Mr White is a member of his office. He’s ____1____ and can easily deal with all kinds of matters. So he’s always ___2____ more than his workmates. Of course he’s often ___3__ and has no time to do the housework. His wife ____4___ him well and does all at home.
____5____ ! their daughter was hurt in a traffic accident last month and had to be____6___. Now Mrs. White to look after her there ____7_____ she can’t go home. Mr. White often eats something in the restaurant. As he ___8____ did some cleaning, the rooms were all disorderly(零乱不堪).
Yesterday morning, before Mr. White got up, the telephone ____9____. He sat up to answer it. His friend told him to ___10____ an important telephone number down. But he could find ___11___ a piece of paper. He found there was much dust(灰尘) on the table and wrote the number on it. But soon he ____12___ it and went to work. Two hours later ____13____ came back and looked for a sweater for her daughter. Her husband came in while she was ____14___ the table. He couldn’t ___15____ the number on the table and called out angrily, “Who let you clean the table?” 1. A. important B. strong C. good D. able 2. A. helped B. thought C. paid D. asked 3. A. busy B. quiet C. lazy D. happy 4. A. sees B. knows C. misses D. takes care of 5. A. Well B. Once C. What’s more D. Bad luck 6. A. in hospital B. outside C. in bed D. in time 7. A. but B. or C. while D. and 8. A. not B. never C. almost D. often 9. A. shouted B. spoke C. rang D. called
10. A. write B. remember C. understand D. use
11. A. either a pen or B. neither a pen nor C. both a pen and D. not only a pen but 12. A. forgot B. read C. took D. threw
13. A. he B. his friend C. his wife D. his daughter 14. A. brushing B. walking in C. leaving D. cleaning 15. A. find out B. listen to C. see D. write
Bill loved to scube dive. He loved to be in the _____1___ water. He loved to watch the beautiful plants and ___2____.
One Saturday afternoon Bill was scuba diving near the Florida coast(海滨). He was ___3___ some beautiful fish. Suddenly, the water pulled ___4___ down. Bill tried to swim up, but he failed.
Bill looked down and ___5____ a huge pipe(管道). It was about 16 feet across(直径). The pipe was __6___ the sea floor. The water was pulling Bill into the pipe. Again, Bill tried to swim up, again, he failed.
A few moments later, Bill was inside the pipe. The water was ____7____ pulling him. Whre was he going? What was at the end of the pipe?
Then Bill remembered: There ___8___ a big factory nearby. The pipe went straight to the factory. Bill ___9___ there was probably a pump(抽水机)at the end of the pipe. Then he felt afraid.
For four long minutes, Bill was in the pipe. He could see ___10___. Everything was black. Then Bill saw something blue. ___11___ was it? It was blue sky! Bill was out of the ___12____ ! he was in a pool of water at the factory.
____13____, there was no pump at the end of the pipe. There was only a pool of water.
A worker at the factory ____14____ Bill out of the water. Bill had a few cuts on his
legs and arms, __15___ he was not really hurt. 1. A. hot B.cold C. deep D. clear 2. A. flowers B. fish C. trees D. birds
3. A. looking at B. looking after C. looking over D.looking up 4. A. the fish B. him C. the plants D. her 5. A. sees B. saw C. seeing D. to see 6. A. to B. on C. at D. under 7. A. still B. even C. only D. also 8. A. is B. were C. are D. was
9. A. asked B. found C. believed D. thought 10. A. anything B. something C. nothing D. everything 11. A. When B. Where C. What D. How 12. A.house B. factory C. water D. pipe
13. A.Luckily B. Unluckily C. Surprisingly D. Badly 14. A. put B. pressed C. pulled D. pushed 15. A. and B. or C. but D. so
Mr. Perkin stood at the bus-stop and watched the cars go by. Many of the cars were new Beta400s, _____1____ most of them were yellow. Mr. Perkin always _____2____ ta same clothes as other men, ate the same ____3____- as other people,and did the same things after work, and ____4___ the end of the week, Mr. Perkin did not like to be _____5____.
The following week, Mr. Perkin bought a new, bright, yellow Beta 400. He was very ____6___ with it, and drove to work in it____7____ the next day. He was even more pleased with his new car, when he ___8___ all the other Beta 400s, in front, behind, and on ____9____ sides of it.
Mr Perkin parked his car in a big car-park near his office, and walked the ____10___ of the way. But when he came back at five o’clock there were _____11____ many bright yellow Beta400s in the car-park that Mr Perkin did not know ____12___ car was his. He tried his ____13____ in some of the cars, but people passing by ____14___ him a look that he did not like. So he stopped.
____15____ Mr Perkin had to wait for nearly two hours until his was the only yellow Beta 400 in the car-park.
1. A.but B.and C. or D. because 2. A. wore B.dressed C. put D.joined 3. A. drink B. apple C. food D. meal 4. A. at B. on C. to D. with
5. A. free B. busy C. same D. different 6. A. angry B. pleased C.strict D. fine 7. A. nearly B. rather C. just D. very 8. A. saw B. sold C. bought D. heard 9. A. each B. both C. either D. neither 10. A.other B.longest C. last D. rest 11. A.such B.so C. too D.as
12. A.where B. that C. which D. whose 13. A.key B.hand C. best D. way 14. A. had B.made C.gave D.asked 15. A.Grateful B.Clever C.Rich D. Poor
Sarah Winchester lived in California. She was a very ____1____ woman. She didn’t buy many jwwels(珠宝) or ___2___ clothes. ____3___, she spent millions of dollars in __4____ a house. She began to do it at the age of 45. The strange thing about Sarah’s
___5___ was that it seemed never finished. The work on the house went for 38___6___ because Sarah was afraid to ___7____ building it.
Sarah’s house was near San Jose. Every day, a lot of ___8___ arrived there to work for her. Sarah wanted more rooms and more doors and more windows, ___9___ the workers kept on building them. The house was seven floors high and had 160 rooms. There were 200 doors and 1,000______10_______. There were also three lifts, nine kitchens, and 47 fireplaces.
Why did Sarah want a house the kept getting ___11___? It was because Sarah was afraid of ___12___. She thought she would die when the house was finished, so she didn’t want her house to be finished.
Sarah Winchester’s ____13___ seemed to have worked(奏效) ___14___ she lived to be 83 years old. But __15__ her house was finished. 1. A. poor B. rich C. useful D. brave 2. A. cheap B. expensive C. simple D. old 3. A. Still B. Usually C. Instead D. Even 4. A. building B. buying C. selling D. setting 5. A. door B. window C. kitchen D. house 6. A. years B. months C. weeks D. days 7. A. keep B. enjoy C. stop D. help
8. A. drivers B. workers C. farmers D. visitors 9. A. but B. until C. since D. so
10. A. floors B. kitchens C. windows D. rooms 11. A. bigger B. smaller C. stronger D. cleaner 12. A. working B. dying C. living D. growing 13. A. age B. family C. plan D. husband 14. A. or B. because C. neither D. nor
15. A. hardly B. usefully C. carefully D. finally
I can’t remember when I started collecting litter. But it was when I got tired of ___1___ litter nearby and realized that no one else was going to pick it up.
I live ___2___ a forest in Ohio, America. I can walk there ___3___ three minutes. I used to love going there to play with my dog. But one day there was ___4___ much litter there that I became very unhappy.
I decided I had to clean up the forest. I wanted to __5__ happy going there again. I ___6___ my first trip to clean the forest that afternoon. I took a big black rubbish bag with me.
Ten minutes ____7_____ starting to pick up litter, my bag was full! It had cans, _____8___, broken glass and newspapers in it.
From then on, I ___9____ to the forest four times a year to pick up litter. I’m often there for three hours. It makes me feel ____10____ to do something for the environment.
After each trip, I look at all the litter___11___ I’ve found. If __12___ of it is recyclable, I keep it.
I ___13___ understand why people drop litter. But I will keep picking it up __14___ they stop dropping it.
I know I am only doing a small bit ___15_____ the Earth, but I still think it is important.
1. A. seeing B. throwing C. dropping D. cleaning 2. A. far away from B. near C. nearly D. alone 3. A. after B. for C. with D. in 4. A. such B. very C. so D. too 5. A. make B. feel C. look D. find 6. A. went B. made C. got D. tried
7. A after B. later C. before D. of
8. A. juice box B. plastic bag C. bottles D. waster papers 9. A. had gone B. have gone C. went D. will go 10. A. tired B. sad C. interesting D. great 11. A. what B. whom C. where D. that 12. A. many B. some C. any D. much 13. A. didn’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. can’t 14. A. until B. after C.as soon as D. when 15. A. helped B. to help C. help D. helping
Franco is a waiter in New York City.he has one week ____1___ for summer holiday every year. Last summer he __2___ to take a trip to California. He didn’t want to go ____3__ plane. So he decided to take the ____4___ from New York to California.
The train ____5____ Penn Station in New York City on Monday at 10:00 p.m. Franco tried to sleep that night, ___6____ he couldn’t. he was too ____7__ because he knew this trip was a wonderful idea.
For five days, Franco didn’t ___8__ the train. He often had a __9__ through the train and talked with the other passengers. Sometimes he walked between the cars to get ___10___ fresh air. He had all his meals in the dining car.
____11___, at 2:45 p.m. on Friday, the train stopped in San Francisco. Franco was happy to leave the train. On Sunday, Franco took a flight ___12___ to New York. He ___13__ out of the window of the airplane and imagined(想象) the desert, mountains, farms, and cities ____14____. After a while, he closed his eyes and started to make plans for his __15__ summer holiday. 1. A. in B. on C. off D. over
2. A. has decided B. decided C. decides D. deciding
3. A. by B. on C. in D. for 4. A. ship B. bus C. plane D. train 5. A. got B. left C. started D. arrived 6. A. but B. and C. then D. so 7. A. sad B. angry C. tired D. excited 8. A. get down B. get out C get off D. get in 9. A. seat B. walk C. bed D. table 10. A. any B. every C. each D. some 11. A. Final B. Late C. Finally D. Lately 12. A. back B. toward C. across D. through 13. A. saw B. looked C. noticed D. showed 14. A. below B. above C. under D. over 15. A. first B. the last C. next D. the next G
Tom is four years old now. his father works in a middle school and ____1___ P.E. there. His mother works in a shop and his grandma looks after him ___2____. The boy is clever and always ___3___ that he knows more than his little friends too.
One morning Tom’s father ___4__ earlier. The school in which he works was going to hold a sports meeting that day. Of course he was going to be ___5__ than any other teacher in his school. About two hours later Tom’s grandma ___6__ sick. Her head hurt but she couldn’t go to see a ___7___ by herself. She called her son, but ___8___ answered. So she asked the little boy to go to tell his father about it.
As soon as Tom went out, he ____9___ his friend Henry. And he asked him to go there with him. The boys wanted to watch the sports meeting and they __10__ went there happily. When they got to the school, there were a lot of people on the ___11___ and the boys’ 400-metre relay race ___12___. They stopped to watch it. And Tom ____13__ what
his grandma told him to do. They were attracted by the race. Henry asked, “Why is the front boy running so fast?”
Of course Tom didn’t know about it. He ___14___ for a minute and said, “What a fool! Don’t you see the other boys with ___15___ in their hands are running after him?” 1. A. studies B. teachers C. talks about D. watches 2. A. at school B. in the zoo C. in the shop D. at home 3. A. tells B. wants C. shoes D. likes 4. A. left B. stayed C. came D. ate 5. A. early B. freer C. busy D. busier 6. A. wanted B. felt C. guessed D. hoped 7. Aj. teacher B. policeman C. doctor D. worker 8. A. nobody B. somebody C. everybody D. anybody 9. A. met B. hit C. heard D. listened to 10. A. all B. some C. many D. both
11. A. classroom B. playground Cj. garden D. park 12. A. finished B. ended C. began D. happened 13. A. remembered B. forgot C. knew D. said 14. A. saw B. played C. thought D. jumped 15. A. sticks B. balls C. tickets D. knives
Mike Fineday has loved flying since he was small. When he was three years old, his dad took him to an air show. Mike loved the sounds of the plane, he ______ of becoming and airplane pilot(飞行员) someday. As Mike grew up, he learned as _______ as he could about flying. He wanted to go to flying school _______ university. He kept on _______ his parents about it all the time. At that time, pilot training was very _________. Mike’s parents couldn’t afford it.
Later Mike became a salesman. He hoped to get lots of money for flying school. He traveled ______ America for his factory. He liked to travel, _______ by plane. To save money, he usually stayed in cheap hotels.
One morning, Mike _____ to Altanta. On the plane, after breakfast, he went to _______. Some time later, he woke up. The two men beside him were talking in a ______ voice. When Mike heard the word “hijack(劫持)”, he nearly ______ out of his seat, but he pretended(假装) he was still ________ . he listened when the two men talked. Mike quickly learned what was _______. They planned to hijack the plane to Cuba. This made Mike very ____. He knew he had to stop them before they began their _______.
Mike pretended to use the washroom. On the way he met a hostess(空姐) and told her about the coming_______. A moment later, the passengers were told that there was something wrong with the plane. Soon he plane landed at the _______ airport.
The two men received a _______ when they saw twenty police officers were ________ them at the airport.
Later Mike was given free flying training as a reward. ________ he became a pilot and flew happily ever since. Now his story is well known in the United States. .1. A. spoke B. heard C. dreamed D. thought 2. A. little B. much C. easily D. quickly
3. A. as well as B. such as C. because of D. instead of 4. A. warning B. talking C. asking D. complaining 5. A. expensive B. cheap C. difficult D. enjoyable 6. A. along B. towards C. through D. around 7. A. never B. widely C. except D. especially 8. A. flew B. came C. moved D. drove 9. A. work B. sleep C. rest D. bed 10. A. loud B. nervous C. low D. serious
11. A. ran B. walked C. jumped D. dropped
12. A. awake B. asleep C. quiet D.careless
13. A saying B. changing C. discussing D. happening
14. A. sad B. angry C. painful D. careful
15. A. plan B. story C. challenge D. accident
16. A. danger B. trouble C. flying D. training
17. A. safest B. biggest C. nearest D. farthest
18. A. surprise B. welcome C. message D. present
19. A. looking for B. waiting for C. asking for D. talking about
20. A. So B. Since C. Though D. Then
A 篇： DCABD ADBCA BACDC
B 篇：CBABB BADDC CDACC
C 篇：BACAD BCABD BCACD
D 篇：BBCAD ACBDC ABCBD
E 篇：ABDCB BACCD DCDAB
F 篇：CBADB ADCBD CABAC
G 篇：BDCAD BCAAD BCBCA
H 篇：CBDCA DDABC CBDBA ACABD