初 中 八 年 级 （ 上 ）
人 教 新 目 标
Unit7 Will people have robots?
知识目标： 1.词汇： paper, pollution, prediction, future, pollute, environment, planet, earth, plant, part, peace, sea, sky, astronaut, apartment, rocket, space, human, servant, dangerous, already, factory, believe, disagree, even, shape, fall, inside, possible, impossible, side, probably, during, holiday, word. 2.短语： in the future, play a part, space station, over and over again, hundreds of, fall down, look for 3.句型： What will the future be like? Cities will be more polluted. And there will be fewer trees. Will there be world peace？ Yes, I hope so. Will people use money in 100 years? No, they won’t. 3.语法： Will 引导的一般将来时
Will people have robots?
What do you think our life will be like in future?
Will everything be free?
Will books only be on computers, not on paper?
Will every home have a car?
Will there only be one country?
Will people live to be 200 years old?
Will students go to school or study at home on computers?
Will people have robots in their homes?
1a How will the world be different in the future, 100 years from now? Read these predictions. Check (√) A (for agree) or D (for disagree). prediction :预言；预测；预示 A D 1. People will have robots in their homes. won’t=will not use:使用 A D 2. People won’t use money. Everything will be free. A D 3. Books will only be on computers, not on paper. paper；纸
A D 4. Kids won’t go to school. They’ll study at home on computers.
A D 5. There will only be one country.
D 6. People will live to be 200 years
1b Listen and circle the predictions you hear in 1a.
___A___D 1. People will have robots in their homes.
___A___D 2. People won’t use money. Everything will be free.
___A___D 3. Books will only be on computer, not on paper. ___A___D 4. Kids won’t go to school. They’ll study at home on computers. ___A___D 5. There will only be one country.
___A___D 6. People will live to be 200 years old.
A: Do you think there will be robots in people’s homes? B: Yes, there will. I think every home will have a robot. A: Will kids go to school? B: No. Kids won’t go to school. They will study at home on computers. …
1c Ask and answer questions about the predictions in 1a.
A: Will people use money in 100 years? B: No, they won’t. Everything will be free. Will people live to be 200 years old? A: Yes, they will.
in 和 after
相同点: 这两个词后都可接时间,表示“在…… 以后” 不同点: ⒈“in+一段时间”表
示以现在为起点的将来 一段时间以后,常与将来时连用。 ⒉“after+一段时间”表示以过去某一时间 点开始的一段时间以后,常于一般过去时连用。 当”after+某一时间点”时,仍可用于将来时。
in 和 after
in ① It’ll be finished _____ five minutes. ② He rang you up ________supper. after ③ I’ll be free ______ nine o’clock. after ④ It’s two o'clock. I'll come ____ an hour. in
2a Listen and circle the words you hear.
1. There will be (more / less / fewer) people. 2. There will be (more / less / fewer) free time. 3. There will be (more / less / fewer) cars. 4. There will be (more / less / fewer) pollution. 5. There will be (more / less / fewer) trees.
More (many) , fewer (few)修饰可数名词 more (much), less (little) 修饰不可数名词
fewer 和 less 相同点: 这两个词后都是比较级,均可表示“较少的” 不同点: ⒈ fewer是few的比较级,只能修饰可数名词的复数 ⒉ less是little的比较级,只能修饰不可数名词
① I earn ______ money than my sister. less
fewer ② There are ________ cars parked outside than yesterday.
③ We have ________ students this year than last year.
less ④ You should smokefewercigarettes and drink _____ beer . _______
一些 （ 修饰可数 fewer 否定） n.
一些 （ 修饰不可 less 否定） 数n. 许多 修饰可数 more n. 修饰不可 more 数n.
least most most
What will happen 100 years later?
There will be … 将会有??
There will be fewer trees.
There will be less water.
There will be more people.
There will be more pollution.
There will be more buildings.
more更多的 (most 最多的)
water, air, paper, time, pollution, money, coffee
few 一些的（否定） fewer更少的（修饰可数名词）(fewest最少的) cars, trees, buildings, people, computers, astronauts, robots, times (次数)
fewer & less
相同点: 这两个词都是比较级, 均表示“较少 的”。 不同点: 1. fewer是few的比较级, 只能修饰可数名词 的复数。 2. less是little的比较级, 只能修饰不可数名词。
C --- ______ scientific attitude is needed in developing our city. --- I agree with you. In this way, we can make ______ mistakes. (2011四川成都) A. Fewer; less B. Less; more C. More; fewer
试做以下试题: ① I get ______ money than my sister. less ② There are ______ cars parking outside fewer today than yesterday. fewer ③ We have ______ students this year than last year. ④ You ought to smoke ______ cigarettes and fewer less drink _____ beer.
3a Fill in the blanks with more, less or fewer.
less 1. In the future, there will be ________ fresh water because there will be _________ more pollution in the s
ea. 2. In 100 years, there will be ________ cars more because there will be _________ people in the more cities.
fewer 3. There will be _______ jobs for people because _______ robots will do the same jobs more as people. 4. I think there will be _______ cities because more people will build ________ buildings in the more country. 5. In 50 years, people will have _______ free less time because there will be ________ things to more do.
2b Listen again. Check (√) the predictions you hear.
_____ 1. There will be fewer people.
√ _____ 2. There will be less free time.
_____ 3. People will use the subways less.
_____ 4. There will be more pollution.
√ _____ 5. Cities will be very big and crowded.
2c Make conversations about the predictions in 2a and 2b.
A: What’s your prediction about the future? B: I think there will be more pollution. A: Really? I don’t think so. But I think there will be fewer trees.
1.背默Grammar Focus 句子
Unit 7 Will people have robots?
Section A Period 2 (3a-3c)
Translate sentences: 1. 将来会是什么样子？城市将会有更多的污染，而且将会 有更多的树。 What will the future be like? Cities will be more polluted . And there will be fewer 2.人们100年后将会使用钱吗？不，不会。每件东西都是 免费的。 Will people use money in 100 years? No, they won’t. Everything will be free. 3.将会有世界和平吗？是的，我希望如此。 Will there be world peace? Yes, I hope 4.孩子们将要在家里电脑上学习。他们将不去学校。 will study at home on computers. They won’t go to school.
Role-play the conversation. 2d Listen and find the answer:
What will cities be like in the future? Cities will be more crowded and polluted. There will be fewer trees and the environment will be in great danger.
Nick: What are you reading, Jill? about 关于 Jill: It’s a book about the future. 听起来 Nick: Sounds cool. So what will the future be like? 更加拥挤 Jill: Well, cities will be more crowded and polluted. 更少的树 There will be fewer trees and the environment will be in great danger. 处于危险当中 搬到其他星 Nick: That sounds bad! Will we have to move to other 球 planets? Jill: Maybe. But I want to live on the earth. Nick: Me, too. Then what can we do? 多种树 Jill: We can use less water and plant more trees. Everyone should play a part in saving the earth. 在…起…作用
1，danger n. 危险
Children's lives are in danger every time they cross this road. 孩子们每次过这条马路都面临着生命危险。 Doctors said she is now out of danger. 医生说她已脱离危险。
dangerous adj. 危险的 The traffic here is very dangerous for children. 这里的交通对孩子很危险。 用danger 的适当形式填空 dangerous It’s __________ to swim such a wide river. danger The boy’s life is in great ________ after a car accident.
2.Play a part in …
She plays an active part in teaching these poor children.
她积极参加对这些贫穷孩子的教学工作。 making He didn’t play a part in _________ (make) the most beautiful car. C
We should play an important part ______ planting more trees in Dongying City.
A on B of C in D at
肯定 否定 一般疑问句 回答
I will have I won’t have many toys. many toys.
He will do a good job. There will be more people.
Will I have Yes, I will. No, many toys? I won’t.
He won’t do a Will he do a Yes, he will. good job good job No, he won’t. There won’t be more people. Will there be more people? Yes, there will. No, there won’t.
They will be happy.
They won’t be Will they be Yes, they will. happy. happy? No, they
3. Will 表示将来时态，其后常跟的时间 状语
tomorrow 明天 next year 明天 next week 下周 before 不久
next month 下个月 the year after next 后年
the day after tomorrow 后天 the week after next 下下周
人称都可以用will。 否定式：will not = won’t
1. People won’t use money. 1) people 作“人” 讲时, 是可数名词, 单、复数 相同。a / one people 或 two peoples (×) three people, many people (√) people泛指“人们”, 是一个集体名词. e.g. There are five people in that room. 那个房里有有五个人。 Many people like to go shopping. 很多人喜欢购物。
1) We study for the people. 我们为人民而学习. the people作“人民”讲, 有“全体”的含 义。 2) The Chinese people is a great people. 中华民族是一个伟大的民族. people作“民族”讲, 可以说 a people。 the village people 乡下人 3) the city people 城里人 people指“平民、百姓、居民”
辨析: people, person, folks和 human.
1) people意思为“人们”时, 着重指全体 ①―人”包括men, women, children
one people 2) person ② people的单数形式 one person
√ ③意思为“人们”时, 着重指个体
V I P = very important person 重要成员 意为“人们”时, 指一般人或特殊年龄、位 置、境遇等特殊阶级的人, 现在常用people 。 3) folks如: the old folks at home 家里的老人
4) human = human being 人(类) 主要用来区别于其他动物
2) money, 不可数名词, 意为“钱, 金钱”。
可用: much, some, any, a lot of 等修饰。 纸币 paper money small money =change 零钱 硬币 coin ready money =cash 现金 earn / make money 赚钱 bank money 把钱存入银行 save money 存钱 refund money 退款
2. Everything will be free. free adj. 免费的, 免税的, 空闲的,自由的 → n. freedom 免费, 自由 free list 免税货物单 free market 自由市场 free speech 言论自由 free thinker 自由思想家 free way 高速公路 freeman 自由人(公民) freehearted 坦率的 freewill 自愿的
Kids won’t go to school.
小山羊、小山羊皮 (n.) Kid =child (口语)小孩 kids =children (口语)欺骗、耍弄、开玩笑 过去式 kidded 现在分词 kidding You’re kidding! 你在开玩笑 No kidding! 别开玩笑
4. They’ll study at home on computers.
homeland hometown homework homemade homegrown homeless be away from home the joys of home Please make yourself at home. 祖国 家乡 家庭作业 自制的 国产的 无家可归的 离家在外 天伦之乐 请随便(不要拘束)！
辨析: family, house, 和 home
1) family 指家、家庭、家人 不指住房 These are my family. 这是我的家人 2) house指居住的房屋、住宅 This is my new house. 这是我的新居 ①指同家人共同生活的地方, 不一定含有建筑物的意思. ②可以是船上、窑洞或帐篷里的家庭组织. ③特别强调家里的氛围和环境 3) home ④home在美语中指“住宅”=house 谚语: East or west, home is best. 金窝银窝, 不如自己的狗窝. 谚语：There is no place like home. 没有地方比得上家.
5. People will live to be 200 years old. live to be + 基数词 + years old ―活到··岁” ·· ·· 辨析live, alive, living和lively live ―活着的”, 置于名词之前, 作定语。 adj. alive ―在世的”, 常作表语, 但偶尔也作 后置定语或补语. living ―活着的”, 常作定语, 也可以作表语, 作表语时相当于alive. lively ―活泼的, 有生气的”, 既可以作定语, 又可以作表语.
6. I think there will be more pollution.
(宾语从句) 某地有某物(表存在) There be 1) 有
某人有某物(表拥有) Have / has
2) there be 接词要运用就近(临近)原则 There is a book and two bags. There are two bags and a book.
注意: 由于will后接动词原形, 因此在 “there be‖ 句型一般将来时的句中will之后用be动词的原 形, 即“be‖一词, 无论后面是单、复数或不可数
e.g. There won’t be any paper money. There will only be one country.
There will be more leisure time.
3) there be 句型的时态变化 一般过去时 There was / were… 一般现在时 There is / are… 一般将来时 There will be… e.g. There is a book on the table. There will be more people in this city . There won’t be rain soon. --Will there be rain? --Yes, there will. / No, there won’t.
7. I think every home will have a robot.
every 每 个 ①着重指由一个一个所形成的全体 ②用于三个或三个以上的人或物
Every answer is right. 每个答案都是对的. each ①着重指全体中一个一个的个体
There are trees on each side of the road. 路的两边都有路。
(The Simple Future Tense) 时态：一般将来时
1、概念： (1) 表示将要发生的动作或存在的状态。 我们明天去看他。 We will go to see him tomorrow. (2) 表示将来经常或反复发生的
动作。 从现在起我将每天来。 From now on I will come every day. 2、结构： 助动词 shall / will + v. 原形
3、 shall与will的区别： shall常用于第一人称
否定式：shall not = shan’t 缩略形式：’ll will 常用于第二、三人称, 但在口 语中各种人称都可以用will。
否定式：will not = won’t
4、 be going to 和 will 的区别：
1). be going to 表示近期、眼下就要发生 的事情，will 表示的将来时间则较远一 些。如： He is going to write a letter tonight. He will write a book one day. 2). be going to 表示根据主观判断将来肯 定发生的事情，will表示客观上将来势 必发生的事情。 He is seriously ill. He is going to die. He will be twenty years old.
3). be going to 含有“计划，准备”的意 思，而 will 则没有这个意思。如： She is going to lend us her book. He will be here in half an hour. 4). 在有条件从句的主句中，一般不用 be going to, 而多用will。 如： If any beasts comes at you, I'll stay with you and help you.
在下列几种情况下用be going to
1. 根据现在所见，预计不久肯定会发生 的事情时 Look! --- it’s going to rain! The car is going to turn over.
2. 谈及打算或事先决定了的事情时 What are you going to be when you grow up?
在下列几种情况下要用will而不用be going to
说明 带有意愿色彩 例句 I will tell you the news. 我会告诉你这个新闻。
问对方是否愿 意或客气的邀 请或命令
Will you please close the window? 你能关一下窗户吗？ Will you go with us? 你愿意和我们一起去吗？
5、基本句型： 肯定句: 否定句: 主语 + shall / will +v. 原形 主语 + shall / will +not + v.原形
一般疑问句: shall / will +主语 + v原形
特殊疑问句: 特殊疑问词 + 一般疑问句 Yes, I shall. / Yes, I will. 简略回答:
No, I shan’t. / No, I won’t.
6、时间状语： tomorrow 明天 next month 下个月 before 不久 next week 下周 next year 明天
the day after tomorrow 后天
the year after next 后年
the week after next 下下周
1. I think kids will study at home on computers ____ ten years. D A. at B. for C. after D. in 2. Hurry up! The train ____ in two minutes. C A. go B. went C. will go D. goes 3. I think that England ____ next time. A A. will win B. won C. is winning D. wins
4. There __________ a meeting tomorrow C afternoon. A. will be going to B. will going to be C. is going to be D. will go to be 5. –________ you ________ free tomorrow? D – No. I ________ free the day after tomorrow. A. Are; going to; will B. Are; going to be; will C. Are; going to; will be D. Are; going to be; will be
6.--- Why are you in such a hurry, Mike? B --- There _________ an NBA basketball game in ten minutes. （2009福州） A. will have B. will be C. is going to have D. are going to be
1. We will b
uy (buy) him a pen for his
birthday next week. 2. I will call (call) you when I get there.
3. If it is sunny tomorrow, we ___________ shall / will have (have) a picnic outside. 4. I will tell (tell) him the news when I see
him at the office.
5. There won’t be (not be) a football
match next month.
1．be about to + v. (―即将??”，指紧接着 要发生的动作) Let’s wait a minute. He is about to arrive. 2．be + v.-ing … (―定于??”，指接近的 将来动作) He is leaving for Hong Kong tomorrow morning. 3．be + to v. (―定于??”，指预定的将来 动作) She is to be here at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow.
1). 在含有be about to + v. 的句子中，不能再 加时间状语。
2). ―be + v.-ing‖句式中，动词是某些瞬间动 词，特别是表趋向动词，用现在进行时刻表 示按计划、安排即将发生的动作，如go, leave, come等。
3b Complete the predictions with what you think will happen.
1. Kids study at school now. In 100 years, _______________________________________ _______________________________________ 2. I sometimes see blue skies in my city, but in the future ______________________________ _______________________________________
3. People now usually live to be about 70–80 years old, but in the future ______________ ______________________________________ 4. Families usually spend time together on weekends, but maybe in 200 years ________ ______________________________________
3c Draw a picture of what you think a city in the future will be like. Then describe it to the class.
I think there will be more tall buildings, and there will be fewer cars and more buses.
Do a survey about your friends and finish the following chart.
Five years ago
He / She was…
He / She is …
In five years
He / She will be… He / She will play…
He / She played… He / She plays… He / She had…
He / She has… He / She will have …
Listen to the song Whatever will be, will be and try to grasp how to use will be.
Whatever will be, will be
When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother what would I be. Will I be pretty? Will I be rich? Here’s what she said to me.
Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be, the future’s not ours to
see. Que Sera sera. What will be will be. When I grew up and fell in love, I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead. Will we have rainbows day after day？Here's what my
sweetheart said. Que sera, sera. Whatever will be will be. The
future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera. What will be will be. Now I have children of my own. They asked their mother what will I be. Will I be handsome? Will I be rich？I tell them tenderly . Que sera, sera. Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera. What will be will be. Que sera, sera …
What do you want to be in the future? What are your new year’s resolutions? Write about your own life
goal, and what you are going to do that. Then report to the class.
Unit 7 Will people have robots?
Section B Period 3 (1a-2e)
A：What will you be in 10 years?
B：I will be a …
A：Where will you work? B：I will work in …
I’ll be a computer programmer.
I’ll be an astronaut.
Place to live
1a Write each word in the correct column below.
astronaut house apartment train rocket space station computer programmer Jobs Transportation Places to live house, apartment, space station
astronaut, train, rocket computer programmer
1b Think of other words and write them in the chart in 1a.
1c Listen to Alexis and Joe. Number the pictures [1-3].
1d Listen again. Fill in the blanks with the correct verbs in the box.
am lived will be
live took will live
work will fly
1. I ________ in an apartment across the live street from here. 2. I ________ near here. work 3. I ________ a computer programmer. am 4. We ________ in a house in the country. lived 5. I ________ the train to school. took 6. I ________ an astronaut. will be 7. I ________ rockets to the moon. will fly 8. I ________ on a space station. will live
1e Student A is Alexis and Student B is Joe. Talk about Joe’s life now, 10 years ago and 10 years from now.
Where do you live?
I live in an apartment.
Write a short passage about yourself.
Five years ago, I was in primary school, I played football with classmates after class, and I had a dog.
Now I’m a middle school student. I like playing
tennis. I am good at English and I have good grades.
In five years, I will be a doctor, I will make much
money, and I will travel around the world. I will play the guitar. I will have a parrot.
Section 1 Discussion Before You Read
1.Do you think you will have your own robot? 2.What’s it like? 3.What do you want it to do for you?
It can do housework.
It can do boring work.
It can be a doctor.
It can play the piano.
It can plant flowers.
It can do many hard or dangerous work.
2a Tell your partner what you know about robots. What do they look like and what can they do?
Section 2 While You Read
2b Read the article fast and match each paragraph with the question it discuss.
A: Will robots think like humans in the future? B: What will robots be like in the future? C: What can robots do today? D: What are robots like in movies?
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 3 Paragraph 4
2c Read the article again quickly. Complete the sentences about what robots can do now.
1. Robots can build ___________ in factories. cars 2. They can do ___________ jobs many times simple and never get bored. 3. Some can _________ and ____________. walk dance 4. Some can help ___________ people under look for buildings ____________.
Paragraphs 1-2: Answer the questions. the robots look like in the 1. What do
Human servants. 2. What can the robots do for people? They help with the housework
and do jobs like working in dirty or dangerous places.
3. Where are the robots already working? In factories. 4. What kinds of the jobs do the robots do? Why? They do simple boring jobs over and over again. Because they will never get bored.
Paragraphs 3-4: Mark True or False.
F 1. Japanese companies have already made robots sing and dance. T 2. Some scientists think that there will be robots like humans, but Mr. White disagree. T 3.It’s easy for a child to wake up and know where they are. F 4. Some people believe that robots will be able to talk in 35 to 50 years. T 5. If buildings fall down with people inside, these snake robots can help look for people under the buildings.
2d Fill in the blanks in this paragraph with words from the article.
Some robots are very human-like. They can walk and _________ like people. dance Some scientists think that in the future they will _________ robots more like humans. make This may not _________ in the near future, happen but at some point, robots will even be able to _________ like people. talk
disagree However, some scientists ____________. James White believes that robots won’t be able to do the __________ things as us. For same example, he thinks that robots will _____________ be able to wake up and know never where they are. Which side do you _____________ with? agree
1. help sb. with sth. 帮助（做）??
help sb. (to) do sth. 帮助做??
He often helps me with my English. = He often helps me study English.
help sb. (to) do sth. 帮助某人做某事 你能帮助我学英语吗？
Can you help me (to) learn English ?
help oneself ( to ) 自用(食物等)
Help yourself to the fish. 请随便吃鱼。
I like _______ my mother _____ the B housework.
A. help; with
C. helped; to do
B. helping; with
D. helps; do
2. It takes / took / will take sb. some time to do sth. 某人花了??时间做某事(时态根据具体 情况决定） It takes me an hour to get to my office.
It took me quite a long time to understand.
spend 的主语必须是人，常用于以下结构： (1) spend time ／money on sth. 在??上花费时间（金钱）。 例：I spent two hours on this maths problem. 这道数学题花了我两个小时。
(2) spend time ／money (in) doing sth. 花费时间（金钱）做某事。 例：They spent two years (in) building this bridge. 造这座桥花了他们两年时间。
take 后面常跟双宾语, 如： It takes sb. ＋时间＋to do sth. 做某事花了某人多少时间。 例：It took them three years to build this road. 他们用了三年时间修完了这条路。 It _________ (take) me half an hour to finish will take my homework tomorrow.
pay的基本用法是： (1) pay (sb.) money for sth. 付钱（给某 人）买??。例： I have to pay them 20 pounds for this room each month. 我每个月要付20英磅的房租。 (2) pay for sth. 付??的钱。例：
I have to pay for the book lost. 我不得不赔丢失的书款。
(3) pay for sb. 替某人付钱。例： Don worry! I'll pay for you. 别担心，我会给你付钱的。 (4) pay sb. 付钱给某人。 例: They pay us every month.
Tom _____ (pay) 300 dollars to buy the paid new bike.
根据所给的中文提示，仔细阅读句子，然 后填出单词的正确形式。 The boy ______（花费）three days reading the novel.
了三天”, 此句动词应该用过去时态。答 案是spent。
(2004 年北京市海淀区中考试题) I'm interested in animals, so I _______ every Saturday working in an animal hospital. A. pay B. get C. take D. spend 【解析】该题考查的是pay, get, take 和 spend 这四个动词的用法区别。只有动 词spend 可以用在sb. spends time doing sth. 这个句型里，所以正确答案是 D。
Don’t worry. It won’t _____ you too much time to fly from Haikou to Guangzhou. ( 2002 海南省 ) A. take B. cost C. spend D. use 【解析】 A。固定结构。 It takes sb. some time to do sth. 意为“某人花费多 少时间做某事”。句意为：“别担心。 从海口到广州坐飞机不用多少时间。”
1. They spend too much time A the report. A. writing C. on writing B. to write D. write
2. It will A me too much time to read this book. A. take B. spend C. pay
3. hundreds of
hundred 数词, ―百”, 用于a、one或含有数 量意义的词之后, 其后接可数名词的复数形式。 There are four hundred students in our grade.
当这类数词前面有具体的数字时, 数词不能 用复数形式。如: We have more than five hundred this kind of books. 我们有500多本这种书。 three hundred 三百 five thousand 五千 a few hundred 几百 类似的数词还有thousand , million（百万） , billion(十亿） 当数词前没有具体数字时, 数词用复数形式, 后面接短语, 再加可数名词 的复数形式。
1. Every year, _____ people go to visit their D factory. A. a thousand of B. thousands
C. thousand of
D. thousands of
2. _______ people lost their homes in Japan’s C earthquake. A. Two thousands C. Thousands of B. Thousand D. Thousand of
B 1. ______ travelers come to visit our city every year. （2011 哈尔滨市） A. Hundred of B. Hundreds of C. Five hundreds D. Hundred C 2. ______ trees have been planted near here, so the air is very fresh. （2010 四 川达州） A. Two hundreds B. Hundred of C. Hundreds of D. Hundreds
3. The number of the students in our A school is about nine ______. ______ of them are boys. （2010 贵州省铜仁市） A. hundred; Two thirds B. hundred; Two third C. hundreds; Two thirds D. hundreds; Two third
4. make sb. (代词为宾格）do … （让）??（做）?? He made Tom laugh. 他使汤姆发笑
。 I couldn't make my car start this morning. 今天早晨我的汽车发动不起来了。
使役动词是表示“使、令、让、帮、叫”等意 义的不完全及物动词，主要有leave, get keep， make(使,令)， let(让), help(帮助)， have(有； 让；从事；允许；拿)等。
1. make / have / let +sb. +do sth. 2. get / set / leave + sb. to do / doing sth. leave sb. doing 让继续处于某种状态 Don't leave her waiting outside in the rain.
B Loud music makes Tina _____ to dance. A. to want C. wanted B. want D. wanting
--- How do you feel when you see the national flag of China? A --- It makes us _____ proud.[包头] A. feel B. to feel C. felt D. feeling 【解析】在make, let, have等使役动词和see, watch, notice, hear, listen to, look at, feel等 感官动词后的复合宾语中，动词不定式不 带to。故选A。
Mother makes me _______ my homework every day before I can play video games． A. finish B. finished C. finishing D. to finish 答案：A
B He made some toys ______ his little son. A. please B. to please C. pleasing D. pleased 【解析】此题陷阱选项为A。错误的原因 是由于受思维定式的影响，由于做过许多 make用作使役动词的题，那么一看到 make这个词就认为是用作使役动词，这 样就误选为A。其实，这里的make是“制 作”的意思，不是用作使役动词。句意为 “他制作了一些玩具来讨好他的年幼的儿 子”。
5. the same as … 和??一样 — She looks the same as Lucy. — They are the twin sisters. 她看起来和露西长的一样。他们是双胞胎 姐妹。 反义短语： be different from
1. Let’s meet at _______ place as we did C yesterday. A. a same B. same C. the same D. same the the same bag as 2. This is ______________ I lost yesterday. 这个书包和我昨天丢失的相似。
6. be able to 能够做某事 We hoped that we should be able to do that. 我们希望我们能这样做。 They may be able to give me some ideas. 他们会给我一些建议的。
be able to 和 can 的区别 (1) be able to 用于表能力，并可用于多种 时态和非谓语动词短语，而can 只有一般现 在时和一般过去时两种时态。 (2) can 可用于人或物作主语的句子中；而 be able to 的主语只能由有生命的名词充当。 (3) can 常指客观上能够；be able to 更侧重 于“克服一定困难”、“经过努力”、“有 能力”做成某事。
Exercise Fill in the blanks with the expressions be able to or can. 1.All the people ______________ escape were able to from the fire in time that night.
2. He said he _____________ finish his could
homework in an hour．
Section 3 After You Read
Look at the following pictures. And
guess what the robots can do.
play the violin
clean the floor
Let your imagine fly. (放飞你的想像) If I have a robot, I hope that it will …
2e What kinds of animals
might robots look like in the future? What do you think these robots will be able to do? Write your ideas and discuss them with your partner.
I think some future robots might look like ________________. They will ____________ ______________________________________
Unit 7 Will people have robots?
Period 4 (3a – Self Check)
What will your life be like in 20 years?
Where will you live in 20 years?
Our Life in the Future
What will you be in 20 years?
Can you make a sentence with each of the words in the box below?
meet work live look keep wear more less fewer take
3a Read Jill’s answer to the question ―What will your life be like in the future?‖ Fill in the blanks with the words in the box.
meet work live look keep wear more less fewer take
In 20 years, I think I’ll be a live newspaper reporter. I’ll _______ in Shanghai because there will more be ________ jobs in that city.
As a reporter, I think I will ________ lots of meet interesting people, so I’ll have more friends. I’ll have ________ pets, though, because I’ll fewer ________ have free time. And my apartment less will be no good for pets because it’ll be too small. So I’ll probably just ________ a bird. keep
wear During the week, I’ll ________ smart clothes. On the weekend, I’ll ________ less smart but look I’ll be more comfortable. In the future, people will ________ more so they’ll work probably have fewer vacations, but I think I’ll ________ a holiday in Hong Kong when take possible. One day I’ll even go to Australia.
Ask and answer.
1.What will Jill be in twenty years?
She will be a newspaper reporter.
2. Where will Jill live in twenty years? She will live in Shanghai. 3. Will Jill have pets? Yes, she will.
3b Complete the chart about your life 20 years from now. You can add more items.
What will … your be like? job home free time activities neighborhood
I will be a … in 20 years.
I will live in a … city in 20 years.
3c Write about your life 20 years from now. Use 3a and 3b to help you.
On a piece of paper, write about your life in twenty years. Don’t write your name on the paper. Put all the students’ papers together. Take turns reading the paper. Then guess who wrote them.
A: This paper says ―I’ll be an engineer in
ten years‖. B: I think Lin Wei wrote that. C: Yes, I wrote it.
4 Discuss how you think a robot will help students with schoolwork in the future. Write down your group’s ideas and draw a picture of your robot.
1. I think students won’t need dictionaries because a robot will tell them the meanings of words. 2. ______________________ ______________________ 3. ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ 4. ______________________ ______________________ 5. ______________________
1 Put the words in the correct columns in the chart.
job people pollution robot fresh water paper planet car clean air city f
ree time building money tree
more / fewer job, people, robot, planet, car, city, building, tree
more / less pollution, fresh water, paper, clean air, free time, money
2 Fill in the blanks in the conversation.
Girl: Mom, what will the future _______ like? be Mom: Well, nobody knows what the future will be ________. like Girl: But ________ I be beautiful like you? will _________ I be a pilot? I want to fly up into Will the sky. Mom: You’re already beautiful. And you should study hard. Then you _________ be a can pilot.
Girl: OK, I must study harder then. Mom: But you should also remember that _________ will _________ both good and there be bad things in life. Girl: Oh, but I’m not scared, Mom, because will you _________ help me!
Ask and answer the questions.
Which country will win the next World Cup?
? ? ? ?
What will the weather be like tomorrow? Which movies will win awards next year?
What will teenagers do for fun twenty years from now?
A: I think that France will win the next World Cup. B: I disagree. I think that Brazil will win.