‖
―I left it at the office, ?‖
―I forget to put this note in it,‖ she said, ―Those are the I really love. I thought you might like to with them. You didn’t lose the bag, did you, Daddy?‖
―Oh, no.‖ he said, lying (撒谎). ―I forget to bring it home. I’ll bring it tomorrow.‖ When Molly put her arm around her father’s neck, he opened the that read: ―I love you , Daddy.‖
Molly had given him her treasures (财富), he had thrown them into the trash can (垃圾箱). So when he went back to the and
of Molly’s things. He put the treasures inside the bag and carried it home.
26. A. handed B. asked C. helped D. bought
27. A. nice B. old C. empty D. expensive
28. A. two B. three C. four D. five
29. A. for B. after C. into D. around
30. A. gave B. put C. ran D. threw
31. A. morning B. noon C. evening D. midnight
32. A. you B. him C. her D. them
33. A. Who B. When C. Where D. Why
34. A. foods B. places C. people D. collections
35. A. study B. play C. deal D. fight
36. A. even B. just C. still D. hardly
37. A. card B. letter C. note D. book
38. A. so B. or C. but D. and
39. A. shop B. office C. bedroom D. school 40. A. turned up B. used up C. gave up D. picked up